106 Point Grove Rd
Southwick, MA 01077Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.norasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4135699585x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tony Pitts
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you're hosting a birthday, anniversary, wedding or a business lunch, Nora's can accommodate your group. Let us make your special occasion one to remember!
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Nolasco 8609302253x
A word from Nora's Restaurant
cozy and warm location serving the freshest local ingredients accompanied by a great wine listContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Nora's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Southwick ›
Nora's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (9)scenic view (7)fit for foodies (7)romantic (4)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- chloenoelSueBillIIDined on 10/15/2014Second visit, first visit was the best. Had prefix was hoping it had changed a little since the first visit. Main course was cold on both our dinners. My porkchop was over cooked . Went on a weeknight was very noisy and two small children at next table. Wait staff very good cocktails were excellent. Will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice findmoosalishousDined on 9/20/2014I've passed this place many times but never stopped in. Made a reservation and found the food to be better than anticipated. A few more menu items might be good though. Overall a good experience. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delicious dinnercomidaguyDined on 9/17/2014If you live in the Southwick-Westfield area, you just do not have to travel very far to enjoy the quality of food that you would expect from some of the better restaurants in Boston. I have had Nora's Osso Buco several times. This main course/entree, looking like a yummy dessert, tasted even better than it looked. My girlfriend enjoyed very much her delightful sole dinner. As appetizers, the fresh-baked bread and salads set the standard that the entrees meet and exceed. Service was also excellent; our waitress was knowledgeable, engaging and efficient. Jen, Nora's ever-present and attentive owner, chefs, and wait staff consistently deliver a most enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisednewminionDined on 9/6/2014We would go back for sure our waitress was great so nice. The food was great and we had an app and dessert too everthing was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food greatBlahblahDined on 9/5/2014The service was very slow- they seemed way understaffed for a Friday night! Also the floors are uneven so the chairs wobble, which is annoying. The food however was VERY good!!! They have some not common items, which give a nice variety!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2014I've been here many times and the food, no matter what it is is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Entrees were overcooked and not very tasty. Won't return.
- foodluverDined on 7/26/2014We had a very good experience at Nora's. The food was tasty and portions were generous. Our waitress was charming, efficient and helpful in every way. Outdoors, the view of Lake Congamond was lovely and added to the ambiance. Wish there was a way to minimize the noise from the marina and boat launch across the street though. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- ItalianFoodLoverDined on 7/14/2014Food was delicious. Portions were just right. We were seated in a quiet corner of the restaurant so it was very easy to enjoy the company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great choice !RobertDined on 6/30/2014This is a hidden gem for those ourside the area. For people who live on the lake or neqar the lake it's one of the best places to enjoy fine dining. Great food, excellant service with fare pricing. What a wonderful combination. You cant miss at Nora's.Special Features:
- Not a great experience2DisappointedDined on 6/28/2014We went expecting a fine dining experience, after all that is what they claim to be. Although the service was good, the food was horrible. My food was burnt and the rice was obviously from a box, and the vegetables in the rice were frozen carrot and pea mix you can get in the grocery store. Our table way extremely wobbly as well at our chairs. Our view out the window was of overgrown weeds.
- The following 129 reviews are from the Nora's Restaurant reviews archive.
- oceanviewoceanviewVIPDined on 6/24/2014I thought the location was great -- outdoor dining and service was outstanding. My two associates loved their meals and the appetizer we shared was over the top. Personally, I had fish and chips and I must say it was the WORST batter on my fish that I ever experienced. Someone needs to revisit this recipe.Special Features:
- Very good foodRichLDined on 6/20/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. The décor could use an upgrade but it was clean and comfortable. The bar is close so you get the noise from it occasionally, but like I said the food was very good. My steak was cooked perfectly and my wife fish was light and tasty. We will add this place to our rotation of places to eat. We had the lobster stuffed oysters for an appetizer and they are unbelievable good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCoachRIckDined on 6/13/2014Love Noras. Quiet, great service and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return Visit worth the trip!TeddyVIPDined on 6/4/2014This was our 2nd visit here and we were not disappointed. The food was very good and the portions quite large. The Haddock Florentine was done perfectly. We started with a Harvest Salad that was fresh, crunchy and dressed just right. No room for dessert but the options were appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014I had the French pork chop very thick, but cooked very nice. the mashed potatoes were very dry, the broccoli was very tasty. had the mushroom caps for my appetizer they cam just prior to my meal. I think between the waitress and the cook someone forgot about my mushrooms. my wife had the chicken it was stuffed, cooked very nice also, her potatoes were just like mine, she had broccoli also. overall a very nice sunday supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty but priceydinnerfor2Dined on 6/1/2014The outdoor seating was nice and it was a decent view of the lake although the racing vehicles and traffic was distracting. The staff was excellent although admittedly overwhelmed by the crowd. The food was above average but certainly not equivalent to the pricing. Overall it was a nice evening to dine outside so we had a pleasant dinner but I don't think I would go again unless it were for an appetizer and drink on the terrace, definitely not a full dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and food just okunderwhelmedDined on 5/30/2014Food is ok, but we expected better for the relatively high prices on the menu. Although online reservation I made indicated 33 yr anniversary occasion, no mention made by wait staff. Overall...underwhelmed for the cost.Special Features:
- GoodJulsofthenileDined on 5/25/2014First, I will start off with things I didn't like for this particular trip. It was smoky – like from cooking a steak kind of smokey... In the dining room. Secondly, there were fruit flies and one regular fly flying around the dining room which was annoying. This means I had to watch my glass of wine. We ordered our usual appetizer of the Gorgonzola bread which was delicious. Wine pours are very conservative at best. I had the Norahs chicken – it was good; I would've thought it had been more flavorful. I enjoyed the sauce but there wasn't enough of it. I did like the outer crust which was crunchy. My hubby had the Bella blue sirloin Steak. It was good and flavorful. Usually service is slow. This time-no-which was surprising. We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent we will go backMoeDDined on 5/24/2014Our food was exceptional. This was our first time there and will definitely will go back Our only gripe was our small table for two was next to a large group a which made our table feel even smallerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodyakmanDined on 5/22/2014The food was great, ambiance is good but the rather loud conversations coming from the Kitchen area was distracting. We will have been here quite a few times and the food has always been excellent.Special Features:
- spaceman69Dined on 5/18/2014Been to Nora's a few times and the food has always been great.Special Features:
- GemCoachRIckDined on 5/17/2014Very good food and atmosphere, Nora's is always a great spot to get dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeNancyDined on 5/9/2014We loved Nora's. Quiet, intimate atmosphere, good service, very good food. Definitely deserves a return.Special Features:
- Great foodDickensMomDined on 5/7/2014We used a Groupon for a first visit here. The manager (owner?) stopped by our table at the beginning of our meal to welcome us for our first visit there (as indicated by our Open Table reservation). Our waitress recommended the bruschetta for appetizer and it was very good. My husband had the veal saltimbocca and loved it - the veal was very tender. I had the maple glazed salmon and found it to be very tasty. The accompanying rice was a disappointment - it looked lovely, but lacked the right combination of flavors. We did not have dessert. The manager came by at the end of our meal to ask how our first meal there was. We would definitely go back, but it would have been a bit pricey without the Groupon.Special Features:
- So glad we listened to our friendsnan2055Dined on 5/7/2014We were told by our friends that Nora's was a great restaurant but hadn't been able to go until now. It was everything they said it would be. The food was delicious and the presentation the best. We will definitely return to Nora's.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableFoodie2Dined on 5/3/2014We chose Nora's for a birthday, and found it friendly, having a good menu and a good wine list. The menu had just changed from what was on the website, so the veal dish I had anticipated was swapped out for a saltier veal saltimbuca. It was a little too salty with capers, prosciutto and chef's added salt, but the accompanying risotto cake and zucchini were very good. The pork osso buco was very tasty in its rich sauce. We really loved the stuffed mushrooms!! The server was very busy and took good care of us, but wasn't solicitous. It was definitely on the noisy side at 7:00pm on a Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening outLabdoodlvrDined on 4/25/2014My husband and I loved this restaurant. The food and service was fantastic. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Great steakGot2lovebrunchDined on 4/16/2014On the recommendation of the waitress, we ordered the sirloin. The steak was delicious, juicy and tender. I should have ordered the blue cheese topping on the side as it was a bit too much and detracted from the flavor of the meat. I did remove some and that worked out ok. The bar noise was a little loud. As the dining room got busier, it wasn't as noticeable. It's a bit pricy when you add a salad, but having a groupon made it more affordable. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for great foodtopspotDined on 4/15/2014We have eaten at Nora's a number of times and have never been disappointed. The food is creatively displayed, well prepared and absolutely delicious. Nora's continues to be our favorite spot for those occasions when we want above average food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceKeldeiDined on 4/5/2014Our 4th visit and very pleased with consistent yummy food and service. You must try harvest salad and Gorgonzola bread.Special Features:
- Food is great...alwaysinvitingVIPDined on 4/3/2014Nora's has amazingly consistent food with a flair!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noras is a great restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2014Noras is a great restaurant. The food, service and ambience is exceptional. Love it there.Special Features:
- Date NightWhiteDined on 3/30/2014We have now found our new Romantic Date Night hot spot.Special Features:
- Be patientTeacher314VIPDined on 3/29/2014There was a large party upstairs the night we went, so there was a delay between our appetizer, salad, and entree. Otherwise, the food was good, just kind of slow service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nora's the way to goAirborneDined on 3/21/2014My Daughter and Son In Law have been previously to Nora's, and highly recommended that my wife and I should attend the restaurant. The four of us had a very enjoyable evening. The service and food along with the wine was outstanding. Will positively be dining there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ExperienceKaelapossibleDined on 3/8/2014We had lamb chops and short ribs both incredibly flavorful. It was my 21st (we told the waitress) though she brushed it off as nothing. Though I'm not eager for attention, it seemed rude. The ambience is great, and a very respectable crowd of people. Very romantic. (It was also our 1 year anniversary)Special Features:
- Go to for great foodGardenlady81Dined on 3/1/2014I first went to this restaurant when my brother and sister in law invited us to go with them to dinner about a year ago. Great food and atmosphere. If this is your first date, perfect place to go to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014Is always great and always served hot and shortly after ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Basil Gorgonzola BreadsherwinmochaDined on 2/23/2014The Basil Gorgonzola Bread appetizer was fantastic! Worth the trip just for that. Unfortunately, the entrees were not as satisfying. The shrimp and fusilli was in a very thick, pasty, nearly tasteless cream sauce. The Blackened Rib Eye was a good size portion and prepared to order (medium rare) but we expected blackened seasonings, not just a charred outside. We should have asked and not assumed, I suppose.