1909 E. Passyunk Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19148Neighborhood:
East Passyunk Avenue
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.noirrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 2673191678x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 11:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Marco DeCotiis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. We work personally with guests to fit their needs and budget.
- Entertainment: Local talent features on certain nights, including the Greg Farnese Trio singing The Great American Song Book.
A word from Noir
Noir Restaurant is located along one of Philadelphia's hottest neighborhood's, East Passyunk Avenue. We pride ourselves by using only the freshest ingredients. Chef Marco Decotiis, born and raised in Montreal, Canada, brings his Italian culinary roots and local Canadian foods to Philly. Noir is open every day for lunch and dinner, and has a full bar offering an extensive craft beer selection along with a number of specialty cocktails & a wine selection for every palate. Be prepared to be properly taken care of and treated like family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Noir reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (7)special occasion (5)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great dinnerjan48Dined on 10/19/2014Went on a Sunday evening. The wait staff was a bit stressed but that was to be expected as there was a large party dining. I had the penne pasta with chicken in vodka cream sauce. Pasta was cooked just right and the flavor was excellent. Everyone in my group was pleased with their dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner!LisaGDined on 10/17/2014Food and service were fantastic! It's a small place, so reservations are a good idea. Wine was pricey but good. The food here is delicious. We loved everything about the place. Service was friendly and fast. Will definitely go back here!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experianceemilhubschmanDined on 10/11/2014Can't say enough about this neighborhood gem The chef is very innovative, servers are a delight. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Great eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/3/2014My husband had a blackened tuna and he said it was the best he ever had. I had the Bronzino and it was absolutely delicious . This is definitely a stop worth makingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtichokeNicoDined on 9/29/2014The artichoke was far toooo moist, almost like soup, otherwise great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montreal meets South PhillyDBarolVIPDined on 9/29/2014Eclectic menu combining Italian and Montreal, as in Poutine. What do these have in common? They are all full of flavor, perfectly prepared, and well presented. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for merittenhouseregularVIPDined on 9/27/2014Although friendly, the food was very salty, vegetables over cooked and not very tasty.
- Great Find in East PassyunkmediafoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Montreal smoked meats and poutine are excellent comparable to Schwartz! Friendly staff. Delicious veal saltimboca and pulled beef. A great find on East Passyunk. Staff even told us other East Passyunk restaurants we should try.Special Features:
- Food and service are the stars hereBADoneVIPDined on 9/20/2014Italian restaurants abound in South Philadelphia but this restaurant's friendly and wonderful service was truly above and beyond. Although something needs to be done about the noise level, the food made us quickly tune out the background. Give Noir a try, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MonetDined on 9/19/2014Been here several times and always pleased...the artichoke is the BEST ever. The special Chilean SeaBass cooked to perfection. Try Noir...you will be very pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemTPintoDined on 9/17/2014Enjoy taking a walk? Well, this is the place to go. Have a cocktail, enjoy a fantastic meal. Then walk it off on your stroll home. One of our favorites! We have shared many meals here with friends and family. Everyone leaves happy, full and usually lunch for the next day. Great, South Philadelphia Restaurant on East Passyunk AvenueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good food at NoirOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/7/2014Ate here mostly based on reviews, and they weren't wrong. Have you ever eaten at a huge, beautiful restaurant with attentive service but mediocre food? This is the opposite kind of place. It's not much to look at. But the chef (at least on the night I ate there with my family) knows what he's doing. Every item was supremely well-crafted. We especially liked the grilled octopus salad, the Mont Royal chicken entree, and the pasta with bolognese sauce. Really, there were no misses, at least as far as the food went. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said for the beverages. Both the tap beers I tried were way off-carbonated (almost totally flat) and the bottled beer selection was mediocre. But still a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food, will be back!FoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was fabulous and ranks up there with some of the best four star restaurants....our server Nicole, could not have been more friendly! The octopus was tender over a salad dressed perfectly....the pork was to die for....just fell off the bone...and great gnocchi...can't wait to return to try so many other things on menu....wine list is short but encompasses major wine categories and by the glass is reasonable if not down right cheap! Highly recommend this place. But it is very small so reserve or go off hours. There is a large long bar and many people were sitting at bar having dinner also.Special Features:
- Great South Philly DiningEmilHDined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed enjoyed the creative menu, especially the stuffed artichoke!Special Features:
- JoseDined on 8/24/2014Great hostess and bartender. Food was delicious and adequate servings. Will try again. Felt like home as soon as we arrived!Special Features:
- Great pork shankOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent pork shank ! Must try. Frites also amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BergersBergersDined on 8/19/2014Terrific little Italian resturant in South Phila. The food was very good from the assorted appitizers we ordered thru the main courses of Pappadalle Bolognaise, Fusile e Fave ( our waitress's favorite ), to house special of clams linquine.Special Features:
- NoirKadesbully088Dined on 8/19/2014I went to noir with my boyfriend. The waitress was amazing. Such a lovely, kind woman. I got the artichoke for an app and it was delish and so on point. We sat outside on east passyunk and ate. I walked in to get the Rez and only saw the bar. It was very nice and looked cozy. The bartender was welcoming as well. Will be going back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CarolSVIPDined on 8/6/2014My daughter and I had a great dinner at Noir! The Rice Balls and Crab Mac and Cheese were amazing! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Noir reviews archive.