NoPa Kitchen + Bar
800 F St. NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
NoPa Kitchen + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nopadc.com/
- Phone: 2023474667x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Wednesday 11:30am-10:30pm
Thursday- Friday 11:30am-11:00pm
Sunday 11am- 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Greg McCarty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Special Events: Join us for Happy Hour Monday- Friday from 4:30pm-6:30pm. All drinks are 20% off!
A word from NoPa Kitchen + Bar
nopa Kitchen + Bar, a new 160 seat American brasserie in the heart of the Penn Quarter. This is the award-winning restaurateur's eighth restaurant in the nation's capitol and it serves American fare with French and Asian influences. The restaurant offers lively dining in the main dining room, and also offers quieter dining options and several private dining rooms. The name represents nopa's location just north of Pennsylvania Avenue and it welcomes guests for lunch and dinner, and Sunday brunch. Our newly launched brunch is served from 11am-3pm on Sunday, order a la carte or partake in our Champagne Brunch- any two courses with infinite mimosas for $30!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NoPa Kitchen + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)special occasion (73)neighborhood gem (59)good for groups (53)romantic (52)great for lunch (50)great for brunch (36)vibrant bar scene (35)notable wine list (28)hot spot (23)scenic view (21)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Par for the Course!CraigVIPDined on 9/27/2014NoPa is always top notch and tonight was no different. Sat in the bar area with Marta. Deviled eggs and burger were great. Brussel sprouts were fantastic--had to take them home. Great wine, great ambiance. Jesse, the wine director couldn't have been more helpful.Special Features:
- Finally working!SteveVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were thrilled to find all aspects of our NoPa experience well done. The gnocchi was perfect, the trout really nice and the quinoa/barley salad was great. Saleem's service was excellent and it's clear that NoPa is finally clicking on all cylinders.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014Must. Order. Brussel sprouts. Nice bar if you have to wait for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to catchupdawnomacDined on 9/19/2014This is a great date venue or place to hangout with friends. Save room for dessert.The cocktails and wine options are delicious too.Perfect for me and my foodie friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live the sceneryChippDined on 9/16/2014Beautiful atmosphere. Seabass was delicious! The staff and service was awesome and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2014They have a bottomless mimosa brunch that includes an appetizer and entree. The smoked salmon was amazing! So much food I had to take some home.Special Features:
- Food good, service not so muchIndygalDined on 9/6/2014We had a group of 12. Some arrived early to have a drink at the bar and witnessed a manager scold the bartender in front of other patrons, it was very unprofessional. Food was great. Loved the deviled eggs and the cheese board, although dried fruit would be a welcome addition. Everyone enjoyed their dishes: trout, salmon, pork chops. We had trouble with the bill when we asked to split it evenly amongst us all. May be better for smaller groupsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner hit the spotDebbDined on 9/2/2014I dined at Nopa at 9 on a rainy, Tuesday night so it was not crowded. The server was attentive, courteous and knowledgeable. I had the Amish Chicken and it was tender with great seasonings and accompaniments. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food, awesome service!MimiVIPDined on 8/30/2014We went after seeing an exhibit across the street at American Portrait Museum. The food was delicious and ou waiter, Gokul, was awesome. He took note of everything and was on top of every request we had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!CAngelesVIPDined on 8/29/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at NoPa. The food was very good though the price tag was hefty because of the pricey wines. The sommelier was very accommodating and approachable but I wish the wine list had more moderately priced wines. Everyone in our group enjoyed the food especially the Brussel sprouts, the octopus, the hake, and the lamb burger. I did not care much for the bun but the lamb burger was delicious! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmptynesterVIPDined on 8/26/2014Service was excellent, wine was excellent, food was average and not worth the price.
- Nopa was greatGrubGabDined on 8/24/2014Our server, Ryan, was knowledgeable and attentive. It was our anniversary and the staff provided champagne and a specially printed menu for the occasion. The food was tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceCriticalFoodieDined on 8/22/2014The beet salad in combination with Wasabi resulted in surprisingly delicious flavors. The trout was perfectly cooked (not dried out) with a nice flavor from the basil pesto sauce. The chef was very accommodating of my special dietary needs. Our server was fantastic! Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014I'm usually skeptical of the food during restaurant week esp. for a $35 dinner prix fixe in the Penn Quarter area, but NoPa delivered. The porkchop was tender and tasty, as was the beet salad. I had the profiteroles for dessert. It was good, but they also gave us complimentary dessert which was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014I ordered seabass with eggplant and sweet potatoes. I expected the sweet potatoes to be sweet, but everything was sweet, including the eggplant. The fish was a bit dry. I used to like this place. It needs improvement.
- Nice early dinnerTanker135Dined on 8/17/2014My wife and I arrived for an early dinner, and chose to sit in the bar area where the natural lighting was better. The menu was set up for "Restaurant Week" so we are not sure if the relatively small menu we received was the normal menu. The bartender was seated 5 tables in about 10 minutes time, and she seemed to be a bit overwhelmed by this and was almost "short" with her approach to waiting on us. We ordered the "full meal" option, and were then told that we had to decide on a dessert prior to our meal because the kitchen "wanted it that way." After the "rush," the bartender was very nice and attentive. The brussel sprouts side and salmon entree were very good--nice color, acidic balance, and cooked to perfection! We'll be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/16/2014NoPA has a small but superb menu. The restaurant is beautifully designed. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and well-trained. Most important, the food is exceptional, focusing on fresh seasonal ingredients and interesting combinations. We were three first-time diners and will all return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatherineDined on 8/15/2014Went for a later-than-usual dinner, but unfortunately didn't realize that they were only offering the Restaurant Week menu to all diners in the dining room. Our waiter was phenomenal, though, and moved us into the bar where we could order a la carte. The food was good, though overpriced for what we got. Dessert (pistachio pot de creme) was the best part.Special Features:
- Great dinnerLarryDined on 8/15/2014Just did restaurant week there and found the choices, food and service as great as my previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant week spotVegGalDined on 8/15/2014Delicious restaurant week menu; vegan friendly, fantastic serviceSpecial Features:
- Good LunchAndyVIPDined on 8/15/2014We all enjoyed our restaurant week lunch. We all got the trout which was well prepared. The succotash appetizer was my favorite item. Service was very good. The restaurant is noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyNamelessVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was not worth the price we paid. The Cheesecake Factory would have been better
- Fresh would be niceWommieDined on 8/14/2014Trout maybe frozen for a whie. Hisbiacus cocktail tastes like potpourri an liquor. Wait staff is eager but unprofessional. Sorry.
- Good Restaurant Week LunchGinaEatsDined on 8/14/2014Good lunch menu choices for DC Restaurant Week. The succotash was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Our waitress was great and extremly tentive. The food was good, there could be better first course dishes though. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandraKDined on 8/13/2014We went for lunch during restaurant week. The food was delicious, the service excellent, and ambience lovely. I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BURGER LOVE!DebbiedoesdctooVIPDined on 8/13/2014Dang that was a great hamburger! Really outstanding. Yummy. Will definitely come back again and again.Special Features:
- TastydcdowntownbusinessluncherDined on 8/13/2014We were there for Restaurant Week - good time to taste the food (Which was yummy) but not the ideal time to get the true feel for the ambiance or service. We will definitely be back in the fall to check it out again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deal!aliasykoDined on 8/13/2014Good lunch restaurant deal!! Very good food, totally worth it. only thing was service was slow... we were there too long.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty meal, great ambianceGoodfoodhappyheartDined on 8/12/2014The first two courses were delicious, although the dessert was slightly disappointing. Friendly, quick service and great ambiance though. I would go back and would recommend to others!Special Features:
- Great ExpectationsJenn25Dined on 8/12/2014Tuesday, my coworkers and I dined here for restaurant week. The food was great. We had the burger and wheat berry. Both of my coworkers enjoyed their meals. The complimentary bread was so good, that we ordered a second basket. Later that night on the train ride home, I was still reminiscing about lunch. I can't wait to revisit NoPa. In essence, the food and service was great.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicejj13Dined on 8/12/2014My friend and I had lunch here over restaurant week and thought it was fabulous. The food was delicious and perfectly prepared and the wait staff was very friendly. Overall a very good experience and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Phenomenal ServiceearsiemDined on 8/11/2014Food was fantastic. Contemporary versions of classic food, not too modern, not tired. My steak was delicious and cooked perfectly, the carrot puree was amazing. My date’s chop was also perfect and mostarda delicious. The gnocchi had a surprising kick and is a must try. Dessert was great; the creaminess of the Pistachio pot-au-crème was perfect, although coloring really not needed. The food was topped by the service. Wish I could remember our waiter’s name; he was funny/friendly without trying too hard. A slight faux pas was my gnocchi coming before my date’s app and the time from apps to entrees. I was there on the first night of restaurant week so I can overlook some timing missteps. Overall a place I would happily return.
- outstanding!INGLDined on 8/11/2014The food and the service were outstanding. Looking forward to visiting soon.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant week lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014Had a very good work lunch during restaurant week. Great options and portion sizes = great value. Service was quick and attentive. Most importantly the food was very good. We had salads and gazpacho for starters, which everyone liked. Three of us chose the salmon main course, and it was delicious and a generous portion. We each had a different dessert, which were all good (and quite big). Will definitely keep NOPA on my work lunch rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarleyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Slow, inattentive service spoiled any chances of a positive review.
- Delicious Tomato menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014I came to NoPa on a birthday gift, for a tasting menu for 2. I really would've enjoyed the whole thing a little more, had I not been so full from my lunch. Make sure you are hungry when you go to NoPa! I really enjoyed the ambiance, the seating was perfect, and people were flowing in. The location is great if you want to visit many DC historic/touristy spots. My only negative thing doesn't really have to do with the restaurant itself. The waiter... although he was perfect (other than not knowing was some of the items/ingredients were), the cigarette odor on him was so strong that it made me lose my appetite even more. His habit also probably prevented him from being able to tell that the goat milk ice cream indeed tastes like goat milk.Special Features:
- Great experienceDJSWashDCDined on 8/8/2014The service and the food were outstanding. Not only was the server attentive, he made some excellent menu suggestions, kept our drinks filled and was not at all impatient when we extended our lunch over nearly 2 hours.Special Features:
- tcptgsDined on 8/7/2014Excellent food and service. This is also a pleasant spot, with tables looking out large windows across the street to the National Portrait Gallery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a smokin deal!Food123VIPDined on 8/3/2014I went with my family for Sunday brunch. They offered bottomless sparkling wine or mimosa plus an appetizer and entree for $30. I had the caeser salad and the Amish chicken. The caeser was slightly over dressed and had a little too much horseradish but the chicken was super delish! All 6 us really had a great time and really enjoyed the food. I'd say definitely give it a go!Special Features: