Nonna's Ristorante & Bar
One Mickey Mantle Dr.
Oklahoma City, OK 73104Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Nonna's Ristorante & Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nonnas.com/
- Phone: (405) 235-4410
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11am - 2pm; Afternoon Menu: Tuesday - Saturday: 2pm - 5pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5pm - 10pm; Purple Bar remains open Friday and Saturday until midnight for appetizers and drinks
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Continental
- Executive Chef: Noe Alvarado and Brent Schmidt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Nonna's has a wide selection of luxurious on-site spaces to fit any event. Whether you desire a quaint dinner party or a grandiose banquet, Nonna's will prepare an extraordinary event to remember.
- Entertainment: The Purple Bar and second floor patio overlooking Bricktown offers live music Friday and Saturday evenings.Entertainment is also available for private parties upon request.
- Cross Street: Corner of Sheridan Ave and Mickey Mantle Dr
- Public Transit: The Oklahoma Spirit Trolleys travel throughout the downtown area with two stops less than a block from Nonna's; one on Sheridan and the other on Mickey Mantle. Travel either the Red Line or Blue Line.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available during lunch and dinner service and is always $5. Also, the Bricktown Parking Garage is located on Sheridan and is just one block east of Nonna's. Parking in Downtown OKC is easy, affordable, convenient and abundant with more than 20,000 public parking spaces including over 1300 on street meter spots!
A word from Nonna's Ristorante & Bar
Nonna's Euro-American Ristorante and Bar, located in the "Heart of Bricktown" in a 90 year old warehouse, is 3 floors of bakery, fine dining, and pure fun! From top to bottom, Nonna's offers an eclectic atmosphere featuring Euro-American cuisine. Don't forget the beautiful Purple Bar; and the specialty gift store - Painted Door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Nonna's Ristorante & Bar - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Nonna's Ristorante & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (62)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (38)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (19)hot spot (14)great for brunch (12)late-night find (11)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Nonna's Favorite is a favorite!StagegirlpegDined on 11/22/2014I will miss this restaurant when it closes at the end of the year. It's the whole package, the ambiance, the food, the friendly wait staff. I hope she sells a cookbook of her Nonna's recipes, especially the Nonna's Favorite (meatballs and spaghetti) AND the Chocolate Pot De Creme dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a shame we're losing Nonna'sDaveDined on 11/22/2014We went to Nonna's after we heard that it's due to close January 1, 2015 for one last trip through one of our favorite Brick Town restaurants. The food, as always, was over the top. We ordered the pick three appetizers, which was a meal in itself. We had the best mushrooms, Nonna's famous crab pile, and cheese sticks as big as twinkles. Afterward, we had salads that were wonderful and steak that melted in our mouths. It's been ten years coming, but it'll be a sad day when Nonna's is no more because it's one of the best places for a romantic evening or even a nice business lunch in Brick Town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Star All AroundOKHer7Dined on 11/22/2014The wait staff was attentive and menu informative. The dining room was classy and comfortable. The Smoked Chicken with maple glaze was the best chicken I have ever tasted. The vegetable sides complimented the entry well. The Creme Brûlée w/fresh strawberries was wonderful. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone and am deeply saddened from the news they are closing at the end of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentvtdaveDined on 11/20/20146 were there for dinner. Great food. Exfellent service. All made for a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place.amipatDined on 11/18/2014This isn't my favorite restaurant in OK City but it is very good. I was last there with a group of 6 and service was just ok-not bad just nothing special. Food has always been good at Nonna's. They have a nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take out-of-town guestsMerlineDined on 11/18/2014Our friends from Florida really enjoyed the ambiance, the varied menu, and the wine lists. And we gals loved the gift shop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYSONEALWAYSONEDined on 11/15/2014My husband and celebrated my birthday and the atmosphere was perfect--it is so beautiful with perfect lighting! Franco was our waiter and he was so competent! We had the mushroom appetizer and it was delicious! My husband ordered the chicken pot pie and was very pleased with his choice. I ordered the chicken enchiladas and was too full from my appetizer and salad to eat it. (It was wonderful for my dinner the next night!). Of course I had dessert---the coconut cream pie was awesome! I just read that Nonna's is closing at the end of the year--boo hoo! I would strongly encourage you, if you haven't been there, hurry and treat yourself to a wonderful experience! All the food is fresh and specially made--you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I remembered...JayyDined on 11/14/2014I had eaten here once before and I remember it being good. This last experience not so much. Everything was very nice.... except the food. I hate to be harsh... but every single thing was mediocre. The best thing was the bread! It wasn't terrible... It just wasn't on the level I was expecting. When you pay $120 for dinner and a few drinks you'd expect to walk away feeling like you just had a real treat.Special Features:
- Private Room great for meetingBruceByronDined on 11/11/2014Liberty Room seating 10 was perfect for business meeting I hosted. Service good, food outstanding.Special Features:
- Great service - bad dessertJadubya405Dined on 11/8/2014Hostess was fantastic and set our group in a private room for late night dessert / cocktails. Our server was absolutely outstanding. However, the dessert was a mixed bag.....cookies were hard and tasted like paper bags. Red velvet was marginal....recipe at house is much better. Icing was like paste. Italian cream cake was good but not mind blowing. Very disappointed in the food. Cocktails were reasonable and server comped to dessert items after we expressed concern. I would return to give them another shot due to the great service and desire to please the customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the Spot!!SunShineSue14Dined on 11/8/2014Very nice dining experience. Wanted to eat upstairs at the Purple Bar.... a bit noisy for an early meal but beautiful room and excellent service. Food was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattycakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014What a gentle/calm/relaxing place to dine! It was so nice to not have loud music to deal with and we were able to visit in low voices. The ambiance and lighting were very well done...the pendant lamps over the table were perfect for lighting the table and not my face. The roast beef I had was so tender and so-o-o-o go-o-o-d. Since it was our first time at Nonna's the waitress (cute, personable and very smooth) brought us three breaded mozzarella sticks--oh my they were delish. And--only $2.00 for a big cookie for dessert! I am certainly looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Friendly ServiceArianaDined on 10/25/2014The food was amazing and the setting was just right. I love Nonnas can't wait to get back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nonna's was great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Nonna's is apparently a famous restaurant in Oklahoma City with lots of history. Located in Bricktown, it is obviously fun with the outdoor patio; however I ate at the bar which was cozy and accommodating. Food is basic with some twists, I had the veal meatballs which were delicious and the grilled salmon salad. Dessert I went for the shortcake with strawberries which had lots of shortcake and not much strawberries. I would go again. Has room for big parties as well as romantic little tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, again!GoodEatsDined on 10/17/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the food, service, and ambiance of Nonna's. The menu is delightfully varied, and everything we've had there is delicious!Special Features:
- Yummy!Ahorseor2Dined on 10/16/2014It was all a great experience, we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary SpotVegasDinerDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Nonna's. We both ordered the steak filets, mine with the cabernet sauce hers with the gorgonzola brulee. The chef sent out an amuse bouche before our entrees arrived (beef in a flaky crust shell with a balsamic reduction). The entrees were well prepared including the vegetables du jour and whipped potatoes. For dessert, my wife ordered the red velvet cake, and I ordered the vanilla bread pudding. My wife wasn't particularly impressed with the red velvet cake. It was moist, but the frosting seems a little rubbery. The bread pudding was quite good, hot, saucy, and decadent.Special Features:
- An unforgetable dinnerGesi17Dined on 9/26/2014It is one of the best restaurants you could fine on okc. They were very nice and very helpful. I had made a reservation to surprise my girlfriend for her b-day and by the end of the night she was very glad we had went there. Food was very good, service was excellent and the atmosphere was just the right one. Great job to the whole staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not GreatBobJDined on 9/19/2014Nice atmosphere for a quiet dinner. Good service, Sea Bass was very good, Prime Rib was average. Table for two was very small, making it very difficult to serve, and the hanging light in the middle of the table prevented seeing the person you were with unless you moved the table after you squeezed in. Wine list is not the greatest and very expensive - $24 for a glass of Rombauer is a bit extreme; entrée prices were average for a restaurant at this proce point.Special Features:
- Nice resturant, excellent serviceTylerlewis62Dined on 9/17/2014We had a good time for the first time at Nona's. Free apps as a bonus for first time vist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st wedding anniversary celebrationcelebritionDined on 9/16/2014The restaurant is very impressive on my one year anniversary I was seated in the bar section. I was highly offended. I was moved to a nicer seat downstairs. I enjoyed the soft music in the background but the noise level was at a high. My husband ordered stuffed mushrooms and the supervisor took his plate away as our dinner arrived, he wasn't finished with his food. The server was the best part of our visit he made me feel valued, appreciated and his service was above excellent. I would go back because of the service provided.The food quality and portions for the prices was good. However I would go back to visit on a special occasion. The wine was not over priced and was delicious as we enjoyed it with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What are you looking for?Teafreak29Dined on 9/12/2014This is a place that will offer you a good time if you wat to listen to love music and kind if sit and people watch. The food is great. The noise level very high but the bald was inside due to weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great dining experience, would recommend a visit for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked itaverageJoeDined on 9/12/2014Food: good. Service: good. Ambiance: good. Price: pricey but fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NautyvolDined on 9/12/2014The food was extremely well prepared and we had a really good waiter.Special Features:
- Slow service and cold foodLUVGREATFOODDined on 9/12/2014Had reservations for 7pm, arrived early but even though we ordered PRE made food, prime rib and chicken pot pie, it took longer than 90 minutes to receive our food and when the food was delivered, both plates were Luke warm at best. Our waiter was very pleasant and professional, I believe the kitchen was the reason for our slow service. A table that was seated 30 minutes after we were, were actually served before us! Sent chicken pot pie back and had it warmed up, food was good but at the two hour mark we are starving and fed up. Could not get any reservations at any other fine dining spots on Bricktown except at this restaurant and the terribly slow kitchen and cold food might be the cause. The waiter said other cold meals had occurred.
- 4.99 starDaveDined on 9/6/2014The only thing that bothered me was the tiny table we were seated. Otherwise, great place for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Nonna's!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Everyone was friendly and courteous. We enjoyed our evening. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bekka89Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I ate here for our 1 year anniversary. The service was absolutley fantastic and so was the food. The server was very attentive, had a great attitude and did everything she could to make sure our experience was a great one. The food was outstanding from the appetizers to dinner and dessert. I will definately return to and will recommend the retaurant to all of my friends.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Food was great, except maybe chicken pot pie. It was mainly pastry. Pot roast was excellent, especially the gravy. Service was great! Very nice occasional lunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit only for impressing prom datesRabbitDined on 8/23/2014This was my first time, and I thought I was getting a quality restaurant. Imagine my surprise when fellow diners were in jeans, shorts, and flip flops! I don't know why my date and I bothered to dress up. Moreover, why bother with reservations and valet parking if you're allowing a casual dining experience. Other diners included some sort of drunken sorority party and a bachelorette party. My impression is that we were all first-timers, and that the restaurant caters primarily to teenage boys trying to impress their prom dates and couples celebrating an anniversary. The food is as underwhelming as the clientele. Nonna's favorite is spaghetti and meatballs, for heaven's sake!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceNewtoOKCsceneDined on 8/22/2014We dined out upstairs. Our waiter gave us recommendations for wine to pair with our dinner. The food was amazing. We all ordered something different. They had live music, which was great and we were still about to talk at our table with ease. Dinner ended with our own fireworks show from the ballpark. It was a perfect ending to a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed With ServiceOutWithOutKidsDined on 8/22/2014Our entrees took an extremely long time to arrive. The server was very nice, but she continued to forget refills or little requests we had. There were 3 separate occasions that we had to re-request something. I asked for a coke when my food came out. I was done eating my entree by the time she brought it to us. She had the excuse that there were no clean glasses. I find that hard to believe as the restaurant was not packed at all. If it was true, she could have given the courtesy of coming to tell us that the wait for the drink was going to be longer. And, if it was true, does a restaurant of that caliber really not have staff on hand on a friday night to handle the dishwashing? She did end up not charging us for the coke.Special Features:
- So-SoMMSFDined on 8/21/2014Pleasant, attentive service not matched by food which is decidedly average, and priced far too high for its quality.
- Superb experience at Nonna'sBretVIPDined on 8/21/2014Business dinner here was perfect. First of all the server was well trained, knew the menu and it's ingredients, and managed our meal experience perfectly. Second, the entree's were well prepared and their presentation impressive. Both the fish, chicken and steak entrees were tasty. Third, the desserts were presented as a WOW at the beginning of the meal, with fruit coming from Nonna's farm. The apple pie was the best we ever, and we noticed most of the tables around us ordered it too. We will be back soon. Never disappointing here!Special Features:
- The Purple Bar is always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Constantly entertaining happy hour clients at the purple bar. The bowling pin lighting is the best, and it's never too busy to enjoy some space and conversation. The outdoor patio in the evening/late afternoon is great, particularly on game days.Special Features:
- brunchgangDined on 8/20/2014The food was really good. Can't beat the freshness of ingredients. Our waitress was very attentive. A little dark in the dining room for us... we were there for brunch. We've been before and we will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableLoves2eatDined on 8/16/2014We always enjoy the Nonna's experience. The food is exceptional, the service is just right.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodobviouscadDined on 8/9/2014My fiancé and I celebrated our engagement at Nonna's and we had a great experience. Amazing food, great portions and very romantic atmosphere. Service was really good as well, however my only knock against it was that they never asked for a drink order. They brought water right off the bat, then the server came and immediately asked for a food order. Not a big deal, since we didn't get other drinks anyway. Also, they ran out of chicken pot pie, which was disappointing but understandable considering they make everything from scratch. Their homemade chips are sooooo good! Overall, I would recommend Nonna's for a special occasion (or any occasion!).Special Features:
- me & my girls love this place! MmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a group of six and got our food & drinks very quick. The food was delicious as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.