Noorish Conscious Eatery
8440 -109 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T6G 1E2Neighborhood:
VegetarianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Noorish Conscious Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.noorish.ca/
- Phone: 7807566880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:30 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 4:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian, International
- Executive Chef: Raw Food Chef - Robyn Unrau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Noorish Catering coming summer 2012! Contact us to book your event.
- Entertainment: Live local musical talent will also be featured weekly to enhance the experience! The Noorish Interactive Teaching Kitchen is also an exciting space for evening cooking classes and workshops on healthy and healing foods, inspiring the mind with alternative ways to take care of yourself, your family and your community! This space is dedicated to exploring the delicate art of creating culinary masterpieces and elixirs. Learn more about Raw Food by taking the apprenticeship program.
- Cross Street: 10973 76 Ave
- Public Transit: There is a bus stop right out front of noorish travelling both north and south on 109 st.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are six stalls behind Noorish dedicated to customers, and many metered and none metered stalls around Noorish. Across the street in between Taco Bell and Mc Donalds you can park on 85 ave for free.
A word from Noorish Conscious Eatery
We present to you our version of inspired living: An organic vegetarian eatery, super food elixir bar, teaching kitchen, retail store and yoga/meditation studio. Each aspect of Noorish is designed to stimulate the senses, inspire the mind and awaken the spirit! The Noorish Eatery features a menu that includes a variety of organic, local, raw, vegan and gluten‐free options bursting with flavor and nutrition. The Elixir bar is designed to inspire a new way of getting high on life through our carefully crafted tonics, elixirs, fresh juices and organic teas, loaded with vitality! In our kitchen, we hand-make almost every ingredient from scratch, including our soup stock, our dressings and our flatbreads. We also ensure almost nothing goes to waste. We share our vegetable scraps with llamas, chickens and bunny rabbits at the Lak'ech EcoLodge and Ranch. We try to purchase as local as possible and support many of Edmonton and surrounding area businesses .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Noorish Conscious Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Amazing!SammiJoDined on 6/7/2014My all time favorite restaurant! Amazing food and super friendly staff. It's nice to be able to eat out as I live vegan-gluten free lifestyle. It is my go-to place! :DSpecial Features:
- The following 230 reviews are from the Noorish Conscious Eatery reviews archive.
- First time at NoorishFirstTimers1Dined on 5/30/2014This was our first visit to Noorish and only a second time to visit a vegetarian/vegan restaurant. We loved everything about it. Our server was very patient with our questions and encouraged us to ask all we wanted. He made recommendations for us. Everyone we had an encounter with from the person delivering our drinks to the person delivering our food were all great. I loved the atmosphere and really felt everyone who worked there loved their jobs. Me only complaint is that it's not in St Albert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avant-Garde in Healthy eatingsherbarDined on 5/25/2014This establishment is run by siblings who really know how to make the boring come alive on your palate. My server answered all my questions & pointed out items on the menu that she thought we might be interested in based on my questions. The ambiance was very soothing with groupings of table & chairs for any size group, but also had barista chairs at a counter that looked out onto 109th Street. There are a couple of couches with a huge coffee table, for those who want to relax with a beverage. You can watch from almost anywhere in the restaurant one of the siblings make your drink. The menu selection appeared to be Vegan, & there was a small section at the back where you can buy some items like teas, etc. I highly recommend Noorish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Vegan FareKrispyBitesVIPDined on 5/11/2014Noorish is great at making raw and vegan food taste wonderful. I also find their super elixir drinks intriguing.Special Features:
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014It's great to go somewhere that actually has varied choices for vegans/vegetarians, and is delicious! Went for lunch & enjoyed everything we ordered - the perogies were a pleasant surprise of flavour & texture, and the bodhi burger was fantastic. Service was slow though - don't recommend going here if you're in a hurry. But for a relaxed, feel-good brunch/lunch where you leave feeling better than you did before, this is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteIAMDoerksenDined on 5/6/2014We have been many times before, and every time it is better than the last. Great food, great service, and some really great unique drinks. Definitely a great choice every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate with vegies:-)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Great for vegan, requests for gluten free and vegetarian dining:-)Special Features:
- Unique dining experienceNomnomnomDined on 4/25/2014Nourish provides a unique dining experience through ambience, great service, and an excellent menu with many flavourful choices. I would recommend this dining experience to all of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lackluster serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The food and wine was good, but the atmosphere and service were lacking. We were sat at a very casual sofa-height table that was not appropriate for eating dinner. The wait staff was unhelpful with relocating us to a more appropriate location. Our waiter was extremely informal (sat down at our table!) and was disrespectful with our guests. His knowledge of the restaurant's dishes was decent, but seemed to not know/care about the wine list. The bill was not delivered to us when we were clearly finished, even though we were one of the last tables in the restaurant. We left Noorish a bit miffed with the overall experience, but luckily were able to find warm service and lovely desserts a few doors down.
- Wonderful!BunkasDined on 4/12/2014Relaxed atmosphere! Friendly, efficient staff! Food is exceptional and full of flavour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!!WellNoorishedDined on 4/12/2014Food was so good, 3 of the 4 had Pad Thai was not disappointed. So tasty and plenty of it . I took leftovers had for lunch the next day. Dessert , we had three the cheesecake(my favourite) was delicious, the (new on the menu) chocolate mousse was amazing the other chocolate had a real Kick to it that was sup rising… Waiter Luc…. was charming, attentive and happy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehPeasantVegetarianDined on 4/5/2014First visit. I so looked forward to it but found the overall experience was not all I hoped it to be. Service was not the quickest and a bit impersonal. Server needed to be more welcoming and friendly, but probably couldn't because she had no time to be. I find some food items expensive. Never paid that much for a chai ever. My 11 year old ordered the simple mac and cheese. The server forgot it. When it did arrive she would not eat it as she found that the coconut in it was too overbearing. Memorable was the Bodhi burger and salad which tasted great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!annabellee78VIPDined on 3/30/2014Noorish is a step in the right direction for health-food fanatics. The food is creative, very tasty, and comforting. I would highly recommend trying the Laughing Buddha Bowl and the Sliders. The slider's patty is absolutely de-lish!Special Features:
- Great special menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014If you want to try some unusual fare this is the place. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options abound. The service is slow, so leave yourself lots of time. I made a reservation, we had salad, entre and dessert and were just finished (because of slow service) when we were encouraged to leave because of another reservation waiting. The desserts are wonderful, and very filling. Enjoyed it, but once again the serving staff are quite time challenged (bit sure if because of full tables or too few wait staff) Ambiance is questionable -noisy and busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKDonMDined on 2/28/2014Needs more ventilation because my clothes smelled like spices after we left.Special Features:
- An investmentEaterDined on 2/22/2014I found Noorish to be quite expensive - but being that I don't eat out a lot I could be off the mark with that observation. The chickpea burger was amazing but the soup was very salty - to the point that it felt like it was burning my tongue :( The waiter mentioned that a batch had gone bad earlier in the day - otherwise I might have assumed that this was how it was supposed to taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable OutinghortonDined on 2/16/2014Happening place. Food was delicious, service was outstanding, great place to accommodate all food restrictions. Felt very much alive when done eating, very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious even for omnivores!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Went because I love trying new foods and my companion is vegan... our dishes were fresh, delicious and even my 4 year old loved herkkids "pizza" with kale chips! We will most certainly be back and would love to try everything on the menu! Be sure to make a reservation though - it's a small restaurant that fills up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findChameleonDined on 2/11/2014Noorish is a unique restaurant that came highly recommended by everyone we know who had been there. The menu is relatively small. They have selected a small variety of entrees that they do very well, rather than padding the menu. I had no idea vegan food could taste this good! The service here is nothing short of stellar. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. There is also a small retail area, where a selection of health food items and books are available for purchase. Parking could be a challenge on a busy night, but would be well worth the effort. There is limited street parking, but there are also two stalls behind the restaurant for customer parking. I look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nommy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2014I brought my parents here for the first time this past week. While they were a little surprised by cold pizza (coming from Asians, this would be a pretty standard comment especially when nothing in most Chinese recipes is raw/uncooked), my parents both agreed everything that came to our table had great flavour. The chocolate mousse dessert at the end was a hit! Chocolatey without being overly sweet. As it was once explained to us, the dessert is sweetened entirely with dates. Nothing artificial, which my family and I appreciate. We will definitely be back. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HypoAllergenicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/4/2014Staff went over and above to accommodate a plethora of allergies. Great job and very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Vegan!gfreeveganDined on 2/1/2014This restaurant is one of the only places in the city that I can eat at! It is so great to know that the people working and cooking there are as passionate about healthy eating and animal friendly eating, as much as I am! It's so refreshing to open up there menu containing a vast number of options! Even my non-vegan friends can enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwayssherryleeDined on 2/1/2014Never disappoints-- the turnip pyrogies on the seasonal menu were deadly!! sooooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in EdmontonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/21/2014I eat at Noorish every time I come to Edmonton. My colleagues know that I refuse to go anywhere so they join me. Even though they are not vegan they always love the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan for AnyoneSC73Dined on 1/14/2014Not a vegetarian but the food here is hearty and delicious. Servers were knowledgeable and helpful. My carnivorous tendencies notwithstanding, it was great and I felt healthier by the time I left. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- New age kinda placeAlbertanDined on 1/11/2014very new age food was great and quick, server was totally strange but fit right in in the place over all had a great night and would come back there is something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Restaurant for CarnivoresEdmontonCooksDined on 1/10/2014Every omnivore should try this menu for a satisfying vegan experience.Special Features:
- diningcyclistDined on 1/10/2014Service was very slow. Food wasn't quite how it was described in the menu.Special Features:
- NoorishingRowanDined on 1/10/2014Tasty organic, vegan food. Also a good selection of nutritional foods to buy, including kickstarter, and the chaga blend so you can make your own Chagaccino. You can even get a scoby pack to start making your own kombucha. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just get the burger.OrchidDined on 1/8/2014Every time I go to noorish I try something new, but I always get the walnut chickpea burger as a main. It is just so good with so many textures and tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2014First time at Noorish was a very good experience. Just one thing I would caution them on is there obvious effort to turn there tables over, I did feel pretty rushed. no sooner had they cleared our entrée plates, they were asking if we wanted our bill. But I would return , so nice overall experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegan restaurantdannoDined on 1/4/2014I'm impressed with the menu. There are a number of items I would like to try so I will definitely be back. The Pad Thai was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan and RawdineandlearnVIPDined on 1/3/2014There's something to be said about a restaurant that is packed with patrons on a -25C day when many of its dishes are served cold, raw, and without the comfort of cooking. Yet here we were trying pad thai and a green curry bowl filled with noodles, quinoa, and Alberta cold storage veggies. The flavours were recognizable, the textures varied, and overall the dishes were enjoyable. We did not venture into the drinks menu that features various blends that sound enticing - that's for a warmer day when there's no need to wrap cold hands around a warm cup of tea! And we will be back, despite our requests for 'no onions' which was ignored and no apology from the wait staff when a pile of them were returned to the kitchen.Special Features:
- amazing saladsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/27/2013The starters (an assortment of salads and sliders) were incredible -- definitely the best salads and vegetarian burgers I've ever had. I had the Buddha's bowl -- a green curry with quinoa -- and it was ok -- too watery, the veggies were a little insubstantial, and the quinoa did not really soak up the curry sauce like rice would. But I would go back for more salads and burgers. Also, the wine that was recommended to us was excellent. Overall: pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is amazing, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/27/2013The food is amazing, very flavorful and filling. The Pad Thai was a party I my mouth. There are only a few spots that could accommodate a larger group so reservations are a good idea. No meat but you'll be happily surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Noorish! Tried theannabellee78VIPDined on 12/21/2013I love Noorish! Tried the Pad Thai this time-very nice flavours of almond sauce in a nice serving of veggies. The "chicken" was also interesting...not much flavour in it, so maybe a little too close to chicken. I would highly recommend the laughing Buddha bowl on a cold winters night.Special Features:
- Laughing Buddha Bowl, QuinoaSpankyDined on 12/19/2013Laughing Buddha Bowl, Quinoa Salad, Chagachino Chai, and Sliders on living flat bread always amazing!! Some of the cold sandwiches and "pizza's" a little bit less than amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the chickpea burger,carbDined on 12/13/2013I had the chickpea burger, and it was the best burger I've ever tasted. The aroma when you walk into this restaurant is incredible. The server was very knowledgeable and did a fantastic job. Would recommend to everyone, and will be going back as well.Special Features:
- vegan for non veganse270388Dined on 11/29/2013Such a good meal considering we are all big meat eaters.had the bodhi buger which was so goodabd side of quinoa was great tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A clean eating gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2013Simply a rare find with great atmosphere and even better food. So nice to find a clean eating venue with some substance and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.