North End American Grill
206 Olde New Jersey Ave
North Wildwood, NJ 08260Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
North End American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://northendamericangrill.com/
- Phone: (609) 435-5691
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Thursday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Californian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accomodate parties from ten - 200+
- Private Party Contact: Jamie 6095225425
- Entertainment: Live Music
A word from North End American Grill
North End American Grill is the premier destination for food and fun in North Wildwood. Offering upscale bar food and American cuisine. The atmosphere is unique and inviting with ample space for large parties, a casual setting for families and an energetic and lively nightlife with indoor and outdoor dining. Kick back and relax with friends and family with tasty appetizers such as fresh fish tacos and pulled pork sliders to mouthwatering sandwiches and delicious dinners such as BBQ Glazed Mahi Mahi with pineapple fried rice and Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon. Don"t miss Happy Hour, Daily from 4-7pm, with half price drinks and $5 apps! Experience the laid back California Cool atmosphere...'down the Shore!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
North End American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- AnmarDined on 8/28/2014Not impressed with the lobster ravioli though my wife liked the crabby cheese.
- shoretimeDined on 8/22/2014Recommended by staff at adventuerer inn. great choice. good food and you get what you pay for ,unlike some restuarants in the area. Thanks for the service.Special Features:
- Great new restauranthockeyfan28Dined on 8/17/2014I've eaten there twice this summer and the food was outstanding. The outside seating area is great for summer nights. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...VacayladyDined on 8/11/2014The food was so-so for the price. Some things were tasty, some forgetable. The gnocchis I ate were delicious, but well overpriced. $11 for "half" portion... Literally 8 gnocchis. Was told when the order came it was an appetizer portion. Made no mention of that on the menu. If I hadn't had appetizers, I would have still been hungry! My sister got the full portion ($18) and it was still tiny. May consider giving the place another try, but with so many other great options in the area I'm not sure if it's worth it.Special Features:
- Friendly atmosphere !Jrv2011Dined on 7/31/2014I love the outdoor seating area, and the bartenders are extremely friendly! The food is really great and service is fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 13 reviews are from the North End American Grill reviews archive.
- Read reviews... Thought it was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/16/2014I live this app and the reviews are always helpful. My family if five arrived around 9pm and this place was dead. I should have left at that point but we stayed. It took at least 5 minutes for anyone to come to our table while 5 of the waitstaff were talking and laughing with each other. Our waitress had the only 2 tables inside and seemed like the only one who wanted to be there. The food was sub-par. My ahi tuna smelled very fishy (sushi grade is never that strong of smell), the tomato gravy was awful, and it took much longer than it should to get this awful meal. I am not one to complain however stay away
- Happy 4th of JulyRECJRDined on 7/4/2014This is my favorite place when by myself but I took my family here on a busy 4th of July. My Open Table reservations cut me to the front of the line! Despite the crowd, service was quick, excellent and friendly. Manager Jeff does a great job. Our server Chelsea was perfect. We ordered several apps and entrees. Everything was delicious and fresh from Chef Justin's kitchen with ample choices. The bar, kitchen and wait staff all come together here for a great shore experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoxgalVIPDined on 6/15/2014Service excellent, maybe little to fast. Meals were served before salads and apps were even finished. Food was nothing to write home about. Pulled pork sandwich was dry, fries over cooked, flatbread was soggy, salads not very fresh. Will stick to enjoying the outdoor bar.
- Lonely But Delicious LunchretiredbuddiesVIPDined on 6/15/2014This place is really for later in the day and evening, but my husband and I went for lunch. Very few people were there, so it was quiet. My husband had the chopped salad which was very good and large. I had the lobster salad which is a little different using curry in it. It was delicious and very filling. The server was there when we needed her and very professional. We like menus that aren't the standard fare for North Wildwood, so this place was a real treat.Special Features:
- Clean, nice looking restaurantjustmarried0730VIPDined on 5/17/2014Can't beat half priced apps and drinks. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the fixed menu. VeryDonnDDined on 12/31/2013We had the fixed menu. Very good selection, each dish was a good size portion and came out in good time and was very good tasting. Price was right. Fried zucchini sticks should be on their menu in the summer. They were excellent. Best deal for a New Year's Eve dinner we have seen in a long time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/1/2013We got a bunch of apps, which were great, fried pickles, fried Mac & cheese, & clams. I was very disappointed with my entree. I got the wasbi encrusted steak and the taste was awful. Other people got the salmon & thought it was ok. Not worth the price.
- Good food but pay for extras?DonnDDined on 8/10/2013Love the 4 to 7 appetizer deal. Food was good but charging extra for additional sauces or dressings is not a customer friendly way to go. Either give sufficient amount of the sauces with the dish so people won't ask or don't charge. That is a tacky move in my opinion and turns people off.Special Features:
- HOT SHORE SPOTRICHEVIPDined on 8/5/2013For a place I thought would just have bar food I was very surprised. With live music out front by the entrance we were thinking just another shore town bar. We were wrong. It is a very good restaurant. Food was great, service was great and it is a very nice looking place. Going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/2/2013Our appetizer came out and minutes later so did our entrees. The food came out so quickly it was clearly slapped together and mediocre at best. Overall, a disappointing dining experience. In addition, it was happy hour with special drink prices, yet my margarita was still $10.Special Features:
- Loved this new place. WillVickyVIPDined on 7/27/2013Loved this new place. Will definitely be back!!!!!Special Features:
- Good for Happy hour or casual bite.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2013We were greeted with live music and patio filled with happy patrons enjoying appetizers and drinks. Inside, decor was very nice and the restaurant was quite large. We got there in time for half price drinks and $5 appetizers. Clams, calamari and buffalo fries were very good. Mussels way to fishy to eat. Crab cakes way too much filler, pasta, flat breads were good and there were rave reviews over the soft shell crab sandwich. Overall a good place to grab a bite and some drinks with a bunch of friends or reasonably priced dinner with family (including young children. I would not go there looking for a five star dining experience.Special Features:
- Great place to the jerseyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/8/2013Great place to the jersey shore. The menu changed in 2013 summer season and I didn't care too much for it. More sandwich's and most of the gourmet entree's were taken off the menu. GREAT happy hour prices for drinks and food. Outside bar is great and perfect place to hang after the beach for a good cocktail.Special Features: