NoPa Kitchen + Bar
800 F St. NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
NoPa Kitchen + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nopadc.com/
- Phone: (202) 347-4667
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Wednesday 11:30am-10:30pm
Thursday- Friday 11:30am-11:00pm
Sunday 11am- 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Greg McCarty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Join us for Happy Hour Monday- Friday from 4:30pm-6:30pm. All drinks are 20% off!
A word from NoPa Kitchen + Bar
nopa Kitchen + Bar, a new 160 seat American brasserie in the heart of the Penn Quarter. This is the award-winning restaurateur's eighth restaurant in the nation's capitol and it serves American fare with French and Asian influences. The restaurant offers lively dining in the main dining room, and also offers quieter dining options and several private dining rooms. The name represents nopa's location just north of Pennsylvania Avenue and it welcomes guests for lunch and dinner, and Sunday brunch. Our newly launched brunch is served from 11am-3pm on Sunday, order a la carte or partake in our Champagne Brunch- any two courses with infinite mimosas for $30!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NoPa Kitchen + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (123)special occasion (74)good for groups (64)neighborhood gem (57)romantic (55)great for lunch (46)vibrant bar scene (43)notable wine list (36)hot spot (33)great for brunch (33)scenic view (13)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- WashDCdinerDined on 11/24/2014Went for lunch early; it was quiet enough that it was easy to converse, which was important to us. Food was fine, nothing special, but I would go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014I took 10 of my girl friends here for brunch last weekend and we had a great experience. The food is delicious and the portions are quite generous. Our server, Cole, was top notch and very attentive. I will be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food in ChinatownOmarVIPDined on 11/22/2014Food was good, dessert was excellent. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/21/2014Nice ambience, great location, good food. Went with the family before the Wizards game and it was perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveninghappydinerVIPDined on 11/20/2014After several lunches at Nopa, this was my first dinner. The food is very good, some of it creative, and the service was impeccable. The stately rooms, big windows, view of the museum, and décor create an elegant environment (which I would've rated higher except for the noise level, which just barely permitted the three of us to hear each other). Altogether we had a lovely evening. I'd recommend Nopa and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisekenlevVIPDined on 11/18/2014I was pleasantly surprised with NOPA. I had no idea what a good restaurant this is.The food was very good with a well rounded menu. The service was very attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service & Great FoodMB52Dined on 11/17/2014The restaurant combines an imaginative menu with fabulous service. Our waitperson was energetic, entertaining, gracious & respectful. Our choices made it one of the more expensive meals I've had, but one could eat here and keep to a reasonable budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was wonderfulnyfoodieDined on 11/16/2014Our server was stellar. We enjoyed most of our meal -brussel sprouts, beet salad and fries were good. My husband got the snapper and thought his choice was okay but could have been better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceSunniOneDined on 11/15/2014Great spot if you like the buzz of the city. Service was excellence. Nice menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great serviceFoodDivaDined on 11/15/2014From the moment we walked in the restaurant we felt very welcome. Our server was very professional, polite and attentive. Our food was not only served quickly but it was delicious! This is definitely a great restaurant for date night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceJinDCDined on 11/10/2014Visited pre-show at the Verizon Center. What's not to like? Excellent Sea Bass. Good cocktails. Fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceDGR804Dined on 11/9/2014I've been to many bottomless brunches around the city and this was by far my favorite. The staff was very accommodating and the service was top notch. The food was excellent and I think the brunch was a good deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SparkyDined on 11/8/2014The food was good, but the service was not. We waited 30 minutes for drinks and for someone to take our dinner order. It was loud, but not overwhelming. We had a great table which overlooked the museum.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Sea BassactorvalDined on 11/7/2014Incredible. I went here for my 30th birthday and had included a note in my OpenTable reservation. The restaurant included a note in the menu scroll saying "Happy 30th Valerie!" The Sea Bass was perfect - full of flavor and melt in your mouth good. Excellent service and exactly what I was looking for - this was the perfect way to celebrate.Special Features:
- ExcellentSH100VIPDined on 11/5/2014All 5 of us had the sea bass. It was amazing! The crispy Brussels sprouts are great too!Special Features:
- Great PlaceEs1084VIPDined on 11/1/2014NoPa is a great place for a drinks and dinner. There's an impressive wine list and bourbon choice. The cocktails are great. The food is delicious, and the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Wonderful pre-show dinnerfxbgdinerDined on 10/31/2014Great place for a very nice dinner before seeing a show at the Verizon Center. Timely service - but not rushed, excellent food and bar, entertaining service. The fried brussel sprouts and fried pies are must-tries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choices and Friewndly StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014I was looking for someplace different than my normal places near the Verizon Center for a pre-concert dinner. This turned out to be an excellent choice. The service was excellent, our server pointed out some excellent choices that were even on the pre-fix menu. After a relaxing dinner it was a short stroll to the concert.Special Features:
- NOPA on Halloween was GREATVeryHappyDinerDined on 10/31/2014Ate at NOPA for first time w/ 2 friends on 10/31/14. Each of us loved our meals and the NOPA Staff. Started out w/ 2 orders of Crispy Brussel Sprouts as appetizer (great) and the Red Oak Salad. Had 3 delicious entrees (Chilean Sea Bass (superb); Roasted Salmon (delicious mixture of subtle, wonderful flavors (best turnips ever)); & Glazed Brisket (delicious). The service was excellent, yet not intrusive. Great place for foodies that must eat gluten free. Special thanks to Serge (our waiter who was outstanding) and the friendly, funny mgmt. staff that were in the dining room. A special thanks to the caring woman at the front desk (I apologize for not noting your name) who was so kind to me when I arrived and was not feeling well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choose Carefully, Rich RewardsSiouxsieVIPDined on 10/31/2014I've done best at NoPa when I take the server's recommendations, which this time included the Brussels sprouts and the lentil soup. Appetizers are consistently more rewarding than mains, and you can put together a really good vegetarian feast out of those appetizers and salads. The Hamachi appetizer was also good, if not the equal of the sprouts. Best of all - whatever hand pies are offered, this time pear with ginger, which was heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday afternoon findsuelDined on 10/26/2014It is difficult to find a place open after 2 on Sunday and NOPA came to the resucue. Not only was it open but it is a lovely restaurant. The food was very good, the space bright and the service attentive. The downside for us: The music made it very difficult to talk. The music system could not be controlled in zones so the manager was unable to do much. The luncheon was to welcome and celebrate a recent high level appointment so being able to hear was difficult. We would all go back if talking and relaxing were not a priority because the restaurant is lively.Special Features:
- Nice dinner spot in Penn QuarterGoodeatsDined on 10/25/2014Went to NoPa for a Saturday night dinner. The atmosphere of the restaurant was classy casual. I did not feel out of place in jeans and a dressy top. I noticed many of the other diners were similarly dressed. We had an early dinner reservation so the later crowd might have been different. I was there with my sister, but we also saw a small group of friends, a couple on a romantic date (they were seated in a quite corner by the window), so the venue seemed conducive for those events. The service was fabulous all around: our hostess, the waitstaff, and the sommelier were attentive. The wine list was great (ask about the premium pour), the food was delicious. Although the steak frites was a bit bland for my taste, it was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014This place has no business charging the prices they do for food and drink. While the drinks were OK they're by no means large/good enough to warrant a $12 price tag. The food (1/2 lobster was skimpy and just OK), (oysters, not the best for $3 a pop), lamb burger was delicious but my only request was mustard on the side (instead was served all over it and def took away from the flavor of the meat). The pork belly tacquitos were the highlight by far. Everything, including the service, was just OK and way overpriced so I wouldn't go back with all the choices we have in the area.
- Wonderful venuedcdining2014VIPDined on 10/23/2014We arrived for our reservation for 7 people on a Thursday night. The place had an immediate wonderful warm ambiance. We went to the bar to wait for our other members. We were immediately greeted by the bartender who told us to take a seat in the bar waiting area and he would bring us our drinks. Great service. The rest of our party arrived 45 minutes late and they held our table in the center of the dining room. Very nice of them to do so. We all ordered either an appetizer (Hamachi) or salad and everyone seemed to be enjoying the food. Service was impeccable. I ordered the trout which was fabulous. My husband had the trout and loved it. I would highly recommend this restaurant. David Lavery, GM took great care of us.Special Features:
- entertaining out of townersgoodtimeDined on 10/18/2014My friends are from NYC and are used to great dinning. Needed a place to show off DC. NoPa fit the bill nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/18/2014I read the inferior reviews on NoPa, but we gave it a chance given the owner's success at Rasika nearby. We knew there was a problem when we showed up and there were only a handful of people there since all the other neighborhood spots were full. The entrees were so average---my wife's steak was over cooked and was as tough as beef jerky. My lamb shoulder was bland and very small in size. The positives? (i) The waiter was friendly. But, he never asked how our food was...I think he must have known. (ii) The cheese plate was good. (iii) The brussel sprout side order was good.
- BasicnycfoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food at NoPA is not anything out of the ordinary. The menu choices are fairly simple and basic. The flavors are not anything to rave about. With so many other restaurants in china town, we will not be frequenting NoPA. Appetizers and dessert selections are lacking.Special Features:
- FriNightAppetiteDined on 10/15/2014Very chic decor. Although I went early with the family, the tables offer a lot of privacy that made me wish I had just gone there alone for date with my wife.Special Features:
- Perfect Luncheon for 5OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014Food was perfectly done. Desserts were wonderful. The menu had something of particular interest for each of us.Special Features:
- NoPa, No moreOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/12/2014Having read the generally positive reviews for NoPa, I was looking forward to trying it out. However I was underwhelmed by the meal. The best part was the appetizers--a nicely seasoned steak tartare and a very good hazelnut gnocchi. For the entrees, we tried the amish chicken and the pork chop. Both were overcooked and dry, especially the pork chop, and the accompanying sauces were just okay. Finally the dessert was downright bad, profiteroles that tasted like plastic with a nondescript chocolate ice cream inside. NoPa belongs to a family of very good restaurants like Bibiana and 701. Stick to those, NoPa is not worth a visit.
- Mistaken Identity Punt/FindOld55Dined on 10/11/2014We saw Nopa from the gallery across the street. We wondered if it was connected to the SF one. Our meal in SF was fantastic. In the end, no, it wasn't. Trip advisor had v good reviews so we booked online. Went v early as we had not eaten since huge breakfasts in the morning. Food was sensational. Prices were very good for the food and comparable to Aussie pricing for fine dining. Dessert was (pear pies) unlike anything we had ever eaten before. Delicious. Our server, Kole, was an absolute champion and showman. We would go back again and again if we lived in DC.Special Features:
- No Kidding - NoPa rocks!TmcFVIPDined on 10/9/2014The menu at NoPa is a culinary adventure of incredible tastes. Well curated and vibrant is how I would describe the flare of NoPa. Must tries - the Amish Chicken, Barley Salad, Brussel Sprouts and Fried Pies. Yep, fried pie! Great for date night, business lunch, brunch or happy hour. Make a plan to enjoy for yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageJohnDined on 10/8/2014Nothing special. Food id edible but not memorable. Would not return.
- Stylish flare with exciting menuJstarDined on 10/8/2014My love of this place was sparked when I saw they had Beluga vodka with a bartender that provided the real martini preparation flare. And then I had the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantItaliangirlDined on 10/7/2014This restaurant was referred to me by the concierge at Fairfield Inn & Suites on 5th and H streets. We have been here several times over the last two months. The food, especially the sea bass, is awesome. Very creative. Service is excellent. The wine list is awesome.Special Features:
- Wonderful New FindlshardyDined on 10/5/2014Hazelnut gnocchi were little pillows of heaven. Hamachi tartare had amazing flavor and was very fresh. Split the seabass and it was perfectly prepared, flavorful and fresh. We split the red velvet cheesecake. It was beautifully presented and a nice sweet bite to finish the meal, but not nearly as impressive taste-wise as the savories. We went extremely early for dinner (5:30 p.m.) so that we could make it to the theatre by 7 on a Sunday. The place was deserted, but that was perfect for us! Cocktails were also quite good. They have prix fixe menu for pre theatre dining which looked like a great deal at $35 for three courses, but did not offer any of the items that we wanted to try. A great last minute find on yelp.Special Features:
- Delicious brunchrcs249VIPDined on 10/5/2014My daughter and I decided to have brunch at Nopa last weekend, someplace she'd been to once before and thought is was quite good. It didn't disappoint. Very good service and delicious creative menu in a nice, open, bright setting. Would return again.Special Features:
- Fine experienceJoeCountryDined on 10/3/2014First trip to nopa and it will not be the last. Attentive, unobtrusive service added to an exceptional dinner. Highly recommend octopus appetizer, sea bass entree, and fried pies dessert. All four in our party enjoyed the entire evening. Decor added to overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2014When NoPa first opened I was mightily impressed by the service: quiet, attentive. That has dropped a notch, judging from my last two visits.
- Best night of the year!DinaRoundVIPDined on 9/29/2014Must commend the exceptional service! Girlfriends thought we were attending Cher concert. Had not heard it was cancelled! Had better time at NoPa than we would have had at concert. Jesse took care of us from the start. Personal, fantastic service. Christian (Gen Mgr) serenaded us with Cher songs throughout the evening. Hysterical! Best night!! Serge (waiter) was divine…had a blast with him. And Saleem who was serving other tables knew of our saga (cancelled concert) and attended to us as well. Fantastic food. Exceptional service. You made our night. Actually you made our year. Thanks so much! Great bar scene too…attentive bartenders. Heading there again this weekend. Who needs Cher?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.