4520 W. Lake St.
Glenview, IL 60025Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://northbranchglenview.com/
- Phone: 8478136400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Raul Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We have a variety of party packages for all occasions and events. Please contact our event coordinator for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Madeline Miller 8478136400
A word from North Branch
"Genuine Food & Drink" is our motto. Our scratch kitchen, fun and friendly staff, and casual atmosphere makes North Branch a great spot for any occasion. With 10 flat screen TV's, a full bar, and great menu, we are the best place to watch your favorite sports team. Come and join us for our "Genuine Food & Drink"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
North Branch - Best Restaurants in Glenview ›
North Branch reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- HowardDined on 8/18/2014Nice place but food quality could be better. Thin pizza was too salty, and deep dish was too doughie.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Place to Eat!Susie18VIPDined on 8/12/2014We always have a great meal and awesome service here!! It's kid friendly, but also good for all ages. The thing that sets this place apart from most is the stellar service and management. The employees are all super nice and really go out of their way to make customers happy. We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Still changing the menu...OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/9/2014They have been telling us for a year they are changing the menu to add BBQ items. Still no no menus - old ones are so hard to read in the dark with such small print! They did stop selling the carnitas tacos even though they are still on the menu. Corned beef and rye is basically a Reuben without grilling the bread so it is not as greasy. very good corned beef. Sweet potato fries are excellent. Grilled fish tacos are flavorful and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed with food & fun!512poodleDined on 7/12/2014You can't go wrong with any of the pulled pork items on the menu. The burgers are huge and delicious. The sweet potato fries are a must! We love to eat in the booths or at the tables in the bar area. The T.V.'s are a plus but not in your face. It's a fun atmosphere with friendly waitresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Good food, but, way too loud on a Friday night! Great BurgersSpecial Features:
- Graduation DinnerLadycruzyDined on 6/1/2014Took our daughter for graduation... She LOVED the fried pickles ... First time hubby went and he enjoyed the food and atmosphere.Will be going there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2014WE PICKED THIS RESTAURANT FOR MOTHER'S DAY BECAUSE THE MENU LOOKED GOOD. AFTER WE SAT DOWN WE REALIZED THAT THEY WERE ONLY SERVING A MOTHER'S DAY BRUNCH, AND THAT THE MENU WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO ORDER OFF OF. WE WOULD HAVE LEFT BUT MY PARENTS ARE ELDERLY AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN TO HARD. THE BRUNCH WAS PRESENTED AWFUL AND THE FOOD WAS AWFUL AS WELL. IT WAS NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE AND WOULD NEVER GO BACK THERE!
- The following 42 reviews are from the North Branch reviews archive.
- was closed when we arrivedChocagoDined on 4/20/2014I want you to know that we made reservations for 9 on Easter. the reservation was accepted on open table. Imagine our evening when we arrived expecting to have a nice Easter dinner to find out you were not open!!! Very upset. I have eaten there before and the food is good. But if you are making a reservation I suggest some back up plans. This was just a bad situationI would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun place with really goodLauraBVIPDined on 4/12/2014A fun place with really good burgers. Service was fine. Nothing fancy, but a great place to grab a great burger.Special Features:
- Pretty good, but not awesomesherbnDined on 4/6/2014Maybe my hopes were too high after reading all the wonderful reviews. The place was good so please do not get the wrong idea. It just was not wonderful. The food looked awesome and the portions were large. But, the burgers were greasy and (too) salty. The french dip was a bit bland. Overall, I would not avoid the restaurant, but it would not be one I am running back to either.Special Features:
- 03/20/2014bbopdeluxeDined on 3/20/2014This was my third visit to this restaurant and I can't wait to go back. Food is excellent, wait staff is very friendly. I really like this restaurant.5 stars for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger Bonanza!BunnymanDined on 3/18/2014A small group of co-workers wanted to get together for dinner at a centralized location. One co-worker suggested The North Branch. Apparently, they had eaten there once before and had one of the burgers on the menu and thought it was outstanding. The Ambience was comforting and the Service we received in the Bar Area (even though we weren’t drinking) was great. We were amazed by the Bartender’s ability to take our orders correctly without writing it down. Two of us ordered different Burgers and split them for variety. Both were Outstanding! The others ordered a salad and sandwich to split. Overall, great Service & Food. Prices were a bit high though but worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Branch has the bestSJGARCHDined on 3/17/2014North Branch has the best burgers in the northern suburbs of Chicago, one of the best pizza places in the area. Everything on the menu is good.Special Features:
- Best NachosAenderVIPDined on 3/1/2014We've now been her multiple times but this time order some new items. I normally don't like nachos as its all chips with toppings just on the top. These were made the true way with each chip have its own toppings and along with the salsa provided I have to say it was best I've ever had. We had an order of fried pickle chips which were good but felt the batter was too thick making it easy to lose the pickle. The sauce on the side was great. We also had the burger with the pulled pork on top. My wife liked the burger but my son and I did not. Felt it didn't have enough flavor even though there was so much going on; perhaps too much. The pork I tasted on its own and may want to try the pull pork sandwich next time. Service was great.
- Friday night burger spotSmileyDined on 2/28/2014Met some friends for a burger. Asked for a quiet spot - one was reserved. The noise level still drifted our way - perhaps that could be improved a bit. Food was good. Love the sweet potato fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood DiningGlinda1Dined on 2/22/2014We love the NorthBranch. It is great food with a pretty expansive menu. I love the poor Boy salad and my husband loves the burgers on the pretzel buns. The cost is also very reasonable. We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- Calamari are a bit too steepOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/21/2014Calamari are a bit too steep at $9 for the portion size and they are a bit too oily. We've tried them twice and won't get them again. New carnitas pork tacos were juicy with mild pork flavor, pineapple pieces are interesting as they are normally found in Al Pastor variety not with carnitas...They don't need the second corn tortilla given that they are so thick and "manufactured" - you only need doubles when they are freshly made and thin - these are not - with two tortillas all you taste is corn and the pork is lost. The North Branch burger with caramelized onions, Gruyere cheese and rosemary aioli had almost too much going on covering the beef flavor and way too messy! Fries were very crispy and hot. The service was quick and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good find!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/16/2014We really like going here. The atmosphere is comfortable, and the food is really quite good. This restaurant is kid friendly, and we will definitely be returning there soon.There are many good choices on the menu, but be sure to try the pretzel. It's the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality foodMischaVIPDined on 2/1/2014North Branch is a great place for solid food, but nothing fancy. great pizza, burgers, sides. Definitely recommend for all ages, and although the service is really friendly, they are not overly attentive. Nothing to complain about - but could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stayed Close to HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2014We met friends here for dinner when cabin fever set in but we wanted to stay close to home. This was the perfect place to meet. We enjoyed the calamari and cheese curds appetizers. The majority of our group had burgers and everyone said they were very good. I had the French Dip and appreciated that it came with both au jus and horseradish sauce. The food was delicious, the server attentive, and an enjoyable evening was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Pizza and Cold BeerDJMeVIPDined on 1/25/2014Can't go wrong when a restaurant can get the above right. We got a sausage, pepperoni, and green pepper pizza, the sausages were chunky and the green peppers crispy (assume peppers were added later in the process than being baked into the pizza from the start). Nice place, place was fairly busy with a mix of families and younger folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceCaptainDined on 1/23/2014It was our first time at North Branch although we live very close by. We loved the food and service. Very friendly staff and really delicious food. Chocolate cake was unbelievable. Recommend this restaurant for every day diningSpecial Features:
- While it was loud, the foodGraceland1957Dined on 1/17/2014While it was loud, the food was good, service great and very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific burgers but that's itsusanDined on 1/11/2014burgers are great- pretzel rolls yum- not much else worth going for
- Nice family spotAmySDined on 1/7/2014Great kids menu & lots of choices. My husband was unimpressed with the deep dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!Drim1Dined on 12/31/2013We go to North Branch probably once a month, but more in the summer after baseball games, sometimes with large groups and sometimes just our family. Each and every time the wait staff has been friendly, attentive and helpful. The menu is large and varied enough to satisfy everyone! The Calamari, homemade meatballs and wings are winners for the Apps. The Kernel (chicken sandwich), The Snooki (meatball sandwich) and The French Dip are our family favorites and the pizza is really good, too! My son wanted me to add that the milkshakes are "the best he has ever had, anywhere!!" - I have to agree:)Special Features:
- ServiceAdlerDined on 12/16/2013We had a large group of 14 - We told the server right up front - separate checks-- then again when she took our orders, then she comes back with one check. Very irritating. had to wait a long time for the separate checks and then again to get our cards/change back. Lunch took from 11:30 to 1:20Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceSandyVIPDined on 12/4/2013Not sure if it was an off night, as the friends I had gone with had been there a few times before and enjoyed their overall experience. Unfortunately, on this particular evening service was extremely slow. We sat down at 7pm and did not order until 7:45pm. The food was slow to come out, the bill was slow to be picked up, etc. A couple times someone had to get up to get the attention of someone. The food was decent and I'd give it another chance, but was disappointed overall.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/22/2013This was our first time here and we loved everything we ordered. The turkey club was enormous and delicious. One of my kids ordered the kids mac and cheese and it was a little too gourmet for them. I enjoyed it though. We will definitely be back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family owned local placeWilliamVIPDined on 11/13/2013We love north branch and the food is always really good and it is excellent for a local owned place. The only down side is that every time we have been there we have had some kind of mishap in ordering. This time it was really minor, the kitchen forgot a side and a sauce, no big deal. They are always very apologetic and take care of it appropriately. But it is a little unfortunate that it happens every time. That said, the food is great and the service is very friendly and it's priced right. We will for sure go back again and I recommend you try it out if your in Glenview.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local go to place for burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 11/9/2013This place is getting very popular. We had the barbecue spareribs for the first time and although they were nicely smoked and tender they seemed a little too salty like maybe they could use less rub. The barbecue sauce was a dark brown with lots of sweet spice notes like clove and maybe nutmeg. It was a little different from what I'm used to but not bad. As usual the onion rings were large, flavorful and perfectly greasy and so they are quite the calorie nightmare! The chopped salad with chicken was very light with fresh corn and scallions and the lime vinaigrette was tasty and not heavy at all. The cookie skillet sundae was good but not something we would order again - the cookie was more of a cake and the edges were nearly burnt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sports Bar and Restaurant ComboFooddocVIPDined on 11/9/2013North Branch is great for a casual meal when you want more than burgers and pizza, which it is known for. We had great soups, a fabulous pastrami sandwich and a terrific skirt steak sandwich. High quality, big portions, good sides. Nice choice of drinks and beers, a few wines. Quick service, good prices. The restaurant opens into the bar with lots of TVs but there are few in the dining room to keep an eye on the game!! Will definitely go back. And if you think it's too loud, you're too old!!! (I'm 64!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicePattyDined on 11/8/2013We put in for a quiet booth and had one waiting. Good food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have always loved NorthmrrjVIPDined on 11/8/2013We have always loved North Branch. This visit (on a Friday night) was a bit disappointing. The burgers that we ordered medium rare were well done and the service was not great. It was very busy and I suspect that was the problem. We love coming to North Branch and actually suggested the location to the friends we had joining us for dinner. I have never had a bad meal before this night. The restaurant did remove the cost of the burger and included a dessert. We will be back since we have always had a pleasant experience before this. Everyone has a bad day now and then : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to goPhilVIPDined on 10/19/2013North Branch has the best sweet potato fries I've ever had. Believe it or not, I also had an excellent homemade veggie burger. The downside is that it was a little too noisy for my liking. Further, due to a large party in the back, we got the last parking spot in the lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night crowd - TooSaturdaynitedinerDined on 10/19/2013Saturday night crowd - Too loud in the restaurant for conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delivers good food and beerascherer23Dined on 10/10/2013If you're looking for a good burger and beer, this is a great spot. We sat at a booth in the bar and watched the Bears game while having a conversation. We tried a seasonal beer on draft -- Fat Tire Pumpkin Ale -- and had the "Plain Ol' Burger" with our choice of cheese, avocado and bacon. It was accompanied with sweet potato fries with a sweet dipping sauce (worth the $1 upcharge) and a free fried pickle chip as a garnish. We'll come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- football heavengbr53Dined on 10/10/2013Good pizza, great atmosphere for watching footballSpecial Features:
- The food was very good. TheyDaveDined on 10/4/2013The food was very good. They had to take back one of the meals and it took considerably a long time to get the order correct. The waiter we had apologized many times. We understood that they were busy. I would definitely go back. The food was very good and the prices are moderate.Special Features:
- Definitely Coming Back!Hevvenly1Dined on 9/27/2013We were greeted promptly and seated immediately. The server was friendly and helpful. We ordered chips and spinach dip which also came with some amazing green salsa! For dinner, I had a build-my-own burger and fresh cut french fries. My fiance had a breaded chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, mozzarella cheese, and marinara on a ciabatta roll. We were only able to eat half our sandwiches and some fries. My bottom bun became soggy, but i still loved the burger. For dessert we ordered homemade shakes. My peach one was too thin and not very flavorful. But his apple one was perfect and tasted like homemade apple pie al a mode! If my glass hadn't sat empty for 15 minutes after I finished my homemade ginger ale, I'd give it 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.