Norma's at Le Parker Meridien
119 West 56th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Norma's at Le Parker Meridien
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkermeridien.com/
- Phone: 2127087460
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday 7:30am-3:00pm walk-ins are also welcome!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Emile Castillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Available after 4:00pm
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Manager 2127087435
A word from Norma's at Le Parker Meridien
Voted "Best Breakfast" on Citysearch.com! There is no need to be "A Morning Person" to enjoy what many call the "BEST" most "INTERESTING" Breakfast in Town, served until 3PM at this "ATTRACTIVE" Hotel. Midtowner, die-hard sleep-in say, "it should be open later."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Norma's at Le Parker Meridien - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Norma's at Le Parker Meridien reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (185)fit for foodies (94)special occasion (59)kid-friendly (47)great for lunch (40)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (26)good for groups (23)romantic (5)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- PriceyeatsweetsDined on 8/10/2014Not what I expected from even a hotel restaurant - small and closed off, around the back of the hotel lobby. The high ceilings keep you from feeling claustrophobic. Tables are pretty close together and there isn't background music so you can hear everyone else's conversations. Didn't seem to be dedicated servers so two or three different ones might ask you to take your order - I suppose this speeds things up. The food itself was very good but pretty expensive. There are a number of cafes and restaurants in the area of the Parker Meridien that I would go to first next time over Norma's. We had the belgian waffle with berries $26 and the nova smoked salmon ring $28 (which I think was the best value for the price of the two items we got).Special Features:
- Great breakfastMGA69Dined on 8/3/2014A great place to go for something out of the ordinary for breakfast. We had a great time and the orange juice and service were both great.Special Features:
- Best Breakfast / Brunch anywhere!breakfastkingVIPDined on 7/31/2014We love Norma's! Yes, their prices are extremely high but every bite is worth the price. Our favorites are the lemon ricotta pancakes (make sure to ask for them hot), creme brulee oatmeal, smoked salmon and the breakfast fritatta. On top of the amazing food is the wonderful french press coffee. The restaurant has a great vibe and design. The service is always terrific. The same servers are there year after year. Bob, Emil and Jan are a few of the staff that always take good care of us.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2014I had wanted to eat here for a while, but regret eating here. I could never understand why the prices were so high. Part of the reason is that the portions are ridiculously large. Almost all patrons I observed left a lot of their meals on their plates - a huge wast of food. My omelette was overcooked. It took a very long time to get our main entrees.
- One of the Best Breakfast/BrunchesNevskyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Absolutely some of the best breakfast/brunch food you can find anywhere. I bit pricey, but wow is it so good. Go for the dessert type entrees like the Chocolate Decadence French Toast. Unbelievable waffle, crêpe and french toast creations. Only complaint is that Norma’s Truly Continental Bakery Basket should have a few more items, especially the chocolate ones given the price. Even the Spicy Shrimp Quesadilla is tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding once again!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2014The Norma's I know and love is back!! I must admit that the last few times we brunched at Norma's it had been somewhat disappointing as to what we became accustomed to - still good, but not outstanding. Well move over "good", "outstanding" is back! The best brunch the city has to offer!! Don't miss the Light and Lemon-y pancakes with Devonshire cream - simply heavenly!!!Special Features:
- Well worth waiting for!JaneyMarieDined on 7/25/2014Huge range and variety - massive portions - efficient and polite service - delicious brunch - perfect for brunch. However, the only disappointment was the fact that it was my birthday and someone at Norma's forgot to arrange my birthday cake, which my husband has discussed at the beginning of the week. Despite this - which I didn't know about until later on in the day - I had a wonderful start to the day !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Second time to eat breakfast here--beautiful presentation...perfect for vacation splurge breakfast in NYC before MOMASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was just okcatecjDined on 7/23/2014I ordered the same thing I did last time I was there but the food wasn't so great and there was a baby crying the table next to usSpecial Features:
- BEST BRUNCHJamieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Portins huge great food............wish there were a few small dishes too!!Special Features:
- Best breakfastgus2sibVIPDined on 7/21/2014Menu items are incredibly creative, although portions are huge! Come very hungry, and ready to experience new flavors.Special Features:
- Creative unique dishesNYCfoodie2013VIPDined on 7/20/2014Creative unique brunch dishes with a combination of beautiful ambiance and great service. Perfect for foodies, just make a reservation in advance, tables fill very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freddyDined on 7/20/2014ultra large portions with prices to match. ambience does not merit the expense.Special Features:
- Consistently tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Norma's has a menu that makes it difficult to choose, and I am never disappointed. It is a quaint place, busy and a bit noisy. The food is always good!Special Features:
- Overpriced mob sceneGastronomeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Eggs Florentine came out cold and had to be sent back; for $22 yet. A pot of coffee for two was an outrageous $14. Waited 15 minutes for a waiter to arrive.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysYumyum727272728Dined on 7/19/2014I stayed at the hotel a few years ago and remembered the delicious brunch. So when I was in town this weekend, I came back and it was better than ever! The French toast& bacon= amazing. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast of Champions!MattEDined on 7/19/2014Great breakfast / brunch spot with huge portions and a diverse menu. Awesome juice and smoothie options. Would highly recommend for a great start to a day in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Norma's is the best breakfast I have had. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Best Breakfast EverFoodloverDined on 7/17/2014Norma's breakfast was like a party in your mouth. Layers of flavor and textures that came together so well. The French toast is made with brioche and we all know how great this bread is. The service and ambience matched the food. My next visit to New York will have Norma's at the top of the list.Special Features:
- Food is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/15/2014The food here is amazing. I have been several times and it never fails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treatHollyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Norma's has delicious food! The choices are unique and exceeded my expectations. Very large portions and did I mention delicious? The price tag for breakfast is pretty hefty though, so be prepared. Yum!Special Features:
- Best Brunch in NYC!SueMDined on 7/13/2014We love Norma's! The food is delicious and the service is always 5 star. Worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend RetreatwafflekingDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I are regular visitors to NYC to advantage all of the cultural riches offered. Sunday brunch has become a ritual on these trips and Norma's is our prime choice. Yes, we have succumbed to great reviews of others and of course there are superb competitors for this throne, but none from our experience that are beater located for the weekender that is drawn to mid-town/Times Sq. for a Broadway show. Not to be missed!Special Features:
- Best breakfast in NYC!MookieDined on 7/11/2014Always a great breakfast- so many delicious options to choose- consistently delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great for $$$$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Read lots abt it but totally disappointed , my neighborhood diner serves far btr tasting food. For the price sooo not worth at all
- Delicious and Great Serviceeathere2Dined on 7/6/2014Good service is difficult to find in New York City, so I have to commend the waiters who take their time to provide such service. Our waiter was a gem - efficient, friendly, and extremely helpful with the menu. The food was to die for. I love sweets, so I was in heaven. This is a great brunch spot and the portions are huge, so be prepared to share. My two friends and I got three plates and shared everything. We got the chicken quesadilla, chicken and cheese omlet, and the blueberry pancakes (they have nicer names but I don't recall the exact names right now). I've also had the crunchy french toast here as well (my personal favorite). All of the food was delicious and I will definitely be back to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Consistently Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2014Can't go wrong with Norma's - best breakfast in town! Always something different to try and it's always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch with so-so servicescrowdaVIPDined on 7/5/2014Amazing flavor combinations in brunch dishes. I tried the Arepa and my dining partner had the Huevos Rancheros. Both were great egg dishes with more than ample proportions. We also had a side of a blueberry pancake which was fresh and light/fluffy in texture. Service however, was noticeably missing. We sat 10-15 minutes before even being offered water (!) and by that time we had our entire order figured out. Kitchen speed was average, but execution was superb. Even checking out was like pulling teeth and good luck on refills for coffee or iced tea.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceGhanMDined on 7/5/2014My friend, who's visiting from Toronto, had the Nutella Packed Jacks and I had the Norma's Eggs Benedict. They were both absolutely fantastic. The pineapple and raspberries on the Nutella Packed Jacks went incredibly well with the Nutella and the portion sizes were great (definitely didn't skimp on the Nutella!). Our server was very helpful and friendly. The service was fast but we didn't feel like we were being rushed although we did leave quickly after we were done. Went on a Saturday around 11am and left within an hour. Definitely a good place to bring people visiting the city who want to pack in as much to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioso!!!!!MonterreymexicoDined on 7/5/2014The best breakfast EVER!!!!!! My kids love the pancakes!!! Nutella pancake rocks!!!!! Just DELICIOUS!!!!!!! I want to go back😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Fourth of JulyAtlantafanDined on 7/4/2014Norma's is on my must do list every time I visit the Big Apple. The menu is filled with tempting choices and I have never been disappointed. This trip was light lemon griddle cakes with a side of bacon large enough for me and my three guests. Don't miss the fresh squeezed orange juice. Ask for Bob to wait on you. You'll come back for many more memorable meals. Be sure to reserve ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014Great food and ambience..i would go back for breakfast !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding foodStevieDined on 7/4/2014wonderful for special occasion dining while in New York City.Special Features:
- Great food but VERY priceyErNYCDined on 7/4/2014My bill came to as much as my seafood dinner the night before $115!!! That is insane for breakfast. The food was great, especially the pancakes but I was just shocked how high the prices were! I have been there before and i swear prices went up. It takes a lot to shock a real New Yorker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VMVAtlantaVIPDined on 7/4/2014Norma's at Le Parker Meridien is a favorite dining spot for brunch. Consistently the food is interesting and delicious and the service friendly and helpful. The Eggs Benedict, Crunch French Toast, Nova Ring and Bagel and Lox are menu selections that will prove perfect.Special Features:
- Amazing breakfast in NYCTravEnthusiastDined on 7/3/2014The restaurant is the hotel Le Parker Meridian, so it's hard to find if you didn't know that. There are no discernible signs leading to the entrance, but its the only restaurant on the first floor. A reservation is recommended as this seem like a hotspot. The restaurant is clean & not cramped. Our waiter was quick and attentive and brought us samples of mango smoothies. We ordered the crunchy French toast and mango crepes. We both got large portions. The french toast was two, large slices of Texas toast with a crunchy topping--I could only finish one. The crepes had two large portions as well. The insides contained yummy mango and other fruits. This was a filling and delicious breakfast before our day in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! good !! vvvSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never failsLuliCinCinDined on 7/1/2014We came here for the first time 2 years ago and it was great then. We were looking forward to returning and it did not disappoint. Be aware of huge portions.Special Features:
- A brunch MUSTFrenchfryloverVIPDined on 6/29/2014It will take you time to choose your items as each dish sounds better than the next. We the egg, bacon and cheese quesadilla and the banana hazelnut flapjacks. Those were two of the less imaginative dishes. You can find lobster, foie gras and caviar on your eggs! The food was served piping hot and both dishes were delicious. Our special treat for the morning was sitting at the table next to the owner of the hotel/restaurant, Mrs. Parker. She and some lady friends were enjoying some fresh baked cookies. We asked if they were on the menu and our kind waiter said no, they are for just one customer at brunch. We struck up a conversation with Parker and she shared the fantastic cookies with us. An unforgettable and delicious NYC moment and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mila14Dined on 6/29/2014Pros: - complementary smoothie shot (yum!) - generous portion size - accommodated a reservation switch - my food order was delayed and overcompensated by offering a full-size smoothie and fruit plate while I waited - french-pressed coffee Cons: - ambiance/decor could be spruced up; it didn't give the food justice/ didn't match the hotel decor. The Eggs Benny was like air- so light and fluffy. I didn't realize how much I actually ate until it was time to get up!Special Features: