534 Saint Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/nola-restaurant
- Phone: 5045226652x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday - Monday: 11:30am – 2:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Joshua Laskay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Customize your private party with exquisite food, wine and service.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Favrot 5045226652x
A word from NOLA Restaurant
NOLA. New Orleans Shorthand for a return address with a hurricane swirl.... the strength of the storm by which Emeril Lagasse has taken his adopted home New Orleans with a whirlwind of fresh adaptations of classic Creole cuisine. Located in the French Quarter, this hip & fun restaurant's decor is almost as playful & sophisticated as its menu. Come & see how Emeril Lagasse breathes new life into the New Orleans cuisine he loves. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual to business casual with no tank tops for men. Joshua Laskay, Chef de Cuisine, and Averriel Thomas, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
NOLA Restaurant - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
NOLA Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
620 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (408)special occasion (350)good for groups (198)neighborhood gem (198)romantic (185)notable wine list (180)hot spot (165)great for lunch (96)great for brunch (39)vibrant bar scene (38)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (23)scenic view (22)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014The food was average, the place was noisy, and not the ambiance I expected. I may go back, but with all thar New Orleans has to offer, probably not.
- NOLA was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014NOLA was good but we went to Delmonico and it was MUCH better!!! The service here was okay. The food was good, but it wasn't "next level". It was a good location and a very nice evening but if you are only going to one Emeril's restaurant, I would recommend Delmonico.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014I have wanted to eat at Nola for a long time but I guess it was too long. The specialness is gone. The bread basket was tasteless, the steak overdone, the potatoes greasy and bland, the Caesar salad drowned in dressing! The duck and dessert were delicious! We eat in Vegas occasionally and know Delmonaco's. This steak did not even come close. It tasted like overdone meat rub. Not worth a return.Special Features:
- Great Visit to NolaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014We sat at the chefs bars overlooking the kitchen. Was a lot of fun chatting with the chef(Alex) at the brick oven station which was right in front us. Food was fantastic. My one son and I had Shrimp and Grits which were awesome and my wife had the Drum, which she loved. My other son had Duck which was very good. Mussel appetizer was very good, highly recommend it. Overall a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014A bit pricey, but you have to consider where you are and the name behind the place. Emeril's syrah is a good-tasting wine. The stuffed chicken wing appetizer was delicious. The fried chicken breasts were good, not greasy, and the sweet potatoes were a good match. The snap peas were perfectly done (crunchy and tasty). My partner enjoyed the Shrimp & Grits.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerNoBreaux3Dined on 10/18/2014Had my wife's Birthday Dinner here and I must admit it was the best dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started off greatDocandCopDined on 10/18/2014The atmosphere was wonderful. The food was beautiful and very good. However, we think they forgot to prepare our dinner and we were bored and annoyed waiting. It was too noisy to carry on a conversation at a normal tone so it was very frustrating overall.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Came to restaurant and had a wonderful experience! Everything was excellent ! Thx for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spunkydaDined on 10/17/2014We spent a week in Louisiana and this meal was by far the best. Each dish we had was excellent and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- First Trip To Nola'sSciguyluvs2eatDined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Nolas. It met our exceptations! We have been watching Emeril for years. My husband had the fried chicken which was boneless and very moist and flavorful. I had the drum fish (similiar to a red snapper) absolutely delicious. Shared an order of BBQ Shrimp,which I fell in love with here in New Orleans. notified the restaurant it was my husbands birthday, bit the kitchen sent out nothing! Very professional service! Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA is a little bit of HeavenLuluDined on 10/17/2014If you want a truly memorial experience, then you are at the right place. Nola, located in the French Quarter has totally tantalizing food that will entice everyone! The General Manager Avril is fantastic, and the entire staff go about making this a truly wonderful experience. The food is unbelieveable with nuansances that titalite your taste buds. This is a MUST go to when visiting the French Quarter in New Orleans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 adults-great lunchsisterbayDined on 10/17/2014so many choices in town but this place is the best-get there and enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAcatsiVIPDined on 10/17/2014We went to NOLA on our last day in New Orleans for lunch. What a great place! The food was outstanding, the service was perfect and it was the perfect ending to a wonderful trip.Special Features:
- Did not disappointSherDined on 10/16/2014Food was great and service was beyond wonderful. Be prepare for noise and magnificent goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must dine at in New OrleansAshvEdVIPDined on 10/16/2014Awesome service and food too. Emeril should be proud of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ian KIanKDined on 10/16/2014Great service and delicious specials ... got to sit at the chef's table and it was a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Great food, very noisyNikonJeffDined on 10/15/2014The waitstaff was very attentive, but the entres and desserts took too long to come out. I suspect problems in the kitchen. Our party of two was seated near three tables of 8 or 9 - all shouting across the table to one another. We took off a star for that alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort good.NdngolferVIPDined on 10/14/2014Just great hearty New Orleans dishes. The portions are big, which is just right for this type of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible NolaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014I have a Culinary bucket list and one of Emeril's New Orleans restaurant are on that list. We chose Nola as it was close to our hotel. It was amazing! Did not disappoint! We ordered the Pork cheek Boudin balls and they were so decadent my husband wanted to order them for desert!!! I then had the Shrimp and Grits and it was unbelievable! I did not want the dish to end. The restaurant itself has incredible charm and sitting there in a city that I had always wanted to visit was almost overwhelming. It was perfect. I can't wait to go back to that incredible city and go to another one of Emeril's restaurants!!Special Features:
- SharonDined on 10/14/2014Outstanding restaurant! Food and service ALWAYS spot on! I love bringing my family and friends to NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- louisDined on 10/14/2014All the hype about the food and service were understated. This place was great. I would recommend to anyone. Terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must go!DecadentDinningDined on 10/13/2014Nola was absolutely a wonderful dinning experience. The atmosphere, the staff and the food were all delightful. I do not normally write reviews and can be rather picky but this was no doubt one of the best dinning experiences I have ever had. Only complaint was it was a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little below expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/13/2014The abundance of floor staff (3 per table) and mild lack of attentiveness left me a bit perplexed. Also, while the food was generally tasty, it was over-seasoned across the board - too much salt. We had to return a salad twice without resolution. Generally a good place, better than some, but there are other destinations in the Quarter that offer a higher end meal for the price.
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We are vegetarians so the options were a bit limited but NOLA made up for that by offerring an unbelievable portabella mushroom dish that just burst with flavor. OUTSTANDING!! Service was perfect-never had an empty water glass. I had the pumpkin cake for dessert and it was just so sublime in its flavoring. Thank you NOLASpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Loved the shrimp and grits!!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentSaraDined on 10/12/2014Excellent nothing but the best from Emeril, great French Quarter locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans classicOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/12/2014We recently wrapped up our weekend trip to New Orleans and had our last meal at NOLA. This restaurant was rec to us by a friend who lives in Louisiana. We were promptly seated and waited on by a team of staff members. We ordered the pocket bread for an app and it came out fresh from the oven. My wife ordered the best tasting fried chicken that was crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. My daughter dined on the shrimp and grits. The sauce on the shrimp was packed full of flavor. I ordered the mussels with boudain with a bed of shoe string fries. The fries eventually soaked up the broth from the mussels which was excellent. My son was happy with his cheese pizza. The best part of lunch was the gooey chocolate dessert!Special Features:
- NOLAOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We came in for my husband's 30th birthday and were greeted by several friendly hosts. They immediately took us up in the elevator to our table where we were served by two members of the wait staff. I snuck our server 3-0 birthday candles which they lit and propped up on our amazingly delicious banana cake at the end of the meal. Their drink recommendations were great, and the food was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014There was nothing super special about the menu or ambiance, but everything we had was very good. I had a really nice steak with chimichurri sauce. Really tasty. I also had an excellent bread pudding. I would go back here, but I didn't leave thinking it was one of the best dinners I had ever had. So, it is worth the trip, but I wouldn't choose this over some other places I ate in NOLA.Special Features:
- Poor service!!MeladavDined on 10/11/2014Waited over 45 minutes for entree!! Fish and shrimp were rubbery and overdone, probably had been rewarmed.
- Always fabulouslCarolynVIPDined on 10/11/2014I've been to NOLA three times, and each time the experience has been so good as to warrant a "best ever" dining experience. Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting BetterFoodieGoneWildDined on 10/11/2014As locals, we are spoiled by the best restaurants in the country. We have our choice of so many locations and Emerill's NOLA continues to impress everytime. Whether you're visiting from out of town or a local, you simply can't beat the service, wine selection and (oh yea) the food! We'll be back ...... very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deloris Smithdessie1214Dined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed our lunch so much. It was our 40th wedding anniversary and I loved celebrating it at NOLA. The food was excellent. I would recommend it to everyone. The service was great. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent dinner. Our experience better than expected.Special Features:
- gooseDined on 10/10/2014Fine dining our first night in New Orleans. Was able to dine at several noted restaurants while there and NOLA was second to none.Special Features:
- Last lunch of our vacation...rxpharmdDined on 10/10/2014We both had sandwiches (pork cheek, and a turkey panina) and they were excellent. The food and service were both top notch. I'm sort of an iced tea "snob" but I thought the iced tea was notable as well. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience and would love to go back if ever in town again.Special Features:
- Top Notch ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014NOLA is an absolutely wonderful place to dine. My wife and I had a late night dinner reservation and the staff treated us like royalty. The portion sizes were perfect and each course was brought out at a great pace. I will definitely return to NOLA when traveling in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA the best!DiFioreDined on 10/9/2014Incredible dining experience. Wait staff are all well trained pros. Food choices are creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh yum!LutotravelDined on 10/9/2014NOLA came highly recommended by friends and we were not disappointed! The food was simply out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014Eat here last year and was very impressed with service and food, this year not so much. 1.5 hours to receive main dish, 33 min to receive dessert and list goes on and on. Very disappointed in service and quality of Food. I will be returning to NO in DEC but will no longer take my clients to NOLA. Sorry