Nonna's Citi Cucina
190 Route 9 North
Englishtown, NJ 08902Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Nonna's Citi Cucina
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://nonnasnj.net/
- Phone: (732) 536-9050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: George Fusco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private party rooms available for any event, any size and any occasion. Nonna"s takes great pride in planning that special occasion with its dedicated staff, providing great service great food and a memorable party to remember.
Full service off site catering also available with unlimited options. Buffet, tray pass and sit down service is just many of the options available.
- Private Party Facilities: Nonna's offers two newly appointed private dining rooms finished in a comfortable upscale mix of Venetian wall murals and chandeliers. Our rooms offer the perfect mix for a wide range of social events - communions, baby showers, birthday celebrations and weddings to name a few.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Mosco 7329959562
- Entertainment: Mondays: Industry Night with DJ from 9pm to 1:00am
Fridays: After Work Party with DJ from 6pm - 1am
A word from Nonna's Citi Cucina
An innovative concept of moderately priced individual and family style Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nonna's Citi Cucina reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (11)romantic (10)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Deliciouso!TommDined on 11/17/2014Nonna's is a gem! So glad we found this restaurant. Lovely atmosphere. Best Italian food we have had in a very long time. From appetizers to dessert everything was delicious and well prepared. Service was attentive and friendly without being overbearing. We were not rushed and had a great evening. Sunday sauce was the best! Just like Nana's! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeFrankDined on 11/8/2014very good time had by the entire group, food was excellent and every one was pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectJCeeDined on 11/8/2014I love the family style menu! Great for families and groups. They give you a lot of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Ambiance at Nonna'sSaskiaDined on 11/1/2014Nonna's has an authentic and rustic feel to it, which is perfect for business meetings, brunch with girlfriends, or even a romantic night out. The food is excellent and the service is friendly and attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointinggz927Dined on 9/20/2014Clams were burnt. Shrimp in the rissoto were also burnt. Wife's dish was tasteless so they took it off the check. We were never told of the special's until we heard them at the next table. Dessert was good. It will be awhile if I ever go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExcellenceThinman2001Dined on 9/19/2014Low lighting, superbly prepared dishes and impeccable service mark this fine restaurant situated along Route 9N in Englishtown, New Jersey. What was once primarily a family-style Italian restaurant has been redecorated and converted into a romantic dining destination. The extensive and very moderately priced wine list is an added bonus. Our waiter recommended a special shrimp appetizer which was magnificent! My wife had salmon soft enough to melt in your mouth and my veal saltimbocca was delicious. We have been there before and will be going again on a regular basis. Highly recommended for a special dinner, or to make any dinner special!Special Features:
- Not what we expectedTerribleDined on 9/18/2014Nonna's was not what we expected. The portions were very small. The chicken franchese does not come with pasta, no one told us this nor did they ask if we wanted pasta for a side dish for the chicken franchese. The shrimp included in the shrimp ravioli was rather small. The prices were outrageous for the portion sizes. We will never eat at Nonna's again.
- My Favorite PlaceklizzyDined on 9/6/2014This by far is my favorite Italian restaurant. The service is the best. The food to say the least is delicious. We ordered family style which I have nevr ordered before. Usually get a la carte. The amount of food was perfect.Special Features:
- Would go back.bk2njDined on 9/5/2014As a former Brooklynite, I know good Italian food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive, food was very good and the prices are reasonable. Your can tell that the owner(s) take pride in their establishment and pay attention to the details.Special Features:
- Family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Absolutely fabulous experience and dinner was great! staff and Chris were wonderful too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nonna'sDoodyGDined on 8/22/2014Consistently good food and service at this Monmouth County establishment Definitely worth a trip
- Not worth getting dressed up for.Theshortone1980Dined on 8/11/2014The service was good but I would expect better pasta from what looks to be a nice Italian restaurant. I could have made my own box pasta and jarred sauce and not know the difference.
- Happy b day dinnerSliceDined on 8/9/2014Thank for a lovely dinner, celebrated daughters 24th birthday at one of her places to eat.Special Features:
- The following 130 reviews are from the Nonna's Citi Cucina reviews archive.
- Another Nice Experience!LyJyMoDined on 7/20/2014We were very pleased with our dining experience this past Sunday. Although, our appetizers and salads arrived at the same time once we asked them to slow down the meal all went well. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Terrible service!Chick4Dined on 7/19/2014It was great to book our reservation online. We were seated right away but waited for anyone to take our drink order. My husband finally got the attention of a waitress who finally came over to tell us that she and another waiter would be our servers.We didn't have knives at our table settings and another person in our party kept asking for serving spoons for the appetizers. I recently was at a private party @ Nonna's and had the same problem with the service! Great food, Great atmosphere, TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!
- food good service eh..krysmarieDined on 6/27/2014we had 2 waiters on a friday night... and it was dead for a friday. they were so slow. I had to pour my own glass of water. then the waitress took my phone for a form of payment, it took her about 20 minutes to return. i was so mad.Special Features:
- Truly specialEricVIPDined on 6/19/2014Dinner was absolutely incredible! We had some of the best antipasta (hot and cold) and the best rigatoni and gravy I've ever had in a restaurant. Wow!Special Features:
- Love Nonnas!DFlappsVIPDined on 5/16/2014Service is incredible, especially from Sarah the manager. She was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. Definitely going back many times over!Special Features:
- Dinner and Service Was Just OkayDisappointedDined on 5/16/2014went for dinner after my daughter's college graduation (15 adults). the food was not worth the cost. although it's family style and you can order more, the servings were small. the salads and appetizers were nothing special. the miniature pastries were bite size and nothing special either. the server had too many tables to take care of, therefore,he was unable to take drink orders throughout the dinner and make sure we didn't need anything. he was pleasant and did the best to accommodate us. when the bill arrived, they write in big print a recommended tip (20% on the total bill). I felt obligated to give that although it's more than I should have given,In spite of the food, etc, we did have a nice time but was somewhat disappointed.Special Features:
- excellentNonnasDined on 5/11/2014moved away for ten years loved it then, and love it now. service was excellent and everyone was nice and courteous. Family Style was so much food that we had leftovers for 2 days! Can't wait to go back. So Worth IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Handle large groups wellegs430Dined on 5/10/2014We had 7 in our party. Great service. Good was good--clams zuppata (SP?) was outstanding. Several large parties in one room so it was a bit noisy. On the other hand, no one was bothered by another group's noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okFac88bDined on 4/19/2014Like so many restaurants, Nonna's is good, not great. The service was fine and the prices are fair, but the fare is just fair. The antipasto was 50/50. The mussels in whatever sauce was very good, the spading Romano was mushy and a little cold. The seafood was cooked fine and tasty, the risotto was , again, mushy. If you're sights are not set too high, you can get a decent meal here for an ok price.
- First time there for dinnerGABADined on 4/18/2014This was our first time there for dinner together. My wife has been there for lunch. The interior is very nicely set up, the tables are not crowded together. Decorated nicely. The noise level was just a bit high, all from talking, but not objectionable. The service was just right, not breathing down your neck yet there when needed. Our dinners were excellent. We had a filet mignon and snapper with clams and mussels. A spicy sausage and spinach soup and a caesar salad were also very good. During coffee one of the wait persons (we had 2) brought out a dessert dish with 2 large strawberries in chocolate, with whipped cream drizzled with chocolate for our 44th anniversary. We highly recommend Nonna's and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAngelDined on 4/5/2014The food and the service were really good. Went with my family for my birthday and every one enjoyed itSpecial Features:
- birthday disappointmentlauraDined on 3/27/2014My husband always picks this restaurant for his birthday dinner but we've noticed over the yrs that it has gone downhill since it stopped being plain old Nonna's with family style portions to the newer "model." (maybe new owners??) The ricotta in my eggplant rollatini was so dry & crumbly and the eggplant so heavily breaded that I only managed to eat one small rollatini and didn't even bother taking the rest home. My husband's "special" was good, but not great, and for the price they charged, it should've been WONDERFUL. We both got in the car and said that this was the last birthday dinner, or ANY dinner, we'd be having at Nonna's.
- Amazing food and service.envyDined on 3/8/2014The lobster mac & cheese Italia had flavor the serving was a good proportion. It was better then I expected. The eggplant rollatini was amazing as well. They give you more then enough food for one person. I would recommended this restaurant and would ho again well worth the travel.Special Features:
- Girls night out birthday dinnerruthlessdinerDined on 3/5/2014Went out for dinner with the ladies. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. I had a veal ravioli special that was fabulous. It was also half off bottles of wine. I do not know if this is a regular occurrence on Wednesday nights but it was a great surprise for our group. We took advantage of the wine special and ordered two bottles of wine. The restaurant was not too crowded but not empty either. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. We all said we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not on pointLove2tryDined on 3/1/2014Our server didn't introduce himself he never stated the specials. Service wasn't attentive at all by the server. There was a girl who came around to serve the drinks she was more helpful than our server she deserved the tip. No attention to detail by server. Requested a corner booth or table they sat us right at the entrance of the room to much traffic in and out. We decided to try a new restaurant for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Welcome homemommaDined on 2/22/2014We are a family of 4. Two are adult men "children" home together from break. We wanted to treat with good, plentiful and moderately priced food in a warm conversational environment. Nonna's met and exceeded on all. Service was good, appropriately attentive and certainly helpful and polite.Special Features:
- Nice Atmosphere and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014We selected Nona's for dinner this evening because we have eaten here before and know the food is excellent. Not only was the food excellent but the service was outstanding. We also enjoyed the atmosphere. Nona's is a great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceDoodyGDined on 2/15/2014A terrific local eatery 4th time I've been there and the food has been uniformly excellent The food is fresh and tasty The pizzas (the call them pizzeta) are out of this world. The pasta dishes were great as were the meat dishes. The service though a bit pretentious was attentive and professional. The ambience was lovely. Definitely a place to which I will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayChrisDined on 2/15/2014Went for valentines and as always food and ambience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there on V day. Did makeMSSPDined on 2/14/2014Been there on V day. Did make reservations and we were promptly seated on time. Friendly atmosphere and although it was their busiest night, they were not in a hurry to get us out of the restaurant. Recommend this place for special occasions. Pretty reasonable as well. The wait for main course (entres) was a bit too much but totally worth the wait. We were very happy with this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent food Ok serviceNateDined on 2/14/2014The food was pretty good the lasagna was cheesy and the sauce tasted pretty good little salty all together but otherwise ok l. The gnocchi was really good loved the bacon in it and the fresh mozzarella appetizer was very fresh. Not a bad resturant. However we entered and checked in after having reservations spoke with the hostes and she told us to have a seat, she came back and said my name low on the other side of the room and someone claimed to be me effectively stealing my reservation. Had I not said anything and started to argue with the hostes I wouldn't habe been sat for a while. We will probably go back at some point but not for a while because of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantJb16Dined on 2/14/2014Wonderful spot to dine for any occasion, great Italian food and wine choices. Always exciting dining at Nonnas, food quality is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nonna's is the bestRollatiniDined on 2/14/2014Had Valentine's dinner there. They had a Valentine's Menu available but the regular menu too. We took the Val Menu which was affordable, good portions and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerPatchrickDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I visited Nonna's for Valentine's Day dinner. Open Table made it easy to get reservations at this great restaurant. I had been before, but she hadn't. We were sat right away and all courses came out in a timely fashion. We both had chicken dishes that were excellent. Our waiters could've been ever-so-slightly more attentive, but overall everyone was great. I appreciated that they didn't jack up the prices for V-Day, and they even had a very reasonably priced dinner for two special for the day - although we didn't take advantage of it. We will definitely return in the future, even just for casual dining without an occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge a book by it's coverMikeyPVIPDined on 2/8/2014Nice place from the outside but inside's a hot mess from staff who get flustered to rushing guests to take their checks because they try to cram in too many reservations on a prime night.. Servers were stressed because of the crowds and food was like anything you could get at your local pizza place. Not worth a night out.. maybe a lunch when it's dead.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/4/2014Had a wonderful early dinner with my husband and 4yr old on a Sunday evening and everything was perfect! We sat next to the giant fireplace and had a great evening with great food & wine. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Fine Food and Cordial ServiceThinman2001Dined on 12/30/2013First time at this neighborhood gem since it converted from family style only to both family style and a la carte dining. The centrally located fireplace, warm decorations and friendly serving staff amplify the varied menu and extensive wine list, which affords a good selection at various price levels for the cost-conscious. My wife and I totally enjoyed our dining experience and will be back again and again. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.