Nonna's Cucina Ristorante
127 plains road west
Burlington, ON L7T1G1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Nonna's Cucina Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nonnasristorante.com/
- Phone: 9056327677x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jose B. Geada
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For all catering inquiries please contact Elena Geada.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a large private wine room available for booking. We can also accommodate larger parties in the main dining room upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Elena 9056347677x
- Entertainment: We offer live music and events on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Special Events: We offer live music every Friday and Saturday night.
A word from Nonna's Cucina Ristorante
Nonna’s Cucina Ristorante is a family business dedicated to our Nonna. We serve rustic Italian cuisine, including a great assortment of appetizers, Burlington’s best thin crust pizza, pastas, and meat and fish dishes. No meal would be complete without our signature desserts such as Jose’s Tiramisu and Mrs.G’s Carrot Cake. We also offer a new 3-course pre-fixe menu, a lunch menu and children’s menu. Ask your server about our gluten-free and vegetarian options. Our wine selection includes a wide variety of imported Italian wines. Nonna’s house-made tomato sauce and Jose’s hot sauce is available to take home. If you are looking for a location for a family or business function, our private Wine Room has everything you are looking for, including access to our projector and screen. Check out our weeknight features such as Wine-down Wednesdays or Meatball & Martini Thursdays, and join us Friday and Saturday nights for live music. We look forward to taking care of you – just like Nonna would!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Nonna's Cucina Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Burlington ›
Nonna's Cucina Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (7)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- WednesdaysDined on 8/20/2014Our first time visiting and will definately return! We recommended Nonna's to a friend and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves also. We were allowed plenty of time between courses to chat and enjoy our wine. We were not rushed along to get out as you are in other establishments.Thank you for the wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014My Husband and myself enjoyed a great meal with wonderful live music, playing. Really made our night.Special Features:
- Nonna's loud musicmcsusiegirlDined on 7/19/2014We had dinner at Nonna's on Saturday night for the first time. Our reservation was at 6pm. Service was outstanding. Food was great...came hot to the table. Great selection on menu. Recommendations for wine was great. Decor lovely. We did not like the music. Two gentlemen played guitar and sang songs from the 80's and back. It was loud and difficult to even carry on a conversation. This type of music may be great later in the evening after 9pm when the dinner crowd was finished, but at 6pm it was not an appropriate selection of songs. I would have enjoyed more italian style music - or something just instrumental while dining. I think the music did not do the restaurant justice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantasticLuv2dinDined on 6/26/2014Service was great! Greeted very quickly! Friendly atomosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereDanoMcDDined on 6/6/2014We tried this restaurant out for a romantic birthday dinner. It had great food and a nice atmosphere but be ready to pay a little more as it is on the upper end for price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like Nonna'ssketchemupDined on 5/31/2014Excellent little Italian eatery, great ambiance, excellent food, great service all at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- An Aldershot low-keyed gemstone!PickypickypickyDined on 5/30/2014Third visit and things have improved in terms of portion sizes and overall service. Last time out, the lasagna was the size of a deck of cards and just as thick, so overpriced and lost on the plate it came on. Net result was one diner finished ten minutes ahead of the rest of the party; their portions larger. This time, ample portions, though the pasta ordered by two of us had been plated first and by the time other entrees were ready, both had cooled. The meat sauce too was only tepid. Could have sent it back, but we were already giving difficulties when one of our party arrived a half-hour late and had to be caught up. Our server was engaging, knowledgeable and attentive (Thanks, Alex!) The piano musician was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningScottandBeeBeeDined on 5/17/2014We visited Nonna's Cucina Ristorante on Saturday May 17th. The food was amazing. We enjoyed the sax player and overall ambiance. The Eggplant Parmesan second to none. Also the veal cutlet was cooked to perfection. The calamari was delicious. Our server was excellent. Overall it was a wonderful dining experience and we will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutpiosDined on 5/15/2014Great food, nice ambiance, good entertainment ...enjoyed it. All in all a good experience.Special Features:
- Would Make a Nonna ProudluvunonnaDined on 5/14/2014This was my first visit to a restaurant which I understand has been in existence for 4 years. The food was outstanding and coming from an italian background and having my 87 year old mother and grandmother with me ( Nonna) she thought the food was amazing as well.Thus the title of my review !!! Also my mother was astonished to read Mrs Ticcarelli's obituary on the wall and knew her very very well. It made her eyes light up and proud to know she used to be friends.Special Features:
- nightonthetownDined on 5/10/2014Food was fantastic and the owner was friendly and hospitable. The entertainment was fantastic (We're the Band) so we stayed later to listen to them rather than leaving right after our dinner. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/6/2014My wife and I have been to Nonna's on at least 3 occasions now and have enjoyed a fantastic meal each time. The food is great and the service has always been above par.Special Features:
- The service was goodsimpleisalwaysbetterVIPDined on 5/2/2014We've been many times but I had never ordered the Lasagna di Casa. It arrived barely warm, the waiter apologized and returned it to the kitchen. When he returned it was slightly warmer but not hot. I ate it regardless. Paid the bill, tipped the waiter, and as we were waiting for our change we heard someone at the next table saying he "was in charge". When he was free, my wife explained what happened and rather than apologizing he instead explained that "although the lasagnas are made fresh they are kept in the fridge and because they are so thick it's difficult to warm them thoroughly, particularly when we are busy like tonight, it happens sometimes. The cook probably forgot to test it with a thermometer." The restaurant was half full.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Nonna's Cucina Ristorante reviews archive.
- Great food but music too loudAnnetteVIPDined on 4/24/2014The food is really good homemade Italian food. It's a lovely restaurant with friendly staff. The live music is also really good but the volume is so loud you can't have a conversation with your dinner companions. Great place to go if you don't want to talk to your date.Special Features:
- Great Food & Great Service!amylDined on 4/18/2014When we arrived at the restaurant, we were originally seated in the middle of the dining area. However, our request to move to a different table was met with a cheerful accommodation. Our waiter was extremely affable and helpful with any of our questions and/or requests (including minor changes to entrees and gluten-free pasta). When our food arrived, everything was very tasty and the portions were more than substantial! We didn't have much room for dessert, but splurged on the creme caramel (also very good!). Throughout the evening, live music provided by the gentleman playing piano and singing added a nice ambiance to the restaurant as opposed to "piped in" music. Nonna's Cucina is a lovely neighbourhood restaurant :)Special Features:
- Great Food but quite noisyOscarDined on 4/12/2014We enjoyed the food and the staff were all very friendly, efficient and professional. We did not enjoy sitting just a few feet from the people at the next table. We could barely hear each other talking. There were large tables set up for groups coming in later and as the noise level was already very high, we would not have wanted to be there later in the evening. The musicians who came out at 7pm were excellent and we did enjoy the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night outmargdaleVIPDined on 4/11/2014The restaurant was filled with locals who know Italian food. The service was attentive and our plates arrived on time and perfectly prepared. The pappardelle with meat sauce was divine . Our fried mozzarella as an appetizer was excellent. The wine list is the best in town. We usually don't have desert but we shared something ( can't remember the name ) made from egg whites , wow ! The owners welcomed us and made us feel at home. A great night out !Special Features:
- Since I moved from TorontoPoolGirlDined on 4/8/2014Since I moved from Toronto a few years ago, I have been on the lookout for the perfect pasta and clams and have been disappointed over and over. I am also allergic to Garlic and so trying to find somewhere that not only makes fresh sauce, but one that will accomodate is hard to find. This was the perfect pasta and clams and more than accomodating. Thank you - I will definately be returning over and over again.Special Features:
- This was our first time atgrak67Dined on 3/28/2014This was our first time at Nonna's and we quite enjoyed our experience. All the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable , the food was prepared as it should be, pasta al dente, scallops PERFEECT, and I must mention the red sauce can hardly remember a time a red sauce has not given me heartburn well not Nonna's can it be made there fresh?? Don't know but it is the best! Lastly, how nice to be met by the owner to welcome you to his restaurant and then to make the effort to see you at the door on the way out!!! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No no to Nona's in BurlingtonRebaDined on 3/27/2014Our party of 5 would not recommend this restaurant after having dinner on March 27th 2014. For us it was after the 3rd time the waiter returned to say the restaurant was out of a particular item. In order it was the house Cabernet Sauvignon, garlic mashed potatoes which was part of the evenings special and Spamoni ice cream. We felt it was quite comical. No apologies. It would have been appropriate at this point to offer a free appetizer or discount, something. We laughed about it but we also said we wouldn't be back. On a good note the atmosphere is wonderful, the service timely and it smells amazing when you walk in the door.
- 2nd time not as good.DJF1Dined on 3/22/2014Our first experience at Nona's was outstanding. The food was delicious, the service fantastic especially with a 4 year old in tow. In a nutshell either something changed in the Chef/ cooking staff or our first experience was not the norm. The service was still outstanding and the GM really did step up and tried his best for sure, so no concerns on the service ascpect. So this time: Carpaccio: Served completely frozen! Carbonara: Swimming in runny cream, tasted decent. Vongole: Ok but not like the first time Tiramisu: Middle was frozen Lava Cake: Middle was cold not warm as it should be If it was my first experience I would never be back. Hope it was just a fluke.
- Spectacular ItalianFoodieDined on 3/21/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant if you love authentic Italian. Perfection.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy this restaurant,anniebellaDined on 2/26/2014Always enjoy this restaurant, although I'm not there often. Love the chicken picatta (sp?) and love the Tira Misu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little piece of EuropeTwo4DinnerDined on 2/22/2014The owners Jose and Elena treat every guest like family. You are made to feel welcome and at home. They follow the European way where the Owner/chef circulates through the dining room to make sure all of their guests are satisfied and at the same time gets to know you. We love this spot and make this a part of all of our special occasions and date nights. The cuisine is terrific. Jose is very particular. There is always live entertainment on weekends and it adds so much to the overall dining experience. You never feel rushed and it is a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Valentine's dinner!GRNiizDined on 2/14/2014Wonderful meal and service!! Staff did amazing considering it was non-stop patrons for Valentine's Day. We enjoyed Bruschetta, Caprese Salad, Cauliflour soup, Steak & Cake and Shrimp/Scampi pasta We were too full for dessert. Reservations were for 8:30pm and they seated us right away. We enjoyed the piano and vocalist while we dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous Food and Great Atmosphere!ElyseDined on 2/14/2014The food was delicious, and they have very generous portions. A little bit pricey, but definitely worth it for a special occasion. Great staff and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I went formadpotterDined on 2/13/2014My husband and I went for Valentine's Day a day early...the restaurant was quiet, the ambience was warm and welcoming and the food was very well prepared and timed perfectly. We have eaten here before when it was busy and have enjoyed it, but found that on this occasion the food was prepared with more attention to detail and was even more delicious than normally. Great place for a romantic evening on an "off" night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy this restaurant.BusybabeDined on 1/31/2014Always enjoy this restaurant. Friendly and the laid back musician is great.Special Features:
- Outstanding SauceTank2kVIPDined on 1/25/2014ITs all about the sauce, the meal was very good, service was fantastic and we really enjoyed the live music. We'll definitely be back!
- Can't beat the ambianceTwo4DinnerDined on 1/11/2014Where can you go to have a great dinner, romantic atmosphere and live entertainment. Not too many places offer all of these. Nonna's does. It is one of my favourite restaurants because you can easily make an evening out of dinner. The entertainment is always great. Hosts Jose and Elena make you feel like family. They take the European approach where the owner/chef meets and greets guests to ensure a memorable dining experience. Have and will continue to recommend Nonna's to anyone looking for a gem of place. It is usually the start of our Saturday date nightsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately our food tookOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Unfortunately our food took a very long time to arrive. They were out of lamb so my husband was offered fillet mignon as a substitute but was not asked how he wanted it cooked. My vegetable were cold and the penne that came with my meal looked and tasted like bagged pasta with ragu for sauce. I expected far better for our $122 bill. it was new years eve so I understand they were busy but the food and service were below par.
- Great Staff. Great Ambiance.ZalcoraDined on 12/20/2013The ambiance in this place is one of the best I've experienced. The live music was wonderful, not too intrusive, and he played very well. He also took requests, which made it a very romantic evening with my partner. The staff was very attentive, and the place was very busy. We did not wait long to be seated, and our drinks were served promptly. There was a large Christmas party celebrating, so there was about 20 diners all ordering at once. The manager was kind enough to come over to the table and let us know that there would be a little wait for our entrees. The food itself was tasteful, though not amazing; the service was the highlight of the evening. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I would recommend this place to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreMBAersDined on 12/13/2013We had our pre Christmas dinner here with a party of eight. The food was OK, not great and rather expensive for example $23 for plain gnocchi .... the service felt rushed and not very friendly. Sorry just being honest here... the automatic tip added to the bill of 18% and then keeping the line on the slip for gratuities seems inappropriate. Anyway, a mediocre experience.
- The best lasagna ever!!JayJayDined on 12/13/2013my friend and I immensely enjoyed our dinner this past Friday evening. The service was outstanding and our waiter was friendly and efficient. my only criticism would be that the main course came rather quickly as we had not finished our salads. serving sizes were very generous. excellent value for the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSharonbellaDined on 12/11/2013I find Nonnas to be a good place to eat usually but this time the service was terrible and , of course, I had brought someone who had never eaten there before. The service was terrible. She brought our dinner before we finished our appetizers, we had to look for her and call her to the table to get cheese & pepper, we were never asked if we wanted a second drink, our water glasses were never refilled and we weren't asked if we wanted a second cup of coffee. Really poor service. My friend didn't love her pasta so Nonnas didn't get a new customer there.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2013A small group of us were attending an event in the area and found this restaurant nearby. We were there around lunchtime on a saturday and it was very quiet. The staff were helpful, pleasant and timely. The food was really great (we had pizza, soup of the day and a caesar salad). The only thing that would have made it better was a bread bowl with vinegars and oil and lunchtime portions. Very nice decor - thumbs upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homely, welcoming restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2013Homely, welcoming restaurant. the food was excellent, and prices are fair for the quality of the food. I will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PleasingCDeLucaDined on 10/26/2013We've been there a few times and we've always been pleased with the food, the service and the ambiance.Special Features:
- we'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2013Tried Nonna's for the first time Saturday evening. Had to sit a little too close to the live music that they feature on Saturdays but it was ok still. The owner is very welcoming and makes you feel comfortable. Our waitress was young and inexperienced so letft over plates were there for awhile. The food is fresh and good, more like a homemade meals. Portions are nice sized and well presented. I believe that pasta is their strength if you want the best they have to offer. I tried the veal marsala that was good but I have had better. We'll be back to try the spaghetti and meat balls.Special Features:
- A Great Dinning Experience!Tank2kVIPDined on 10/4/2013WE thought we'd give Nona's a shot! Wow what a pleasant surprise! We enjoyed the Scallops for an appetizer and then we both had the Egg Plant Parma... Wow the sauce was light and flavorful, the Parma was like a lasagna! It was outstanding! We had some for left overs we took home and it was great the next day as well. For desert we shared a Pumpkin Cheesecake! Outstanding again! Our servers were professional and attentive but also not too attentive... bravo~!Special Features: