North Beach Bistro
725 Atlantic Blvd. Suite 6
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
North Beach Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nbbistro.com/
- Phone: 9043724105x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday-Saturday: 11:00am-4pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Seavey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: North Beach Bistro offers a private dining room / art gallery for onsite catering. The room comfortably holds 80 people for sit down dinners and 100 for reception style events.
We also are available for offsite catering functions.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room accommodates up to 100 people. Located next to our dining room our private room doubles as an art gallery. Enjoy your event while being surrounded by fabulous art work from local artists.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Boyer 9043724105x
- Entertainment: North Beach Bistro features live music every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 7:30pm - 10:30pm
A word from North Beach Bistro
North Beach Bistro is Atlantic Beach's best kept secret. Recently voted one of the top 25 restaurants in Jacksonville Magazine, North Beach Bistro offers something for everyone. We feature a casual yet elegant dining experience. Enjoy a cocktail while sampling our tapas menu in the bar before sitting down to dinner. There are many favorites on our dinner menu including our signature dishes Seafood Bouillabaisse or American Kobe Beef BurgerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
North Beach Bistro - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville Beach ›
North Beach Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (20)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (16)good for groups (14)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A favorite!phylVIPDined on 9/13/2014A wonderful quiet place for lunch or dinner. Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent!JaxbchfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Our server was awesome and helped make it a special dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always goodEApvbDined on 9/7/2014This is our special occasion restaurant in Atlantic Beach. Great seafood dishes, friendly service and dinner choices for the kids.Special Features:
- They're awesome.Davoz20Dined on 9/4/2014We were taking friends out for a thank you dinner and everyone had a great time. The service was top notch and so were the food and drinks. We have never had a bad experience here and once again it surpassed our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceBenjiVIPDined on 8/29/2014Mark is a treasure. He makes every experience a personalized one. Thank you Mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time dinernotthatgoodDined on 8/29/2014The place was awesome. Some of the best food i've had in a long timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentUnhappyVIPDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed the food. Shrimp and grits, ya, ya excellent. Nicely prepared dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchRonBDined on 8/24/2014We had a very good brunch, but it seems that 11:00 is a little late to open on a Sunday.Special Features:
- auburngirlDined on 8/23/2014We booked through Open Table. Our only option for a Saturday night was 4p. We got there and dinner isn't even served til 5 so we were disappointed. Had to sit in the bar and that was ok. menu was limited. we will try it again for dinner sometime and hopefully the Open Table website will be more current.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodfaustoDined on 8/22/2014We have gone here a number of times. Never a surprise. It is already very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will be back.DisneyFoodieAdminDined on 8/17/2014I was worried booking a new restaurant never hearing about it from friends but so glad I did. We'll definitely be booking another reservation to try more items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great resturant, food lack flavor.alwayseating904Dined on 8/3/2014The place is great. Food lack flavor. Menu needs changing.Special Features:
- Great Food, long wait timenightowlDined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent, no complaints in that area. It just took forever to receive. We waited about 45 minutes for our main dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usual good experiencelwolfsonVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had our usual good experience aat the North Beach BistroSpecial Features:
- Not worth the pricesomerandomchickDined on 7/19/2014Our server was pretty clueless, didn't remember to bring things she said she would "be right back" with. The wait for each course was very long. My meal was fair at best - the fish was not fresh (and I'm not picky), and was also rather bland (despite my initial concern that it would be too spicy! hah!). My husband's fish (different selection) was also not fresh. My daughter's steak was undercooked. since we waited so long for our meals, we were reluctant to send them back. I ate the side dishes, which were pretty good.
- Pure YUM!CassidyDined on 7/15/2014I rarely order specials on a menu but ordered the surf and turf and the demi glade on the steak was rich and divine on the tongue with just the wonderful notes of garlic and rosemary grilled on the steak. The appetizer of Fried Green Tomatoes with the sharp bite of the datil pepper vinegerette was WOW! Only note that was off was the strawberry shortcake creme brûlée and while the taste was wonderful the texture on the palate was strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Goodmj1773VIPDined on 7/14/2014This restaurant does not get all of the attention of the other fine establishments in the Atlantic Beach area but the food compares to anyone. The chef is consistently creative with the specials and the regular menu items are outstanding. Pasta dishes are especially good as are the soups. Always good service as well. We have never had a less than outstanding meal experience here.Special Features:
- North Beach BistroMPOTVIPDined on 7/14/2014My wife and went to dinner there. My steak was tough and over cooked. My shrimp were dry. My wife's $30 piece of grouper was dry and over cooked. I will not return.
- Solidly goodSuperbVIPDined on 7/13/2014My husband had boullaibaise which was good with salad. I had steak that was very good - tender, tasty w/asparagus. Overall a solidly good meal.Special Features:
- EnjoyableiluvgoodfoodandgoodwineVIPDined on 7/11/2014We had really enjoyed our last meal here in the dining room on a previous Friday night but we wanted to hear the live music so we sat in the bar. The food was just as good, it was just louder as all seats were taken at the bar and high top tables. The music was enjoyable and I'm not sure why they don't pipe it into the dining room so it can be enjoyed by all. We are already talking about when we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five-star food in a fun place!yumyumVIPDined on 7/10/2014North Beach Bistro never disappoints. The food is exceptionally fresh and well-presented, and the chef is happy to accommodate special requests. One of my pet peeves, running out of water, never happens here because they are clued in and service-oriented. We LOVE NBB! No one has a better wedge salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEricahill21Dined on 7/9/2014We ordered the chicken Milanese and the Kobe burger. Both were wonderful and reasonably priced. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Kmb@stuartkmbstuartDined on 7/5/2014This place is amazing. We had Christina for our waitress and she couldn't have been any better. Katie went above and beyond. She alone would make us go back. And the food- outstanding. All four of us cleaned out plates. A five-star experience.Special Features:
- Never going backJudgementalDined on 6/24/2014Mediocre food. Server treated us like we were a plague. She took one look at us and assumed we won't tip well so gave us poor service. Walked away while we were talking to her. Made no eye contact our smiled. We usually tip between 20-25%. She got the base of 15% out of sure generosity. Ribeye Steak was folded at the corners like a cheap steak, very thin and no flavor.Special Features:
- excellent foodPennyDined on 6/21/2014We were delighted with the delicious meal we had at North Beach Bistro. Do not be turned off because it is in a shopping center....fabulous find for us!Special Features:
- North Beach "Fantastic" BistroTDCS7RDined on 6/21/2014Great food, superb service, really enjoyed the pace of the meal. Everything from the fried green tomatoes appetizer with warm bacon vinaigrette dressing to the the peach bread pudding desert were expertly prepared. My dining partner had the Scottish Salmon entree and loved it, savory and flavorful. I had the pork loin special as the waiter explained; breakfast lunch and dinner as it was made up of pork loin, andouille sausage and bacon smothered with a wonderful white gravy and sautéed collard greens like I have never had, delicious. Our waiter, Mark had a great command of the menu and showed up at our table at all the right times, and kept the pace of courses moving expertly. Pleasant & serene, with soft pop&live music Fridays & Saturdays.Special Features:
- made you feel specialCassidyDined on 6/20/2014You are greeted warmly and taken to a table promptly into a warm dark wood leave your troubles at the door. I needed a well lit table and I was plead by the windows but that made is so that I could not see the wonderful ballet of the working kitchen that is quite a scene to watch. I had the shrimp and grits that had a good kick to it. The beef short ribs were so tender you could cut with a fork and the risotto could have been just a tad creamier but the flavor was divine. Dessert! GA Peach Bread Pudding 2 people ate and there were leftovers! Orange Creme brulee was excellent also but I won't share it sweet lusciousness with anyoneSpecial Features:
- Disappointing Father's Day BrunchJustTheFactsDined on 6/15/2014The brunch selection was very limited but that was not the main problem. Had the items that were available been tasty the small selection would not have been an issue. The food was mediocre (and that is being generous). Nothing was horrible but nothing was delicious. The peel and eat shrimp were small and had a weird consistency. Most of the fare was pleasing to the eye but it lacked flavor of any kind, almost like it was devoid of any seasoning. The desserts were not good as well. The "Bottomless Mimosa's" were warm and served from an old looking plastic water pitcher. Not the nice Father's Day brunch I expected. For the price it was not a good deal and definitely not a good memory.
- BrunchjchjDined on 6/8/2014Brunch was very good. Love the bottomless Mimosa. I will go back for brunch and try it for other times ,typo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goog foodTheOccasionalVIPDined on 6/1/2014Brunch is a pricey and the selection is limited but lunch was reasonableSpecial Features:
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/31/2014Highly recommend the wedge salad. Bar seating area is very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Seavey Does It RightchefmasterDined on 5/24/2014My favorite at this restaurant is the fried whole fish (snapper) presented on a bed of fried spinach. Delicious! Another favorite is the Kobe Burger with the fantastic frites and large onion rings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 352 reviews are from the North Beach Bistro reviews archive.
- Great Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Absolutely wonderful place to dine! Great Brunch! Great Service! Great ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Birthday Bashluvs2eatDined on 5/17/2014My husband celebrated his 40th birthday this past weekend and I made reservations at North Beach for the occasion. I had planned on a larger party but had to change our reservation at the last minute and they were so accommodating. I ordered a birthday cake and wanted it to be a surprise and my mom dropped it off before dinner and they kept it refrigerated for us. We were REALLY late to dinner, almost 30 minutes, and my best friend arrived on time and decorated our table. It was a great atmosphere, our server was super nice and so accommodating. We didn't even realize we were the last table in the restaurant at the end of the night. The food was great, we weren't rushed or pushed out the door even though they were closing. Great place!Special Features:
- always a great dinnerSteakloverDined on 5/11/2014We have been to this restaurant on multiple occasions, never disappointed. Menu changes often, evening specials are spectacular.Special Features:
- Great FindBKDTravelgrpDined on 5/8/2014Excellent recommendation from locals in Jacksonville. Will visit again.Special Features:
- Visiting the BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/24/2014A delightful surprise--local ingredients, very well prepared. Wine list is is thoughtful with a good range. Probably our best dinner at the beach since visiting the area for the past three months.Special Features:
- Perfect Easter BrunchLuciaDined on 4/20/2014Food and service were nice For Easter, not a bad price Menu that suited all desires We happily munched for hoursSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchRepeatVIPDined on 4/20/2014Second visit Easter Brunch visit over the last three years, the omelette chef was not very good to much oil in pan, and it seemed like the egg were egg whites. No pancakes or wafflesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Good service and delicious food - great place for brunch!Special Features: