1046 Tasker St.
Philadelphia, PA 19148Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.noordphilly.com/
- Phone: 2679099704
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sun: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Nordic, Scandinavian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joncarl Lachman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, View, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: S. 11th Street
- Public Transit: Broad Street Subway is a few blocks away.
The 23 and 29 bus are on the corners in front of the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Weekend Valet is offered for Passyunk Avenue at the Singing Fountain across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Noord
NOORD eetcafe is a classic BYOB bistro with a Northern European focus. We feature locally farmed produce and meats whenever possible; served in a relaxed friendly setting. All breads and desserts are made in house. We also smoke and cure our own fish and meats. We want you to feel like you are coming to our home for dinner...and you bring the wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Noord reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)neighborhood gem (121)special occasion (58)romantic (49)hot spot (44)great for brunch (29)great for outdoor dining (23)scenic view (15)good for groups (12)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Dining at NoordsmcLeerDined on 9/25/2014From the moment of arrival, receptions warm, and food was innovative and terrific! Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive cuisineiojoeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Noord is on the forefront of the culinary scene in Philadelphia. Almost every dish on its menu is inventive in its use and combination of ingredients. It has been a long time since I last struggled to make a choice amidst so many creative offerings. And, based on a sampling of four diners, it delivers with a taste sensation. Throw in a most congenial owner/chef and the restaurant's location in an energetic square that has the feel of a small piazza, and one has a truly memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Still terrificPhillyPhanDined on 9/19/2014We tried Noord a few years ago just after it opened, enjoyed it very much, and made a mental note to come back again. When we finally did, we found it to be just as innovative and delightful as we remembered. Four perfect apps, four perfect entrees, two memorable desserts and lots of shared tastes later we were very pleased. Plus: Valet parking nearby. Minus: Very loud, at least by our elderly standards.Special Features:
- This place is up and coming!jrock10Dined on 9/14/2014The menu look amazing and very hard to choose one meal. Ended up getting the special, sea bass, it was awesome. Ambience was great for a date and I like the fact it is Byob. A gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The HoopersHoopDined on 9/12/2014My wife, daughter and I had dinner at Noord last night (I have dined here before). The dinner was amazing and the added bonus is the hospitality of Chef Joncarl. I've dined at many restaurants in and out of Philly and if you haven't tried Noord it is a must go! Thank you Joncarl and team for a fantastic evening. We can't wait to come back. Best, Rick, Eileen and Lisa HooperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Food was excellent,service was good.What more can I saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a treatAt181Dined on 9/10/2014Noord has it all and we will return as often as possible. Marvelous marvelous food! And a lovely and friendly atmosphere, beautiful details on the diningroom, and perfect spacing on the tables so that you can enjoy the atmosphere and privacy at the same time. We love Noord.Special Features:
- What a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014I was looking for a place to go for my birthday. We heard of Noord in south philly. The view was great open air and right on the corner with a view of a farmers stand. The food was like nothing ive ever had in the best way possible. Grilled prawns with a light cream sauce and I had the striped bass special with mussels. Overall a great meal. Chef and server were on point.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Everything was great. Owner/chef was very friendly and helpful with menu selections. The noise level was very high, and it was pretty hot inside because of the open kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Hot Dutch!CamWasVIPDined on 8/30/2014A great BYOB - delicious food, well presented by a professional team. For those unfamiliar with the cuisine of the Netherlands, Noord Eet Caffe will surprise and delight you - home smoked fish, hearty stews, generous portions and be sure to save room for dessert. Lekker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noord gets five stars in every way!DaddioDined on 8/30/2014We had dinner at Noord this weekend. A friend from Chez Panise recommended it as a wonderful gem in Philly. He was right! The restaurant is cozy and the food and service is exquisite. We had a window table with a great view of the lively street scene, and the windows opened out to the neighborhood. We ordered the most delicious clams zuurkool for an appetizer, and this was about the greatest thing we ever ate. Littleneck clams, braised cabbage, smoked sausage and bacon in a caraway beer broth. It was delicious! Then we had the seared PA rainbow trout; a whole fish served in the most delicious and complex tomato/tarragon sauce topped with mussels. The owner/chef, Joncarl Lachman, personally delivered the meal to our table - perfection!Special Features:
- Always perfect!Sue1983VIPDined on 8/29/2014I would eat here every night if I could. Service is always exceptional and the chicken and risotto is my favorite! Grab a date and a seat by the window on a cool evening and you will be in heaven! Brunch on Sundays is also wonderful and extremely reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experienceFoodluv1Dined on 8/29/2014Had dinner with a friend the other night and WOW the food was FANTASTIC! The grilled bread with roasted garlic and oil/butter...soo good, the apps were tasty (my fav was the mustard soup) and our entrees were delicious! The bread pudding for dessert was a huge amount but so good (just enough sweetness and very light for bread pudding)! Love that it's BYOB, the owner and staff are very nice and gracious, had a great experience and will be back to try all the other menu offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoordificHappywecameDined on 8/29/2014Believe all the positive reviews. Mustard soup was fantastic. We both had the whole stripped bass special and in addition to it's sublime flavor, nary a bone was found. Our window was opened out to the piazza on a beautiful dry evening, and both facing out, we could hear each other and watch the buzzing neighborhood. The staff was warm, professional and low-key. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly DifferentDJK1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Bitterballen and Holland Sliders to start and explore onward from there. Great atmosphere and highly professional and friendly service. A very enjoyable experience. Worth going back even in a neighborhood that has lots of outstanding dining options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passyunk's finestSuperCATVIPDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant blew me away! The menu takes a unique perspective or Northern European cuisine, amenable to Philadelphian palates. We had the mustard soup (with a delectable scallop), the herring sliders (ahhh Amsterdam), the brussels sprouts, and the fresh whole fish (sooooo good - complete with a beer and dill/tarragon broth and mussels). The bread, butter, and roasted garlic was a perfect addition to the meal. Don't forget to bring your own white wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so good....rpf27VIPDined on 8/20/2014Because of a demanding summer work schedule, we had not been to Noord in a while. But with the summer work winding down and a surprise visit from daughter and boyfriend, it was time. And what a time it was. We had the special asparagus appetizer and it was unique, simply fantastic. They has the lamb burger and agreed it was even better than their favorite NY burger at The Breslin...very high praise, indeed. and then the desserts! The boyfriend could not believe how good the buttercake was and we love the chocolate bark! So, on a lazy, summery Wednesday, we walked home talking non-stop about our superb dinner.Special Features:
- A Nordic SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were very pleased to find Scandanavian food in Philadelphia, and the quality of service was outstanding. The restaurant is very hip, intimate, and friendly. They are BYOB, for those that drink.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014My husband and I had a nice dinner here on a summer evening. The restaurant is bright and airy. Food was excellent, could have done with a few more options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the experienceKTRNDined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend and I went with light expectations an walked away very impressed. The service was fantastic from the host to the water guy. Every dish was crafted with a range of complimentary flavors. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed in PassyunkmnfrrVIPDined on 8/9/2014Chef Joncarl greeted us like family on our first visit to his charming restaurant. Our table in the corner with windows that open completely provided a beautiful "outdoor" dining experience. All of us ate every bite of the fresh, delicious dishes. Mussels, quail, barley risotto and an awesome shared dessert platter were all perfectly prepared, flavorful and interesting. Service is friendly and professional and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!!!KarlosluckVIPDined on 8/6/2014One of the best restaurant experiences I've had in along time!! Wonderful food. Terrific staff. Love this place. Bedankt.Special Features:
- My favorite place on the AvenueZenmeisterDined on 8/3/2014The food, the ambience and Joncarl - my favorite restaurant. If you haven't tried it - you're missing out on a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantexsuburbsVIPDined on 8/2/2014We totally enjoyed the experience at Noord. The food was excellent, different but recognizable in ingredients and presentation. The service was attentive and not pushy. The owner came out and chatted which is always a nice touch. Would go back again and recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Wonderful!NJMomDined on 8/2/2014I dined alone while my daughter was at a concert. The Chef was able to seat me before my reservation at a great table! The whole experience was fabulous! The service, the food, the ambience! The Chef conversed with me so I didn't feel uncomfortable at all dining alone! Great, great, great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOORD - fabulous!girlsnitefavesDined on 8/2/2014Friends and I had a fantastic dining experience on Saturday evening! The staff was welcoming and attentive. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was inviting, and I am looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Restaurant in a Fun AreaBlueXVIPDined on 7/30/2014I like this area - with lots of new restaurants popping up. Noord is a great addition to add more variety. Service was good, but food was just average.
- Splendid Dining ExperiencethelitheacademicDined on 7/27/2014Noord boasts an eclectic and innovative panoply of delicious plates to surely please the culinary connoisseur and dilettante, alike. The ambiance was just perfect with dimmed lighting and open windows into the special enclave that is Old City. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!dgk133Dined on 7/27/2014Noord is a low-key East Passayunk spot with some of the best food I've had in the city. The brussel sprouts, mussels, and diver scallops all come recommended.Special Features:
- Blissful brunchCarriemacDined on 7/27/2014Gorgeous food & a warm welcome - proper hospitality! We adore the smorebrod...loved the omelettes at our first brunch too! Chef has such a light hand with subtly smoky flavors & fresh, fresh salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service ever!MirandaScottDined on 7/25/2014Three of us went to dinner for my husband's birthday. The food was very tasty, although maybe a touch underseasoned in some of the dishes (a quibble). Had mostly seafood, which ranged from good (mussels) to great (scallops). Chocolate dessert was outstanding. BYO and birthday candle were both appreciated. What put it over the top was the service: friendly, helpful, prompt, attentive without being oppressive, and altogether delightful. Best we've had in a long time. Enjoyed speaking with the chef/owner, who came out several times to deliver dishes or to chat with the diners. We'll be back. Planning to try brunch very soon.Special Features:
- Excellent!JoeDDined on 7/20/2014Dining here is always terrific and brunch is fantastic.Special Features:
- Different Type of ChoicesBarbaraManVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is a good place for fish with choices that are different from other restaurants. I had herring sliders. My dining companion had clams over cabbage and sausage with a great sauce. The lightly breaded whitefish entree over potatoes with a pea sauce was large enough for two. The servers were attentive and friendly. I've been told there are a lot of sauces so bear that in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will give it another try.headDined on 7/19/2014Beautiful night and all the windows were open! Great ambience! The service was very attentive especially the bus boy. Food was good and all liked but I wasn't blown away. I ordered the bread pudding because I'm an I'm a lover of same. I didn't like which is a first for me. Based on other reviews I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Nightarturo250Dined on 7/19/2014Our adult children came to help us celebrate our birthdays. A first time for them. Impressed with the selection and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary experience!JandGBDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I finally made it to Noord after hearing about it from multiple people. We were not disappointed! The food was superb as was the hospitality. Our server gave us excellent suggestions regarding the menu and also asked us if we would care to move to a window table when it became available. We very much appreciated her attentiveness and friendly yet unobtrusive demeanor. This restaurant is a class act and a very welcomed change in cuisine. We will visit often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprise!LisaDined on 7/18/2014Didn't know much about Scandinavian food, but now I know I love it! Four of us ordered tons of food and loved all of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than inspired.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/17/2014We want Noord to succeed, but to do so the execution and the quality of some ingredients must improve. The limited menu is not the real problem, nor is the natural/traditional blandness of Scandanavian cuisine (e.g., the "crisply fried whitefish" was certainly not crisp in any fashion, and wornout, over-the-hill greens decorated/garnished more than one plate in our group). The overall problem was the noticeable lack of inspiration, attention to detail and commitment in the cooking.
- Great experienceJpaintsDined on 7/16/2014Great BYOB. Took my boyfriend here for his birthday and it was everything we hoped for. He got the daily special and was thrilled. We will come back for the pickled harring sliders, also. The server was great and even called me to tell me I left an item behind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed brunch . The food was authentic and amazing. The service was relaxed and attentive Can't wait to have dinner?.Special Features: