Nonna Rosa's Ristorante Italiano
4168 W Broadway Ave
Robbinsdale, MN 55422Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nonna Rosa's Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nonnarosaswinebar.com/
- Phone: (763) 537-3700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday: 11:00am-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am-Midnight, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francesco Suglia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire about our catering offerings, we will customize the right option for you! Our gelato cart is also available for off site events, please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Nonna Rosa's would love to host your next private event or special occasion. We are family owned and operated, and owners Chef Francesco & Tina Suglia will strive to make experience excellent. We have several dining options available to recommend, or we can customize to your preferences.
- Private Party Contact: Tina Suglia 8776256072
- Entertainment: Check out website for the schedule of musicians, patio performance when weather allows.
- Special Events: Monthly wine tastings, live music on occassion, dinner & a show, special holiday events and annual bocce ball tournament in July!
A word from Nonna Rosa's Ristorante Italiano
Nonna Rosa's is a charming neighborhood Italian restaurant owned and operated by married couple Chef Francesco & Tina Suglia. Their cuisine features Italian specialties such as risotto, gnocchi, pasta, fresh seafood, veal and steak. Nonna Rosa’s is chef driven and inspired by the time spent by the owners growing up in their grandmother's houses. The ambiance is warm and cozy with an open kitchen and a full bar. They also feature a banquet room with muraled scenes of Venice and a spacious European style patio. Nonna Rosas is located in the heart of Robbinsdale's historic business district. Open daily for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nonna Rosa's Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (21)romantic (19)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great Italian!BulldogVIPDined on 11/7/2014Both the food and service were excellent. Tina & Chef Franceso greeted us at the door and welcomed us with open arms, as usual. The mahi-mahi special on spinach rissoto was perfectly done and wonderful. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014Delicious food and a great place to catch up with family and friends. Staff knew their stuff and enhanced the dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kyle BKyleDined on 11/7/2014Nonna Rosa's is one of my favorite spots to eat. Love the owners, Tina and Dominick, they treat you like family! Our favorite server is Katie...what a gem! If you haven't tried Nonna's, then you are missing out on a one of a kind experience in the Twin Cities. Try it, you'll like it!Special Features:
- First time visitjcditzelDined on 11/6/2014This small, romantic, family-run restaurant offers excellent authentic Italian dishes with personable customer service! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asparagus risottoSpellyVIPDined on 11/4/2014Love the asparagus risotto with salmon... It is excellent! The meatball appetizer is wonderful also.Special Features:
- Good for larger groups too.PurplespedDined on 11/3/2014A group of 7 of us stopped in on a Monday at 5. They have a outstanding half price wines beore 6. All 7 of us had a fabulous meal; my hubby , a salmon loveer, said it was the best he'd ever had. We will be going in frequently!Special Features:
- Wonderful authentic Italian meals.PurplespedDined on 10/27/2014This was our third visit ti this charming restaurant, the quality stands strong no matter the day of thhe week or time of day. It is a little ways for us to drive, so we are not here as often as we'd like. Everything on the menu is appealing, and for someone who has a tomato allergy,there is much from which to choose! Always worth the trip!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014Great Sunday night dinner experience. Owners couldn't be more friendly in an informal but professional manner. Enjoyed the whole experience and great to go back whether romantic night out or could stop in for a casual dinner. They served the best sausage tortellini my girlfriend had ever had. Presentation and ambiance were also exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!soccerloveDined on 10/14/2014Wanted an authentic italian restaurant, and Nonna Rosa's delivered. Amazing food, drinks, and the ambiance is great! Smaller restaurant, so the noise level is low, and the staff really takes care of you. Definitely recommend to anyone who likes great Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Spot!monaco66Dined on 10/13/2014We had a wonderful birthday dinner for dad. Food was wonderful and the environment rich, quiet and moderately dark. Our server was fantastic: very friendly and knowledgeable about food/wine. For a small Robbinsdale locale, it was perfect!Special Features:
- real Italian diningmangiarobinDined on 10/11/2014Best menu selection of Italian foods. Savory sauce taste lingered and I crave more. So happy they are a mainstay in Robbinsdale. Easy to find and park. Best homemade gelato. Loved all our entrees. Service is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFantasticVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have found this to be very consistently excellent food and service would recommend without hesitationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta lunchMurrayVIPDined on 10/4/2014The pasta lunch is great. Flexible with lots of options. The pesto is outstanding!Special Features:
- Pleased with experienceskinnerDined on 9/21/2014Went on a Sunday at 5:30 pm for a party of six. Had reservations so our table was ready. Restaurant was not busy and did not fill up that evening. While we found two different daily price list for wine on our table, the server accommodated the one with the lower price. Everyone enjoyed their food. Appetizers were bland. Artichoke dip was bland and the tomato topped toast was bland. My gnocchi in meat sauce was good and the baked mosticolli was good. The restaurant was not noisy.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I love Nona Rosa's and jump at every chance to bring new people here. We also just love it as a quiet date night. The food is really great (actual Italian versus the Americanized Italian chains), the staff is really friendly and the ambiance is great for both a romantic date night or a gathering with friends! Highly recommend Nona Rosa's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the rack of lamb.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014My husband loved the rack of lamb. I had a seafood noodles dish which was good but not spectacular. Overall, it was a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive menu - great ambienceMaryCDined on 9/13/2014If you are looking for Lambrusco and a plate of spaghetti with canned sauce, go to Pizza Hut. Nonna Rosa's has a diverse and sophisticated menu featuring the full range of risotto, pasta, veal, fish and lamb dishes, as well as an impressive wine list. The servers are all skilled, pleasant, and collaborative; helping each other, as well as guests. Prices are moderate, and most entrees include salad or soup, plus bread. It's got a lot of character, and I'll be going back.Special Features:
- SusanDined on 9/12/2014I've eaten at Nonna Rosa's Ristorante Italiano on four different occasions: lunch with a friend, romantic dinner, group setting on the patio, and special occasion. Each time the food has been outstanding, the service friendly and helpful, and a wine list that offers a wide selection for every taste. I highly recommend Nonna Rosa's! Eccellente esperienza culinaria! Brava!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014The food was all great and our server was very personable and provided great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the heart of RobbinsdalePadreDined on 8/30/2014In a world ofnational chain and franchise restaurants, Nonna Rosa's is a delicious breath of fresh air. Tina and Francesco Suglia have created a wonderful, welcoming family trattoria with great food and a friendly ambiance. All the menu items are dependably good, but I especially enjoy Francesco's risotto topped by grilled salmon, pesto encrusted sea bass, or some other fresh fish. The gelato is a treat, but I am drawn to the Tortino dalla Nona. It reminds me of the NY Italuan bakeries where I grew up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicepittsDined on 8/23/2014The service was extremely slow. Took over an hour to get our food after sitting down. We didn't have one set server, 3 different servers helped us. There was no explanation as to why this was happening. The restaurant was not full. The food was good when we finally got it but again, no explanation as to why it took one hour to get 2 entrees. This was our first time at the restaurant- is it always this way? I have no idea but I do not plan on trying it again.
- Delicious!RebekahVIPDined on 8/19/2014Really fantastic Italian food! Though you'll find a few staples popular with the casual diner (fettucine alfredo, lasagne), there are some great authentic dishes that you won't find at the Olive Garden. Talented chefs directly from Italy showcase their homemade gnocchi and creamy risotto, and be sure to try the Maialino Mediterraneo - pork tenderloin with Kalamata olives, mushrooms and onions in a red wine/feta cream sauce, served on a bed of perfectly al dente fettucine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianCurlyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Our party of four thought the food was very good. We sat at a booth inside and it was very warm inside the restaurant. The server said it was because of the open cooking area across from us. The majority of the guests were sitting outside; now we know why. As for the service, it was a bit slow but still adequate and friendly.
- Ok Placedine7outDined on 8/14/20147 in the group. Most thought the food was very good. Two had the meatballs. They liked the dish however one of the meatballs was not cooked through in one of the dishes. She asked for another meatball. The waiter came back to say the chef said the meatball was cook and they ran out of meatballs. This was 12:30PM. She was told to reheat the meatball in the microwave if she thought it was under cook. Hard to believe they were out of meatballs. Also one person in the party ordered a salad but was not served until the main course came. I had the spaghetti/marinara sauce with basil. They was no fresh basil, it was dried crushed and little favor. I had to ask if there was basil in the sauce. Not sure I would return.
- Always a Great Dinner...DeliciousDined on 8/13/2014The food at Nonna Rosa's is always top-notch. The chef's, you can tell, put a lot of love into their fare and it certainly comes out in the myriad flavors. We don't get out a lot having smaller children but when we can get out, Nonna's is always on our list. Robbinsdale has become home to some really good restaurants and this certainly being one of them. It was a little warm in the restaurant when we visited as the A/C must have been out , but again, the food was delicious and the service really good. See ya soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but maybe not when it's warmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Food was good, service was good, loved that it's essentially in our "backyard" BUT...we went on a war summer evening and it was VERY hot in the restaurant. Whether or not they had A/C, we could not tell at all. I asked about the temp and received a sincere apology and an explanation that "with the open kitchen, it's just really hard to manage the temp..." They do have a patio which we passed on because of the outside heat, but in hindsight, it probably would have been better because at least there was a breeze that evening. That's where pretty much everyone else who came in went...probably repeat customers. :) We'll go back for sure, but probably not until it cools off outside.Special Features:
- AwesomeFantasticVIPDined on 8/1/2014Always great food and great service! We love going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNanaBikesDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I each choose sea food entrees which were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 211 reviews are from the Nonna Rosa's Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- BizWPastaloverDined on 7/19/2014The ambiance and service were good but I was very disappointed in the food. Elements of the menu I saw on Open Table were not present in the actual restaurant menu. My date's food seemed to be reheated in the microwave, his pasta was dried out and the dish lacked any real flavor. If you are looking for some authentic, fresh Italian food that can be expected at some of the other small, local Italian eateries this will not be your place.
- Dinner at Nona Rosa'sGrandmasueDined on 7/17/2014This was my first visit. I was so impressed with the waiter's knowledge of the menu. She gave us many excellent suggestions. My guest asked for shrimp in her choice (not on the menu), and this was done without any problems. The restaurant is small and intimate, yet I saw families, groups of friends, etc. there as well. Such a warm feeling. The gnocchi were so light and fluffy, definitely made fresh. I will go there again, and will also recommend this to an Italian friend.Special Features:
- sportzVIPDined on 7/14/2014fOOD WAS EXCELLANT. KITCHEN MUST HAVE HAD A PROBLEM AS ONLY FEW TABLE OCCUPIED AND IT TOOK AND 1 HOUR AND 20 MINUTES TO GET OUR ENTRIES.
- Incredibly good food!MrsHDined on 6/21/2014This is a very cute smaller restaurant. Perfect to go to if you want to be able to hear each other talk. The wine list is extensive and the food was amazing. We will definitely be returning to enjoy this restaurant again. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for great food, great wine and wanting to avoid the huge corporate chain restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceRwilliamsDined on 6/19/2014Found Nonna Rosa's on the Open Table site. Had a high rating and decided to try it out. It is off the beaten path, but well worth it. I found it to be quaint and a special find. The food was all cooked to order and came out hot and tasty. They had a great wine selection and the painted frescos on the walls were really special. The service was great and we did not feel rushed during our meal. I would definitely go back here again on another trip to Minneapolis. This ones a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept SecretFanJetStew612Dined on 6/15/2014I've been all over Minneapolis looking for great Italian food and I found Nonna Rosa's right in my backyard. The food was outstanding and we happened on Happy Hour with great bar drinks and a $10 bottle of wine. We spent Father's Day there and My husband was thrilled. You really need to check it out, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- DiningInStyleVIPDined on 6/11/2014This is one of our "go to" restaurants. The food and service is always delightful. We are always happy with their seafood and veal dishes. This family run "old world" Italian restaurant is a winner in our book. Loved the white Sangria I tried tonight with my veal. I turned in my "Happy Birthday" coupon and really enjoyed the home made gellato. A lovely evening to celebrate life on their outdoor patio. I do wish they would have traditional crusty Italian bread. Then it would be perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2014Had a very nice lunch. Really like the pasta bar with choice of pasta, sauce, and other ingredients.Special Features:
- DisappointingRoxAnneDined on 6/7/2014We dined at the restaurant while a relatively large party was going on so perhaps quality slipped due to that? We did not receive our salads or bread. The food we did receive was pretty bland. Experience was pretty forgettable.
- Excellent serviceGoodFoodFanDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I went here for a date night dinner. Our waitress was fabulous. I discovered the best wine I've ever tasted here. She brought out the bottle so I could snap a picture and told me where I could buy it locally. The food was also very delicious. I would recommend for a date night and would like to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2014We always have outstanding service here. They were very acommadating to out group.Special Features:
- Great FoodMom14Dined on 5/24/2014Have visited 4-5 times now; every thime the food has been excellent. Service is casual but knowledgable, outsidepatio is great. Consistently a good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.