534 Saint Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/nola-restaurant
- Phone: 5045226652x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday - Monday: 11:30am – 2:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Joshua Laskay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Customize your private party with exquisite food, wine and service.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Favrot 5045226652x
A word from NOLA Restaurant
NOLA. New Orleans Shorthand for a return address with a hurricane swirl.... the strength of the storm by which Emeril Lagasse has taken his adopted home New Orleans with a whirlwind of fresh adaptations of classic Creole cuisine. Located in the French Quarter, this hip & fun restaurant's decor is almost as playful & sophisticated as its menu. Come & see how Emeril Lagasse breathes new life into the New Orleans cuisine he loves. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual to business casual with no tank tops for men. Joshua Laskay, Chef de Cuisine, and Averriel Thomas, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
NOLA Restaurant - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
NOLA Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
630 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (416)special occasion (352)neighborhood gem (202)good for groups (194)notable wine list (183)romantic (182)hot spot (167)great for lunch (99)vibrant bar scene (41)great for brunch (36)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (24)scenic view (21)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Best in New OrleansScrimshawDined on 10/28/2014This is probably our tenth time here over many years and it is consistently the best meal among very good mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, a bit pretentiousBigAlDined on 10/27/2014Too noisy for conversation. Loud, seemingly intoxicated group spoiled the experience. Some people might like that atmosphere but we certainly were expecting a place conducive to good conversation over good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KKGradyKeithDined on 10/27/2014The food was very good, but very rich in taste. I was quite impressed with the service! they were so attentive and very welcoming. One of our party was allergic to shellfish, so the menu is limited. However, our server recommended they make chicken and grits, instead of steak and grits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Just what I would expect from professional restaurant operation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant we felt we were in for a gastronomic treat. Paul, our waiter was excellent. He was accompanied by two other servers who were always available. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. Not to be missed restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLASOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014People at the front desk were friendly and very professional. Michele, took good care of us. . I felt it was very unusual that the restaurant did not send over a dessert to acknowledge the occasion. Not even a corn muffin with a candle. The waiter however was not pleasant at all. I had specified it was a 25th anniversary celebration and told him who the couple was. At the very end, when he presented the bill he said happy anniversary to the male and NOT the female. Surely a restaurant of that caliber can be creative. Had I been paying the bill I would not have left a generous tip. The waiter certainly did not earn it. The food was excellent, as expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My second time eating at Nola and it was just as good as I remembered. Good salads and good drum fish entree. Convenient location, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA a special placeRichDined on 10/25/2014If you enjoy excellent food and top shelf service, then NOLA is a place not to miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- homecomingafanVIPDined on 10/25/2014used to live in the area and were excited to be back in town. nola is always a great choice. best salad i've ever had. what was in that dressing???????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I made a special point to make a reservation as soon as I arrived in New Orleans . I was glad I did. The service was fantastic, everybody made us feel as if we regulars. I ordered a Manhattan and upon tasting it, I was amazed! I never had a better one. When I asked our server about the vermouth in it, he checked an told me the brand. A few minutes later, the host arrived at our table an showed me the bottle. That's service!! The meal that my wife had was outstanding. When our server asked how we enjoyed our meal, I replied "it just told me that I have to come back for dinner". Truly a great time,will be back upon our return to New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Service was impeccable, venue perfect, and as a delicious a food as I have had anywhere. I cannot recommend NOLA strongly enough. A must-eat place if you are in New Orleans. And, as an extra unexpected treat, Emeril walked in the front door and schmoozed it with friends at the bar.Special Features:
- NOLA or bust!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/20143 levels and good space between tables. We had Duck confit pizza, pretty good. Mussels, broth was good. Miss Hays Stuffed wings which were very good. Entrees were Fried Chicken-the gravy made the dish but needed more, Pork Chop which was excellent and the Hickory Roasted Duck-very disappointing. The skin was not crisp and was overcooked and hard to cut through resulting in the meat being extremely dry underneath. I used some of the extra chicken gravy we requested to moisten the duck. Left almost half on the plate. Desserts were good. Pecan Bread pudding and Banana cake. Service was excellent and the waiter and other staff including host were very friendly. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We sat at the Chefs Table and had a great experience....gave us a totally different view of a resturants inter workings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crab cakeDancingFoodieDined on 10/23/2014Nola has the best crab cake, packed with flavours, served on a delicious corn and tomato chow chow. The cocktail was also a hit. Thank you Nola!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what I expectedokdiningDined on 10/22/2014The food was average, the place was noisy, and not the ambiance I expected. I may go back, but with all thar New Orleans has to offer, probably not.
- Great place. Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Service was awesome. Food was very good. The two ladies I was with ordered from the regular menu and I ordered from the specials. The special quail had great flavor but was not cooked enough- very rare on one bird and a little tough. The marrow bone from my wife's steak was rare as well. Message to NOLA- calm down and let the heat work on the meat. Mussel app was awesome as well as the boudin balls. Overall it was very good.
- NOLA was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014NOLA was good but we went to Delmonico and it was MUCH better!!! The service here was okay. The food was good, but it wasn't "next level". It was a good location and a very nice evening but if you are only going to one Emeril's restaurant, I would recommend Delmonico.Special Features:
- TeeJayDined on 10/21/2014Food was excellent. Service supurb. The staff including the management made certain that our evening was a very enjoyable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMezzoninaDined on 10/21/2014I have wanted to eat at Nola for a long time but I guess it was too long. The specialness is gone. The bread basket was tasteless, the steak overdone, the potatoes greasy and bland, the Caesar salad drowned in dressing! The duck and dessert were delicious! We eat in Vegas occasionally and know Delmonaco's. This steak did not even come close. It tasted like overdone meat rub. Not worth a return.Special Features:
- Not as good as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014We planned this dinner at Emeril's NOLA for my birthday celebration the last night we were in town. However, the food was not as expected. I ordered the shrimp and grits that were very runny, almost like a soup. A dinner companion had the salmon that she didn't finish because it wasn't good. Service was exceptional but made me feel like I was being rushed. During our stay in NO, we had much better food elsewhere. It was disappointing.Special Features:
- Great Visit to NolaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014We sat at the chefs bars overlooking the kitchen. Was a lot of fun chatting with the chef(Alex) at the brick oven station which was right in front us. Food was fantastic. My one son and I had Shrimp and Grits which were awesome and my wife had the Drum, which she loved. My other son had Duck which was very good. Mussel appetizer was very good, highly recommend it. Overall a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014A bit pricey, but you have to consider where you are and the name behind the place. Emeril's syrah is a good-tasting wine. The stuffed chicken wing appetizer was delicious. The fried chicken breasts were good, not greasy, and the sweet potatoes were a good match. The snap peas were perfectly done (crunchy and tasty). My partner enjoyed the Shrimp & Grits.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerNoBreaux3Dined on 10/18/2014Had my wife's Birthday Dinner here and I must admit it was the best dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started off greatDocandCopDined on 10/18/2014The atmosphere was wonderful. The food was beautiful and very good. However, we think they forgot to prepare our dinner and we were bored and annoyed waiting. It was too noisy to carry on a conversation at a normal tone so it was very frustrating overall.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Came to restaurant and had a wonderful experience! Everything was excellent ! Thx for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spunkydaDined on 10/17/2014We spent a week in Louisiana and this meal was by far the best. Each dish we had was excellent and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- First Trip To Nola'sSciguyluvs2eatDined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Nolas. It met our exceptations! We have been watching Emeril for years. My husband had the fried chicken which was boneless and very moist and flavorful. I had the drum fish (similiar to a red snapper) absolutely delicious. Shared an order of BBQ Shrimp,which I fell in love with here in New Orleans. notified the restaurant it was my husbands birthday, bit the kitchen sent out nothing! Very professional service! Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA is a little bit of HeavenLuluDined on 10/17/2014If you want a truly memorial experience, then you are at the right place. Nola, located in the French Quarter has totally tantalizing food that will entice everyone! The General Manager Avril is fantastic, and the entire staff go about making this a truly wonderful experience. The food is unbelieveable with nuansances that titalite your taste buds. This is a MUST go to when visiting the French Quarter in New Orleans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 adults-great lunchsisterbayDined on 10/17/2014so many choices in town but this place is the best-get there and enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAcatsiVIPDined on 10/17/2014We went to NOLA on our last day in New Orleans for lunch. What a great place! The food was outstanding, the service was perfect and it was the perfect ending to a wonderful trip.Special Features:
- Did not disappointSherDined on 10/16/2014Food was great and service was beyond wonderful. Be prepare for noise and magnificent goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must dine at in New OrleansAshvEdVIPDined on 10/16/2014Awesome service and food too. Emeril should be proud of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ian KIanKDined on 10/16/2014Great service and delicious specials ... got to sit at the chef's table and it was a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Great food, very noisyNikonJeffDined on 10/15/2014The waitstaff was very attentive, but the entres and desserts took too long to come out. I suspect problems in the kitchen. Our party of two was seated near three tables of 8 or 9 - all shouting across the table to one another. We took off a star for that alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort good.NdngolferVIPDined on 10/14/2014Just great hearty New Orleans dishes. The portions are big, which is just right for this type of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible NolaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014I have a Culinary bucket list and one of Emeril's New Orleans restaurant are on that list. We chose Nola as it was close to our hotel. It was amazing! Did not disappoint! We ordered the Pork cheek Boudin balls and they were so decadent my husband wanted to order them for desert!!! I then had the Shrimp and Grits and it was unbelievable! I did not want the dish to end. The restaurant itself has incredible charm and sitting there in a city that I had always wanted to visit was almost overwhelming. It was perfect. I can't wait to go back to that incredible city and go to another one of Emeril's restaurants!!Special Features:
- SharonDined on 10/14/2014Outstanding restaurant! Food and service ALWAYS spot on! I love bringing my family and friends to NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- louisDined on 10/14/2014All the hype about the food and service were understated. This place was great. I would recommend to anyone. Terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must go!DecadentDinningDined on 10/13/2014Nola was absolutely a wonderful dinning experience. The atmosphere, the staff and the food were all delightful. I do not normally write reviews and can be rather picky but this was no doubt one of the best dinning experiences I have ever had. Only complaint was it was a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little below expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/13/2014The abundance of floor staff (3 per table) and mild lack of attentiveness left me a bit perplexed. Also, while the food was generally tasty, it was over-seasoned across the board - too much salt. We had to return a salad twice without resolution. Generally a good place, better than some, but there are other destinations in the Quarter that offer a higher end meal for the price.