One Radisson Plaza
New Rochelle, NY 10801Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.radissonnewrochelle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&ref=CityChowHouse&category=Main
- Phone: 9145764141
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:45pm
Saturday - Sunday: 12:15 - 4:45pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Dinner: NoMa Social is closed but has a limited hotel menu
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:45am
Saturday -Sunday: 7:00am -12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Bill Rosenberg
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Wine
A word from NoMa Social
Chef Bill Rosenberg, formerly of f.i.s.h. restaurant and Barcelona, is serving up small plates such as haloumi a la plancha with fig jam, cioppolini onion candy, and skirt steak to name a few from our long tapas list at NoMa Social located in the Radisson Hotel. The dinner menu offers such items as wood-fired pizzas, paella, chicken scarpariello, and custom charcuterie boards. The restaurant also features an extensive wine and beer menu, along with signature sangrias. The scene is set for guests to enjoy our tempting menu in a chic atmosphere, casually and comfortably. NoMa Social is a local favorite for lunch and dinner, playing host to neighborhood foodies and hotel guests alike. Offering daily specials and late night, weekend menus. Whether sitting at our bar or in the dining room, or one of our comfortable couches, our delicious menu has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
NoMa Social - Best Restaurants in New Rochelle ›
NoMa Social reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)special occasion (2)romantic (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- What a strange Place!!JanetDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I came here on a whim and it was such a strange place, mostly for the decor. We sat at a table, no one was around to seat us or even to help us. We waited for at least 10 mins and finally a waiter saw us and came over. When we asked for menus he suggested to us that we sit at the bar and take advantage of Happy Hour. The food was ok, just ok, but we were really amused by the decor. Purple leatherette chairs with white wood frames and black tables.........animal cushions with wood stump tables, purple velvet couches, black and white curtains--it looked like they decorated with whatever was on sale. My first glass of wine was tasty, but there was no more!, so I was given another wine for my second glass which was not good.
- MGYSGTCARR NoMaMGYSGTCARRDined on 8/8/2014Embedded within the Radisson Plaza Hotel, Food was good, and started off well. Appetizers and entrees met expectation's. Table service also started out well. Tapas portions sized appropriately and good variety for Mediterranean fair. Pricing was also good for the plate sizing making the portion to price point easy to live with. Where they lost points was the following; Because it was a Friday evening meal they apparently combine after-hrs dance/club-music into the main dining-bar area which then made it difficult to have table conversation. Once the adjacent activity picked up the wait staff became easily distracted with the volume and emphasis was place on the bar crowd vice tables and the shift was obvious. Overall I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingYum4FunDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I went on Sunday, 8/3/2014 to end my birthday weekend. The that waiter that we had catered solely to those of a lighter hue. Poor representation of this establishment. We watched everyone else get there full course meal (tapas, wine, cheeses, wood fired pizza, and other main entrees) within ten minutes.We sat there for almost an hour with no food.
- Always GreatAnnieBVIPDined on 8/2/2014Fantastic food & fabulous service from our regular waiter Kevin. Live the tapas & pizza.Special Features:
- PatrickVIPDined on 7/25/2014good food great service from our waiter. I am not sure Noma trains the hostesses as they always ant to sit newly arriving guests next to big parties with kids or at the one empty table in one section when the rest of the restaurant is emptySpecial Features:
- Great varietyLaurieVIPDined on 7/22/2014Love Tapas menus so that you can try a number of items. Loved the cauliflower; Brussel sprouts; duck confit and guns tartare. Good service and great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I went backAmylDined on 6/28/2014I'd been to Noma Social a couple of years ago and wasn't too impressed. We just returned for the 5 Tapas and Sangria special and am really glad that we did because both the food and service were very good. The setting is not quite my style but is very comfortable. I really recommend the Tapas and we had a mushroom pizza that all enjoyed as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatrickVIPDined on 6/26/2014try the pizza ...it is moutn-watering; each pizza is more than enough for a hungry adult.Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the NoMa Social reviews archive.
- Ruined mother's dayPompiVIPDined on 5/11/2014Reservation for 1145AM mothers day Arrived to find that they where not seating until 12 and there was no brunch as advertised. I was told the hostess had called to inform me of the issues. I had received no call and asked to speak with the hostess. When I did speak with her, she informed me she called but it went straight to voicemail and that she didn't leave a message!Ive enjoyed NoMA Social in past many times as i live in the area. However this incredible lack of customer service, on a holiday, and in front of my family was embarrassing to say to the least. Trying to recover with a new brunch reservation on Mother's Day proved impossible. We ended up a at local dinner where the customer service felt like fine dining in comparison.
- Good food, terribly noisyOLPOPDined on 4/26/2014Everyone had to raise their voices to be heard. Carpeting would be a great idea. The food and service were lovely.Special Features:
- Good food, so-so service & ambianceABDDDined on 4/26/2014The food was fantastic but we got the slowest waiter. However, the people actually bringing out the food were very attentive and efficient. One of the guys actually overheard us talking about how we wish the croquette appetizer had 4 instead of 3 croquettes (since we were 4 people), and so he later brought us out a fourth! That was very nice. The ambiance was lacking for the left side of the restaurant which was a big open space with several tables randomly/awkwardly placed around the room (not intimate or cozy). The view of the car dealer across the street also didnt help! They should plant trees/bushes around the hotel. Despite these issues, the food is worth coming to this place!Special Features:
- Great tapasScottDined on 4/18/2014Wide and broad selection of tapas. Everything was good. Went there last night and enjoyed trying several different tapas.Special Features:
- Very good Tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/18/2014We were looking for a light diner night with some tapas and we were not disappointed! The decor of the restaurant is really nice, I think it must be a hot spot later in the night. The waiter was very courteous. They have a good list of cocktails and even their virgin cocktails are excellent (I'm pregnant) We took only a selection of tapas, they were extremely good! I will definitively come back! The only drawback is the area, there is nothing around it.Special Features:
- Great place to eat, very goodNatyDined on 4/2/2014Great place to eat, very good service, the only regret is the drinks- they were on the weak sideSpecial Features:
- Good until the music was blastedWheredayawannaeatVIPDined on 3/22/2014Good food and nice atmosphere. Once it turned over from restaurant to club it was unpleasant.Special Features:
- Great local spotJakeDined on 3/18/2014Came here with my wife a few times - great tapas place! Also, came to Noma Social with my company for our holiday party in December. Great ambiance and specials. We love the selection - both food and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemSmokeyVIPDined on 2/22/2014Great resturant with fantastic food and great service. The chef ( Billy)comes out to greet you during your meal and seems to rally care about you dining expierience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food and the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014the food and the service was ok, nothing special about either of them. I would not go back thereSpecial Features:
- A Westchester Gemtornheart836Dined on 2/1/2014NoMa is a gem in the grand scheme of going out things. Close, friendly, late night goodies, and eclectic. I love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT AS ANTICIPATEDNancyDined on 1/18/2014It wasn't bad but I expected more! We went out for a family dinner and I had heard the food was good...the reviews were as well. The tapas was better than the entrees between the four of us our mains were; lobster risotto, steak, mixed grill and pizza. All pretty safe but none were spectacular. In the lobster risotto for example, the lobster should have been the star. But there was a mix of vegetables and scallion that overtook the dish. The apple tart for dessert was the real winner, don't mid it if you go! The service was great but the restaurant was also not busy, not too say it would be any less if it were busier. In a nutshell do tapas and dessert!
- Fun atmosphere!TiffanyDined on 1/4/2014I recently dined here with friends of mine and loved the atmosphere. The food was tasty, although a bit heavy/greasy for my taste. This restaurant serves small plates which is great for a more casual evening of chit chat and drinks witch the girls! They had a great deal as well that included a pitcher of Sangria. The service is a bit slow and awkward, but the staff was friendly nonetheless. I enjoyed the evening and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Overcharge for drinkslarryVIPDined on 1/3/2014I have dined here twice and both times have been "mistakenly" charged more for our drinks then the actual costs. After letting the waiter know, the bill was adjusted with an apology. I can understand an honest mistake one time but question the same occurrence both times. Diners need to check their bill carefully at this location.
- Only if you have no alternativeFederalVIPDined on 12/11/2013Worst thing was the service from the kitchen, though the serving staff was indifferent & ineffective as well. Food was no better, either over-, or undercooked. Party of 8, the entrees took 49 minutes to arrive from when the first entree was delivered to the table, to the last. Nothing complex was ordered but the entrees randomly arrived at the table, one at a time, over the span of those 49 minutes. It was inexplicable; and no apology or explanation was offered. The serving staff has no control over the kitchen so I still gave more than a 20% gratuity because I can't imagine they are busy beyond their captive hotel guests who are trapped there with no dining alternatives. But they didn't even say thank you so just a very bad experience.
- Great food. I recommend thisReturningdinerDined on 12/7/2013Great food. I recommend this restaurant every chance I get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Rochelle TreasureTommyDined on 11/30/2013I never would have guessed that a hotel restaurant would be such a pleasant experience, but it is! The food is fresh, well prepared and interesting. The service is excellent. The dining room is well designed and comfortable. This really is a wonderful place to stop in for tapas or an more traditional dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There was a BIG group; otherPatrickVIPDined on 11/8/2013There was a BIG group; other than the noise level, the staff didn't miss a beat. The Rosen burger is tremendous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food; Strange LocationNYerDined on 11/2/2013Our party of four had a solid dinner at NoMa. We started with several tapas and a salad. We thought the bacon croquettes were great, as was the chorizo sausage and figs. The beet salad was good too. For our main meals our party had the salmon, duck and bass, and we were all pleased. For dessert we had the apple tart and the ice cream and both were excellent. Despite negative reviews around service, our waitress was attentive and made sure to follow-up regularly. Our only criticism is the location-- attached to a Radison Hotel in a particularly depressing area of New Rochelle, and the vibe, which was drearily suburban.
- Loved this placeATV1819Dined on 10/18/2013We went for my sisters birthday and it couldn't have been better! The food choices were amazing and the 5 tapas for $50 with a pitcher of Sangria was perfect start to our party!!! We got the cheese and bacon crouettes, olives, potatos brava and meatballs. All great!! Our waiter Nick was outstanding - knowledgeable, patient and efficient! One of our diners has a gluten allergy and Nick went out of his way to work with the chef to point out choices that would be ideal for her. Our entrees - the skirt steak, gnocchi with braised beef and risotto were worth coming back for. The menu is truly outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was lackingWestchesterEaterDined on 10/5/2013There's a mgmt issue here. At the bar, I had to ask for a drink menu. No manager helped the bartender as she tried to change the printer paper for 10 mins, holding on to my credit card. Table service was just as bad. She took our order for one salad and two entrees (two-top). A runner brought the salad and entree at the same time so I have to let my entree get cold while rushing thru the salad. That's when the waitress came to ask how everything was. Good thing I ordered another drink then because I didn't see her again until we were ready to leave. She didn't bring me a check -- I just gave her my card and told her to cash me out. She missed the chance to sell dessert or another drink. Servers need training! Mgmt needs to mind the store!
- Reliable standbyTrueManVIPDined on 9/21/2013The food was excellent as usual. The service was also very good. But the noise level was so high that it made casual conversation quite difficult. That said, I will continue coming here because the food is worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will give it another shot.RedAdManDined on 9/21/2013The food was terrific and interesting. They fell down a little on the desserts and the service just disappeared. We had to hunt for someone to bring us a check. I hope that this is just growing pains because we really liked the food.Special Features:
- Tapas in New RochelleTommyDined on 9/19/2013We enjoyed very nice wine, and a few very well prepared plates of Tapas at this low key New Rochelle restaurant. The restaurant is nicely designed. The staff is very well trained and service was prompt and professional. All in all, a very pleasant meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surpriseWilzVIPDined on 9/12/2013I really enjoyed the Shrimp tapas dish. Seems like a fun hangout with friends kind of place.
- Love me some tapas!RochelleVIPDined on 9/12/2013New Rochelle needed a place like this. I have to be honest... I wasn't entirely BLOWN away, but I was pleased. The food was good, our waiter was a bit odd. The ambiance and decor has a bit of a "cold" feeling to it. But ultimately, we weren't disappointed. After dinner, we decided to stay and finish watching a basketball game at the bar and that was the highlight. The bartender was extremely friendly and his drinks were fabulous. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Not memorable00123Dined on 8/9/2013Not recommend for special occasions or a night out for drinksSpecial Features:
- great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2013service was basically absent, and they weren't busy, hostess tried to make amends to our complaints by comping 2 glasses of wine but service remained poor throughout. food was quite good. uncertain if i will returnSpecial Features:
- We visited NoMa Social duringDebiDined on 7/8/2013We visited NoMa Social during a New Rochelle Restaurant Week promotion, so that most likely accounts for the poor service. We had to wait quite a while for everything and it was difficult to flag down wait staff. The food was good, however and I intend to try it again during a regular week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2013NoMA was beautiful! The Food was great. It is a nice gem away from the City.Special Features:
- Glad I went here!Happy2returnVIPDined on 6/29/2013Great menu choices-good variation! Wouldn't order paella again because it had a smoky taste to it. I asked for no chorizo so I think they just removed it. The drinks were yummy, the servers were attentive and nice. Will def return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outDBethVIPDined on 6/20/2013Fabulous food, great service...love this restaurant!Special Features: