534 Saint Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/nola-restaurant
- Phone: 5045226652x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday - Monday: 11:30am – 2:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Joshua Laskay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Customize your private party with exquisite food, wine and service.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Favrot 5045226652x
A word from NOLA Restaurant
NOLA. New Orleans Shorthand for a return address with a hurricane swirl.... the strength of the storm by which Emeril Lagasse has taken his adopted home New Orleans with a whirlwind of fresh adaptations of classic Creole cuisine. Located in the French Quarter, this hip & fun restaurant's decor is almost as playful & sophisticated as its menu. Come & see how Emeril Lagasse breathes new life into the New Orleans cuisine he loves. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual to business casual with no tank tops for men. Joshua Laskay, Chef de Cuisine, and Averriel Thomas, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
NOLA Restaurant - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
NOLA Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
629 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (406)special occasion (353)good for groups (199)neighborhood gem (196)romantic (186)notable wine list (178)hot spot (163)great for lunch (97)great for brunch (41)vibrant bar scene (37)late-night find (28)scenic view (24)kid-friendly (22)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014We spent a week in Louisiana and this meal was by far the best. Each dish we had was excellent and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- First Trip To Nola'sSciguyluvs2eatDined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Nolas. It met our exceptations! We have been watching Emeril for years. My husband had the fried chicken which was boneless and very moist and flavorful. I had the drum fish (similiar to a red snapper) absolutely delicious. Shared an order of BBQ Shrimp,which I fell in love with here in New Orleans. notified the restaurant it was my husbands birthday, bit the kitchen sent out nothing! Very professional service! Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA is a little bit of HeavenLuluDined on 10/17/2014If you want a truly memorial experience, then you are at the right place. Nola, located in the French Quarter has totally tantalizing food that will entice everyone! The General Manager Avril is fantastic, and the entire staff go about making this a truly wonderful experience. The food is unbelieveable with nuansances that titalite your taste buds. This is a MUST go to when visiting the French Quarter in New Orleans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 adults-great lunchsisterbayDined on 10/17/2014so many choices in town but this place is the best-get there and enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAcatsiVIPDined on 10/17/2014We went to NOLA on our last day in New Orleans for lunch. What a great place! The food was outstanding, the service was perfect and it was the perfect ending to a wonderful trip.Special Features:
- Did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Food was great and service was beyond wonderful. Be prepare for noise and magnificent goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must dine at in New OrleansAshvEdVIPDined on 10/16/2014Awesome service and food too. Emeril should be proud of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very noisyNikonJeffDined on 10/15/2014The waitstaff was very attentive, but the entres and desserts took too long to come out. I suspect problems in the kitchen. Our party of two was seated near three tables of 8 or 9 - all shouting across the table to one another. We took off a star for that alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort good.NdngolferVIPDined on 10/14/2014Just great hearty New Orleans dishes. The portions are big, which is just right for this type of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/14/2014Outstanding restaurant! Food and service ALWAYS spot on! I love bringing my family and friends to NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- louisDined on 10/14/2014All the hype about the food and service were understated. This place was great. I would recommend to anyone. Terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must go!DecadentDinningDined on 10/13/2014Nola was absolutely a wonderful dinning experience. The atmosphere, the staff and the food were all delightful. I do not normally write reviews and can be rather picky but this was no doubt one of the best dinning experiences I have ever had. Only complaint was it was a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little below expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/13/2014The abundance of floor staff (3 per table) and mild lack of attentiveness left me a bit perplexed. Also, while the food was generally tasty, it was over-seasoned across the board - too much salt. We had to return a salad twice without resolution. Generally a good place, better than some, but there are other destinations in the Quarter that offer a higher end meal for the price.
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We are vegetarians so the options were a bit limited but NOLA made up for that by offerring an unbelievable portabella mushroom dish that just burst with flavor. OUTSTANDING!! Service was perfect-never had an empty water glass. I had the pumpkin cake for dessert and it was just so sublime in its flavoring. Thank you NOLASpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Loved the shrimp and grits!!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentSaraDined on 10/12/2014Excellent nothing but the best from Emeril, great French Quarter locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans classicOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/12/2014We recently wrapped up our weekend trip to New Orleans and had our last meal at NOLA. This restaurant was rec to us by a friend who lives in Louisiana. We were promptly seated and waited on by a team of staff members. We ordered the pocket bread for an app and it came out fresh from the oven. My wife ordered the best tasting fried chicken that was crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. My daughter dined on the shrimp and grits. The sauce on the shrimp was packed full of flavor. I ordered the mussels with boudain with a bed of shoe string fries. The fries eventually soaked up the broth from the mussels which was excellent. My son was happy with his cheese pizza. The best part of lunch was the gooey chocolate dessert!Special Features:
- NOLAOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We came in for my husband's 30th birthday and were greeted by several friendly hosts. They immediately took us up in the elevator to our table where we were served by two members of the wait staff. I snuck our server 3-0 birthday candles which they lit and propped up on our amazingly delicious banana cake at the end of the meal. Their drink recommendations were great, and the food was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Poor service!!MeladavDined on 10/11/2014Waited over 45 minutes for entree!! Fish and shrimp were rubbery and overdone, probably had been rewarmed.
- Always fabulouslCarolynVIPDined on 10/11/2014I've been to NOLA three times, and each time the experience has been so good as to warrant a "best ever" dining experience. Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting BetterFoodieGoneWildDined on 10/11/2014As locals, we are spoiled by the best restaurants in the country. We have our choice of so many locations and Emerill's NOLA continues to impress everytime. Whether you're visiting from out of town or a local, you simply can't beat the service, wine selection and (oh yea) the food! We'll be back ...... very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deloris Smithdessie1214Dined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed our lunch so much. It was our 40th wedding anniversary and I loved celebrating it at NOLA. The food was excellent. I would recommend it to everyone. The service was great. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent dinner. Our experience better than expected.Special Features:
- gooseDined on 10/10/2014Fine dining our first night in New Orleans. Was able to dine at several noted restaurants while there and NOLA was second to none.Special Features:
- Last lunch of our vacation...rxpharmdDined on 10/10/2014We both had sandwiches (pork cheek, and a turkey panina) and they were excellent. The food and service were both top notch. I'm sort of an iced tea "snob" but I thought the iced tea was notable as well. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience and would love to go back if ever in town again.Special Features:
- NOLA the best!DiFioreDined on 10/9/2014Incredible dining experience. Wait staff are all well trained pros. Food choices are creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh yum!LutotravelDined on 10/9/2014NOLA came highly recommended by friends and we were not disappointed! The food was simply out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014Eat here last year and was very impressed with service and food, this year not so much. 1.5 hours to receive main dish, 33 min to receive dessert and list goes on and on. Very disappointed in service and quality of Food. I will be returning to NO in DEC but will no longer take my clients to NOLA. Sorry
- Oh soooo busyCrazy8CravingDined on 10/8/2014I was really looking forward to dinner with my 2 adult daughters here. There was a convention in town and the restaurant was booming. Large parties on both floors created loud conversations and in order to chat we had to raise our voices to carry on conversations. The kitchen did its best to keep up with demand. Overall a great establishment, just lost the ambience for us - it was too business geared,we were hoping for a pleasant fine dining experience - we were on a holiday not a business trip. :(Special Features:
- worth the waitCletusOKCDined on 10/8/2014a fantastic dining experience. It had been 11 years since my last dinner at Nola's and again, it was worth the wait. The impeccable service by the wait staff, and the food, set the tone for a great experience. Don't plan on waiting that long again, as Nawlins will be another trip planned for next year, and NOLA's will be at the top of my reservation list. Restaurant contacts the diner to remind the patron of their upcoming reservation which is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to ravesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014A colleague recommended as one of the best meals she'd ever had. Absolutely the case!Special Features:
- ChrischrisDined on 10/7/2014$12 for coffee?? Pork overcooked Otherwise an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014The good and service were impeccable! It is a must do in NOLA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to backCandmVIPDined on 10/7/2014We went to NOLA the day after eating at Emeril's, we were so impressed with the level of service, professionalism and the great food. Both locations are a step above most other restaurants we encourage you to make a point to visit when you are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans tripSofeeDined on 10/6/2014We booked this restaurant for 7:30 on a Monday night. We arrived early and was seated right away. We were seated on 2nd floor. Tables were a little close together. Waiter was knowledgable about menu. Wine list was huge. Appetizer Pork Cheek Boudin was excellent. Salads were good. Service was a little slow between salad and entree. The manager came over to tell us that our food would be out shortly. Drum was excellent, buttermilk fried chicken was great except it was way to much food. Desserts we had were warm ooey gooey cake and creme brûlée trio. Both of which great. Except for loud noise, slow service between entrees, the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Checked off dining with Emeril!LadyLCGDined on 10/6/2014We wanted to experience the food of Emeril Lagasse and got the chance through opentable to book for two easily. The service was excellent right from the start. From start to finish we enjoyed our food, cocktails and wine. The two of us shared the stuffed chicken wings appetizer with the hoisin sauce and they were delicious. My daughter then had the fish (drum) and I had the duck. I would not choose the duck again in such a situation since it is too similar to the chicken wings but it was good. A particular highlight was the peach dessert. Best crust I have ever had.Special Features:
- Good SpotHHunt85Dined on 10/5/2014NOLA was recommended to us by several people including people on our airplane. So.glad we made reservations! A little pricey but you get what you pay for, right? Shrimp and Grits was perfect! Banana Pudding cake had huge pieces of real fresh banana in it. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in French QuarterBucknutsDined on 10/5/2014Stuffed wings, gumbo, drum fish and fried chicken - all excellent! Food , service, and overall experience what you would expect and wouldn't hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningKyproud411Dined on 10/5/2014While we were in New Orleans, my daughter got to pick the restaurant. I told her to look at all of the reviews and pick something special. She chose NOLA and we could be more pleased. Service was outstanding and our kept the evening up upbeat. The food was everything we would have expected at an Emeril restaurant. The stuffed chicken wings were excellent and the chicken and country gravy was the best. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAM BAM BAM!! AmazingSMYMVIPDined on 10/5/2014Emeril's NOLA restaurant was amazing, and well worth it! the warm Ooey Gooey cake was deliciousSpecial Features: