Nonna's Cucina Ristorante
127 plains road west
Burlington, ON L7T1G1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Nonna's Cucina Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nonnasristorante.com/
- Phone: (905) 632-7677
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jose B. Geada
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For all catering inquiries please contact Elena Geada.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a large private wine room available for booking. We can also accommodate larger parties in the main dining room upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Elena 9056347677x
- Entertainment: We offer live music and events on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Special Events: We offer live music every Friday and Saturday night.
A word from Nonna's Cucina Ristorante
Nonna’s Cucina Ristorante is a family business dedicated to our Nonna. We serve rustic Italian cuisine, including a great assortment of appetizers, Burlington’s best thin crust pizza, pastas, and meat and fish dishes. No meal would be complete without our signature desserts such as Jose’s Tiramisu and Mrs.G’s Carrot Cake. We also offer a new 3-course pre-fixe menu, a lunch menu and children’s menu. Ask your server about our gluten-free and vegetarian options. Our wine selection includes a wide variety of imported Italian wines. Nonna’s house-made tomato sauce and Jose’s hot sauce is available to take home. If you are looking for a location for a family or business function, our private Wine Room has everything you are looking for, including access to our projector and screen. Check out our weeknight features such as Wine-down Wednesdays or Meatball & Martini Thursdays, and join us Friday and Saturday nights for live music. We look forward to taking care of you – just like Nonna would!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Nonna's Cucina Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Burlington ›
Nonna's Cucina Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (23)special occasion (19)fit for foodies (18)romantic (13)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2014This restaurant has good specials and offers gluten free items. On the weekend they had a great acoustic guitarist also. The portions are generous and the service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchNana25VIPDined on 11/24/2014This restaurant is spacious, peaceful, comfortable and welcoming. My friend and I had different choices from the lunch special. The Caesar salad was delicious and each of our mains arrived piping hot and smelling wonderful. We both enjoyed our lunches very much and will look forward to another visit. Sasha was our server and was friendly and helpful and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great - took 45 minutes to comeBdotDined on 11/22/2014Went on Saturday 22nd of novemeber at 6:15. We ordered the kids meals took 5 minutes -- our order took somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour. Not sure if the slow service is normal or just a busy night. On the bright side the consensus was unanimous the meal itself was awesome. We will go back at a quiter time next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodImpaDined on 11/15/2014We had a very nice dinner. Good Italian food, nice music and atmosphere but it took a long time to get our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The young man who served us, I forget his name but he was tall and had dark hard, cropped close to his head was so pleasant and energetic. He added to the experience of having dinner a Nonna's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pizzaDebbers2Dined on 11/13/2014We have been to Nonnas many times and love the food. The service was excellent and the fact that they have live music was am added bonus. We have been with our teenage kids and also with other adults and everyone found something on the menu that they liked. My only complaint is that they took their chicken cacciatore off the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful surprise!foodluverDined on 11/11/2014Don't let the bland exterior fool you. I have driven past this place many times until my curiosity finally got the better of me. I am very glad I did! Since then, I have visited many times and the food is consistently well prepared. It presents an amazing mixture of Italian and Portuguese flavours due, I am told, to the blended family background. It is open 6 days a week and every day has great special enticements for their diners. If you prefer take out, the ristorante also has an extensive take out menu. Or you can visit the adjoining bakery,cafe and deli which is a charming setting for a coffee and pastry. In all, a wonderful find with a lovely southern European atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was above averagevaluehunterDined on 11/7/2014food was well prepared italian classics. a little expensive especially the wine. very few wine offerings below 50 dollars. dinner with wine ,app, main and tip will set you back 150 dollars. not something you can do every weekSpecial Features:
- great foodBetteDined on 11/7/2014The waite staff was excelent Loved the entertainer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality decliningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014I've been here a few times over the last couple of years since it opened. At the beginning it was fabulous with amazing specials and true Italian dishes-not ones made for the Canadian palate. It was a place I often suggested to friends who were looking for something authentic. That is changing and the menu reflects this. The restaurant is beautiful and the servers are attentive. The wonderful wall of wine is something that many notice on entering, but that cannot recover the overpriced offerings that do not live up to the menus description. At least this time the huge flat screens were showing scenes of Italy. My previous visit was far from relaxing and I asked to be moved.
- Great foodGfniteoutDined on 10/25/2014Really enjoyed the food and great wine list music was a nice touch, service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of Italy...amazing!AnneJohnDined on 10/24/2014Our reservation was for 7 pm on a Friday + despite being a full house our table was waiting. The service by Alex + the owner Jose was superb. To see Jose serve + attend to every table with a warm welcome + open hospitality speaks volumes. The meal was absolutely delicious from the house salad dressings to the Chicken Marsala, the Veal Parmigiana, the vegetables, the Tiramisu + the extensive + impressive wine list...simply an experience.....and we were finished within 75 minutes without any semblance of being rushed. Thank-you + we will return!Special Features:
- great to unwindGreatexpectationsDined on 10/24/2014After a busy week, Nonna's was a great place to unwind and relax. At 6:30, the place was empty, but by 6:45, there was a crowd. The piano player was talented and had a great repertoire, the service was attentive and the food was great. Custard tarts, warm fom the oven, were the crowning glory. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic little gem!SkeskaDined on 10/23/2014This restaurant is probably pretty close to the food we ate when we were in Italy. Very fresh and very good. The only small complaint we had was that service was a little slow...didn't affect my overall experience though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably well done, as ALWAYS!PickypickypickyDined on 10/20/2014Probably our fifth or sixth visit to Nonna's and they continue to improve on a pretty good baseline to begin with! Booking with Open Table was smooth and allowed for Nonna's to be aware this was a joint birthday celebration for two of our party of four. Without any further request or expectation, a complimentary tiramisu arrived with a birthday sparkler flare atop at the end of the meal ... something that we appreciated for the surprise value for us all. Food was ample in terms of quality, portion size; plating was attractive and well-served. Our server was attentive without being intrusive. Nothing more annoying than to be interrupted during a conversation or a mouthful to answer a server's question about the food! Delicate balance!Special Features:
- scrumptious mealFlvisitorsDined on 10/14/2014My parents and I went to Nonna's last week and it was "Lobster Tuesday". My Mother was thrilled. Her favorite dish. My Dad had the pasta special. It was out of this world. The tomato sauce that the ravioli was swimming in was delicious. And I had the "funghi" pizza. Yummy! Our server did not rush us. He was so helpful with the wine list. We had "Black River" from Argentina. I would highly recommend this wine. He was also so courteous and always had a smile on his face. Thank you to a lovely eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Food was excellent, service was great. Could have been noisey but they had music (a solo guitar player who also sang) which was really nice as could not hear conversation from one table to another. Wine list was great. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceJuneBugDined on 9/27/2014Had a wonderful meal on Saturday night. We had an amazing time food was wonderful , service was great . First time at this restaurant, but we will be back for sure .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!JomeDined on 9/26/2014Three dishes- linguine and clam sauce- lots of fresh clams (only one didn't open), great sauce 2. Carbonara- rich, creamy and loved the raw yolk on presentation 3. Chicken Milanese with arugula, cherry tomatoes, and penne alio oglio- delicious! (needed some salt) App was calamari with spicy Sicilian sauce- calaramari was cooked perfectly- sauce was really spicy but still a jogreat appetizer. Service from the time we arrived was friendly and courteous- server knew the menu items.Special Features:
- Great pizza. Live entertainment.AnnetteVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food is excellent particularly their pizza. Thursday, Friday and Saturday they have live entertainment. The singer is always fantastic but it is always so loud it is difficult to talk to your dining guest. They just need to turn the volume down a bit and it would be a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseNana25VIPDined on 9/16/2014I'd seen the restaurant many times, but since we live downtown where there are many good restaurants, we just hadn't made our way to Nonna's. It is peaceful and well appointed and the server was helpful and courteous. It was wonderful not to have to shout at my dining partner to be heard, as is the case in many restaurants, we've found! We will most certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, but not the lastCHRISKYDined on 9/13/2014We had never been to this restaurant and we are glad that we ate here. The service was excellent, food came out at just the right time. We shared an antipasto platter, had penne à la vodka and orecchietti with sausage and rapini, and we shared a tiramisu. They also have an extensive wine list. We were there on a Sat. evening, and they had a woman playing a keyboard and singing which was quite pleasant.Special Features:
- kingo369Dined on 9/5/2014Service was very good. Food not so good, although I would go back for the thin crust pizza.Special Features:
- customerHappyDined on 9/4/2014We were meet with a smile and friendly hello. Taken to our table right away and he stayed to get drink orders. Food was goood and we didn't wait too long. Service very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WednesdaysDined on 8/20/2014Our first time visiting and will definately return! We recommended Nonna's to a friend and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves also. We were allowed plenty of time between courses to chat and enjoy our wine. We were not rushed along to get out as you are in other establishments.Thank you for the wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014My Husband and myself enjoyed a great meal with wonderful live music, playing. Really made our night.Special Features:
- The following 73 reviews are from the Nonna's Cucina Ristorante reviews archive.
- Nonna's loud musicmcsusiegirlDined on 7/19/2014We had dinner at Nonna's on Saturday night for the first time. Our reservation was at 6pm. Service was outstanding. Food was great...came hot to the table. Great selection on menu. Recommendations for wine was great. Decor lovely. We did not like the music. Two gentlemen played guitar and sang songs from the 80's and back. It was loud and difficult to even carry on a conversation. This type of music may be great later in the evening after 9pm when the dinner crowd was finished, but at 6pm it was not an appropriate selection of songs. I would have enjoyed more italian style music - or something just instrumental while dining. I think the music did not do the restaurant justice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantasticLuv2dinDined on 6/26/2014Service was great! Greeted very quickly! Friendly atomosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereDanoMcDDined on 6/6/2014We tried this restaurant out for a romantic birthday dinner. It had great food and a nice atmosphere but be ready to pay a little more as it is on the upper end for price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like Nonna'ssketchemupDined on 5/31/2014Excellent little Italian eatery, great ambiance, excellent food, great service all at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- An Aldershot low-keyed gemstone!PickypickypickyDined on 5/30/2014Third visit and things have improved in terms of portion sizes and overall service. Last time out, the lasagna was the size of a deck of cards and just as thick, so overpriced and lost on the plate it came on. Net result was one diner finished ten minutes ahead of the rest of the party; their portions larger. This time, ample portions, though the pasta ordered by two of us had been plated first and by the time other entrees were ready, both had cooled. The meat sauce too was only tepid. Could have sent it back, but we were already giving difficulties when one of our party arrived a half-hour late and had to be caught up. Our server was engaging, knowledgeable and attentive (Thanks, Alex!) The piano musician was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningScottandBeeBeeDined on 5/17/2014We visited Nonna's Cucina Ristorante on Saturday May 17th. The food was amazing. We enjoyed the sax player and overall ambiance. The Eggplant Parmesan second to none. Also the veal cutlet was cooked to perfection. The calamari was delicious. Our server was excellent. Overall it was a wonderful dining experience and we will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutpiosDined on 5/15/2014Great food, nice ambiance, good entertainment ...enjoyed it. All in all a good experience.Special Features:
- Would Make a Nonna ProudluvunonnaDined on 5/14/2014This was my first visit to a restaurant which I understand has been in existence for 4 years. The food was outstanding and coming from an italian background and having my 87 year old mother and grandmother with me ( Nonna) she thought the food was amazing as well.Thus the title of my review !!! Also my mother was astonished to read Mrs Ticcarelli's obituary on the wall and knew her very very well. It made her eyes light up and proud to know she used to be friends.Special Features:
- nightonthetownDined on 5/10/2014Food was fantastic and the owner was friendly and hospitable. The entertainment was fantastic (We're the Band) so we stayed later to listen to them rather than leaving right after our dinner. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/6/2014My wife and I have been to Nonna's on at least 3 occasions now and have enjoyed a fantastic meal each time. The food is great and the service has always been above par.Special Features:
- The service was goodsimpleisalwaysbetterVIPDined on 5/2/2014We've been many times but I had never ordered the Lasagna di Casa. It arrived barely warm, the waiter apologized and returned it to the kitchen. When he returned it was slightly warmer but not hot. I ate it regardless. Paid the bill, tipped the waiter, and as we were waiting for our change we heard someone at the next table saying he "was in charge". When he was free, my wife explained what happened and rather than apologizing he instead explained that "although the lasagnas are made fresh they are kept in the fridge and because they are so thick it's difficult to warm them thoroughly, particularly when we are busy like tonight, it happens sometimes. The cook probably forgot to test it with a thermometer." The restaurant was half full.
- Great food but music too loudAnnetteVIPDined on 4/24/2014The food is really good homemade Italian food. It's a lovely restaurant with friendly staff. The live music is also really good but the volume is so loud you can't have a conversation with your dinner companions. Great place to go if you don't want to talk to your date.Special Features:
- Great Food & Great Service!amylDined on 4/18/2014When we arrived at the restaurant, we were originally seated in the middle of the dining area. However, our request to move to a different table was met with a cheerful accommodation. Our waiter was extremely affable and helpful with any of our questions and/or requests (including minor changes to entrees and gluten-free pasta). When our food arrived, everything was very tasty and the portions were more than substantial! We didn't have much room for dessert, but splurged on the creme caramel (also very good!). Throughout the evening, live music provided by the gentleman playing piano and singing added a nice ambiance to the restaurant as opposed to "piped in" music. Nonna's Cucina is a lovely neighbourhood restaurant :)Special Features:
- Great Food but quite noisyOscarDined on 4/12/2014We enjoyed the food and the staff were all very friendly, efficient and professional. We did not enjoy sitting just a few feet from the people at the next table. We could barely hear each other talking. There were large tables set up for groups coming in later and as the noise level was already very high, we would not have wanted to be there later in the evening. The musicians who came out at 7pm were excellent and we did enjoy the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.