534 Saint Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/nola-restaurant
- Phone: 5045226652x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday - Monday: 11:30am – 2:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Joshua Laskay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Customize your private party with exquisite food, wine and service.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Favrot 5045226652x
A word from NOLA Restaurant
NOLA. New Orleans Shorthand for a return address with a hurricane swirl.... the strength of the storm by which Emeril Lagasse has taken his adopted home New Orleans with a whirlwind of fresh adaptations of classic Creole cuisine. Located in the French Quarter, this hip & fun restaurant's decor is almost as playful & sophisticated as its menu. Come & see how Emeril Lagasse breathes new life into the New Orleans cuisine he loves. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual to business casual with no tank tops for men. Joshua Laskay, Chef de Cuisine, and Averriel Thomas, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
NOLA Restaurant - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
NOLA Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
618 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (382)special occasion (350)romantic (202)neighborhood gem (190)notable wine list (176)good for groups (165)hot spot (146)great for lunch (107)great for brunch (46)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (29)scenic view (29)vibrant bar scene (28)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- NOLA - a big dissapointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014This is charming spot in the French Quarter of New Orleans. One of Emeril's and had I know that I would not have booked as I have had similar experiences in 2 other of his restaurants. Service was slow and haphazard. Our waiter was overly friendly and was all over us just long enough to take a drink order. 2 appetizers finally arrived and the quality of them were fair. Then after waiting for about 30 mins, our main courses were still not there. Our waiter was no where to be found so I went to the front and flagged down the manger. He apologized and when to the kitchen and brought our food. Unfortunately my crab cake was so overcooked that it was sent back. Our entrees were complimentary but what a disappointment for NOLA.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014Tried 3 menu items food was average for the area would not returnSpecial Features:
- NOLA NO GOODOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Made the mistake of going on our 21st anniversary, which we mentioned to the hostess as she sat us, she told us she would let our waiter know. Shortly after being seated our waiter greeted us and informed us there would be 3 people taking care of us for the evening. Normally 3 people for one table means we should not have to wait for anything. My husband had to wait about 10 minutes to order his second drink, then another 10 to get it. The noise level was that of a cafeteria, definitely not a good choice for a romantic dinner. My filet mignon was delicious but the presentation on both plates lacked appeal. The puréed veg. on both plates looked and tasted like baby food. No acknowledgment on our anniver., pricy, we would not go back!!!Special Features:
- A culinary treat!DelightedDined on 9/14/2014My first "real" meal in New Orleans was at NOLA, and it was amazing! Our service staff ( we had three, sometimes four people taking care of our party of 3 at all times) was beyond attentive...Raymond, our server, who was celebrating his birthday that night, made some excellent recommendations that we took him up on, both for drinks and food choices. Loved the Caesar salad, the shrimp and grits (my first) was outstanding and definitely try the NOLA lemonade(if you're over 21!) and the NOLA cappuccino with dessert. A great choice for a great meal with impeccable service!Special Features:
- Food is amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014BBQ Shrimp, Shrimp & Grits and Pork Chop were amazing! Service a bit slow but waiter had too many tables. Accommodated us even though we were early for reservation. Overall, a very special birthday dinner celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tourist trapbicoastaldinerDined on 9/13/2014I was looking forward to eating at NOLA's. I have been to NO often enjoying excellent food. The service was pleasant but not helpful when it came to the wine list (lots of selection over $100, much less in the moderate range) and displayed little interest in finding someone to give advice, although I landed on a decent pinot noir for $60. Our dinners were mediocre. My swordfish was overly complicated with a mayonnaise chili sauce over overcooked fish and mushy rice. My companion had drum fish, at the server's recommendation, and disliked it, again overcooked and mushy. We tried sorbet for dessert; it was grainy although I found it more edible than my companion did. I will think more than twice before trying an Emeril restaurant again.
- Wonderful time again!Luv2dineDined on 9/13/2014Brought my husband here after my first visit back in April 2012. Love this restaurant and the architecture. We had a wonderful time and the food was fabulous as usual. The stuffed wings are really good and a nice size for an appetizer, the cold avocado and cucumber soup was really different and tasty - we both loved it! The main course - fried buttermilk boneless chicken breast was delicious but the serving could use more of the smashed sweet potatoes (it was a very small serving). Our drinks were very tasty and our service with Holly and her crew was impeccable. Thank you! Kathy & BobSpecial Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Service was great from the minute we walked into the door and the food was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Emeril standout...Foodie1VIPDined on 9/13/2014Have dined here several times--always a great choice! Today (lunch) had the gumbo and fried chicken breast which was a wonderful choice and one chosen by others at our table of 6. We left quite satisfied with our meals and would return. The setting is NO modern in the middle of the Quarter. Service was attentive with knowledgeable and helpful staff. Excellent wine choices. A "can't miss" choice for French Quarter dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in NolaJohnDined on 9/12/2014The food wa great, and the service was even better .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingNatiDined on 9/12/2014The service was excellent but the food was not to the level expected in an emeril's restaurant. It seemed a mass production restaurant in which plates were ready to go out when ordered. The banana pudding dessert was awful and the fish did not had any taste. Definitely will not recommended for foodies. Much better restsurants in NOLASpecial Features:
- Best restaurant in new orleansNeworleansladyDined on 9/12/2014NOLA is hands down the best restaurant in New Orleans. The food is innovative and delicious; the staff are some of the friendliest and most professional that Ive ever encountered. They remember every face, handle every situation with extreme professionalism, and treat every customer like a king/ queen. The food never dissapoints- I've had most items on the menu, and i have never had a meal I did not just adore. I highly reccommend this establishment to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA'sYolandaDined on 9/12/2014I was in NO for the first time for my 40th bday along with 3 of my girlfriends. NOLA's was on our to do list because I love Emeril so. After we arrived right from the start ut was no longer just because I love Emeril but because theis place was so nice. The customer service is like no other and the food was amazing. I expected to just experience a restaurant owned by a great chef but instead we experienced a restaurant owned by a great chef that loves his customers. It was a wonderful experience that I will always remember. I can't even explain how good tge food is and the drinks are awesome. I just loved everything about my experience. I am soo glad I chose NOLA's. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week VisitRestaurantWk1Dined on 9/11/2014We went to the restaurant while on vacation based on the restaurant week menu. They gave us the menus, we made the choice and they came back ten minutes later and said that the fried chicken was unavailable. It left us with two fish dish choices, as we had already been served our appetizers. If they started the evening advising they didn't have fried chicken it would have been OK, but they waited until after they served the appetizers. It was really terrible customer service.
- Food was deliciousLovetodineout123Dined on 9/11/2014Very accommodating to any dietary restrictions. Good portions. Nice staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Experience @ NOLAAllydappDined on 9/11/2014We went for New Orleans Restaurant Week. It was great food and service. Definitely will be back to visit to order off their usual menu. The key lime bread pudding was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it once wasKCBobDined on 9/11/2014NOLA has lost a step. The service was extremely slow and chairs stacked up in front of the bathroom. The shrimp and grits dish was bland. We visited in 2004 and had a fantastic dining experience. The dinner this visit was just "good," as are many restaurants in New Orleans. Not up to the standards we had expected and no longer a "must" when we visit.
- Unfortunate experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Reservations for three. Arrived on time, cordial welcome, escorted to table, introduced to 3-person team of wait staff assigned to this relatively small area of restaurant. Staff was attentive. Orders taken promptly. Good attention to maintaining water, silverware, etc. Initial timing appropriate for serving appetizer and first course. Following first course our wait was approx ONE HOUR before entrees were served. During this wait no verbal contact by staff as to delay, although they remained in dining area monitoring tables. When entrees were finally served no reason was given for the delay. Our entire visit took 2 hours, 25 minutes. Several tables served and left restaurant before our entrees were served. We will not return.
- Fabulous food & serviceJanisDined on 9/11/2014We had four in our group, and all of our entrees were delicious!Special Features:
- FantasticLLCCDined on 9/10/20145 ladies on girls night out!! Restaurant week, perfect time to try different items, fabulous prices. Service was best I've ever had, anywhere. A team takes care of you-- thanks Nat, you're the best. Food was of the high caliber I expected, delishious. Everything I expected but so much more 5stars+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014The service here was amazing! I have worked in the food service industry for quite some time and have pretty high standards for what constitutes an amazing dining experience. This restaurant went above and beyond my expectations. From the time we walked in we were warmly greeted and seated right away. The atmosphere was very comfortable and inviting. Our server approached us immediately and went over the specials and menu with care and consideration. My boyfriend and I both ordered from the prefixed menu and were both very pleased with our choices. We had the creme brule' trio at the end of our meal, it was to die for. I was so impressed by the level of service! Our table was promptly cleared of all debris and our water stayed full! AmazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA was a knock-out!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Was here during "Restaurant Week" and enjoyed a Prix Fixe menu which was a knock-out deal for knock-out food! Made a reservation in advance, so was seated on the top floor and away from the group noise below. Service was great and food was fantastic - wish I lived closer!Special Features:
- It exceeded our expectations.ClevelanderDined on 9/9/2014This was a wonderful dining experience. The wait staff was attentive but not overbearing. They were helpful in making recommendations and the recommendations were accurate. The pace for dinner was pleasant and allowed us to enjoy our evening. There was quite a crowd but we still received our drinks and meals without any waiting. Next time in New Orleans I will plan to return.Special Features:
- edvicDined on 9/8/2014We go to NOLA every time we come to New Orleans and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great DinnerhoneypantsDined on 9/8/2014I'd never been to NOLA before, but have been to both Emeril's and Delmonico. The service, typical of all of his places, was fantastic. Everyone's food is placed on the table at the same time, no matter how many servers it takes! It was my birthday, and I feel we received extra special treatment, though nothing over the top or embarrassing. The food was fantastic. I had the garlic crusted drum, cochon de lait gumbo, and ooey gooey cake. I'll definitely be back some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodTeam1Dined on 9/8/2014Two of the three of us had never been to NOLA, but now I know if they are ever in town, this will be there spot. They couldn't stop talking about the experience and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best duck everOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2014the roasted duck is the ultimate high standard for all other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA's Rocks!TMLWritesDined on 9/7/2014It wasn't my first visit and certainly won't be my last. Great restaurant for ambience, FOOD, and fun.Special Features:
- Exquisite diningEnjoygreatdiningDined on 9/7/2014What a lovely evening! The service and food were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch dateDrevanDined on 9/7/2014Boudin & Gumbo were excellent. The buttermilk dressing on my salad was way too much. It overpowered the other flavors. The Bloody Mary's are very good and made w/house infused bell pepper vodka. We ordered them extra spicy and were pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Food and service was outstanding....one of our best meals in N.O. We loved the drum fish...Special Features:
- Expected much moreVandyDined on 9/6/2014Had such high hopes for Emerill Lagassie's restaurant, somewhat let down. Service was excellent though!Special Features:
- NOLAHillary5233Dined on 9/5/2014Food was excellent! Fried chicken was the best we've had. Crab cake was awesome. It is very very loud. Definitely not a romantic spot or a place you'd want to go to catch up. Service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressed!stanthemanDined on 9/3/2014outstanding service- came in a group of 6 and was impressed with how we all received our dinners in good time and at one time, appetizers were amazing. extensive wine selection. very nice ambiance. especially recommend the Duck And Mushroom Boudin Balls and the Grilled Pork Chop. Would definitely come here again.Special Features:
- amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Incredible food amazing service greatest dining experience I have ever had atmosphere was quite and beautiful highly recommend NolaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceutexas03Dined on 9/1/2014We eat at Nola every time that we are in New Orleans and the food never disappoints. However, this year was our best experience. The food was outstanding and the service was very attentive. I would highly recommend Nola for a great place to eat in the French Quarter.Special Features:
- Another Wonderful ExperienceEatoutalotDined on 9/1/2014We come to NO and dine at NOLA every Labor Day weekend. The food and service are always top notch. I would highly recommend the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but largeKevinDined on 9/1/2014The food is very well prepared and presented. There were only raves around the table about each dish. For starters we had the crab cakes and chicken wings. They adjusted to order to allow everyone to have their own. The dipping sauce for the wings was a bit thin and didn't remain on the chicken long. A tiny bit of thickening would help. The Carpaccio was one of the best I've had. The smoked duck was heavily smoked and sweet, very sweet and large, very large - as was the pork chop and rib eye. Next time we're all going to swap entrees half way through. Pallet fatigue set in as we marched our way through these huge portions of strong and yummy flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointedPameladrixDined on 9/1/2014We were Looking forward to trying Nola. But we were very disappointed with the food. Service, atmosphere, price were all good. But the food was terrible. The batter for the fried fish and chicken was nothing but salt! Pure salt. The dirty rice with the catfish was salt. It was like the chefs didn't even test their food to see if it tasted correctly. I'm not talking about seasoning, I'm saying SALT. So salty. I think the lid fell off the salt shaker. We have been all over the world to many fabulous restaurants, 5a5 in San Fran, Bizarr in LA, London's in LA, Vern in Paris, Aqua in Seattle... All if these places lived up to their hype. But NOLA FaIled. These chefs need to be retrained to test what they are putting out on the plate.
- A New Orleans must visitFanoffoodDined on 8/31/2014Being an avid food network fan as well as a self proclaimed foodie, going to NOLA was a no brainer. Once inside, it felt like a special occasion place as expected. Even though our kids are only 10 and 6, they were made to feel very comfortable as well as honored guests like every other adult in the room. The food lived up to its reputation. Miss Hays stuffed chicken wings and the ooey gooey chocolate cake are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.