Norfolk Seafood Company
111 Tazwell St
Norfolk, VA 23510Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Norfolk Seafood Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.norfolkseafoodco.com/
- Phone: 7572276222
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Spurlock
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Olivia Gray 7572276222
A word from Norfolk Seafood Company
Norfolk Seafood Company is a place where seafood lovers can find a traditional plate of flounder, scallops or crab but without the fancy ingredients and inflated prices. The restaurant is centrally located in downtown Norfolk. The mission of the Norfolk Seafood Company is to bring tasty seafood to locals and tourists, minus the trip to the Oceanfront. The menu features everything a good seafood restaurant should offer, plus all the sides. A cold beer, wine or a specialty drink from the bar rounds off any meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Norfolk Seafood Company reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Why this isn't busy is beyond meReadyfornewtastesDined on 8/12/2014We were surprised to find this dining spot deserted at 7:45 on a Tuesday , which made us concerned. However we need not have worried. Lovely seafaring motif, service was genuine and accommodating, the Estoufee filled with shrimp and a little too mild and too salty sauce, fillet ordered well done was NOT dry and somehow still tender, linguini with seafood lovely, the crab stuffed shrimp were a little past their peak but generous with lump crab. Thunder storms prompted offer by owner to shuttle us to our car and as well he adjusted for the over salty with complementary dessert. Worth a visit.Special Features:
- Great First ImpressionraleighfoodieDined on 7/25/2014My boyfriend had just moved to the area when I came to visit. We browsed OpenTable and found this place to try since neither one knew of good places to go. It was an excellent choice from the free valet parking to the recommendations by the staff. We enjoyed the fact that we didn't feel rushed in any sense and could really enjoy the food and the experience. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable of the menu which was helpful in making a decision. I definitely recommend their Oyster Rockefeller as an appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014I took my wife there for her birthday last week and she really enjoyed it. We loved the food and our waitress was great. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Norfolk Seafood Company reviews archive.
- Better fresh seafood in this areaatfushigiVIPDined on 5/14/2014We tried some fresh seafood restaurants in Norfolk down town. This is one of a better choice for fresh seafood. We enjoyed Oysters, crab cakes and simple "Fruit of the Sea" sauteed with white wine butter sauce with reasonable wine. Interior was not so bad, waiter was friendly, prices were reasonable. Disappointed were half area was a little bit too casual arrangement where foodies do not want to seat. Old server made mistake twice.Special Features:
- Do not goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014Service was mediocre - slow and inattentive and the restaurant was not busy. Food was awful for a place that calls itself a seafood company. Oysters were steamed incorrectly and were sent back. Fried oyster platter was pathetic. All other food was a disappointment. I will never go back and would never recommend this pace.
- FOR THE YOUNG CROWDBelladeeDined on 4/22/2014The top area of the restaurant was completely reserved for a party so we were seated in the basement area where the bar was located. It was very noisy and unsuitable for a fine dining experience. I would suggest that when you make reservations it be for the top area or not at all.Special Features:
- PerfectNOVagirlVIPDined on 4/4/2014My friends and I dined here over the weekend and we absolutely loved it! Great food, drinks and beautiful decor. We couldn't stay for the live music, but we will definitely plan to do that on another occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in NorfolkJPJRDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I visited before a VSO Pops concert and it was our first visit and we were both presently surprised with the moderate prices and great food. The staff was short handed the night we visited, therefore the waiter we had was unfamiliar with the menu but other than that the experience was well worth it, we will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodieDined on 3/4/2014First visit. Had high hopes...service was poor..food was mediocre. Do not recommend.
- excellencemdminggiaDined on 2/15/2014The service was great especially the complimentary valet parking. Our wait or was fantastic and very knowledgeable. The food was served in a timely manner and tasted superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Positive ExperiencefeathersforeverDined on 2/15/2014We dine at Norfolk Seafood Company about twice a year and have never been disappointed. The food is always fresh and tasty, the service is always very good and while it is in a downtown area, you forget all about that once inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Norfolk Seafood Company - Bad CatchSouthernFoodieVIPDined on 2/14/2014The Crab Dip appetizer had a very fishy taste and the texture unappealing. The Jumbo Shrimp Pasta Primavera was awful! The shrimp were small to medium - clearly not Jumbo, and were overcooked and tough, as were the vegetables. The pasta had been added to the dish too long before serving rendering the dish unappetizing. The Crab Cakes took on the same flavor as the Crib Dip and frankly, the crab did not taste fresh at all. When asked by the waitress what we thought of the meal, we let her know the Pasta dish was a poor choice and hopefully she would not recommend it to others. The Manager came to the table and after discussion, removed the Pasta dish from the bill and apologized it was not as advertised.
- Exquisite Cajun & Southern CuisineEatsmegritsDined on 2/8/2014The staff was incredibly polite, accomodating, and respectful. The food was incredible. Great, diverse selection of beer & wine. The lower dining area in the bar had a more casual atmosphere than the upper restaurant area, it seemed. A place you can feel comfortable sitting, eating, drinking, and talking for hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but could be better.ShawnDined on 1/25/2014My oyster appetizer was very good and my jambalaya was delicious. My lemon tart dessert was nothing to write home about. It's too bad because dessert when I go out is an important part of my meal. The most disappointing part was Carrie our waitress. She was chipper and courteous. Her service was slow. She would promise to come back to the table and then wouldn't. She forgot drink orders and our cold appetizers did not all come out at the same time and she blamed the kitchen. Carrie also had a long a beautiful head of hair. Pull the mane back since as she leans forward to serve her long, beautiful hair falls in with her and you can guess where this is leading. I would still give the NSC another shot since it has potential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server better than the managerBMWSmithDined on 1/24/2014The little neck clams appetizer looked as if there was nothing in the shells. I looked at a few other clams and they were all the same, little or no clam in the shell. I told our server and he offer to tell the manager. The manager said there was nothing she could do because it was NATURE & she would remove if from the bill. I was very surprised that would be her answer, NATURE?? Upon ordering our meals, they were out of lots of the vegetable side orders, very disappointing. The soup were room temperature.The salad dressing was tasty but the salads were wilted. The shrimps were small with a 1/2 teaspoon of crab meat with lots of fillers. The blackened salmon arrived blackened but mushy&rare on the inside. Very disappointing experience.
- First time here. Our partyDianaVIPDined on 1/24/2014First time here. Our party enjoyed the caesar salad, cream of crab soup, salmon with cheese grits, fried oysters, bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite placefoodiefunDined on 12/27/2013I've been to quite a few of the gourmet gems Norfolk and Virginia Beach have to offer, and I have to say this might be my new favorite, right up there with Trilogy and 219 Grill. The Blackened Tuna Bites appetizer was so good the second time I went I had it for my entree. The beignets for dessert are rare and unbelievable, like clouds. The various seafood crocks (special dishes) were to die for. I'm telling you, this place is an absolute gem. You have to go. Attentive, cheerful service both times, tons of ambience, and great drinks. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater DiningluvCfoodDined on 12/14/2013A very nice dining experience in the heart of downtown Norfolk. The food was superb, the service was excellent, and the atmosphere was perfect. I will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.