Norma's - Parker Palm Springs
4200 East Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92264Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Norma's - Parker Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theparkerpalmsprings.com/dine/normas.php
- Phone: 760-321-4630x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Friday: 11am - 3pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Herve Glin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Pl call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Reynolds 760-321-4630x
A word from Norma's - Parker Palm Springs
Hello, Happy Luxe. Looking for the ultimate five star diner? At Norma’s at Le Parker Meridien Palm Springs the dining experience begins with a shot of the fruit smoothie of the day and ends with a gift of delectable lightly glazed orange slices. In between, a gastronomic delight of entrees including Very Berry Brioche French Toast, Normalitas Huevos Rancheros, Flat-As-A-Pancake Crabcake, Pancho's Fish Tacos, the chef’s famous Zillion Dollar Frittata straight from Broadway, or Lobster Swimming in Cheezy Macaroni are sure to delight the most discriminating patron. Norma’s wooden floor, cozy leather chairs and inviting residential feeling sets the stage for relaxed gatherings of family and friends. Choose to dine under the stars on the lovely Norma’s patio or surround yourself with the innovative interior of famed New Yorker Jonathan Adler, who has brought his quirky designs out into the California sun at Norma’s at Le Parker Meridien Palm Springs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Norma's - Parker Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014Service is seriously lacking. There were more wait staff than diners and they still couldn't get our order right. The actual waitress was the one who messed up repeatedly and then she never showed up again until the end of the meal to drop off the (expensive) check, with no acknowledgement of the mistakes. Also, we don't need our water glasses refilled every 30 seconds just because you're not busy. I'd rather have the right food at the right time.Special Features:
- Uneven but overall good lunch spotDesertDaveDined on 7/17/2014We lunched on a quiet Thursday at noon. There were only a handful of occupied tables inside and out. We chose to eat inside due to very hot climate (105 degrees), which provided a lovely view of the landscaped grounds of the Parker property and patio area. Menu is varied, and we were delighted to find out that the breakfast items were still available. We enjoyed a lobster omelette and a Cobb Salad; both were very good, but a bit bland; needed more seasoning (but 2 types of hot sauce were brought to the table). Service was prompt, professional and friendly. The small smoothie of the day was a welcome treat. Yes, this restaurant is a bit pricing ($25 for the omelette), but it IS lobster....in California.Special Features:
- Do not hesitate...pkeenanVIPDined on 7/3/2014Each and every time we venture to Palm Springs we always, always grab a bite at Norma's and tour the grounds of the Parker. It's very unique and embodies all that is good about Palm Springs. Go to the hip and splurge. You will not regret it.Special Features:
- GoodHlapuzDined on 6/27/2014Second time coming to Norma's, this time around with my daughter and my husband and we all enjoyed our meals. Very kid friendly and was a nice outdoor dining experience. The food was yummy and service was great! Would recommend Normas while visiting the Parker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite huevos rancherosMickeyVIPDined on 6/24/2014we love brunch at Norma's; their egg dishes and their potato pancakes are superb and we always enjoy their smoothie of the day. Service is personal and very professional and, now, with Chef Herve, it can only get better! (if that's possible)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeneNeneDined on 6/5/2014Enjoyed the retro vibe of the Parker Great patio dining Restaurant menu was excellent ewe ally enjoyed the ahi pokeSpecial Features:
- DisappointmentArtGuyDined on 6/2/2014I adore the Parker and have been to Mr Parker's at previous restaurant weeks and enjoyed it. I expect the hefty prices but not mediocre food and terrible service. Despite being nearly empty at 7:30 pm I first got the wrong appetizer, so my friend was finished with her first course before I received mine.Then the waiter apologized for the long wait (45 mins to an hour?) for the main course (mushy fish) but mentioned knocking something off the tab, and I half seriously/half jokingly said "how about more wine?", which was ignored. As was his mention of a lower price. $50 for the lower priced restaurant week prix fixe and a glass of wine? Puh-lease
- The following 155 reviews are from the Norma's - Parker Palm Springs reviews archive.
- Breakfast LoveHappyDiner4Dined on 3/13/2014At our recent our breakfast we were very well looked after by our fabulous waiter Tito. He was very friendly and welcoming and also provided great menu choice suggestions . Our breakfast was delicious and Tito kept the strong coffee flowing. The setting was ideal on the outdoor patio on a warm sunny morning. The people watching was fascinating. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid Century RestaurantPalmoasisDined on 3/1/2014I'd heard so much about The Parker because I'm a modernism buff but the ambiance didn't cry out to me. The waiter and car guys were darling. Waiter even told us the history of the place and did a great job. He was so, so pleasant. Because of the rain there was no outdoor seating and I think I would have given The Parker a higher rating had we sat outside. It was just so loud we could hardly hear one another....really loud, so if you go, ask for an outside seat on the patio. My fish tacos were good, fish they broiled for me and it was wonderful, just a little skimpy. Also the gal who seated us really tried to put us in a quiet corner.Special Features:
- Great food and people watchingfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 2/16/2014Food is surprisingly good, service is very good and people watching is great.Special Features:
- Lovely setting, fine service,DinerVIPDined on 2/8/2014Lovely setting, fine service, mixed reviews on our lunches, with some in our group happier than others. Lobster mac and cheese very rich, spicy shrimp quesadilla delicious, tuna salad sandwich bland and too much mayo.Special Features:
- Great patio for morning coffeeBajaDined on 2/4/2014Great patio for morning coffee and indulgent sweet breakfast treats. Also, great place to walk after you eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past Its PrimeAnnePVIPDined on 12/30/2013below average food, lackluster service... has seen better days! My third (and last) time at Norma's. Waitress was over it. The one dish she liked (fish tacos) was terrible - tortillas had not even been warmed up from the bag! My husband asked what kind of whiskey's they had.... she didn't know. He asked if she could check at the bar, she said she would write down as many as she could. Results? "Wild Turkey, Jack Daniels and some other fancy ones." Had to flag someone to order another round of drinks After our appetizers, brought entrees without having bussed the starters (or first round of drinks). Custom milkshakes were terrible. One fell on floor and me, NO ONE ever came over to see if we were OK or if they could help.
- Back againScottyDined on 12/16/2013With the menu at Mr. Parker's remaining stagnant we've started coming to Norma's. Food is awesome and plentiful. Service is attentive and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu is more suited for1668ELDined on 10/12/2013The menu is more suited for lunch, brunch or lighter dining. Found the menu limited for dinner. .Special Features:
- Great Find for Breakfast or LunchsamdeeVIPDined on 10/12/2013The food and service at Norma's meet the price. The menu selection is very good with something for everyone. You can't go wrong with any of the entrees and they are large portions meant to be shared. The smoothie of the day is always a treat to start your meal and really sets the tone for the remainder of the dining experience. We had breakfast twice at Norma's while staying at the Parker and both times exceeded our expectations for breakfast. Make sure you dine here when in Palm Springs as you won't regret it. The blueberry pancakes are some of the best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i dream of Norma'sjavalipDined on 10/11/2013Once again, Norma's did not dissapoint. We had breakfast two days in a row. On day one, the Eggs Florentine was beyond delightful and tasted heavenly. The lobster eggs seems a little dry. Also, the coffee wasn't quite hot enough. Day two, the berry french toast was divine and the sweetness melted in and around the plethora of blueberries. My fruit ring was fresh, but the papaya was green. This time the coffee was perfectly HOT! Tracy our server made us feel like we belonged and raised the bar on service!Special Features:
- Home Away From HomeMangiaMadnessDined on 6/30/2013Everytime I'm in Palm Springs, I make it a point to go to Norma's - they NEVER disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time Was As Good!pshouse1Dined on 6/28/2013The second time at this restaurant was as good as the first, and the service was even better. Great location for any time of day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty TreatyshahDined on 6/22/2013This place has a great selection of Brunch meals. I had the peanut butter waffles ... outstanding. My wife had the juevos rancheros, and man did that look good. My kids had the fresh donut balls with jam to dip in.Special Features:
- Mac n cheese!EnjoyVIPDined on 6/8/2013Stopped by the resort for a wedding venue tour. No go on the venue, but great lunch. Fiance had Lobster macncheese and it was fantastic. Really really good. I had the Ahi cobb- very good also- strong on the wasabi dressing tho. They give you a shooter of the daily smoothie when you sit down, so it helped since the wait for lunch was a little on the longer side. Service was good with the exception of the greeter who looked confused. Server was fantastic. I would go again, but just for brunch/lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to experienceps2goodDined on 6/3/2013Went because of restraunt week, great experience food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food terrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2013Expensive hip delicious and mismanaged. But I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOutAlotVIPDined on 5/13/2013Norma's is a great hotel cafe. A little expensive for what it is but the food, service and space are good. I could do with a little more then four demitasse cups of coffee from a $12 french press pot, (the same will cost $19 if you order it through room service!) but otherwise it's quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BabsVIPDined on 5/13/2013Love the Jonathan Adler inspired outdoor courtyard - splendid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoyed my lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/15/2013I really enjoyed my lunch at Norma's, the decor of the patio is amazing. I wish they would have brought the wine at the same time as the food... it took them a while and a few additional requests to eventually bring it over. other than that. no complain. I had a great experienceSpecial Features:
- First visit to Norma's. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/14/2013First visit to Norma's. Had been given cookbook, so knew what to look forward to. Went with group. It was busy, but service was excellent. Loved the daily smoothie. Everyone in our group tried something different - from healthy to absolutely decadent. Everyone was happy with their meals. I tried the Wa-Za, not only beautiful presentation, but soo good and not too sweet. Other favorites - Norma's benedict and Rock lobster and asparagus omelette. Were also happy that could substitute potatoes for fruit. Looking forward to returning!!Special Features:
- One of the best brunches IOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2013One of the best brunches I have ever had. Would definitely recommend it and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Wonderful ambiance, food wasSSEPSDined on 3/15/2013Wonderful ambiance, food was quite good--just wish the menu wasn't so limited.Special Features:
- Probably the most expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2013Probably the most expensive tuna salad sandwich I've ever ordered but...it was excellent as was the lobster and mango salad ordered by my spouse. The outdoor seating allows for quiet conversation and a walk through the gardens (after your brunch/lunch) is an added plus.Special Features:
- We had a delightful breakfastHappyDiner4Dined on 2/17/2013We had a delightful breakfast on the patio on a beautiful California morning. The mood was fun and lively the service was attentive. The food was outstanding and truly creative. Fabulous non-stop coffee service and interesting people watching make it a must for entertaining visiting friends.Special Features:
- This is my second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2013This is my second time at Norma's and if your in Palm Springs you MUST go. First reason, the breakfast is the BOMB and second to just enjoy the totally fab Parker Hotel. I never get tired of going there. Just love the decor to death! Recommend reservations for breakfast on weekend just in case it gets busy .Special Features:
- Weak on all accountsAzpenguinDined on 2/16/2013I took my girlfriend there for a nice night out. I was expecting to spend $100 plus bucks on a nice meal with good service in a hip resturant nestled in an architecturally signifigant environment. We went for dinner at 7pm Sat night on modernism weekend. The place was dead. We were one of 2 or 3 tables. The waiter was very nice but pretty green for a place like this. The menu was disapointing and unexciting. I had a meal that I could of had a Chilis or Applebees for a third of the price and it would have tasted better too. The $12 drinks were unexciting and watered down. I expected to spend over $100 and I did. However, it met none of my other expectations. Spend your money elsewhere.Special Features:
- Excellent Patio BreakfastEmilyRiverNorthVIPDined on 1/19/2013Best breakfast on a beautiful patio. A must if you are staying at the Parker! They even give you a sample of their smoothie of the day to start, and the breakfast quesidilla is outstanding!Special Features:
- Always a good mea;surfngrandmaDined on 1/14/2013This is a destination place for a good meal with all the amenities one would expect at Norma's. It is especially nice to take the time to explore the grounds and relax by the fire on a cold morning! And yes, it can get very cold in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- It is expensive for brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/6/2013It is expensive for brunch. The food is good but I don't know if I would go back.Special Features:
- Normas as always providesSIGDinnerVIPDined on 12/23/2012Normas as always provides a whimsical getaway with excellent food and a friendly wait staff that made this celebratory moment even better. From the smoothie shots to the entrees everything was perfect. Our group had the potato pancakes which were perfect with great sauces, pancakes of several varieties and the breakfast quesadilla. We will happily return again and I highly recommend it for those interested in a great breakfast in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Was mediocre.WellTravelledVIPDined on 12/1/2012Brunch was good. But no good enough in comparison to the bill. $100 breakfast for two. That's a bit steep. Especially considering the bloody Mary's were horrible and we didn't even drink them. We loved the space and food but I don't think we would return its simply not worth the price.Special Features:
- Beautiful scene, underwhelming eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2012Food was ok. Had to send our hamburger which twice, which made for a slow and awkward meal. Restaurant is beautiful and ambiance is great, but food was disappointing. The gems of the meal were the potato pancake and the breakfast smoothie.Special Features:
- Underwhelming and ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2012Not worth the price. No one came to help us at the valet stand, and once we parked ourselves, we wandered around for 10 minutes trying to find the entrance to the restaurant. The overdone presentation just made the food harder to eat, and I'm never sure how anyone can justify charging 18 dollars for bacon and eggs. We were all also attacked by tiny birds on the patio the whole time. Bloody Mary only Meh. Go to Cheeky's instead for brunch.