8898 Coleman Blvd.
Frisco, TX 75034Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nolagrillfrisco.com/
- Phone: 9723776652x
- Hours of Operation:
24 Hour Reservations Required for Parties of 5 or more.
Lunch and Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm - Special brunch menu served until 5:00pm. Closed for dinner service.
Lunch Menu is served 11am to 5pm
Dinner service starts at 5pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Creole
- Executive Chef: Nick Totten
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Nola Grill
New Orleans Style Grill featuring Steaks, Chops and Fresh Seafood also Po Boys, Oysters and Shrimp
New Orleans Style Grill featuring Steaks, Chops and Fresh Seafood also Po Boys, Oysters and Shrimp
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nola Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (35)romantic (33)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (16)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (13)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Disappointed but not SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had 7:00 pm reservations but arrived in the area earlier. We called to see if we could get seated at 6:00 and they were very accommodating... because there were only a couple of parties in the restaurant. We decided to sit at the bar so we could watch college football while we ate. The server at the bar was overwhelmingly attentive as in hovered over us for most of our meal. The seafood pasta dish we shared was good but not a wow. We also had cups of their She Crab Soup and Seafood Gumbo. Again, both were tastey but not memorable. We were only there for 45 - 60 minutes and a couple of more tables had filled when we left. This was our first visit so maybe Saturdays gear up later in the evening. Other reviews were average and we agree.Special Features:
- Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Upon arriving we were placed at a large group table for 6 and their were 4 in our party. Waiter for attentive. The appetizers were very good. The bread serve with dinner was not fresh or baked. Both salmon dishes had no flavor. The red fish was fine. I will not returning to Nolla Grill. For a two hundred dollar dinner for the four of us, I believe Nolla Grill can improve.Special Features:
- Just like homeCriticDined on 9/11/2014Great authentic creole food!!! Service, food and atmosphere top notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impeccabletexasdinerDined on 9/5/2014We had a marvelous dinner at New Orleans. The service was discreetly attentive, whenever we needed anything our waiter would appear, and I could not have been happier with the food. Thank you for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Our waiter was top-notch, very knowledgeable about the menu and was very accommodating to our needsSpecial Features:
- Truly one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great food great service great music and the only way for you to find out would be for you to be thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Jessica was our server and she was excellent. Food was very good and there was a 3 piece band playing great music.Special Features:
- AMAZING!! PERFECTION!!FOOD2LUV0515Dined on 8/28/2014MY FIANCE IS FROM NOLA AND IT IS DEFINITELY PICKY WITH THE FLAVORS THAT REPRESENTS NOLA TO ITS FULLEST. FOR RESTAURANT WEEK WE DECIDED TO GIVE NOLA GRILL A TRY. AND BY FAR IT EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS OF ORIGINALITY WITH A BIT OF A TWIST. OUR SERVER STEVE WAS SO HELPFUL AND WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE SURE WE HAD AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE AS FIRST TIMERS AT NOLA GRILL IN FRISCO. HE KNEW WHAT COURSES COMPLIMENTED EACH-OTHER AND HIGHLY GAINED OUR TRUST ON ALL OF HIS RECOMMENDATIONS. IT FEELS GOOD TO KNOW THAT MY FIANCE HAS A PLACE THAT REMINDS HIM OF HOME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best South Louisiana food in DFWOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014From the moment we stepped in the door we felt like we were in the quarter!! Food Amazing, service top notch highly recommend the char broiled oysters, redfish and Steaks are seasoned to perfection with a little kick to it. Bread pudding and cheese cake are to die for. Best dinner in DFW hands down Kutos Nola Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA is YES LAShellzDined on 8/23/2014Our server Steven was Excellent! A group of 4 visited during Restaurant Week, the menu selection was great, seasoned just right. To top it off was a 3 piece jazz ensemble. Nice environment. Highly recommend. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindRiceGradDined on 8/23/2014I took my wife here to celebrate her birthday during restaurant week and it didn't disappoint. Our server did an excellent job of making sure we were satisfied with our meal and had what we needed. The live jazz music was also a nice touch. The seafood pasta was great, and I'll definitely will be back to try other entrées.Special Features:
- Tasty flavorful food/great serviceKCB1Dined on 8/22/2014I have already recommended it to several friends. Definitely try it out for date night or going out with some friends. Unique dishes with a great mix of spices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightfoodyDined on 8/22/2014Came here with my wife and the service was excellent. The oysters and shrimp has amazing flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans comes to Frisco!!!Sunshine29Dined on 8/22/2014Love this place. My husband and I tried it after hearing so many great reviews, must agree definitely the closest thing to authentic New Orleans cuisine in TX thus far!! Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We had a great dinner at NOLA. The food was seasoned very well, cooked to perfection. The piano player was fantastic. The waiter was friendly & quick. The restaurant was very clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nola GrillLindaLouDined on 8/16/2014The food and service were excellent. We loved the trio too. It was nice to be able to try several things during restaurant week. I'm not sure we would have tried the bread pudding on a regular night. That would have been sad because it was outstanding. My dining companion asked in jest if he could lick the plate. It was that good. We wish you continued success!Special Features:
- Love the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We love Pappadeaux, but NOLA is far better! She crab soup is the best! Every dish we had was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended, but not by a foodiefriscodinerDined on 8/16/2014We visited Nola Grill in Frisco Square on Saturday night. They had live light Jazz and the restaurant looked great. We were seated right away but our server didn't see us. Our drink order was taken about 15-20 minutes in. It was delayed, but no so that we were upset. The Manager practically tripped over herself apologizing, gave us a free round, and our poor waiter was hyper attentive after that. The food came out immediately. It was recommended as "authentic" Cajun/Louisiana fair. I was with a foodie who didn't think they had the rue correct. His Gumbo didn't have enough rice, and overall my meal had a blacken taste though the meat was cooked properly. The duck leg had skin and the breast on the same plate did not. It was a fair meal.Special Features:
- Mediocre Food, Pretentious Waiterchef4funDined on 8/16/2014We visited for Dallas Restaurant Week and were very disappointed. We felt very rushed. Our entrees came out before we had a chance to finish our salads. Someone forgot the salt and the cheese for the grits. Etouffee was bland. Our waiter was extremely rude. When I poured the wine because he was nowhere to be seen, he rushed over and said, "I guess I need to get you a waiter's apron so you can have my job." I could go on and on, but needless to say, we won't be going back. When I spend $150 on a meal with wine for two, I expect a nice meal and experience. This place thinks too highly of itself. I felt like we totally wasted our time and money.
- Cajun QueenTwogalsDined on 8/15/2014Had reservation for 6pm during Restaurant Week. We were greeted and treated all night like VIPs. Food presentation was beautiful and it's obvious that the chef is meticulous and truly cares. The menu was very interesting and had some exciting looking options. The waiter we had was very attentive and truly accommodating in every way being able to discuss the menu items in great detail and even bringing us samples of the offered soups so we could decide which we preferred. Timing between courses was perfect and so we did not feel rushed at all. Gotta have the bread pudding with chocolate chips. The cheesecake was awesome too. All being prepared on site from scratch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014My family and I went to Nola the other night for dinner. They had a pianist playing that evening, that was nice, nothing like that in the Frisco area. Reed was our server, he was very knowledgeable, polite and very attentive. The food was out of this world. you can tell it is made from scratch. If you want to eat true New Orleans food in Texas, then go to Nola Grill! We will definitely be telling all our friends about this unique restaurant and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekJSO421Dined on 8/12/2014This was my 1st time here. There were only 3 waiters and they all seemed really busy. The salad was the best part of my meal. It was a tomato mozzerella salad w/balsamic glaze. The red fish was a little overcooked & bland. The grits & crawfish were great! The strawberry cake was dry as a board & the whipped topping on top still had chunks of agglutinated cream in it. So I only at the strawberries. My sister had the rootbeer brisket. This was just a sliced up pork loin that was super salty. The gouda mac and cheese was pretty good. A little on the gritty side, but good. Her bread pudding was her highlight of her dinner. It was a chocolate chip bread pudding that was nice, warm, and saucy. Sorry to say, I probably will not be returning.
- You have got to try this place out!charlesDined on 8/12/2014Visited during Restaurant Week for the first time and will certainly be returning! The food was outstanding and the service was enthusiastic! Particularly enjoyed the bread pudding dessert!Special Features:
- Laissez les bon temps roulez!kgagecDined on 8/12/2014NOLA offers a great blend of traditional creole and southern cuisine. Blackened redfish over cheddar grits in a bowl of crawfish etouffee was amazing and the pork brisket (yes, pork brisket) with asparagus and baked mac-n-cheese might have been better. And to finish things off was a perfect bread pudding, the way it should be made, without fruit! This would be a great spot for a date or small get-together. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant/Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/12/2014Alright, I'll try not to be too harsh. It's likely our water was new. He didn't write down our order (messed it up initially which is why I was wondering). My wife pointed out that they don't do that in Rhse restaurants. Fine. This guy is new. He's got a ton of things to remember, so writing it down for starting out isn't a bad way to transition in. We ended up getting a free coke (he forgot for a long time), free dessert (he brought out the wrong one), and a free hurricane (compliments of the manager). Great food but bad service. Love the restaurant week menu.Special Features:
- New Orleans revisitedBobKDined on 8/9/2014My wife is from New Orleans. She loves the food she was brought up on. NOLA helped her go back for a while. The chef trained with Emeril Lagasse and has brought true New Orleans food to north Texas. My wife got two appetizers and the She crab soup. The shrimp and grits would be a great entree if they just put two more shrimp in it. I had the pork brisket and the flavors were wonderful but the meat a little tough. Not, so I would not order it again. Our server was new and needs more training and the three piece band was a little loud when we were sitting two tables from them. The food was so wonderful I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1939TexasGuy1939TexasGuyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent find & a very good surprise. Food excellent with that New Orleans slant. Fun to be entertained by a "good sound" jazz trio while dinning. My negative is the amount of time between food servings - took most of 1 1/2 hours for a three coarse meal plus an opening glass of wine. This Saturday evening, we had plenty of time and did enjoy the jazz music, but did began to worder if the food servings would ever get to our table. The wait staff very courteous, but "table service servings" left a lot to be desired - 1st waiter took drink order, after wine serving, took our meal order. 2nd waiter brought our wine from the bar. 3rd waiter brought first and second course, 4th waiter brought main entree, 1st waiter brought final billing.Special Features:
- NolaKalbDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent! It was a little pricy for the amount of food you get. It's in a great location and really nice inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holy NOLA!IrishdinerDined on 8/1/2014Fantastic cuisine and wonderful wine list! Must try the BBQ shrimp and grits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slice of NOLA in FriscomtdicksonVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were skeptical this restaurant could meet our expectations as we love New Orleans, and try to visit regularly. We were delighted with our meal! My husband declared their sazerac better than at Tujague's where they originated. The etouffe was sublime and made me wish for a trip back to one of my favorite cities. The jazz combo playing that night was great. We could have stayed there inhabiting that table all evening just to listen. Service was good, albeit a tad chatty. It took a little while to get the ball rolling, but once we had a drinks and our orders turned in, everything was perfect. I think the only thing I can recommend is a little more flavor in the bread pudding. It was rich, but lacked spice and/or bourbon sauce!Special Features:
- Very authentic Cajun FoodKatyMaeDined on 7/25/2014The food was great! The service was amazing! We searched for a Cajun restaurant in the area to celebrate a Birthday and this was a wonderful find! I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great PlaceadvchknDined on 7/19/2014The food was great- don't skip the bread pudding !!!! The waiter's advice was very helpful. We are making plans to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yet to be "discovered"goodelfDined on 7/13/2014second time here, this time for brunch with three friends. Veronica gave us very attentive service and the chef was also accommodating to the gluten free needs of one of us. not a huge or expansive menu but what they do, they do extremely well. great brunch special of the day and super drink specials as well. not crowded at all, (once this place is "discovered" that will change) so we were not rushed and felt we could visit rather than give up the booth as soon as our forks were down. will come back here and the two others that live locally said they would also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch as AlwaysCriticDined on 7/10/2014Great Food and Service everytime I return to Nola Grill. Best Soith Louisiana restaurant in Dfw!! True French Quarter feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice for DinnerLanceDined on 7/8/2014My wife and I have dined at NOLA on three occasions. We have enjoyed each visit. We have ordered about 4 different entrees ourselves, with several other dishes being ordered by our guest. Each menu item was thoroughly enjoyed. The Bread Pudding is one of the best desserts I have eaten in Texas. The food is excellent and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but deliciousDelaware2DallasDined on 7/8/2014I had a cocktail, meal, and dessert. All were wonderful. Server was great. If menu wasn't so costly I would frequent this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food, terrible musicYumyumgoodDined on 7/3/2014Lamb was out of stock so server offered to substitute with filet mignon. Sent it back because it was undercooked. Chef grilled their regular steak dish instead. I ordered medium but still came back very red in the middle. Wife order a pasta dish that was just ok at best. Pianist couldn't play a single tune literally. She was just messing around playing different chords that didn't even make sense. She tried to Alicia Keys but quit in the middle of the song and played some other nonesense. It was like someone practicing at home. Sounded terrible and had to listen to it for an hour. Definitely will not be going back ever.
- Great staff. Great food.SBowDined on 7/3/2014Entrees & desserts are wonderful. Bartender, waitstaff & everyone are the best I've seen in a long time. Great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome changeMichaelVIPDined on 6/20/2014Love this restaurant.........unique & high quality food.Special Features:
- lagram24Dined on 6/14/2014Chargrilled oysters were not available..."truck from Louisiana had not arrived yet today"...it was 12:30 pm. No Southern Comfort stocked at the bar. Fried green tomatoes with shrimp was delightful. Copper Salmon was really good and prepared to order since it was lunchtime and usually not available for lunch.Special Features: