534 Saint Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/nola-restaurant
- Phone: 5045226652x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday - Monday: 11:30am – 2:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Joshua Laskay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Customize your private party with exquisite food, wine and service.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Favrot 5045226652x
A word from NOLA Restaurant
NOLA. New Orleans Shorthand for a return address with a hurricane swirl.... the strength of the storm by which Emeril Lagasse has taken his adopted home New Orleans with a whirlwind of fresh adaptations of classic Creole cuisine. Located in the French Quarter, this hip & fun restaurant's decor is almost as playful & sophisticated as its menu. Come & see how Emeril Lagasse breathes new life into the New Orleans cuisine he loves. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual to business casual with no tank tops for men. Joshua Laskay, Chef de Cuisine, and Averriel Thomas, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
NOLA Restaurant - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
NOLA Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
633 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (379)special occasion (358)romantic (205)neighborhood gem (189)notable wine list (179)good for groups (151)hot spot (142)great for lunch (106)great for brunch (44)scenic view (31)late-night find (27)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (27)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- A New Orleans must visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Being an avid food network fan as well as a self proclaimed foodie, going to NOLA was a no brainer. Once inside, it felt like a special occasion place as expected. Even though our kids are only 10 and 6, they were made to feel very comfortable as well as honored guests like every other adult in the room. The food lived up to its reputation. Miss Hays stuffed chicken wings and the ooey gooey chocolate cake are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014The food was great, as was the service. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014This was recommended to us by locals. We really enjoyed the evening and the food!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014We first went to this restaurant in 2009 and we were amazed by a delicious redfish dish with buerre rouge. We talked about it ever since. So we couldn't wait to get it again this time. The quality of the ingrediants has gone way downhill. The fish used was clearly frozen and no where near the high quality redfish we were served last time. The fish was tough, and overcooked. The texture was closer to Mackrel rather than tender, flaky fresh redfish we were expecting. We were very sad to have wasted a dinner here with so many excellent options in the Quarter. High notes: excellent, friendly service and creme brûlée trio was excellent.
- Slow service & ovecooked fishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Ordered the 4 course summer meal. Main course, wahoo, overcooked . Sent back and ordered drum. That was very good. Extremely slow service. Waitress forgot my guests appetizer. Even after she recommended this appetizer! Mgr. on duty was very apologetic about overcooked entree. Banana pudding cake was delish. Key lime bread pudding, not so much. Overall 3 stars. After all the hype maybe I expected too much?Special Features:
- EXCELLENT!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Must haves are the Shrimp and Grits and the Stuffed Chicken Wings. And DO NOT LEAVE until you try the Key Lime Bread Pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must do NolaFrancineDined on 8/27/2014I've been to New Orleans over a dozen times, and I'm familiar with all of the great restaurants. But Nola's is my favorite. I cannot go to New Orleans without dining at Nola's. My friends, newly introduced to Nola's, were raving about the place for days and thanking me for introducing them to this charming, delightful, freaking delicious restaurant. Good news is its affordability. Navigating the wine list is easy. Desserts are not to be missed. Southern style cuisine at its best. When they plate, they plate well. No lonely asparagus stalk drizzled with a gooey sauce and an ounce or 2 of meat. This is incredible food and lots of it. You will not go away hungry, but you will go away saying, "I'll be back."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2fromnwDined on 8/26/2014we are from the pacific northwest, went here because it is owned by Emeril, took a chance on the famous name connection, not only was it good, it was great! Food portion for the fried chicken was huge, and the steak was perfect.Special Features:
- WonderfulMissDaisyDined on 8/26/2014First time to eat at Nola, and now I'm wondering what took me so long to eat here. It was wonderful!!! The drinks were great, the wine list was good, and the food was amazing. I never eat dessert, but I'm a sucker for creme brûlée, and they have a trio of creme brûlée they offer for dessert that was delicious. I will definitely be returning to Nola!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014We had a wonderful time on our girls night out! They make you feel like Super stars. The service was excellent I didn't have to ask for a thing! The atmosphere was great. The noise was a little loud but people were enjoying themselves. We were allowed to tour the other floors and saw there amazing wine collection. The food was cooked to perfection. I have never had sugar snap peas cooked so well and the fried chicken was great! The desert was great they have this flavored ice cream that comes with the pudding. Wow is all I can say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nola=delicious,eat here every visitJonGDined on 8/25/2014Yummmmmm !!! Yummmmmmm !!! Yummmmmmmm !!! Yummmmmmm !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent. The servers were very well knowledgable of the menu. We did notice a nice cava, but it was never offer to us the signature drinks, cocktails or preferred wine to have at the beginning of our dinner. We made reservation the night before for two at 9.30pm. The restaurant seemed pretty full and the kitchen (who is open for view) was extremely busy (usual as in a good restaurant). We were seated at 9.40pm or so, but we got our appetizer basically an hour later. Yes, of course, we took time to order seems it has a long selection but we ordered within 20 minutes of arrival and again, no drinks were offered ahead of our order. The overall experience was good but I would have expected a better time-service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryZVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had dinner at NOLA for the first time and I would highly recommend it. I have been to many French Quarter restaurants and would definitely put this as a top 3. The service was great. Had the wine pairing menu with pork tenderloin and it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent!Aloha111Dined on 8/23/2014This is my second time to NOLA and again the service was simply impeccable, prompt, friendly and knowledgable. We had the beet salad, corn and crab chowder and BBQ'd shrimp as appetizers, all delicious. The garlic crusted drum is to die for, shrimp and grits and buttermilk fried chicken were all incredible. The ooey gooey dessert substituting their something monkey homemade ice cream rather than standard vanilla was spectacularly decadent to finish off the meal. We will make it a point to come back every time we are in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA is awesome!LorrieCKDined on 8/23/2014I took my friends from Houston to NOLA's and made reservations for the Chef's Food Table (a good secret). Alexis and Kelly were our attentive waiters. Alex was the oven line cook and was entertaining the whole meal. She gave us a (free) appetizer - a cheese mixture on a wedged potato chip - delicious! She also answered our tons of questions. The whole atmosphere was unique and special. All of my friends kept telling me how much they enjoyed eating there!Special Features:
- Great lunchBoughtFoodGalDined on 8/23/2014The boudin balls were delectable! My husband had the fried chicken and I had the turkey panino. Both were very flavorful. The wait staff were very attentive. We will definitely be back to NOLA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you are true Foodie....TradeshowRegularDined on 8/22/2014Be sure to sit at the Food Bar, which is not the most romantic spot or quietest spot in the restaurant, but gives you a great view of the kitchen action. Be warned, you are right in front of the wood-burning oven so it is warmer than the rest of the restaurant, but not uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJOubreDined on 8/22/2014Great food, the service was a little slow but we didn't have to rush so no big deal. Excellent food and reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!Iexercise2eatDined on 8/20/2014Loved NOLA. All the food was excellent, I went with a few other people and we sampled each other's. I had the crusted drum, perfectly seasoned and paired with vegetables. The bread and corn muffin from the onsite bakery were fresh. I tried the stuffed wings, shrimp and grits and jambalaya, all excellent. I had the peach pot pie which was sweet with a mild tart, I loved it! I also tried the key lime pudding, the banana bread pudding and the ooey gooey cake. By far I liked the ooey gooey cake the best, a chocolate lover's dream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a quiet nightyumgoodstuffDined on 8/19/2014Great dining experience! Wait staff welcomed us and waited on us wonderfully! Food was delicious and price reasonable! Would recommend definately.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousThlayliDined on 8/18/2014This may be the best food I've every tasted. Every dish was amazing. Each piece was composed so well with complimentary tastes. The meat was tender and flavorful. Each sauce/dressing finished the dish perfectly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/18/2014Average - expected more. Decor felt like it needed a makeover.
- dinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014Air conditioning was set too low even for me who likes it cold. We were freezing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterSmokinJoeDined on 8/17/2014Best appetizer was "Stuffed Chicken Wings" - Great. We ordered both off the dinner and the "COOLinary" w/ wine pairing menu. Pork Chop was a little too medium, sweet potatoes cloying sweet and some where underdone. On the COOLinary - several wine pairings came before course was served and sent back until. Pours were not quite 2 oz in several offerings. Gumbo was good. Pork Loin bordered on being dry. All the sauces were overly salty. Waiter was advised and explained that it was possible the sauce was over reduced and said he was going to tell the chef. Could have had this dinner any place, it was not special or Creole/Acadian, did not have to travel to New Orleans.Special Features:
- Awesome!KbellzVIPDined on 8/16/2014Experience could not have been better. Service was great, food was outstanding, hope to make it back here again!Special Features:
- Saturday night in NawlinsNOLA5thDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful as usual. My guest was impressed with summer cocktail that was infused with jalapeño. The PEI mussels were great with corn and bacon and a wonderful cornbread. The steak was excellent. I had duck which was different from earlier visits and not as nice. Overcooked and a bit dry. I still liked it..but not as before. Dessert was great. Crime brûlée trio. Yum. Emeril does it well.,Special Features:
- Could eat here every nightNjvtecDined on 8/15/2014Youthful and fun! Perfect spot for energetic 25-55 age group. Food was amazing!!! A little noisy but fits the setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic - as alwaysDerfeatsDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have visited NOLA everytime we come to the French Quarter. We have never had anything but outstanding food and service. This time we took a couple we know with us. Again we were rewarded with a fantastic experience. Our friends were impressed with NOLA and plan on including it as a "must" to any future trips to New Orleans.Special Features:
- evening mealbaselineDined on 8/14/2014Very noisy, couldn't hear yourself talk to each other without yelling. Summer four course menu was fair, but nothing to brag about and prices were about the same as a high priced restaurant that we go to. Food was not nearly as good.
- WonderfulPBH12Dined on 8/14/2014Our servers were great. Stuffed chicken wings and pork ball appetizers were delicious. It was a fantastic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NolaKidsDined on 8/14/2014Was an exceptional experience. Staff was very friendly and had good service. Felt like a valued guest. Portions were very generous. VSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nunyaDined on 8/13/2014Was good, had better EL places, but was fine. Food took a good while, but came just before getting annoyed. Service helper was great. She filled my tea several times during our wait on food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014Fod was good service great very attentive and responsiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely done.. Major Hiccups thoughFitFoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014We ordered off the Summer Menu. Our 1st & 2nd Courses were Fantastic and were timed percectly. The 3rd Course took an addtional 20-25 minutes (which felt like forever). Our server said "the Chef is putting the final touches on your dinner now". She asked if we'd like more drinks (instead of apologizing for the delay). When our 3rd Course arrived, 2 of the dishes had issues. My Amberjack was outstanding. the Salmon was beyond rare on one end. The Tenderloin/Pork was cold in the center. The 4th Course (dessert) took another 20 minutes after dinner was complete. The Banana Pudding was delicious (except the Lady Finger cookie was harder than a rock). The service did feel polished and sincere.Special Features:
- Great service very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/11/2014Loved the service. Food was very good and very generous portions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughters Dreamdaughterdream18Dined on 8/11/2014It has been a dream of my now 18 yr old daughter to eat at one of Emerils places from growing up watching him on television, well this dream finally became a reality for her and she couldnt have been anymore happier on her visit unless meeting Emeril would have been an option. Our service we were given went above and beyond our expectations and the staff was awesome!! Thank you for making a little girls dream real. What also made this special for her and I is that she is a heart patient and has had 2 heart surgeries and other health issues and making the trip wasnt something we were able to due with all the restrictions she had. She is heart healthy now and no restictions. This was a dream made happen. Thank you again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!GramsDined on 8/10/2014Exceptional service and great food, what more can I say! Tends to be on the noisy side, especially on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA serves up delicious experienceFoodfinderDined on 8/10/2014Great service, great food (don't miss the duck pizza-- yum!) warm approachable atmosphere. A nice change from the down and dirty tourist food found in much of the French quarter. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Wish the crab cakes were not so greasy and had been made that old way with the two sauces on top.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!KDLMKRDined on 8/9/2014Oregon foodie family's highlight in New Orleans! Delicious food, excellent service, super, super impressed. As one member of our party commented... This place is "dialed in"! All five party members were astounded at the wonderful, wonderful pork chop!!! Wow!!!!! Staff was top top notch! Thanks so much Nola folks for the hospitality! A great time had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.