Nonni's Ristorante Italiano
420 Mendocino Ave #100
Santa Rosa, CA 95401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nonni's Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nonnisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7075270222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: We offer everything a pan of Lasagna when you don"t have the time to cook, to Full Service Catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining offers you and your guests your own bar and overlooks our main dining room, open and airy with stain glass windows and numerous skylights.
- Private Party Contact: Karine 7075270222
- Entertainment: Steve Albini, master of the accordion and Italian music for a fun and authentic feeling, just like being in Italy. Also,he includes "Rat Pack" standards in his repertoire. Mr. Albini plays every Friday night from 6:30 till 9:30. Requests Welcome.
A word from Nonni's Ristorante Italiano
Authentic Italian food to be enjoyed with friends and family. Nonni"s family owned and operated restaurant boasts it's warm hospitality, family recipes and homemade goodness. Come and join us for a true taste of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nonni's Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
- Birthday Dinner at Nonni'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013I had only eaten at Nonni's once before and I loved it so I chose it as the place to treat my partner for his 62nd birthday dinner. It was wonderful. The 3 of us really enjoyed ourselves and our food was top notch. The service was very attentive but subtle. All our requests were met with a smile which is sometimes rare these days in a popular restaurant. We will be going back many times in the New Year because I wan't to try everything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyPearlgirlDined on 12/1/2013Really yummy homemade pasta, nice ambiance, friendly family run staff -and very affordable to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodChuckDined on 11/23/2013There was trouble in the kitchen the night we were there and the wait between courses was unusually long. Our waitress was honest about the waits and did her best to make up for it. When the food arrived it was excellent. Great Cesar Salad. Chicken breats served on polenta with a cheese sauce over all was outstanding. Good wine. Tiramisu topped of a great dinner. We will return soon.Special Features:
- Good place to gather the familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2013We're an Italian family and enjoy Nonni's for their affordable menu, casual atmosphere and good food. You can count on a good home cooked meal from Nonni's with a price that will allow you to pick up the entire family tab!Special Features:
- The noise level was terrible.mojoDined on 10/19/2013The noise level was terrible. The music was too loud for conversation. The the wait staff was inattentive and the accordian player was out of control. It was a family style gathering but given the anbience, I would not take my wife there for a romantic evening. I don't know what kind of atmosphere they are trying to create but it was neither romantic nor conducive to conversation. We will be unlikely to return.
- Dinner at Nonni'snancyfDined on 10/11/2013We always enjoy eating at Nonni's. The food is reliably delicious, and the service very friendly. You feel very taken care of there.Special Features:
- Quiet, Friendly, DeliciousJSC7VIPDined on 9/17/2013Came here on a trip to Sonoma. Selected it based on nearness to hotel and Open Table reviews. Food was delicious. We were the only diners in the restaurant, probably due to the time of year and the hour we arrived. The food was so good, we were pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Trip to ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2013The bruschetta and brie were great accompaniments to the Bellini's and Chardonnay. Salmon was outstanding. Bread pudding and chocolate cake were exquisite. The table was split on the tiramisu 4 liked, 1 ok. We enjoyed the fact that we were allowed to visit even though we took our time deciding on our choices. Highly recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant in a Nice TownZorro47VIPDined on 9/12/2013Noni's was quite a pleasant experience. The "Calamari Stephano" was excellent and the chicken Marsala superb. My wife had spaghetti with clams and the pasta was cooked to perfection with a super sauce. If in Paso Robles, don't miss it!Special Features:
- It was our first visit toMaryDined on 9/7/2013It was our first visit to Nonni's. It provided an enjoyable local Italian dining experience. We look forward to returning often in the future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- food/music...goodeatsDined on 8/31/2013great place for some very nice food and music.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nonni's Food and Servicenothappy824Dined on 8/24/20138/24. "Party of 7" seated immediately; we're told "wait a few sconds" by hostess who played with PC x 5 minutes; seated for our 6 pm reservation next to the hostess station; ignored. Ordered 2 soups/2 salads and entrees. Salads arrived 10 minutes before soups. Half of the appetizer plates cleared (?) Finally got half our food (asked twice; lied to twice). ONLY staff member who deserved a tip unable to accept same unless he split with entire staff. Great food but will not return.
- Great Italian Food and AmbianceChuckDined on 8/18/2013Our family party of 14 had a great time eating and reminiscing about our family at Nonni's. In the 1960's our Aunt Minnie opened an Italian Restaurant in Los Angeles. The food and the ambiance at Nonni's reminded us all of Aunt Minnie's restaurant. Her son felt that the food Nonni's was a touch better than his mother's. Quite a compliment.Special Features:
- A family affairCalSlvrDined on 8/9/2013Solid neighborhood restaurant fare. A bit heavy on the garlic for my taste but food is good. What is outstanding is the warm family feeling and the fantastic accordian player that was there.Special Features:
- ReviewNorthbayDined on 8/2/2013Good food, reasonable prices. Wait staff was nice and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Water a little ikky.BladeDined on 7/27/2013Great food for this family owned and run restaurant. Of all things to go wrong, the table water tasted and smelled bad. Lessened what was otherwise a good experience. We loved the Italian singer too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dining experienceFoodie100VIPDined on 6/29/2013Expected upscale friendly. Environment. Restaurant was empty on a Saturday Night. Few tables were occupied. Food was ok. We were highly Recommended by family.., thought we were at wrong place. Perhaps It was the heat but we hit an off night. Sorry.
- Will be going back to 'workOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2013Will be going back to 'work our way' thru the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerWesleyDined on 5/28/2013We were greeted promptly and immediately seated and asked if we would like water. Our server is one of the owners and is always very gracious. This was the third year in a row that we have celebrate out anniversary at this restaurant but our server was not aware of that. The menu offers a nice selection of Italian dishes and I recommend the Veal. While the wine list is somewhat limited it does have choices to meet the needs of most people. Our appetizer (house special calamari) was delicious. We were given plenty of time to enjoy each course of our dinner and our server checked back frequently, but not excessive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh salads, wonderful pastas,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/26/2013Fresh salads, wonderful pastas, great veal marsala and oh those cannoli (the best ever). Everything was delicious. And the service was Outstanding. We arrived early (6 of us) and they were ready. They went out of their way to entertain the two children. Next time we are in the area we will definitely make reservations. This must be my new most favorite Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceDwntwngrlDined on 5/20/2013We ate outdoors on the front patio. Downtown Pleasanton is a quaint, family oriented downtown. At Nonnie's you can eat inside, a window table that opens to the patio or along the sidewalk on the patio. I had a steak salad and my guest had a salmon and vegetable dish, both were delicious.Special Features:
- Great Dinning in Santa RosaPeonyDined on 5/11/2013Our multi-generation family enjoyed a great dining experience at Nonni's. The service was spectacular. The waiter knew his food and his wine. There was something for everyone. The salmon piccata special was superb. The salmon was cooked just right and the flavors were well combined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianAmyCVIPDined on 4/27/2013We went here after spending the day in Sonoma and were very hungry. The food was INCREDIBLE. The service was extremely professional and they were able to modify my meal so that I could try two dishes. I will definitely visit again when we go back to Sonoma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful selection of ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013Wonderful selection of Italian food, deserts especially the Italian bread pudding were great. Wine selection very good. Service by staff was very attentive. If we are staying in the Sonoma/Santa Rosa area, Nonni's is one of our favorite restaurants.
- The food was amazing. SomeoneDebbieGDined on 4/6/2013The food was amazing. Someone in our group said the food was better than North Beach in the city .
- Family recipes for home styleTGIFfriendsDined on 4/3/2013Family recipes for home style fare, Nonni's style. We appreciated the server's attention to us - we were the first couple seated for the evening- and we're not disappointed by the food. Classic Italian fare like Grammy made. Cost reasonable too.Special Features:
- Nonni's; surprisingly wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2013We chose to return to this wonderful restaurant for our anniversary. The food is reliably very good. I've had better, but then the price was as additional $50 per person. We look for smaller local restaurants whose staff is committed to going out of their way to make a dining difference. Nonni's is the perfect combination of ambiance, service, and flavor; no pretense here! My wife ordered gnocchi bolognese (not on the menu) and it was great! We have learned to judge Italian restaurants on their bruschetta (easy to make good, challenging to make great). If it isn't really good, we won't go back. Nonni's is on our "A" list of recommendations for our family and friends.Special Features:
- The food was great but theFoodloverVIPDined on 3/23/2013The food was great but the noise level too high and the accordion player was way to loud to be enjoyable. The people were really nice and I might go back if they would promise no accordion.
- Pls lower the music./awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2013Really uncomfortable with the extreme high volume. Music is nice, but as a background. I would like to converse with eating companions. This will prevent my possible return. Turn it down to 1/4 the volume. Even when not attempting to shout over it, that loud decibel was far to much.
- Best Italian food. I grewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Best Italian food. I grew up eating gnocchi made by my Swiss-Italian grandmother. It's hard to get it just right. Nonni's makes it perfect.Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood PlacedonnasdealsVIPDined on 3/12/2013The food here is very good. As was the service. However, we were the lone diners in the restaurant during a quiet weeknight. This colored our experience somewhat......Special Features:
- I had chicken risotto, theOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/5/2013I had chicken risotto, the real deal. Perhaps the best risotto I have ever had!Special Features:
- Food overall was well-prepared.BrigDined on 2/23/2013Food overall was well-prepared. It was solid but not remarkable. Service was nonchalant and not particularly attentive. Prices were somewhat high for this caliber of restaurant.Special Features:
- Strong RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Good, authentic food, and knowledgable, attentive waiters.
- Nonni's Ristorante is truthfullyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Nonni's Ristorante is truthfully one of the best in Sonoma County. I didn't have a single problem with the service or food. Hope this ristorante stays here for a long time because other places that were in there location before didn't make it.Special Features:
- It was Valentines dinner soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013It was Valentines dinner so very crowded and noisy. too many kids for trying to have a special. romantic dinner. Would like to go back when they have their regular expanded menu.Special Features:
- Enjoyed everything, but couldSonomamaestroDined on 2/9/2013Enjoyed everything, but could do without the accordion music. Otherwise, wonderful!Special Features:
- Delicious food!!!! Great service.MeganDined on 2/8/2013Delicious food!!!! Great service. Thank you for a wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- This is a mixed review. OnRickDined on 1/19/2013This is a mixed review. On the positive side, the meal was incredible - very fresh ingredients combined for an exceptional meal done the Italian way. On the critical side, the restaurant doesn't know how to handle high demands. The staff seemed stretched and therefore unattentive. Although we made a reservation through Open Table, we waited 35 minutes to be seated. Other parties without reservations were given a table before us. That's not how a reservation system should work.Special Features:
- I have eaten here a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/19/2013I have eaten here a few times now. The food is always good. The service, this time, was not as good as it's been in the past. It was a busy night and they were either understaffed or their staff was overwhelmed. I didn't get what I ordered but decided it wasn't a big enough deal to send it back. The waitress did tell me she would bring me the correct side but it never came. Once our order was taken we didn't see our waitress again until we were almost done with our dinners. The one thing my family and I found disturbing is that one of the servers had his sweaty shirt almost completely unbuttoned WHILE serving! I've been here a few times so I know that he is the owner's son so I doubt anyone will ever say anything to him. Gross!Special Features: