425 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nonnisbistro.net/
- Phone: 9256000411
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jon Magnusson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nonni's Bistro is available for private functions. Please contact us to make a reservation or request more information. We'd be delighted to host your next event!
- Private Party Contact: Jon Magnusson 9256000411
- Entertainment: Thank you for choosing Nonni"s Bistro. Should your plans change, please let us know. We look forward to serving you.
A word from Nonni's Bistro
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Nonni's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Pleasanton ›
Nonni's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)great for outdoor dining (55)fit for foodies (44)great for brunch (39)great for lunch (39)special occasion (36)romantic (16)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (8)good for groups (7)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Reading the reviews I thought we where driving 95minutes to a great resturant.Resturant was in a great location downtown and the large open windows where lovely.But the food was not great. The onion soup had a hard time finding the onions and the Duck dish was so salty. Was not worth the long drive.Special Features:
- First time dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Service is especially nice. Food is wonderful. Space could be bigger. Noises could be lower. Generally it's a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chewbakka64Dined on 8/31/2014food is always outstanding. mom loves the bagel & lox. the Icelandic beer is great. the owner Jon always give my mom a hug & a kissSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014This is the second year we have eaten at Nonni's (we come annually to Pleasanton for the Highland Games) and the food is really superb - nicely prepared dishes with fresh ingredients and touches of creativity. Everyone enjoyed the carrot ginger soup and goat cheese crepe; the beef bourguignon was excellent, also the special-of-the-day swordfish; the chicken cassoulet is tasty. Desserts are noteworthy: two really liked the marzipan ice cream roll and two enjoyed the vanilla ice cream with sea salt and olive oil, served on a bed of yummy almond cake. The table in the large open window was lovely; servers are friendly and helpful (one a bit pushy), but after a while they forgot about us and we had to flag them down a couple of times.Special Features:
- travelerVIPDined on 8/28/2014the food was great and the patio is a great place to watch what is going on in Pleasanton. The special for the night was Sole and it was outstanding.Special Features:
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Service was very good, very attentive. My wife enjoyed the mussels entree. I had the shrimp with sausage plate was OK, I didn't like the dumplings and sauce.Special Features:
- slthomas1457Dined on 8/20/2014My BFF and I had girls night dinner here. I was drawn to many items on the menu, but decided on the shrimp and gnocchi with a light cream sauce. I was delighted with my pick! The sauce was almost soup like and so flavorful. I used my spoon several times just to sip the sauce. What a bonus to find pieces of sausage among the gnocchi and shrimp as I ate. This is definitely a meal I will come back for. This restaurant only serves beer and wine and since I don't like these I couldn't enjoy a sip of a nice, flavored martini with my meal. That would have been the only thing to take this meal over the top. Loved it!Special Features:
- Satisfied with choice, but ...RAllenDined on 8/14/2014Everything was fine on our visit: We were seated promptly at 6:30 pm on a Thursday, the waiter was reasonably prompt and helpful and the food was very good. No complaints at all. The only thing of note was the waiter's apparent attempt to steer us away from the duck dish that others had recommended. I went with the duck anyway and enjoyed it. My feeling was, if there was something wrong with a dish, don't put it on the menu. If it's on the menu, allow me to order it without unsolicited advice that something else is better. In the end, we were satisfied and I would dine at Nonni's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLynn29VIPDined on 8/10/2014I've been here a few times and have always left feeling meh. This time my husband wanted to try it and I had to say "I told you so". Salmon was overcooked and was served over what appeared to be a bean dish which was apparently not good because neither of the people I was with ate it. The lamb shank was tasty and cooked properly but was covered with a thick gelatinous sauce that almost ruined the lamb. Even the chocolate bread pudding was sub-par. The only good thing I can say about the night was the wine and we brought it ourselves! The server was great, very attentive.
- A local favoriteljk6033Dined on 8/7/2014Where else can you find an Icelandic chef in Pleasanton at a restaurant that serves good food? I had my old favorite, curried chicken salad and loved it again. My husband had the duck which was very nice. The skin was crispy and the meat tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014We've been to Nonni's a few times and never been disappointed. We kicked things off with a little Prosecco and ordered a local Tempranillo for the main meal. To start we split the beef carpaccio, great balance with the arugula, pickle beets cutting through the sauce and beef. For my entree I had the Cassoulet - lots of flavor from the sausage and beans. My wife enjoyed the grilled salmon. Both plates were cleaned. To finished things off we split the Crème Brûlée - those little bit of chocolate really setting it off. The place was very busy for a Tuesday night and the staff attentive if a little run off their feet. Now firmly established as a local favorite and one we will be going back to.Special Features:
- Great Find in PleasantonCuriousFoodieDined on 8/3/2014My husband found this cute place on Main Street in Pleasanton and brought me in to try out the delicious brunch foods. He ordered the Eggs Benedict once and then the Veggie Omelet. Both were good, but the second time the Hollandaise sauce was lukewarm and under seasoned. I've tried the Grilled Lamb Salad, which was really good. The only thing I didn't like about it was the lamb was served as a big steak on top of the greens. It would have been a lot easier to eat if the lamb had been sliced up. The second time I ordered the Breakfast Pot with a side of Hollandaise, and it was delicious! The coffee is great, the English muffin-yum, and the atmosphere is really quaint. This is one of the better breakfast places we have found in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ponderous foodMtnmadDined on 8/2/2014The main courses were all heavy weights. If a diner didn't want a dinner salad,there wasn't much selection for fare lighter in protein smd fat.Special Features:
- DinnerWinelover67Dined on 7/24/2014Recently, I had dinner with a business colleague at Nonni's. It was my first visit. The waiter was excellent in that he allowed us plenty of time to discuss our business while graciously asking if we were ready order our entree. The food was excellent. We had the evening special; a grilled Salmon over polenta base. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricDined on 7/24/2014Dinner for 5 was handled very nicely. Food was very good and descrribed accurately by the waiter. Wine list could have been larger but what was available was fine and fairly priced. No rush to get you out of the restaurant after the meal, very relaxed and pleasing.Special Features:
- Fun TimeJohnyGirlDined on 7/21/2014I enjoyed the late dinner. The food was delicious and the service excellent. Although we were the second-to-the -last diners there that evening, they made us feel comfortable and did not "push us out". It's a sweet place with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant, Excellent SErviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I went there for his birthday dinner last Saturday. It was our first time there, and we are glad we went and would like to go back there. It is a small but homey place - very personable service and good, unique food. Aside from a house salad, we ordered "The Thor" for appetizer, which was herring with three different sauces/flavor, plus smoked salmon and French Pâté, on a bed of vegetable. For our main courses, I had the braised lamb shank, and my husband had the daily special: grilled salmon, serviced with risotto with Italian sausage and clams. Both dishes were very tasty and good portion - we each take some home so that we had room for dessert. Overall, we were very glad we were there!Special Features:
- The special was not so specialck925Dined on 7/11/2014-And the wine was god awful. I had the salmon and shrimp special and it didn't taste fresh at all. The goat cheese brie appetizer was pretty yummy. The service was pretty good but I need better food.
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The eggplant sandwich is always delicious. Delightful to eat outside. Having to use blankets as an option if cold out is very nice. Love that the chef comes out always to say hello, nice personal touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A findTwanderDined on 6/30/2014Great food, great place, highly recommend that you try this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family AffairjacksonDined on 6/27/2014Nonni's is a gem of a downtown Pleasanton restuarant. The owner/chief is quite friendly and believe he is from Iceland. Food is creative without being over the top and the wine list features many local Livermore valley bottles....which is nice to see. Ambience is cozy and comfortable and our guests and first timers really loved the place. Owners son waited our table. Nice kid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- varied menu delicious!LoloDined on 6/22/2014A platter of Danish style appetizers was wonderful and my mussels and frites outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try Nonni'sSchoolSecretaryDined on 6/22/2014We have eaten here for a weekend breakfast and for dinner. We are always very satisfied. It's a very nice place with very nice service and very nice food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great againculebraDined on 6/19/2014Second time we ate here and it was just as good as before. Nice selection on menu. Well prepared and good presentation. Excellent service. Get a table by the window. Mussels were great with fries. Short ribs with mashed potatoes had excellent taste. Fresh swordfish well prepared on bed of mixed couscous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodgodsDined on 6/15/2014What a little gem! Def. worth the drive to Pleasantant (sp.). Delish food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day brunchGiants2010Dined on 6/15/2014Took the family including the in-laws, my dad, my sister, wife and kids to brunch on Father's Day. Food was good. Service seemed unprepared for the rush of the day. The menu did not include kids items. Strange since it was Father's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- silverstreakDined on 6/15/2014The first time we went it was spot on. The second time the food was semi-cold. The noise level was very high.Special Features:
- Great spot with a great locationChrisDined on 6/14/2014We split the house salad with the basil vinaigrette which was very good. My wife got the steak and frites which was also really good. I got the duck with barley risotto. The flavors were really good but it was to much sauce. It almost looked like a stew. Overall very good and I would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DinersRichDined on 6/13/2014Had dinner for the first time at Nonni's on Friday. While the Goat Cheese Crepe was very nice, and I enjoyed the short ribs, my wife found the duck to be absoluely amazing. It was moist, tender, and delicious. The wine list, while not exensive, has some very nice local wines. A restaurant to return to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Great food! My mom thought it was the best salad she has ever had. I had the goat cheese crepe which was yummy! Waiter was extremely nice and courteous . Loved the window table we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply delightfulChingVIPDined on 6/7/2014What can I say, the food was great and the service was impeccable. As the saying goes, keep it simple and people keeps on coming backSpecial Features:
- A Pleasant ExperienceCandKatplayDined on 6/3/2014We had friendly and attentive service and the food was different, healthy (fresh fish and barley risotto) and delicious. The food presentation was appealing and the amount just enough and the continental-style ambiance suited us perfectly. It was our anniversary dinner,we sat outside; I had a good glass of summer rose and my husband had an imported beer from Iceland. We also agreed that the price was reasonable for downtown Pleasanton dining. This is our fourth time there and it is becoming our favorite downtown dining spot.Special Features:
- Wonderful Spot!ptowndinerDined on 5/28/2014Nonni's is my favorite place to meet my girlfriends for brunch, lunch or dinner! The service and food is OUTSTANDING!Special Features:
- Pleasanton favoriterosskDined on 5/25/2014Whenever we're in Pleasanton, I try to make sure we stop by Nonni's for a meal. The chef works hard at creating great food and a nice setting in which to eat. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 424 reviews are from the Nonni's Bistro reviews archive.
- food just okFirstTimeDined on 5/23/2014If you do visit this restaurant. try the Salmon. my husband said it was good. I had the Acorn squash. or maybe i should day i had a plate of barley with a little bit of squash. once the waiter took our order we did not see him again until he gave us the bill. He did ask how the food was I told him it was just ok his comment was oh and did not want to know why/what the issue was. He just quickly left the table.
- Nonnis is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/16/2014The owner is welcomng and works really hard to ensure you have a great meal and enjoyable time .
- Delicious and fresh foodsfgenieDined on 5/14/2014I had been introduced to Nonni's by a client who frequents the restaurant. I was so impressed with the freshness of the ingredients and the friendly service. I decided to order The Club and it was amazing! Roasted turkey, crispy THICK bacon, ripe avocados, cheese, tomato, lettuce served on a fresh rosemary ciabatta roll. Along with the sandwich you have the choice of fries, a cup of soup, salad or caesar salad. I love soup and have ordered the mushroom soup and the spring vegetable soup and they were both delicious. If they are ever on the menu, do yourself a favor and order a big bowl of it. I wished I had! Restaurant is cute with nice touches like fresh flowers and a decanter of water with slices of orange at your table. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT!LovelybrideDined on 5/11/2014Nonni's does it again! Thank you for a lovely and delicious Mother's Day dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day GemLivermorejimDined on 5/11/2014We had a table for 6 in this small venue and were skeptical of upcoming service due to how busy it was. We were pleasantly surprised by our waiter being there immediately, offering drinks and tips on the menus. The bottomless mimosas were a hit, as were the awesome choices for brunch. Corned Beef Benedict was a treet, as were the traditional ones. Few restaurants serve bangers for breakfast, but Nonni's features them. Perfect for our English lady of the day! Highly recommend this "sleeper" for great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but needs service improvementMissrach22Dined on 5/10/2014I took my mom here with a few of our family for a Mother's Day breakfast, the food was great, mimosa's were excellent, they bring kids a big piece of paper and crayons for coloring but they definitely needed more servers. We had to get up from our table a few times to get help, otherwise we loved it and would recommend it!Special Features: