165 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nomado33.com/
- Phone: 2128892833
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 3:30pm - 11:00pm; Saturday and Sunday: Open at Noon.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tony Chan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from Nomado 33
Delicious, Japanese-inspired fusion cuisine. An intimate, modern atmosphere. Welcome to Nomado 33, New York City's finest Japanese Fusion Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nomado 33 reviews from OpenTable diners
- YumSushiRobDined on 12/22/2013place was great! Sushi was awesome even with brown riceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won my HeartOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/6/2013Lovely sushi restaurant with great service and interesting and delicious sushi rolls. Of special note is the heart shaped sushi roll. Would be perfect for a romantic engagement. The noise level is calm. Music plays but one can still have a conversation. Attentive but not overbearing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murray hill sleeperfreemarketDined on 12/5/2013Very good food at great price. Quiet. Sophisticated look, not overly crowded.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceArtLDined on 12/2/2013Nomado's large spacious dining room is really comfortable and relaxed. I also enjoyed their rolls which were stuffed with fish and less rice. Really pleasant!Special Features:
- Great Food-Service-PricesHalleeDined on 10/13/2013I found this restaurant checking Zagat & Yelp and we weren't disappointed with the food. It is in a nice Murray Hill neighborhood. We will go back!Special Features:
- smelly, fake japanese foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/27/2013I booked a table last night based on the good review on opentable. The minute you walked into the restaurant, you can smell the odor of aged oil they used for tempura - and in fact the tempura roll tasted really bad because the oil wasn't fresh. In Japan, we used vegetable oil which gives the lightness. I am half japanese half Chinese, so when i heard the sushi chef speaking chinese, I was skeptical and sure enough food was cooked more like Chinese food than Japanese food. It was greasy and overly complex. If you are a foodie, you could tell and know what I mean. Please do not waste your time. They don't even bother to learn to cook japanese properly. I seriously couldn't find one good thing to say about this place.
- Incredible Sushi/Incredible priceFOODIEVIPDined on 8/10/2013In town for the weekend and looking for quality sushi. we ordered the 50 piece sushi/sashimi combo and I have NEVER heard my sushi aficionado husband say he was full. The quality of the sushi/sashimi and presentation was well worth the walk. Plus the sake was good priced and tasty. Service was very good as well.Special Features:
- The Best Sushi in NYC. Period.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2013My wife and I have one place where we MUST eat every time we are in NYC--Nomado 33. The sushi is off the charts, the service is impressive, and the location is easily-accessible. Ever hear that phrase, "I guess you had to be there"? Something about that applies here, because mere words can't do it justice. By the way, this time we introduced our teenage daughters to Nomado 33--they're now hooked! :-)Special Features:
- Great little neighborhood sushiLynnVIPDined on 7/9/2013Sushi was great tasting and very fresh.... the menu was exciting..... service was so- so..... Wine choices could be better...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem off Third AvenueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2013Sushi and sashimi was very good quality. The restaurant was surprisingly good and the ambiance was nice. It is one of the nicest sushi restaurants that I have visited and the prices for lunch were very reasonable. We ate at lunch time and the bill was 31 dollars for 3 people. The sushi and sashimi were very fresh.
- Had a great time for LunchBrianaDined on 6/25/2013we had their maki combo options, with either soup or salad and it was great food for the price. For dessert we had the fried cheesecake and it was delicious! Not soggy or burned, just right :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for sushiroswellxavierDined on 5/10/2013Looking for a place for dinner before a movie at Kips Bay? This is the perfect spot. Quick service, good sushi, and free oranges after dinner. Simple but effective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, fresh sushi andVGEpeachDined on 5/10/2013Fantastic, fresh sushi and a great menu! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot...except for the tuna...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/9/2013I initially had a reservation for 2 which ended up becoming 5. They were very, very accommodating and made us feel welcome. The meal was ok except for the tuna tartare and tuna roll which was a bit off , but they were very quick to take away and remove from our bill.
- Food was OK, but service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/14/2012Food was OK, but service was lousy. It took forever for the waitress to come over to my table. Then, 20 minutes after I placed my order, she comes back to tell me they didn't have something that was on the menu. The owner paced around the room like glaring at customers. I wouldn't waste my time and money to go here again.
- Pleasantly surprised!Vail77VIPDined on 12/8/2012In town from LA and needed sushi at 10:00pm and stumbled upon this sushi house. The staff were very friendly, quick, and the sushi was actually quite good.Special Features:
- just really mediocre sushi,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/20/2012just really mediocre sushi, no ambiance at all, food isnt bad, just not super fresh and high quality
- This is my nth time at NomadoSuperman09VIPDined on 9/13/2012This is my nth time at Nomado 33. As always, I leave the place with a smile on my face and satisfied stomach and cravings. Nomado roll and pizza roll are a must-try dish :) happy eating!Special Features:
- Definitely the freshest, mostOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2012Definitely the freshest, most innovative sushi in the area!
- solid sushi. quick service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2012solid sushi. quick service, but not pushy. would recommend for a weekday dinner with a friend or two.
- Went for a birthday and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/2/2012Went for a birthday and they were nice and accommodating - turned out the lights and brought out the cake with candles (I supplied cake and candles).Special Features:
- As always, I find myself smilingSuperman09VIPDined on 5/18/2012As always, I find myself smiling and satisfied after eating at Nomado 33. Best sushi place in NYC by far in my perspective.Special Features:
- Sushi was just OK. Had readTammyVIPDined on 5/18/2012Sushi was just OK. Had read good reviews on MenuPages but fish wasn't as fresh as I'd hoped. Great value though.
- We came specifically for sushi.GoodEatnDined on 4/7/2012We came specifically for sushi. Their selection was terrific, and it was extremely fresh. Service was attentive, and they were able to explain the various selections and make very good recommendations.Special Features:
- Great Special RollsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2012We had special rolls for dinner and they were all incredibly beautiful and tasty, just as sushi should be. The wait staff were all very friendly and our water glasses were never empty.Special Features:
- This place offers one of theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/25/2012This place offers one of the best sushi lunch specials in town. The rolls are consistent, fresh, and big! Easily beats Iron Sushi, Aji, and some others in the Murray Hill area.Special Features:
- Great sushi overall. LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2012Great sushi overall. Love the Christmas roll. Haven't had a bad experience here ever and I've been eating here for years.Special Features:
- Great and endless types ofNikkiDined on 2/12/2012Great and endless types of sushi to try! Very Americanized but it doesnt mea It wasn't great. Blueocean specialty roll by far the best.Special Features:
- I love Nomado33. I had walkedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2012I love Nomado33. I had walked about 10 blocks from my office and the hostess could tell I was freezing and sat us right by the radiator. Food is always fresh and service is great as well. I'm pretty picky about my sushi and the waitress helped me change some of the rolls around to things I would like.
- ;)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011Great food and great place! We really enjoyed everything!Special Features:
- Really good sushi, would haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011Really good sushi, would have even been better if the Sushi chefs engaged with the customers at the Sushi BarSpecial Features:
- too noisy, but food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/3/2011too noisy, but food was great and so was service. The place is not too big but is nice and elegant.
- Great sushi at a really greatNat324Dined on 12/2/2011Great sushi at a really great price! I would highly recommend and I hope to go back soon.Special Features:
- Although not authentic sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2011Although not authentic sushi it's decent and the prices aren't too bad.Special Features:
- Great find! Great sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2011Excellent sushi! Our party of four thoroughly enjoyed everything about our experience. Very quiet and not too crowded for NYC. I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves sushi.Special Features:
- Very Americanized. Out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2011Very Americanized. Out of several items on the menu.
- Great, accessible sushi. ReasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011Great, accessible sushi. Reasonably priced and easy to get a seat.Special Features:
- Very good portion sushi rollsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/15/2011Very good portion sushi rolls at very reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- Great Sushi, Reasonably priced!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011A great spot for my girlfriend and I to have a nice dinner for the evening, it was within a few blocks walk of our hotel. Nomado is a small restaurant but impeccably clean, and the sushi tasted fresh and delicious, and at bargain prices for NYC too! I enjoyed the King Crab Avocado Roll and the Dream Roll the best, my girlfriend loved her combo of spicy tuna/banana tempura roll, what a nice tasting combination! We would definitely recommend Nomado to others, and when we are back in the area we will be dining there again!Special Features:
- Consistently excellent withgreatplaceDined on 10/9/2011Consistently excellent with roundly efficient staffSpecial Features: