534 Saint Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/nola-restaurant
- Phone: 5045226652x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday - Monday: 11:30am – 2:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Joshua Laskay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Customize your private party with exquisite food, wine and service.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Favrot 5045226652x
A word from NOLA Restaurant
NOLA. New Orleans Shorthand for a return address with a hurricane swirl.... the strength of the storm by which Emeril Lagasse has taken his adopted home New Orleans with a whirlwind of fresh adaptations of classic Creole cuisine. Located in the French Quarter, this hip & fun restaurant's decor is almost as playful & sophisticated as its menu. Come & see how Emeril Lagasse breathes new life into the New Orleans cuisine he loves. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual to business casual with no tank tops for men. Joshua Laskay, Chef de Cuisine, and Averriel Thomas, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
NOLA Restaurant - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
NOLA Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
607 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (374)special occasion (341)romantic (195)neighborhood gem (191)good for groups (182)notable wine list (169)hot spot (157)great for lunch (96)great for brunch (43)vibrant bar scene (33)late-night find (32)scenic view (26)kid-friendly (24)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Come on it's Emeril 2.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Certainly not as elegant as Delmonico, it isn't meant to be. The decor is a renovated warehouse and the vibe a bit more casual. The food (yes, always the point for me) is less traditional but wonderfully prepared and the service above reproach. If you are disappointed, it's you not the house.Special Features:
- Another Emeril WinnerPapaGVIPDined on 9/27/2014It had been several years since I had been to New Orleans or to NOLA, but was pleased to discover it is every bit as good as ever. Our entrees--Crusted Drum and a Porkchop--were delicious, cooked to perfection, and embarrassingly large portions. The crab cake appetizer was also good and plenty to share. Wine selections were not as broad as I would have liked--not enough mid range selections--but the house Chardonnay was very nice and a good compliment to the meal. Service was good and professional, if not outstanding, with attentive assistant wait staff. The waiters recommendations were spot on. The restaurant was busy and noisy, but it added to the overall vibe. Prices are moderate. You definitely want reservations here.Special Features:
- I had to spit out my steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Ate here 8 years ago and had the best meal of mylife and this time it was the worst....
- Outstanding experiencePunchieeDined on 9/26/2014From the hospitality specialist, to the food & service. This place is outstanding. Great time with the staff and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always!RaineVIPDined on 9/26/2014NOLA is a must for us anytime we are in town. Their food is consistently great, service is friendly and excellent, and it's a great space! Never disappointed!Special Features:
- Pricey but worth itSkin515Dined on 9/26/2014Expensive, but food is excellent, as is service. Everyone is treated like a VIP. Can't say enough about how attentive the servers are, as they refill your beverages without being asked, which is quite refreshing. Loved everything about the experience and will definitely return on our next visit to the Big Easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experienceGonowDined on 9/25/2014The food was not good. Pork Chop had excessive salt and sage. Could not eat it. Mussels were tiny with lots of sand. Should not have been served. Banana Cream cake-would have been good but the cream on top was not fresh. The best item was the stuffed chicken wings. Extremely disappointing. Would stay away.
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014This place has it all. The best duck in the world. Duck is either the worst or the best. NOLA IS THE BEST. Service is top shelf. Good pricing. I have NEVER had a bad trip to NOLA!!!! Go and enjoy the best food in New Orleans. With all the great food here, that speaks volumes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creole KitchenFoodManDined on 9/25/2014Was seated promptly and the staff was very nice and attentive. I had the roasted duck which was very good. Also the bourbon mashed sweet potatoes was very good. My wife found the garlic roasted drum to be on the salty side. Would advise guests to check the spices when ordering to have the best food experience possible. Broad wine list so you should be able to good matches for food and also try some new winesSpecial Features:
- Nola deliversdak1jebDined on 9/25/2014Nola has top notch service, awesome cocktails and food you would expect from one with Emeril's name attached.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable place with great food.gypsyjimDined on 9/25/2014A friend suggested that we try NOLA for lunch when we had an afternoon in the French Quarter. I am glad I listened. The atmosphere was very quaint and classy, but it was the food that would bring me back if I pass through New Orleans again. VERY tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deb11Dined on 9/24/2014Great food, service, all around great dining experience. A bit loud but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisitrrspokaneDined on 9/24/2014Ate here in 2006 and the service, food and atmosphere is as good as then. Casual dress. Some guys wore jeans and we're not out of place. Portion sizes were sufficient. Dessert was wonderful. Staff was very attentive. Clean bathroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionhay82cookDined on 9/24/2014We were excited to be at an Emerill Lagasse establishment for our farewell night in NOLA! The downside of our experience was a large family seated beside us with 2 young children who ran around the table, banged spoons on the table, etc. We four ladies had to say something to the wait person. The manager later came to their table and spoke with them. It helped the situation. The atmosphere was lively and energetic-but not loud-although not the best venue if one wants a quiet romantic dinner. The butttermilk fried chicken dinner-outstanding! A complaint by two in our group was the excessive tartness in the salad dressing. The wine & desserts were amazing (especially the mocha mousse). We hope someday to try the other 2 Emerill restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great experienceDebraDined on 9/24/2014One of the highlights of my trip was my dinner at NOLA on a Wednesday evening. I love the vibe in this restaurant. The staff are very professional but still manage to be friendly and helpful, and looked like they enjoyed being there. My dinner from appetizer to dessert was simply great. It’s not "fine" classical cuisine, but a good balance of comfort food with a twist or a “kick” as you might imagine. If I had another day I would have gone back to try another dish! I dined at 3 other popular, highly recommended restaurants in the quarter and this meal and the restaurant are still at the top of my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itVW12Dined on 9/24/2014The food was better than I expected. The restaurant was chilly and the food took a long time. The wait staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014Best service I have ever had in a restaurant. Food was great too Recommend gumbo shrimp and grits and banana pudding. All A plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was well prepared and tastyrisottosnobVIPDined on 9/22/2014The BBQ shrimp was an excellent appetizer and everyone who tried it wished they would have ordered it. The New York strip was good and well prepared, but nothing special. The Duck was a large portion that with a crispy, perfectly cooked skin and meat. Very tasty and well cooked. The table also enjoyed the peach pot pie, and the creme brulee trio which were both shareable. I think that the restaurant could be a little cleaner and well kept up.Special Features:
- My last of three meals during myOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014recent visit was a charm. I not only confirmed that I love salmon when it's prepared correctly, but I was also reminded how great your desserts are at NOLA. I will look forward to my next visit to Ner Orleans and make my reservations earlier so I can also have dinner at NOLA. I have shared my great experiences at NOLA with family and friends. Until next time I plan to make the shorter trip to the Las Vegas location.Special Features:
- Wonderful NOLAJDancerDined on 9/21/2014We booked NOLA before our trip and were not disappointed! Beautiful interior, fun atmosphere and wonderful selection for dinner. It was delicious and we would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014One of my favorite places to eat in New Orleans. They always to have fun interesting things on the menu and great drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- *****LovenolaDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding!! Smoked duck was amazing! Staff was on spot. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertoDined on 9/20/2014This Resturant was spectacular.From the service to the food everything was great.The cocktails were made well, the servers were very attentive. I recommend this resturant.Special Features:
- Too noisyBrooklynBobVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a very casual restaurant in an old warehouse. There are 3 floors with an elevator. We were on the 3rd floor near a large loud drunk table celebrating a birthday. It spoiled the whole evening. The food was OK but not great. The service was good.
- LindaLouDined on 9/19/2014Great service and food" try the pork chop and the drum. Both were excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent servicePleasedDined on 9/18/2014The food was wonderful and gigantic portions. Too much really. My wife forgot her reading glasses and wait staff scrambled and found her a pair she could use. Service was excellent, attentive but not overly so. Only complaint was noise level. In fact, first table they seated us at was next to a very loud table of 6 women. We requested a move which the server gladly did. Very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceLawyerVIPDined on 9/18/2014Went there with a rowdy group of 6. The servers joined in our fun while still demonstrating impaccable service and knowledge of the food and drinks offered. The food was amazing!Special Features:
- Consistent Throughout the YearsDianeWDined on 9/18/2014I've dined here several times, including once by myself on my ow when I was in New Orleans on business on my birthday (my gift to myself). This trip I took my family members with me and both the food and service remain top notch. My sister and niece had the pork chop with sweet potatoes and both kept speaking about how great that dinner was during the remainder of our trip. The BBQ shrimp (a staple item) is excellent as was all of our meals. Try one of NOLA's speciality cocktails - very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The first of three meals on my recent visit was felt to be hard to beat ...Special Features:
- The fish special was fantasticgTronDined on 9/17/2014Best Gumbo in NOLA! Too noisy--unable to hold a conversation without yelling across the tableSpecial Features:
- Love NOLAvintara123Dined on 9/17/2014This was our first time at NOLA. Food was excellent, service was wonderful. An overall great experience. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA didn't disappoint!scubamom59Dined on 9/16/2014A vibrant atmosphere, wonderful servers and exceptional food! My friend and I ordered two appetizers each and a salad each so we could try the greatest amount of food. Everything was superb! A not to miss place in the French Quarter!Special Features:
- My 60th birthday!foodforagingDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I are from N.E. PA, visiting NOLA for 4 days to celebrate my 60th birthday. The entire evening was wonderful, from the warm greeting staff at the front door to the final birthday candle in my delicious, not too sweet, cherry sorbet! We dined on a Tues. evening 9/1614. Atmosphere is open warehouse, vibrant, our table was on the upper level at the railing, overlooking the front door area. My husband ordered the incredibly large, moist and perfectly grilled pork chop, and I had the the garlic encrusted drum fish, a favorite of the lovely woman who seated us. I took her advice, it was incredible!! Too numerous to mention, nice little touches with the service that stand out, all making it a very special 60th birthday memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA - a big dissapointmentseriousfoodieDined on 9/15/2014This is charming spot in the French Quarter of New Orleans. One of Emeril's and had I know that I would not have booked as I have had similar experiences in 2 other of his restaurants. Service was slow and haphazard. Our waiter was overly friendly and was all over us just long enough to take a drink order. 2 appetizers finally arrived and the quality of them were fair. Then after waiting for about 30 mins, our main courses were still not there. Our waiter was no where to be found so I went to the front and flagged down the manger. He apologized and when to the kitchen and brought our food. Unfortunately my crab cake was so overcooked that it was sent back. Our entrees were complimentary but what a disappointment for NOLA.Special Features:
- Great serviceBellyonthegoDined on 9/15/2014Tried 3 menu items food was average for the area would not returnSpecial Features:
- NOLA NO GOODTwoSharpDined on 9/14/2014Made the mistake of going on our 21st anniversary, which we mentioned to the hostess as she sat us, she told us she would let our waiter know. Shortly after being seated our waiter greeted us and informed us there would be 3 people taking care of us for the evening. Normally 3 people for one table means we should not have to wait for anything. My husband had to wait about 10 minutes to order his second drink, then another 10 to get it. The noise level was that of a cafeteria, definitely not a good choice for a romantic dinner. My filet mignon was delicious but the presentation on both plates lacked appeal. The puréed veg. on both plates looked and tasted like baby food. No acknowledgment on our anniver., pricy, we would not go back!!!Special Features:
- A culinary treat!DelightedDined on 9/14/2014My first "real" meal in New Orleans was at NOLA, and it was amazing! Our service staff ( we had three, sometimes four people taking care of our party of 3 at all times) was beyond attentive...Raymond, our server, who was celebrating his birthday that night, made some excellent recommendations that we took him up on, both for drinks and food choices. Loved the Caesar salad, the shrimp and grits (my first) was outstanding and definitely try the NOLA lemonade(if you're over 21!) and the NOLA cappuccino with dessert. A great choice for a great meal with impeccable service!Special Features:
- Food is amazing!Mellon222Dined on 9/14/2014BBQ Shrimp, Shrimp & Grits and Pork Chop were amazing! Service a bit slow but waiter had too many tables. Accommodated us even though we were early for reservation. Overall, a very special birthday dinner celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA ... Everything and MoreOregon9erDined on 9/14/2014We (Husband, Son, Daughter, Me) did not know what to expect. I chose NOLA on-line, looking for a menu from which my Daughter could order. This was their first time in New Orleans and I wanted it to be memorable. Our waiter, Raymond and his associate Tiffany were so wonderful ... Impeccable service and attention to our needs; the food was amazing (words cannot do justice), sooo gooood (delicious). If we didn't have to leave the next morning we would have returned to try some of the other choices on the menu. If I am ever in New Orleans again I will eat at NOLA every night. Thank you so much for a wonderful meal and great service ... Thanks, Raymond and TiffanySpecial Features:
- Impeccable!Luv2dineDined on 9/13/2014The waitstaff was amazing. Presentation of the dishes was well thought out. The flavors are second to none. Everything was prepared perfectly. Looking forward to our return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.