534 Saint Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/nola-restaurant
- Phone: (504) 522-6652
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday - Monday: 11:30am – 2:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Joshua Laskay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Customize your private party with exquisite food, wine and service.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Favrot 5045226652x
A word from NOLA Restaurant
NOLA. New Orleans Shorthand for a return address with a hurricane swirl.... the strength of the storm by which Emeril Lagasse has taken his adopted home New Orleans with a whirlwind of fresh adaptations of classic Creole cuisine. Located in the French Quarter, this hip & fun restaurant's decor is almost as playful & sophisticated as its menu. Come & see how Emeril Lagasse breathes new life into the New Orleans cuisine he loves. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual to business casual with no tank tops for men. Joshua Laskay, Chef de Cuisine, and Averriel Thomas, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
NOLA Restaurant - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
NOLA Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
674 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (448)special occasion (359)good for groups (202)notable wine list (201)neighborhood gem (201)hot spot (176)romantic (173)great for lunch (93)vibrant bar scene (41)great for brunch (35)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (21)scenic view (13)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Marty from MNOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014On our last night in New Orleans, my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014Made the reservation before getting into town for a conference. I had the pan seared salmon, it was phenomenal! Colleagues went to Emeril's during our stay up they indicated NOLA's was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/18/2014Gumbo appetizer Stuffed wings appetizer Pork chop for dinner Each one was outstanding. Cooked to perfection with a complimentary sauce on top. The service could not be more attentive but never obnoxious. Although busy, I was by myself and never felt rushed. Next time in New Orleans, I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!! Well constructed creole food.BillDined on 11/17/2014One of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans. Delicious appetizers, and I definitely recommend getting the seats at the bar that overlook the kitchen. It's like dinner and a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visiting NOLA and the restaurant: NOLAFoodie123Dined on 11/17/2014Surprised my fiancé with a trip to NOLA for his birthday! And we decided to check out this restaurant for our last night in this romantic city in the French Quarter. Exceptional service! Exquisite meal! Was in a mood for a juicy steak; the sirloin was amazing! The stuffed fried chicken appetizer was to die for! My fiancé's buttermilk battered fried chicken made you wanna "slap yo mama!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for a Midwesterner, but worth it.QCWineauxDined on 11/17/2014The appetizers were small and my appetite is large. It was a good thing we followed N'awlins advice and pre- ate. Couldn't really afford wine - not sold by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2014From appetizer to entree this was a delicious dining experience. The staff were all friendly and attentive. I'd recommend Nola to everyone looking for a high quality meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014I had expectations that this restaurant would have high quality food prepared well with great service at a fair price point. Those expectations were met and completely exceeded. Each of the dishes was individually perfect with all entrees presented at the same time at the right temperature and with flair. The servers were clearly happy with their jobs, very attentive, and provided an atmosphere that made us glad to be there and enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Experience in Years!MMIKM47Dined on 11/16/2014We went in for a dinner on Sunday the 16th. It was the most complete, and fulfilling dining experience I have had in probably 20 years. The food was outstanding and the service was even better. This our first visit to one of Emiril's restaurants and we will be looking for others going forward. I can't express how pleased I was with the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/16/2014Had a light lunch of barbequed shrimp, gumbo and teh creme brulee trio for dessert. All was great. The trio was too much for one person, but I recommended it to the next table as a good dessert to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Call me predicatible...NOLA, too !OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/16/2014This is a place I go to at least TWICE everytime I'm in NOLA. My motto: Always go back to where you can predict the outcomes. The food and service is always outstanding. Over the eyars, Ihave taken several other guests and they too have been extremely pleased. Emeril is Emeril for good reason...GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We must have chosen a bad nightluvthefoodlifeDined on 11/15/2014This was the 2nd time my husband and I ate at NOLA. The first time was so great we decided to go again on our next anniversary. We even ordered the same meal. Unfortunately, our second time around, the food was very disappointing. We both ordered the pork chop and it was too salty for us to eat. Our waitress was not very friendly and did not suggest anything for us to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was nice, clean, and friendlyGgrider4Dined on 11/15/2014Our server was knowledgable and friendly. The music was great and not too loud. By far, the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very goodJP2013Dined on 11/14/2014I was super excited about reservation at NOLA, which I'd planned months in advance. But the actual experience was a letdown. The best thing I ate that whole night was my salad. I ordered the duck, waited forever for it, and it turned out to be 2 duck legs and thighs. Granted, I do not eat duck often, but I have never ever had it come out in big hunks of meat on the bone like that. And it didn't taste very good (very gamey). When the waiter noticed that I had barely touched my food, he asked me about it and also asked me what I didn't like about it. Yet he still charged us for it. The crab cake looked like a falafel and the bread pudding was gross. Complete waste of money.Special Features:
- Could not have been more pleased!MyntFoodieDined on 11/13/2014We had reservations for 6 and the other half of our party failed to make additional reservations to accommodate our whole group. The front of house manager and hostess' were so amazing and somehow pulled off getting our entire group seated together. Our 6 person table turned into to 13. It's hard to find a restaurant in New Orleans that would take all of us. Not only was the front of house outstanding, but that excellent level of service continued when we were seated. Our server was amazing and on point. The menu was great and it was hard to decide on what to order. Food was impeccable, as well as the wine list. I can't say enough good things about this establishment. We will definitely be back and highly recommend it! Thanks again, NOLA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014MY husband and I went to NOLA for a night out away from the kids. Our experience was great from the time we opened the door. The host/hostesses were so polite and helpful. Travis and Kat our waiter/waitress were excellent. It was like we new them for years. They were so personable but also very professional. We are planning to eat here again in the near future. The food was great and serving sizes were enough but not to much to over eat. We were both pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere and scenery. Loved it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Easy GemPathfinderDined on 11/12/2014Great food, great location and great service is the equation for a great dinner. I go there every time I am in New Orleans, and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceYummyDined on 11/11/2014Decided to give NOLA a try since we missed it last time and I had heard from a friend that the food here is delicious. We made a late reservation but when we arrived in town earlier than expected, we called and they were able to accommodate us 45 minutes earlier. It did take sitting on the line for a while to actually get someone to come on, though. They are that busy! The place was cute and the food was as promised, except maybe for the stuffed wings. They were good but definitely far from being a "must order". The BBQ shrimp, on the other hand, was so good we nearly licked the plate. We also had the shrimp and grits, chicken and andouille gumbo and beet salad. All were delicious.Special Features:
- stands up to the hypeskippynpitaDined on 11/11/2014NOLA was as expected after hearing all the great reviews. The wine list is extensive and the service impeccable. Food excellent. Fried chicken amazing. Duck tasty. Stuffed wings interesting! Interesting cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was mixedEaterVIPDined on 11/11/2014My wine was excellent, and the whiskey barrel cocktail was excellent. My eating companion loved the fried catfish and berry desert, but the trout was too salty for my taste. I try another dish the next time I go. The ambiance was excellent.
- Best of the TripOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2014We enjoyed may great meals in New Orleans while we visited, this was my favourite. If you're visiting, do yourself a favour and reserve a spot now. The energy, the service and the food made this an incredible experience. I heard one local chef refer to it as the most creative of Emiril's restaurants. All I know is bring enough appetite for the stuffed chicken wing appetizer. I was still talking with them to a taxi drive the next day.Special Features:
- Good but not amazingDMLocalDined on 11/10/2014The scallops with butternut squash, sea salt carmel were amazing. The bbq shrimp was recommended by our waiter; it was pretty good, not so much my thing. The salad was nothing special.Special Features:
- Great Pork ChopOregonChickeeDined on 11/10/2014My two friends and I had dinner at Nola's while in town for a convention. One friend ordered the mussels and wedge salad, another ordered the pork chop and gumbo, abd I ordered the pork chop and wedge salad. My friend thought her pork chop was too salty, and asked the kitchen to replace her order with the fish stew. They did so with no issues. Great service and out server was very nice. I enjoyed my pork chop and thought it was cooked and seasoned perfectly. My friend who had the mussels said they were excellent as well. I personally didn't like the dressing on my wedge salad (I found it bland), but both my friends thought it was tasty. All in all, I would go back again to try other yummy sounding things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To die for Drum FishJceeDined on 11/10/2014I had been keen to try a restaurant with Emeril's name attached after seeing him on Top Chef. My hopes were high and thanks to the staff who highly recommended the Drum Fish as my main I was not disappointed. The fish was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth. I am a keen fish eater and this is one of the best I have experienced. The scallops entree were well cooked but I found the purée a little sweet for me. The complimentary bread sides were very good too. Excellent food and well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMlmVIPDined on 11/10/2014In a city of great restaurants NOLA holds it's own. Great choices, good service, quiet enough for business lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent LA foodVeniceVIPDined on 11/9/2014Our group of six really enjoyed the meal here. We tried buttermilk chicken, shrimp and grits, drum fish and gumbo. All really delicious. Very efficient service. Huge wine list. Came to about $175 per couple - we each had an appetizer and a main, we shared two bottles of wine, two people had pre-dinner cocktails, a couple of desserts and a couple of coffees and absinthe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAKiteDined on 11/9/2014Wonderful great food. Loved the experience and all the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Sub-Par ServiceJPavDined on 11/9/2014If the service was on par with the food, our experience would have been excellent. Unfortunately, our server was very inattentive - we had to flag him down more than once - he seemed more interested in conversing with coworkers than checking on us, or even taking our orders. Also, his menu knowledge was lacking. We inquired about the cheese plate (specifically which accompaniment he recommended pairing with which cheese), and he replied that he wasn't sure because cheese "doesn't agree" with him. He offered no additional information. Also, we tried to order the Hickory-Roasted Duck and were told that they were out and it takes 4 days to prepare the dish. An hour later, he was somehow able to serve the dish to the table right next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pgh on bussinessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Food was ok nothing to brag about. Wait staff was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner We Had In New OrleansJonnyBDined on 11/9/2014For this trip we tried several local restaurants, and by far this was the best mean all around. The service is impeccable. You will enjoy your experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlennHVIPDined on 11/9/2014I have only been here for lunch or brunch. Consistently good food and service!Special Features:
- Just OkworldtravelerDined on 11/8/2014I was thinking this was going to be a super restaurant but it was just OK. We were very rushed by server Raymond. The mussels appetizer was terrible...asked for small slice of cake for birthday celebration and they brought a dish of ice cream..would have expected more of this place. Probably wouldn't return again because it was noisy and food not that great. High pressure wait staff..I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitTeresaLMVIPDined on 11/8/2014I rarely would frequent a restaurant twice in a city with so many unsamed choices but the flavor and fun memories just had to be shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Great service, good wine list and of course the always excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RettaDined on 11/7/2014Put this on your must eat there list while in New Orleans. The atmosphere is hip and happening. The service was outstanding and the food was awesome. Try the stuffed chicken wings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteSuperbanatorDined on 11/7/2014We love NOLA. My only disappointment was the reluctance of our waiter (Brian) to allow any substitutions. For example, my wife asked for the collards in lieu of some green vegetable. He agreed and then came back and told us they were afraid they may run out of collards during the night. Not that they have, but they might? He brought her green beans, which she abhors. Other than that, it was a great dinner.Special Features:
- Garlic Bisque!TulsaTravelerDined on 11/6/2014The service was world class, very attentive down to the smallest detail, correct silverware, polishing wine glasses, water always replenished. The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. We had the scallop and a crab cake appetizers, the garlic bisque was amazing. For entrees, my wife had the salmon and I had the pork chop, so tender and tasty, one of the best I've ever had. Pricing was very reasonable for a famous, hard to get into restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedTakemeouttodinnerDined on 11/6/2014I was expecting to be wow-ed by the food and was disappointed. I read so much about the crab cake. Not so great. Crab was NOT big lumps, it was mushy. And the bed of corn overpowered the flavor of the crab cake. We were a party of 4 and no one was impressed with the food. The location and service were great but the food was mediocre.Special Features:
- Nice but NoisyJoniFanDined on 11/6/2014We had always wanted to go to an Emeril establishment. The food did not disappoint. Sumptuous shrimps and creamy grits, delectable rib steak....all were delicious. It's just too bad that we couldn't have a conversation during our dining experience! It must be the open 2 story space or the many groups sitting nearby as the decibel level was through the roof. No points for that :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time as alwaysDemoChicDined on 11/6/2014NOLA is always fun. It's a fast moving place and the staff is energetic. Make sure you try the stuffed chicken wings. Had outstanding service and staff even recommended a local neighborhood place for some jambalaya that turned out to be really good. Shrimp and Grits was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.