425 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nonnisbistro.net/
- Phone: (925) 600-0411
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jon Magnusson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nonni's Bistro is available for private functions. Please contact us to make a reservation or request more information. We'd be delighted to host your next event!
- Private Party Contact: Jon Magnusson 9256000411
- Entertainment: Thank you for choosing Nonni"s Bistro. Should your plans change, please let us know. We look forward to serving you.
A word from Nonni's Bistro
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Nonni's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Pleasanton ›
Nonni's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)great for outdoor dining (46)fit for foodies (41)great for brunch (40)great for lunch (35)special occasion (25)romantic (19)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great spot!LindaVIPDined on 11/19/2014Nonni's is a wonderful place. My guest was late for lunch and the staff took such great care of me. They are all cheerful and My eggplant over mixed greens was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a gem!loloayerbeDined on 11/9/2014I ordered the eggs benedict. OMG heaven on earth. We will be come back like all the time. I'm. Now obsessed with their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotikasaurusDined on 11/5/2014Chef is always around. Solid wine list. Curry salad, awesome burgers, and mussels are all standoutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AutumnDined on 11/2/2014Though a full and bustling brunch crowd, our server was remarkable - smart, impeccably attentive, and gracious. The atmosphere was fun-filled and 'energetic'...and, unfortunately, on that day, was extremely noisy, which disappointed my companions. The food, as always, was beautifully and carefully prepared, with a sufficiently varied menu to suit a panoply of tastes. I will certainly return and, when I again introduce others to Nonni's, will take them at a non-peak hour wherein they will be able to fully enjoy all that a dining experience at Nonni's can offer.Special Features:
- foodqueenDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant is a special find! The food and service is excellent. The only draw back is that the tables are so close together that you end up sharing things with your neighbors whether you intend to or not. That would be a drawback for someone looking for a romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True French/European cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The food is excellent. The Beef Bourguignon is as good as what you would have in Paris. Not one of these so-called European restaurants that can't even cook a salmon properly. The food at Nonni's is cooked to perfection, and full of aromas. The set-up is a bit formal, in a very nice way, which makes this place very appropriate for either business meetings, romantic dinners, as well as casual dinners with friends. I have been living in the US for 20 years, travelling to many different cities, etc. This is one of the best restaurant that I have found in the US. and it is priced properly; not one of these steak places that charge you $50 for a steak with no side dishes. Congratulations to the owner, chef, and the entire staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in cool old downtownAvilaFoodGuyDined on 10/19/2014We went late on a Sunday and the restaurant was only half full but we were greeted warmly. The menu has some great choices but we went for the flat iron steak, fries and split a Caesar salad. The dressing on the salad was home made and was really tasty. The steak arrived sliced with a very light sauce made from the beef drippings - adding a really nice touch. Had a solid wine selection and we let the waiter choose us a couple of glasses of a nice local zin which was delightful. Total check was 95 dollar including tax and tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, cozy place for a fine mealLeeodoDined on 10/19/2014Friendly, attentive staff, good range of menu opitions without going overboard. Nice touches like the rose butter carving and splitting the salad for the two of us. Have come here before and will be back.Special Features:
- Yummy chocolate dessertoccasionaldinerDined on 10/18/2014The dinner was very good. The service was excellent. The chocolate dessert was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!JdjnjDined on 10/16/2014Low key delicious dinner in a very comfortable setting. Service couldn't have been better- helpful warm accommodating. If you are in Pleasanton and want a nice dinner - this place is a must! Thank you!Special Features:
- Ninni's BistroMarMirDined on 10/5/2014Delicious food, good service, would recommend for families.Special Features:
- Competition would be welcomed!brunchguestfor4Dined on 10/5/2014One can't beat the ambiance of Nonni's! Located downtown with a neighborhood bistro atmosphere, it's a downtown staple. Beside the fact our the waiter barley missed hitting our guest with a champagnes cork, tipped a glass of water in my lap and could not accommodate our request for a window seat (placed weeks in advance), Nonni's is always a lively place to take guests! A higher standard, less chaotic competitor certainly would be welcomed though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple ElegancedinealotDined on 9/28/2014Nonni's Bistro is a quaint and inviting place where people who love food and good conversation should visit. The restaurant is very quiet and simply decorated to let the food take the focus. Four of us sampled each others selections. We are all foodies. The meals were prepared to perfection. The way I would describe our food experience was simple elegance; decent portions, not overdone on the plate, with wonderful flavors.Special Features:
- Great service, great food!JJSLODined on 9/24/2014We were there for lunch on 9/24, sat outside, and had a lovely time. Two college friends and I met there, ate great food, drank great wine, and were served by the best server I'd had in years. She was pleasant, professional, and on top of it - seemingly effortless! Will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchDragonflyDined on 9/21/2014Great location for brunch- open air seating in the Heart of Pleasanton . Great menu and daily special, service and price were good. Highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014This place was great! I never been here before but decided to have brunch here for my birthday and I couldn't have been more pleased. Food was excellent. It was a little too loud but it was particularly busy that day. I would totally come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Reading the reviews I thought we where driving 95minutes to a great resturant.Resturant was in a great location downtown and the large open windows where lovely.But the food was not great. The onion soup had a hard time finding the onions and the Duck dish was so salty. Was not worth the long drive.Special Features:
- First time dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Service is especially nice. Food is wonderful. Space could be bigger. Noises could be lower. Generally it's a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chewbakka64Dined on 8/31/2014food is always outstanding. mom loves the bagel & lox. the Icelandic beer is great. the owner Jon always give my mom a hug & a kissSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014This is the second year we have eaten at Nonni's (we come annually to Pleasanton for the Highland Games) and the food is really superb - nicely prepared dishes with fresh ingredients and touches of creativity. Everyone enjoyed the carrot ginger soup and goat cheese crepe; the beef bourguignon was excellent, also the special-of-the-day swordfish; the chicken cassoulet is tasty. Desserts are noteworthy: two really liked the marzipan ice cream roll and two enjoyed the vanilla ice cream with sea salt and olive oil, served on a bed of yummy almond cake. The table in the large open window was lovely; servers are friendly and helpful (one a bit pushy), but after a while they forgot about us and we had to flag them down a couple of times.Special Features:
- travelerVIPDined on 8/28/2014the food was great and the patio is a great place to watch what is going on in Pleasanton. The special for the night was Sole and it was outstanding.Special Features:
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Service was very good, very attentive. My wife enjoyed the mussels entree. I had the shrimp with sausage plate was OK, I didn't like the dumplings and sauce.Special Features:
- slthomas1457Dined on 8/20/2014My BFF and I had girls night dinner here. I was drawn to many items on the menu, but decided on the shrimp and gnocchi with a light cream sauce. I was delighted with my pick! The sauce was almost soup like and so flavorful. I used my spoon several times just to sip the sauce. What a bonus to find pieces of sausage among the gnocchi and shrimp as I ate. This is definitely a meal I will come back for. This restaurant only serves beer and wine and since I don't like these I couldn't enjoy a sip of a nice, flavored martini with my meal. That would have been the only thing to take this meal over the top. Loved it!Special Features:
- Satisfied with choice, but ...RAllenDined on 8/14/2014Everything was fine on our visit: We were seated promptly at 6:30 pm on a Thursday, the waiter was reasonably prompt and helpful and the food was very good. No complaints at all. The only thing of note was the waiter's apparent attempt to steer us away from the duck dish that others had recommended. I went with the duck anyway and enjoyed it. My feeling was, if there was something wrong with a dish, don't put it on the menu. If it's on the menu, allow me to order it without unsolicited advice that something else is better. In the end, we were satisfied and I would dine at Nonni's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLynn29VIPDined on 8/10/2014I've been here a few times and have always left feeling meh. This time my husband wanted to try it and I had to say "I told you so". Salmon was overcooked and was served over what appeared to be a bean dish which was apparently not good because neither of the people I was with ate it. The lamb shank was tasty and cooked properly but was covered with a thick gelatinous sauce that almost ruined the lamb. Even the chocolate bread pudding was sub-par. The only good thing I can say about the night was the wine and we brought it ourselves! The server was great, very attentive.
- A local favoriteljk6033Dined on 8/7/2014Where else can you find an Icelandic chef in Pleasanton at a restaurant that serves good food? I had my old favorite, curried chicken salad and loved it again. My husband had the duck which was very nice. The skin was crispy and the meat tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014We've been to Nonni's a few times and never been disappointed. We kicked things off with a little Prosecco and ordered a local Tempranillo for the main meal. To start we split the beef carpaccio, great balance with the arugula, pickle beets cutting through the sauce and beef. For my entree I had the Cassoulet - lots of flavor from the sausage and beans. My wife enjoyed the grilled salmon. Both plates were cleaned. To finished things off we split the Crème Brûlée - those little bit of chocolate really setting it off. The place was very busy for a Tuesday night and the staff attentive if a little run off their feet. Now firmly established as a local favorite and one we will be going back to.Special Features:
- Great Find in PleasantonCuriousFoodieDined on 8/3/2014My husband found this cute place on Main Street in Pleasanton and brought me in to try out the delicious brunch foods. He ordered the Eggs Benedict once and then the Veggie Omelet. Both were good, but the second time the Hollandaise sauce was lukewarm and under seasoned. I've tried the Grilled Lamb Salad, which was really good. The only thing I didn't like about it was the lamb was served as a big steak on top of the greens. It would have been a lot easier to eat if the lamb had been sliced up. The second time I ordered the Breakfast Pot with a side of Hollandaise, and it was delicious! The coffee is great, the English muffin-yum, and the atmosphere is really quaint. This is one of the better breakfast places we have found in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ponderous foodMtnmadDined on 8/2/2014The main courses were all heavy weights. If a diner didn't want a dinner salad,there wasn't much selection for fare lighter in protein smd fat.Special Features:
- DinnerWinelover67Dined on 7/24/2014Recently, I had dinner with a business colleague at Nonni's. It was my first visit. The waiter was excellent in that he allowed us plenty of time to discuss our business while graciously asking if we were ready order our entree. The food was excellent. We had the evening special; a grilled Salmon over polenta base. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricDined on 7/24/2014Dinner for 5 was handled very nicely. Food was very good and descrribed accurately by the waiter. Wine list could have been larger but what was available was fine and fairly priced. No rush to get you out of the restaurant after the meal, very relaxed and pleasing.Special Features:
- The following 444 reviews are from the Nonni's Bistro reviews archive.
- Fun TimeJohnyGirlDined on 7/21/2014I enjoyed the late dinner. The food was delicious and the service excellent. Although we were the second-to-the -last diners there that evening, they made us feel comfortable and did not "push us out". It's a sweet place with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant, Excellent SErviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I went there for his birthday dinner last Saturday. It was our first time there, and we are glad we went and would like to go back there. It is a small but homey place - very personable service and good, unique food. Aside from a house salad, we ordered "The Thor" for appetizer, which was herring with three different sauces/flavor, plus smoked salmon and French Pâté, on a bed of vegetable. For our main courses, I had the braised lamb shank, and my husband had the daily special: grilled salmon, serviced with risotto with Italian sausage and clams. Both dishes were very tasty and good portion - we each take some home so that we had room for dessert. Overall, we were very glad we were there!Special Features:
- The special was not so specialck925Dined on 7/11/2014-And the wine was god awful. I had the salmon and shrimp special and it didn't taste fresh at all. The goat cheese brie appetizer was pretty yummy. The service was pretty good but I need better food.
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The eggplant sandwich is always delicious. Delightful to eat outside. Having to use blankets as an option if cold out is very nice. Love that the chef comes out always to say hello, nice personal touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A findTwanderDined on 6/30/2014Great food, great place, highly recommend that you try this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family AffairjacksonDined on 6/27/2014Nonni's is a gem of a downtown Pleasanton restuarant. The owner/chief is quite friendly and believe he is from Iceland. Food is creative without being over the top and the wine list features many local Livermore valley bottles....which is nice to see. Ambience is cozy and comfortable and our guests and first timers really loved the place. Owners son waited our table. Nice kid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- varied menu delicious!LoloDined on 6/22/2014A platter of Danish style appetizers was wonderful and my mussels and frites outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try Nonni'sSchoolSecretaryDined on 6/22/2014We have eaten here for a weekend breakfast and for dinner. We are always very satisfied. It's a very nice place with very nice service and very nice food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great againculebraDined on 6/19/2014Second time we ate here and it was just as good as before. Nice selection on menu. Well prepared and good presentation. Excellent service. Get a table by the window. Mussels were great with fries. Short ribs with mashed potatoes had excellent taste. Fresh swordfish well prepared on bed of mixed couscous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.