NoPa Kitchen + Bar
800 F St. NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
NoPa Kitchen + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nopadc.com/
- Phone: 2023474667x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Wednesday 11:30am-10:30pm
Thursday- Friday 11:30am-11:00pm
Sunday 11am- 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Greg McCarty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Special Events: Join us for Happy Hour Monday- Friday from 4:30pm-6:30pm. All drinks are 20% off!
A word from NoPa Kitchen + Bar
nopa Kitchen + Bar, a new 160 seat American brasserie in the heart of the Penn Quarter. This is the award-winning restaurateur's eighth restaurant in the nation's capitol and it serves American fare with French and Asian influences. The restaurant offers lively dining in the main dining room, and also offers quieter dining options and several private dining rooms. The name represents nopa's location just north of Pennsylvania Avenue and it welcomes guests for lunch and dinner, and Sunday brunch. Our newly launched brunch is served from 11am-3pm on Sunday, order a la carte or partake in our Champagne Brunch- any two courses with infinite mimosas for $30!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NoPa Kitchen + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (130)special occasion (80)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (59)great for lunch (56)good for groups (48)vibrant bar scene (45)notable wine list (36)great for brunch (35)hot spot (25)scenic view (25)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food, awesome service!MimiVIPDined on 8/30/2014We went after seeing an exhibit across the street at American Portrait Museum. The food was delicious and ou waiter, Gokul, was awesome. He took note of everything and was on top of every request we had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!CAngelesVIPDined on 8/29/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at NoPa. The food was very good though the price tag was hefty because of the pricey wines. The sommelier was very accommodating and approachable but I wish the wine list had more moderately priced wines. Everyone in our group enjoyed the food especially the Brussel sprouts, the octopus, the hake, and the lamb burger. I did not care much for the bun but the lamb burger was delicious! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmptynesterVIPDined on 8/26/2014Service was excellent, wine was excellent, food was average and not worth the price.
- Nopa was greatGrubGabDined on 8/24/2014Our server, Ryan, was knowledgeable and attentive. It was our anniversary and the staff provided champagne and a specially printed menu for the occasion. The food was tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceCriticalFoodieDined on 8/22/2014The beet salad in combination with Wasabi resulted in surprisingly delicious flavors. The trout was perfectly cooked (not dried out) with a nice flavor from the basil pesto sauce. The chef was very accommodating of my special dietary needs. Our server was fantastic! Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014I'm usually skeptical of the food during restaurant week esp. for a $35 dinner prix fixe in the Penn Quarter area, but NoPa delivered. The porkchop was tender and tasty, as was the beet salad. I had the profiteroles for dessert. It was good, but they also gave us complimentary dessert which was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014I ordered seabass with eggplant and sweet potatoes. I expected the sweet potatoes to be sweet, but everything was sweet, including the eggplant. The fish was a bit dry. I used to like this place. It needs improvement.
- Nice early dinnerTanker135Dined on 8/17/2014My wife and I arrived for an early dinner, and chose to sit in the bar area where the natural lighting was better. The menu was set up for "Restaurant Week" so we are not sure if the relatively small menu we received was the normal menu. The bartender was seated 5 tables in about 10 minutes time, and she seemed to be a bit overwhelmed by this and was almost "short" with her approach to waiting on us. We ordered the "full meal" option, and were then told that we had to decide on a dessert prior to our meal because the kitchen "wanted it that way." After the "rush," the bartender was very nice and attentive. The brussel sprouts side and salmon entree were very good--nice color, acidic balance, and cooked to perfection! We'll be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/16/2014NoPA has a small but superb menu. The restaurant is beautifully designed. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and well-trained. Most important, the food is exceptional, focusing on fresh seasonal ingredients and interesting combinations. We were three first-time diners and will all return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLarryDined on 8/15/2014Just did restaurant week there and found the choices, food and service as great as my previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good LunchAndyDined on 8/15/2014We all enjoyed our restaurant week lunch. We all got the trout which was well prepared. The succotash appetizer was my favorite item. Service was very good. The restaurant is noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyNamelessVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was not worth the price we paid. The Cheesecake Factory would have been better
- Fresh would be niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Trout maybe frozen for a whie. Hisbiacus cocktail tastes like potpourri an liquor. Wait staff is eager but unprofessional. Sorry.
- Good Restaurant Week LunchGinaEatsDined on 8/14/2014Good lunch menu choices for DC Restaurant Week. The succotash was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Our waitress was great and extremly tentive. The food was good, there could be better first course dishes though. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandraKDined on 8/13/2014We went for lunch during restaurant week. The food was delicious, the service excellent, and ambience lovely. I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BURGER LOVE!DebbiedoesdctooVIPDined on 8/13/2014Dang that was a great hamburger! Really outstanding. Yummy. Will definitely come back again and again.Special Features:
- TastydcdowntownbusinessluncherDined on 8/13/2014We were there for Restaurant Week - good time to taste the food (Which was yummy) but not the ideal time to get the true feel for the ambiance or service. We will definitely be back in the fall to check it out again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deal!aliasykoDined on 8/13/2014Good lunch restaurant deal!! Very good food, totally worth it. only thing was service was slow... we were there too long.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty meal, great ambianceGoodfoodhappyheartDined on 8/12/2014The first two courses were delicious, although the dessert was slightly disappointing. Friendly, quick service and great ambiance though. I would go back and would recommend to others!Special Features:
- Great ExpectationsJenn25Dined on 8/12/2014Tuesday, my coworkers and I dined here for restaurant week. The food was great. We had the burger and wheat berry. Both of my coworkers enjoyed their meals. The complimentary bread was so good, that we ordered a second basket. Later that night on the train ride home, I was still reminiscing about lunch. I can't wait to revisit NoPa. In essence, the food and service was great.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicejj13Dined on 8/12/2014My friend and I had lunch here over restaurant week and thought it was fabulous. The food was delicious and perfectly prepared and the wait staff was very friendly. Overall a very good experience and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Phenomenal ServiceearsiemDined on 8/11/2014Food was fantastic. Contemporary versions of classic food, not too modern, not tired. My steak was delicious and cooked perfectly, the carrot puree was amazing. My date’s chop was also perfect and mostarda delicious. The gnocchi had a surprising kick and is a must try. Dessert was great; the creaminess of the Pistachio pot-au-crème was perfect, although coloring really not needed. The food was topped by the service. Wish I could remember our waiter’s name; he was funny/friendly without trying too hard. A slight faux pas was my gnocchi coming before my date’s app and the time from apps to entrees. I was there on the first night of restaurant week so I can overlook some timing missteps. Overall a place I would happily return.
- outstanding!INGLDined on 8/11/2014The food and the service were outstanding. Looking forward to visiting soon.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant week lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014Had a very good work lunch during restaurant week. Great options and portion sizes = great value. Service was quick and attentive. Most importantly the food was very good. We had salads and gazpacho for starters, which everyone liked. Three of us chose the salmon main course, and it was delicious and a generous portion. We each had a different dessert, which were all good (and quite big). Will definitely keep NOPA on my work lunch rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarleyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Slow, inattentive service spoiled any chances of a positive review.
- Delicious Tomato menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014I came to NoPa on a birthday gift, for a tasting menu for 2. I really would've enjoyed the whole thing a little more, had I not been so full from my lunch. Make sure you are hungry when you go to NoPa! I really enjoyed the ambiance, the seating was perfect, and people were flowing in. The location is great if you want to visit many DC historic/touristy spots. My only negative thing doesn't really have to do with the restaurant itself. The waiter... although he was perfect (other than not knowing was some of the items/ingredients were), the cigarette odor on him was so strong that it made me lose my appetite even more. His habit also probably prevented him from being able to tell that the goat milk ice cream indeed tastes like goat milk.Special Features:
- Great experienceDJSWashDCDined on 8/8/2014The service and the food were outstanding. Not only was the server attentive, he made some excellent menu suggestions, kept our drinks filled and was not at all impatient when we extended our lunch over nearly 2 hours.Special Features:
- tcptgsDined on 8/7/2014Excellent food and service. This is also a pleasant spot, with tables looking out large windows across the street to the National Portrait Gallery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a smokin deal!Food123VIPDined on 8/3/2014I went with my family for Sunday brunch. They offered bottomless sparkling wine or mimosa plus an appetizer and entree for $30. I had the caeser salad and the Amish chicken. The caeser was slightly over dressed and had a little too much horseradish but the chicken was super delish! All 6 us really had a great time and really enjoyed the food. I'd say definitely give it a go!Special Features:
- LindseyDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our dinnera t Nopa very much! We visited with the Livingsocial Tomatoe menu coupon, and were pleasantly surprised. The creativity of the chef was obvious, as tomatoes were well incorporated into every course of the meal, including dessert, in a tasteful way. We will be returning to check out the larger menu option!Special Features:
- PhenomenalBirthdayBashDined on 8/2/2014Our kids purchased dinner for us as an Anniversary gift at NoPa. What an enjoyable evening. The service and food were exceptional. Each dish having its own unique flavors prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bang on the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014These guys were the best. I'd been to Nopa once before, invited by a friend, when I was new to the city. I was wracking my brains for somewhere nice to take my mom for her birthday (a cool young mom, FYI) and was delighted to find I actually remembered the name of this place. I remembered it as being nice (mainly in terms of the food) but I was doubly impressed upon returning. The food was superb though I think the best thing about our evening was Cole, our waiter. He had the loveliest manner: so knowledgable, helpful, elegant, and genuinely friendly. Also great maitre d', Nadeem. They went to great trouble when I mentioned it was Mom's birthday (offering us an exquisite dessert on the house). Food overall very high standardSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!CraigVIPDined on 7/27/2014Had dinner in the bar area, couldn't have been better. Maria recommended the Hake which was very, very good. Had brussel sprouts as a side, very good also, and quite a lot of them. The twice baked chicken could easily be an entree on its own. Kudos also to the host who was gracious as always.Special Features:
- Lovely brunchaemirfaDined on 7/27/2014I ended up ordering dessert for brunch and was not disappointed. The Wonut was super sweet, but delicious. The other members of my party also had very good brunch dishes. There was a table in the room we were sitting that was very loud, rude.. which took away from our meal, but not really something the restaurant could control. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Loved it!!!DineNwineGal87Dined on 7/26/2014My friends absolutely loved it and definitely had great customer service from the waiter. The food was outstanding and the wine was delicious . Def recommend for groups and people aren't wrong when it comes to the 'best dessert in DC' !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Fromm top to bottom terrific, cant wait to return. The food exceeded my expectations,I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularoldiebutgoodieDined on 7/25/2014Nopa continues to improve like a fine wine. The food, is always very good but tonight it was wonderful, the melon salad was bright and fresh without being too sweet and the salmon was warm and cozy. Our server Noel was friendly and fun. Nopa was just what the doctor ordered, relaxing a fun but still hit on all the points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettermartyrDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful visit in May and wanted to see if our memory served us right and it did and more. We dined next to a very colorful gentleman who ran the staff and managers too death, and they seemed to enjoy it. Cole was gracious and attentive without being overbearing. I had the Hake for Dinner and my wife had the pork chop and both were just wonderful flavorful but still appropriate for summer. The cherry pies were as always out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater diningFormerFedVIPDined on 7/24/2014The film of "The Curious Incident..." was going to last 160 minutes, so we dined before going to Harman Hall instead of after as we usually do. We each got a couple starters. My Barley-Quinoa salad and Country Pate and her Beet Salad and Gnocchi were delicious. She got a cheese plate and order of Madelines to go for dessert. The Barstow to Vegas and Hibiscus Pisco Sour cocktails were very tasty. Service was attentive and friendly. We will return to NoPA.I would recommend this to a friend.