Nonna's - South
3512 South National
Springfield, MO 65807Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nonna's - South
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nonnascafe.com/
- Phone: 4178908300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am-4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Tinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please view our catering menu for off site catering options.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a single semi-private room that seats a maxim capacity of 50.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn Kraft 4175762762
A word from Nonna's - South
Nonna's Italian Cafe's is a traditional Italian-American restaurant. We serve delicious food in large portions at family friendly prices in a relaxed, casual,and family oriented atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nonna's - South reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very Pleased!lauraDined on 8/16/2013The food was wonderful! I think the overall feel was okay but the food will make us come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Anniversary DinnerSuzieDined on 8/3/2013We really appreciated the service from our server Dillion! Since this was an 30th anniversary dinner, & it was just me and my husband, Dillon was very helpful in suggesting certain items on the menu when he asked what are tastes were. I ordered the Shrimp Fettucine & my husband tried the Italian Sausage with grilled green peppers and onions on a bed of fresh polenta. We had never experienced polenta before and loved the flavors together with the sausage and veggies. We loved that someone was playing music softly in the background and the atmosphere was perfect for talking without tons of noise. Dillion gets 5 stars with us! He even said when we come back he will suggest something new for us to try again! Looking forward to that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, absolutely fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013Awesome food, absolutely fantastic service! We went there to celebrate a birthday and it w as perfect!Special Features:
- I have eaten at Nonna's onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013I have eaten at Nonna's on South Street many times. It is great to have a second location that is more accessible and easier to park. The food at both locations is always freshly prepared and is presented well. If Italian cuisine is what you are looking for then you will not go wrong at either Nonna's location. Table location is a treat at the South Street location. You can watch your food being prepared if your table is on the balcony. DCSpecial Features:
- The food was very good, theCharliecDined on 10/13/2012The food was very good, the staff friendly, other than a little confusion where they could not find the wine I ordered it was a very pleasant meal. We will return when we are in Springfield again.Special Features:
- This was our first time atSusieBoVIPDined on 10/9/2012This was our first time at Nonna's and while we found the food great, beware of the bread basket! Our table was the only one without olive oil (we didn't discover this until we were almost done with our meal) and if we would've had that...the bread with the small container of PURE ground garlic and another of parmesan cheese, would've been great. Nothing was explained and when I put a spoonful of the garlic on my Italian bread (very fresh!)...I can't describe how awful and powerful that bite was! Anyway, we both ordered different dishes...I had the spanikota and my husband had the spaghetti and meatballs. Both dishes were great and we were full.Special Features:
- Nonna's refreshed and expandedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2012We'd previously enjoyed the Nonna's downtown, so were pretty familiar with what the fare would be. But I have to say there seems to have been some spice added to the new menu with some expanded options available (or maybe my memory is just bad!). All the favorites are still around as well. I have to say that while the new place doesn't have the older downtown feel to it, the decor is quite nice and, arguably, better suited for dining. The booth we were in was slightly cramped, but the center of the room had open movable tables that seem very flexible for accommodating groups of all sizes. Our waitress must've been new. While efficient it was disappointing that she didn't know what Compari was in an Italian restaurantSpecial Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012Our waitress was more interested in one of the male cooks than she was us. It took 15 minutes before anyone came to check on us, and after we received the food the waitress checked on us once. The place was empty and we still received horrible service.Special Features:
- Nonna's is the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012For great Italian cuisine...Nonna's is #1. The service is always good. The food is outstanding and the price is really not bad considering the amount of food you get. We typicially always get the Pasta Fagioli soup and ceasar salad for starters, then my husband gets the Spaghetti with italian sausage, which he says is the best he has had...and we have been to Italy, and I enjoy the Penne Arrabiatta, which is a bit spicy but delicious and what better way to top off a great italian meal than with the tiramisu and creme brulee, which is the best!Special Features: