48 S. First Street
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nomikaisj.com/
- Phone: 4082877199x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tues-Sat 5:30pm-close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Whiskey Wednesdays. Punch Thursdays. Live Music Friday/Saturday with rotating DJs. Check out our website for calendar updates. nomikaisj.com
- Special Events: Whiskey Wednesdays. Punch Thursdays. Live Music Friday/Saturday with rotating DJs. Check out our website for calendar updates. nomikaisj.com
A word from Nomikai
nomikai is a new restaurant and bar concept serving great tasting, Asian inspired specialty pizzas and food in a fun, relaxed, inviting atmosphere. Also available are craft cocktails, beers and a great selection of Japanese whiskys. The name nomikai comes from a drinking party phenomenon in the Japanese culture. nomikai is a place where friends and family can come and be social. nomikai isn't a place for a getaway - it's a place to get together (must be 21+ to enter)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nomikai reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Fun spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014This is a fun bar and restaurant with good customer service and drinks. It's not too big, somewhat cozy and kind of a hidden gem. There isn't a huge food selection, since it's more like appetizers and small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute Place for Girls Night or DateFoodloverDined on 9/3/2014I went during the day for happy hour so it was not crowded. I loved the fact that I could hear my coworkers talking and we did not need to yell over loud music or a rowdy crowd. It's a place you can dress up nicely and it'd be appropriate, or you can go in casual clothes. The service was great. I hope I get the same server next time. I believe her name was Anastasia. I loved admiring all the details of the restaurant, from the bamboo menu to the lounge-y atmosphere. I tried the watermelon beer, A-MAIZE-ING flatbread, and the kim-cheese fries. All of them were unique & tasty and I can't wait to go back and try more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!FrancisDined on 8/15/2014I found Nomikai on Yelp and thought I'd give it a try with my girlfriend. I must say, we found the right place for a dinner date! Food was delish, drinks were good and I really love the atmosphere. Dara our server was awesome!!! Thank you, we will definitely come back! :)Special Features:
- AwefulapcalnanDined on 6/27/2014When we walked in, no one greated us. I finally had to go to the back area where the computer was to see if my name was on the reservation list. Only then did someone ask me if I "needed help." The bartender did not inform us of what beers were included in the happy hour menu. We sat down and waited and waited and waited for service. I have no idea how long we waited, but it was quite while. Overall, extremely bad customer service. We left and went to Billy Berks where we were immediately greeted, seated, offered a drink, and asked if we would like an appetizer. After a long day of work, this is hwo I like to be treated at a restaurant - as if I matter.
- ok, not greatNickyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Very limited menu. some items not described well/accurately. Happy hour prices/specials were great.
- The following 4 reviews are from the Nomikai reviews archive.
- Cocktail lounge, not a restaurantLocalLosGatosDinerVIPDined on 2/21/2014The only thing more limited than the menu is the dining room space. The kitchen is tiny, so the food approach is heat and serve. Went during happy hour--not sure if the drinks are the regular size during that time, but they seemed about half the size of what you'd expect. I suspect that things here pick up later in the evening.
- Good for Happy HourSnowfishDined on 2/14/2014The menu might sound weird with the Chinese fusion pizza, but actually they are pretty good. All of their dishes are pretty small, except the pizzas, so it's a good place for people to hangout after work. Plus they are really close to San Jose downtown, which makes it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date placejole1981Dined on 2/14/2014Took my fiancée here with a last minute reservation. The place was not packed at 7pm but I'm sure it got more busy in the evening. Good food. I like the Japanese take on pizza as well as the Japanese whiskey cocktails. Nice date ambiance. We would definitely consider coming back and/or even inviting friends out for a drink there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- whiskey wednesdaytravelsforalivingVIPDined on 1/22/2014I had for an appetizer a garlic bread with eggplant paste spread. It was better than I was expecting. For my entree I had a pear with caramelized onion pizza. It was spectacular. They have a very good happy hour menu and their whiskey selection is not large but all high quality. Service was perfect. Beautiful and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.