Nonna Silvias Trattoria and Pizzeria
Park Ridge, IL 60068Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nonna Silvias Trattoria and Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://nonnasilvias.com/
- Phone: 8472929970
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steven Marti & John Giannini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Go to www.nonnasilvias.com for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties up to 50 people on Saturday & Sunday afternoons
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8472929970
A word from Nonna Silvias Trattoria and Pizzeria
Nonna Silvia"s is a very popular neighborhood place nestled between park ridge and Edison park on the north west side. Family owned for nearly ten years, the chef/owners Steve & John have been cooking regional rustic Italian cuisine from central Italy and its surrounding areas since they opened. Inspired by there grand mother Silvia Giannini, Nonna's offers homemade pastas, fresh fish, specialty pizzas, and a nice selection of meats to choose from. We also have over 60 wines from all over the world and a full selection of spirits. The ambiance has a warm intimate Tuscan trattoria feel with a brick paver outdoor cafe to compliment the inside. Come visit us for great rustic Italian food and friendly helpful service!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Nonna Silvias Trattoria and Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Park Ridge ›
Nonna Silvias Trattoria and Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (9)romantic (8)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (7)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/7/2014First time dining here. Food was outstanding and service was very friendly. Ambiance was ok. Can get somewhat noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.HUNGRYGUYDined on 10/3/2014A friend and I dined there last Friday. The food was fresh and well prepared. Our server was helpful without being intrusive, and knowledgeable about the wine list. She made an excellent suggestion for a reasonably priced Italian red. Eggplant Parmesan was excellent. I highly recommend Nona Silvia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian authentic cuisineCRodDined on 9/9/2014Italian is simple food that depends on an outstanding quality of the ingredients to make the flavor. This restaurant takes care of the food to make it truly authentic and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentneighborhoodDined on 8/31/2014A party of for on a Holiday evening..very enjoyable, food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placeNiceDined on 8/23/2014Fortunately for us Nonna's is almost walkable. We go here all the time for the delicious and interesting food. The staff couldn't be friendlier or more efficient. My one and only complaint is that it is pricey. I justify that because time and gas are pricey too and this is so wonderfully close to home for us.Special Features:
- A great place to meet friendswjmrVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food at Nonna Silvias is very good. We enjoyed all that we had. The grilled calimari appetizer was truly delicious. The pasta special consisting of tagliatale with shrimp and a light lemon sauce was a perfect summer dish. Wines were very good. Service started off very good and then became less attentive as the meal progressed. We live in the city and our friends live in the burbs, so Nonna Silvias was a great meeting place!Special Features:
- Decent food, fair serviceDJMeVIPDined on 7/24/2014Our waiter wasn't kidding when he first presented the menus with the comment "I am all yours for the next 30 seconds". He came by once with our bottle of wine, again with the food, and one more time with the bill (and the hostess picked up the charge card). We don't like waiters that constantly hover at your table, but do appreciate them paying some attention. This was a Thursday evening and the place was fairly busy, and their patio dining was crowded, so he may have been a bit over-extended? Grilled calamari appetizer was very good, chicken veneto was so-so.Special Features:
- Great foodEdHinsDined on 7/23/2014I've been here a number of times. The Rotolo is wonderful, the spinach, sauce and noodle roll is my favorite. The pumpkin ravioli is also very tasty. They have the best thin crest pizza, the crust is thin and very crusty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014The food was very good, but the noise level was way too high. I know that is the way that restaurants are these days, but it was impossible to hear anyone at our table without shouting. I had two people that were hard of hearing and for that reason, we will not go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2014Authentic Italian food that makes one want to return again and again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014great food, a little pricey, but overall a great neighboorhood gem. great menu selections and good specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food!SpindogVIPDined on 6/27/2014This is our little "GEM" restaurant that we keep introducing our friends to great food, efficient/friendly staff and excellent food! They have all enjoyed their experience at Nonna's and keep passing the word to their friends.Special Features:
- The following 199 reviews are from the Nonna Silvias Trattoria and Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Almost wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014All our appetizers and most of our entrees were excellent. We had a very nicely prepared burrata, perfectly cooked fried calamari and some artichoke-filled ravioli that were delicious. Kids were served their pasta right away, service was excellent. Entrees were very generous, everybody else took doggy bags home. My veal picatta was perfect in every way but one: the garlic had been scorched, which ruined the dish for me. No doggy bag here! Our attendant offered me an alternative which I declined, and then had half the cost of the dish taken off the bill. Unfortunately we were too full for desert, so that is an as yet unexplored area.Special Features:
- Mixed bag.WindyCityDinerDined on 6/14/2014On what was probably our 4th or 5th visit to Nonna Silvia's, some aspects continued to shine. Others, not so much. Our server, Rachel, was as professional and personable as ever. Her wine recommendation was terrific, and the busmen were unobtrusive and thorough. Unfortunately, only half of our party of 4 felt that the food on this particular night was up to snuff. Additionally, the ambulance traffic to the hospital down the road was quite active and loud. I'm sure we'll come again, though maybe sit inside next time.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014We recently had a party of 15 dine here. Everyone was very happy with the food and service received.Special Features:
- Great ServicechickenboyDined on 5/18/2014Carl is a great waiter. He remembers what we like & makes good suggestions. Very friendly.Special Features:
- disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2014Nonni Siliva started out okay, though our reservation was given away as we arrived ten minutes late. We waited 30 minutes, after being promised 15 minutes wait. Friendly waitress took our order, came back 20 minutes later with drinks, wine, appetizer. Did not return for another 30 minutes for dinner order. We waited 40 minutes more for a dinner of cold rubbery chicken, passable pasta and an inedible tilapia. Waitress did not return- food was brought by another waitress-. Nice staff. Nice atmosphere. But, this was just a frustrating disappointment. No one ever came to ask about food or more drinks. We went because of good reviews, but all four of us were bummed to be out on a Saturday night and have this mediocre to poor experience.Special Features:
- Great local Italian restaurantMumsieDined on 5/10/2014We went for an early Mother's day dinner (Saturday night). The food was excellent and we really enjoyed the waitress. The only bad comment is it was a little too noisy. Wish they had something on the walls to absorb and soften the noise. But otherwise, it was great and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good food; good service; too loudAnnLordDined on 5/6/2014Food was terrific. Everything, even the pasta, is freshly made and locally sourced; many items are organic. Not your "run of the mill" menu items. If your idea of what Italian should taste like is "Chef Boy-ar-dee," then this is not the place for you. The server knew the menu well and could recite the ingredients for every dish we asked about. The one negative was the noise. There was a party in the expansion room and every time they started screaming, we could hardly hear ourselves think. Management needs to install sound-deadening baffles because the noise ruined an otherwise good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014too pricey and limited menu. The waiter was too pushy with the drinks. The atmosphere was bland. I would have like the food was more generous and maybe included soup or salad with the entree. I don't see this restaurant surviving. People want value especially with neighborhood places. Parking was at a minimum. I was truly disappointed,Special Features:
- ENJOYABLE DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014The food was fantastic and our servicer was very personable and engagedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday made memorableRobinDined on 4/12/2014From the greeting at the door to dinner, complimentary Bruschetta, grandpa made gnocchi , kind wait staff, fun atmosphere. All was perfect for the celebration of our dads 89th birthday. Everything was perfect! And did I mention home made pasta.? Don't miss his spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food hampered by cold plates!ChicagoDanVIPDined on 4/5/2014We've been to Nonna's several times and it is a neighborhood gem in the good-restaurant desert that is the northwest side. Service and ambiance are very good and the restaurant is very clean. Food is good, but the few times we've been there, it was under-seasoned needed salt. I do have one major gripe and urge Nonna's to make one significant change -- hot food should be served on very warm plates. The first time we received hot food on cold plates, we thought it had to be an oversight on a busy night, but on subsequent visits on far quieter nights, the plates were also cold. This chills the temperature of the food quickly and considerably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceseloDined on 3/8/2014Party of 4. All entree dishes were room temp. and actual plates were cold. The noise level was HIGH and you could not hold a conversation. Water glasses were not refilled. Wine was not poured after initial serving. I would not return and I would not recommend.
- Love NonnaSpindogVIPDined on 2/22/2014We visit this restaurant whenever we want consistantly great food and service for a romantic evening. We have several friends from the NorthShore that LOVE it, too. I suggest everyone fin this "gem" and enjoy a wonderful night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've always enjoyed the vibePhoodieDined on 2/14/2014We've always enjoyed the vibe and quaint feel of this place. We've been here twice before and will continue to come back for more delicious Italian dishes. My Pollo Veneto was so good I was tempted to ask for a second helping! My significant other chose Bistecca which was one of the specials of the evening. We both devoured our courses and were still ready and willing for dessert. The bread they provided was a bit on the harder side but we've had MUCH worse. Our waitress did a wonderful job and was very pleasant. The only negative aspect was our bread basket which was slightly on the harder side of things We had to ask twice for them to bring us a second bread basket. Beyond this slight hiccup, we were very satisfied and content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, nice atmosphereSuzanBDined on 2/14/2014As always, it was a pleasant experience to dine at Nonna Silvia's. It was hard to choose from their specials as they all sounded so good. They have a sophisticated Italian menu with local neighborhood friendliness. Like eating in the city without the parking fees and attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Great AtmospheremparkerDined on 1/25/2014We been to Nonna's twice and have ordered delivery on several occasions. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is comfortable. My girlfriend had the gnocchi which she absolutely loves. I had the homemade smoked chicken ravioli special which was extremely flavorful. If I had to be nit picky I would say the chicken inside the ravioli was a tad bit on the dry side, but was still amazing. I plan on coming here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal on a Saturday nightHappydinerDined on 1/18/2014The pasta is all house made and is excellent . The sauces complimented but did not overpower the dish. Wait staff were knowledgeable and available throughout the meal. The menu offered a nice variety of meat and non- meat items. Food items were all fresh and very tasty. Nice wine selection. While it was busy, the noise level allowed for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOlgaDined on 1/18/2014My husband and I regularly go to this fabulous little neighborhood hot spot. We discovered years ago while dating and then once married and then living near by we now frequent the place. We've had birthday celebrations, business dinners with colleagues...we highly recommend. Everything is fresh and in season. They also regularly change their specials and send out on a weekly basis if you get on their email list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love this placereneeVIPDined on 1/11/2014We started going to non a Sylvias's because it was a convenient place to meet our friends. We keep going because the food is great, the atmosphere comfortable and we can sit and not feel rushed. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 of the bestallencemDined on 1/4/2014First timer. Food was outstanding as was the service. Our party enjoyed gnocchi, rotelo and pumpkin ravioli as well as salads. We didn't have any drinks, the small bar was busy. The wine list was not extensive, but seemed to cover most tastes. The ambience was comfortable in a small restaurant, noise level was good. I strongly recommend Nonna Silvias Trattoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine. PersonalLoriDined on 12/24/2013Great food and wine. Personal friendly and helpful. Always a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday dinnerPoohDined on 12/7/2013We had a nice evening, shared a bottle of wine and split a dinner. The place was not too busy, but it took a while for anyone to come by for drink order. The new addition space is nice, quieter with wood ceiling.Special Features:
- Food less than spectularlastminutedecisionDined on 12/3/2013We had the Chicken Vesuvius, it was awful. I have eaten at the Italian Village in Downtown Chicago, and I was at least expecting a decent Vesuvius. Instead all they included was a thin chicken breast with diced potatoes. It had no appeal from a presentation point of view nor was the taste great. I chose the restaurant because of its proximity to O'Hare where I picked up my cousin. I got there at 8 pm. Initial service was fine, but then quickly dropped off.
- Perfect!jlkrugsDined on 11/30/2013I have been to Nonna Silvia's several times and chose to return for my birthday. Each time I've been there the food has been fantastic. My husband and I shared the grilled calamari, I had the seafood risotto (a special), he had the gnocchi, and we split the tiramisu for dessert. Everything was great and portions were large. Drinks are always well made too. I mention that it's kid friendly because several tables had kids there and it was fine. They seemed to accommodating to those tables. I do recommend reservations as there were several people waiting for tables while we were eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice neighborhood spotDesignutDined on 11/27/2013Seasonal special menu is amazing, dishes are very fresh tasting. Flavors are combined well and thought out. Service is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent with greatMikeVIPDined on 11/23/2013Food was excellent with great specials Service a little slow but overall wonderful Italian restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pizza extra crispy crustwinendineVIPDined on 11/18/2013The pizza extra crispy crust is fantastic. We had the calamari and Mozzarella special appetizer both delicious. Their gnocchi is freshly made and great with vodka sauce. Service here is wonderful in a cozy atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticrobertDined on 11/16/2013Ambiance, staff, food everything doesn't get any better. Had 2 new people with us and they could noot stop talking about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.