Nonna's - West Chester
116 East Gay Street
West Chester, PA 19380Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nonna's - West Chester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nonnaswc.com/
- Phone: 6104300203x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 4:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for different options on private dinning.
- Private Party Contact: Laszlo 610-430-0203x
- Entertainment: We have live music some Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
A word from Nonna's - West Chester
We are an Italian Restaurant located in downtown West Chester. We offer casual dinning in a relaxing atmosphere, with live music on Friday and Saturday nights, and also BYOB Sunday and Tuesdays for a $5 corking fee.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nonna's - West Chester reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance2Noise LevelEnergetic
- Wow. And not in a good way.QueenBDined on 4/25/2014The food was terrible and the service sad worse. I was hoping for any part of Avalon to show up- be it a course or an accommodating waitperson. Wouldn't go back.
- Dueling Piano's NightFrankVIPDined on 4/17/2014Fun night with great food and Dining Miles. Need to extend those to Friday's Please.Special Features:
- Nonna's ClosedFillyFoodieDined on 4/17/2014It was the last week before becoming Avalon. I will try again when its officially Avalon. Server was a bit annoying and over eager. Entrees were inconsistent in quality.Special Features:
- New location, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/17/2014Food, drinks, wine, all were excellent. This new location for Avalon has all the great food you expected at the High Street location in better surroundings. We had the Chef's Table, and all the selections were great. With lots nearby, parking is much less of a problem. Wish JBL the best of luck here and , as always , look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Friday at Nonna'sFrankVIPDined on 4/11/2014Liking the new changes and menu. Hope for more menu additions. The fish specials are just that, special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like the new look and new menuFrankVIPDined on 4/4/2014This was our first dine since the change in ownership. We enjoyed our meals and the great service we get from Megan and Neal in the bar. We are looking forward to more possitive changes in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good ItalianmaryVIPDined on 3/29/2014Went with the family expecting good home style italian food. due to the ownership change much of the menu was drastically changed from when we were there previously. What remained, gnocchi, cioppino, fish special was all flavorless. Waitress was friendly although she forgot to serve a side dish. We don't expect to return in the near future.
- Fabulous new menu!pezz77VIPDined on 3/22/2014We made a last minute reservation to check out Nonna's new menu (under new ownership) on Saturday. The food and service were outstanding and the new menu style is fantastic. We had the fried mozzarella and baked calamari for appetizers and we both had seafood pasta dishes that were cooked wonderfully. Also tried two different cocktails (a vodka lemonata and a dirty martini) that we mixed very well. Overall loved the changes that are being made and the food! Will be visiting for their happy hour bar and appetizers menu, which sound like a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baked manicottti and Mango/coconutgsiterDined on 3/21/2014Baked manicottti and Mango/coconut martini were great, service was also very good, drink came out wrong due a change in servers? but they fixed it right away. noise level however was almost to loud to have a conversation at our own table.Special Features:
- AwesomeChristoellaDined on 3/21/2014Everything was great. Place was ok until the Avalon took over...now its just awesome. ...everything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedBKS167Dined on 3/8/2014My wife and I were at Nonna's a few months ago and had a TREMENDOUS experience...we raved about it to our friends. Unfortunately, when we dined there this past Friday, we realized that it was under new ownership (the prior owner and his wife were sitting next to us). The prior owner even said to the new owner "it's different..." When we sat down, we received a booklet and two pieces of paper. We were under the impression (based on our prior experience) that the sheet of paper was the specials and the book was the menu...not the case. We were so excited to dine here...our food was descent, but such a small portion. Really wish the old owner was back in the business...Special Features:
- Not what was advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014We've been quite a few times before & decided this was exactly what we fancied. Having checked a couple of recent reviews criticizing the menu, I looked at the menu on-line & decided it looked just fine. We got to the table to be handed a single sheet of paper that was apparently the menu. Nothing shown on the web-site was shown on the paper & frankly neither of us fancied anything on offer. We relayed this to the server who acknowledged that the menu was supposed to be taken down from the web-site. She then asked what it was we were after, and we stated simple pasta dishes, thinking she may offer for them to make them up, but she didn't. We got charged of the bottle of water we ordered prior to leaving the place.
- ExcellentPasoccermomDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I ate at Nonnas last Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of food and the expertise of our waitress! We shared the best calamari fritti I have ever had! Light yet crisp batter with extremely tender rings! I had the chicken piccata with polenta and fresh spinach! I ate the plate clean! My husband had the crab ravioli which was also excellent! All Topped off by a bottle of super Tuscan wine! The meal and service were beyond excellent! We will definitely be back! One of my new faves in WC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nite outPat55Dined on 3/7/2014Service and food were excellent. Our seating was near a vent that was blowing cold air on us. We complained numerous times but the problem wasn't fixed. They should have compensated us for the unpleasant conditions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The switcheroo...BobbyGDined on 3/1/2014So this place was just bought by Avalon of West Chester, and you can already tell a difference. Menu is smaller, the food was better, and the servers were definitely on their game. I'm definitely excited for the change.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were looking foward togoodfoodourquestDined on 3/1/2014We were looking foward to a nice night out and found a restaurant where the servers were not great....an example is the dessert menu given to us without anything described and what we ordered was not available. Menu offerings much smaller than previous visits.....save money and try another restaurant.
- …Just as good as the first timemurphquakeDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I went back to Nonna's to see if it was as good as we remembered it the first time, and to our enjoyment it was…the bar had a very talented piano player so while we waited we listened to a wonderful set of songs, even when we went to our table it seemed to be the ambiance in the background of our meal…Dinner was great, true Italian, fresh pastas, and a great time…our waitress was also very good and attentive...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2014We felt the menu was limited. Our selections were very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seemed different than previous dineKhop25Dined on 2/22/2014The food was good, but it seemed to be a limited menu...unlike a previous visit. The service was mediocre. Dessert we ordered from the menu, but the waitress came back and said they were out...what else would we like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnhappyUnhappyDined on 2/14/2014Food was bad. The dish we ordered did not come with the same ingredients on the menu and sauce tasted like chief boy ardee
- Romantic Setting-Good FoodBryanDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I just visited for Valentine's Day. The ambiance was romantic and the food (even though there was a selective menu) was great. Service was so-so.Special Features:
- Valentine's DayNicole94Dined on 2/14/2014Went to dinner fairly early, many tables were empty. They had a special menu for the night. I'm assuming that since they were preparing for a busy night ahead of them, our waitress felt the need to rush us out of there. We finished our dinner in 50 minutes (we also had an appetizer). That to me is just a very short dinner for a romantic night. The food was okay, nothing I'm going to take away from but I don't have any complaints.Special Features:
- New Owners? Poor MenuKvanderDined on 2/8/2014We made reservations this past Saturday for what was supposed to be a birthday celebration. We have always enjoyed the location. We frequently dined at the previous restaurant (Albertos). Once Nonna's took over, we occasionally dined there and enjoyed the meal. This Saturday turned out to be a disappointment. After making the reservation, I went on line and perused the menu. A number of items jumped out at me. Looked to be a great night. Upon arrival, we were seated on time. We were handed a single sheet of paper (which I thought were the specials). Unfortunatly, it was "the menu". Upon inquiring, I was told that is the menu and they are under new management. The selection was very basic and bland. We decided to go elsewhere.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/1/2014The food was pretty good. We were in back room area, so live music was enjoyable without being too loud. Our waitress was nice, but our orders took forever to come out and she failed to provide an explanation as to why. A couple that sat down while we were getting our apps got served before us, so I'm not exaggerating in the wait. I just thought it strange for her not to give an apology or at least an explanation. Overall, it is pretty good Italian food. Wine is overpriced, but they do offer byo on certain nights. Service was lacking a bit, but we enjoyed it and would probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Get-togetherRoyThreeVIPDined on 1/25/2014We had a small family get-together with a party of six. Our server, Phyllis, was excellent in every way. Great food, great conversation, great experience. Nonna's continues to be one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Table tightBrianMDined on 1/25/2014Food was great. Table tight but manageable. The live music was quality, but much too loud for the small space. Conversation was difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new Limoncello!CyndiDined on 1/25/2014One year ago we came and it was quiet and empty! We still loved it! In one year this place was hopping! I think it might be the new hot spot! Love the ambiance! We got a great deal- $100 off! Great drinks, homemade dessert! Very nice evening out. Thank you Nonna's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a treat!Libra89Dined on 1/24/2014had a great time on Friday night! Band was playing bar was hopping! Food was amazing from the appitizer to the wine to the dinner! cant wait to go back again!Special Features:
- First time at Nonna's Won't be lastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/20/2014Went for birthday celebration. Quiet table in the back for the 5 of us. Service was excellent. Never felt rushed. Lots to choose from both drinks and food. Food was outstanding. Large portions. We all took home our "doggie" bag and meal was just as good when re-heated. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE Nonna's! Kalin our waitressJenAVIPDined on 1/13/2014LOVE Nonna's! Kalin our waitress was outstanding - very nice, attentive..dinner was excellent! I strongly suggest the Cream of Asparagus w/chicken soup.Special Features:
- Diamond in the RoughDoubleDDined on 1/9/2014Nonna's was a great surprise, we have wanted to try it for a while and never had a chance but so happy we did finally find it. The food is like it came directly from an Italian grandmother and the staff are very friendly and extremely helpful with suggesting wines and food. THIS PLACE IS A DON'T MISS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been wanting to try thisMariaVIPDined on 1/5/2014I've been wanting to try this restaurant for a long time and finally did this past weekend. It's a little pricey for italian food but overall was a good meal. It was very quiet the nighh we were there and we had very good service. Food was decent but I'm not the best that I've ever had. And although I'm sure I would go back I'm not in a hurry toI would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesTaddDined on 1/3/2014There were five in our party. Everyone was pleased with the presentation, taste, and amount of food of each dish. We all enough for lunch the next day. Desserts are a bit pricey $7 each, but again, large portions and delicious. The waitress was very attentive and friendly. We look forward to our next visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveFamily3Dined on 12/31/2013Nonna's has become our New Year's Eve dinner spot. Place was packed with nice people. Service was spotty, but it was New Year's Eve. There were plenty of servers and they were all running marathons. My pork osso bucco was incredible. Crowd at the bar was a lot of fun. Band was a lot of fun. Overall we enjoyed ourselves a lot. The longer wait for our meal was actually welcome because we wanted to linger on this special night.Special Features:
- Great Experience!SandyJDined on 12/31/2013We went to Nonna's for a New Year's Eve dinner and had a wonderful time. As always, the food is great and has that good home-cooked taste and feel. The chocolate chip bread pudding was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/30/2013Waitress slow, forgot food, had an attitude and the food was bad. Just bad! It's Italian - can't be that difficult! Shame they can't get it right.Special Features:
- Overall Nice TimeChickmanDined on 12/26/2013We went to Nonna's to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Were seated right away and waited on in a timely manner. My husband ordered rack of lamb and was very undercooked but the server was very apologetic and had it taken back to the kitchen to correct. Had to wait a bit and for this, she offered us complimentary desserts which was a nice touch. Food was good once we got it back cooked correctly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013Good service. Good menu selection. All 4 entrees were good. Wedge salad special was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor serviceDonnaDined on 12/18/2013The food was very good. Lobster ravoli was delicious. The lemon cake dessert was yummy. There was a large party in the restaurant while we were dining, the noise level was VERY high. I read in some of the reviews that service was slow at this restaurant, my experience definitely confirmed what everyone was talking about. Our reservation was for 6:30, we were seated promptly and other than the large group the restaurant was essentially empty. After we ordered our dinner it took 45 minutes to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit a disappointmentWilsonDined on 12/15/2013Very disappointed in our meal this visit. The calamari was tough and rubbery and saltimbocca was flavorless. Grilled salmon was okay but nothing special. We were seated in a small room off of the mail dinning room. We shared this small space with a party of 12 or 14. Consequently, the noise level was excruciating and the patrons at that table kept shouting out liquor orders to the waiter. He ran around like a chicken without a head trying to keep them fueled so he didn't have much time for us. We definitely will not be returning.