Noelia Italian Kitchen
1319 F St NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Noelia Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://noeliadc.com/
- Phone: 2023471020x
- Hours of Operation:
M-F: 11:30am - 2pm
M-Th: 5-10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carmen Gianna Piazza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Noelia Italian Kitchen
Noelia has a modern Italian menu from chef Carmen Gianna Piazza. You can enjoy great food, excellent service all while in a relaxed casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Noelia Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (10)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/13/2014Bruschetta was not what I expected at all, just three small pieces of toast with different pastes on them, no fresh tomatoes. Pesto sauce was thin with very little flavor, no chunks of garlic or pine nuts, very disappointing. The gnocchi was pretty good, but could have used some fresh Parmesan on top, none was offered or available on the table. In addition, I felt rushed, we ordered wine and two courses of food and we were served dinner before we even finished our appetizer. Out of there in 30 minutes. I would have liked to relax more with a little more time between courses. Not my favorite restaurant, probably wouldn't go back.
- A miss for usTeamnitroVIPDined on 9/10/2014First the positives: Our waiter and service was excellent. Wine selection was very good. Bread & the delicious tampenade, good. But, now the negatives: sadly the food was a big disappointment. My wife had risotto with scallops which was dreadful. The risotto was mushy and the scallops were a bit rubbery and grayish in color. I ordered pasta with grilled chicken in a cream sauce. Like the risotto, the pasta was mushy. And the chicken, the tiny pieces of "grilled" chicken, looked and tasted from a package. I think this is a better bar than restaurant - need a drink after work or before a show, this could be the place. A delicious Italian dinner? Sadly, not so much.
- Yummy food!reluctantfarmgirlVIPDined on 9/6/2014My boyfriend and I stopped by Noelia for a pre-triathlon carb dinner on a Saturday. We ate a bit early (630 reservations), and the place was practically empty. The eggplant parm on the antipasto menu was worth the trip! Hands down the best thing we ate all night. The portions for the dinner plates are smaller than typical Italian restaurants, which meant for once I could actually eat the entire meal. I got the lobster spaghetti, which was cooked perfectly and had just the right amount of sauce. The service was friendly and not overly attentive, making it a good place for an intimate dinner. I would say the only downside to our visit was how empty it was because the place it a bit cavernous. I'd guess it's busier during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Così così (so si!)OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014I went to Noelia a couple of time ... The first time, it was only two weeks after their opening and had I noticed that the service was slow but thought it was because of the short time it had Been open .. However, two days ago I returned and it was the same ..for example, We had to wait for our drinks for 15 Minutes ... (They had to go to the cellar downstairs!!) several waiters were just hanging out not really busy... My friends' food was Good, according to them, but I ordered an asparagus risotto (not Many vegetarian choices On the menu) and it came quite cold... I am not sure I will come back. The owner was there and apologized With me and brought me a free dessert (I thought it was very kind of him!) Potential?...maybe worth to wait?Special Features:
- Great Italian Restaurantjacquie812VIPDined on 8/28/2014This was my second time at Noelia's for lunch. I took a friend from the office who had never been. While she really enjoyed the restaurant itself, her food was not very good, and while our waiter was very nice, he was not very attentive (he walked by our table several times and never responded when we tried to get his attention). When he did come back to our table, he was very quick to offer to have something else made for my friend, which she did enjoy. I have Celiac disease and love it that they do have gluten free options on their menu, my favorite being the Gnocchi, it's absolutely delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindrestauranteerDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant has only been open for a couple of months, but what a find! The service and quality of the food were excellent! This is not your typical Italian restaurant. Ask for Sammy. He is a great server.Special Features:
- Fantastic!restauranteerDined on 8/26/2014The service is excellent, the food is superb, and the prices are reasonable. What more could you want?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing remarkableOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/25/2014A new operation in an old restaurant. The furnishings have not been changed, but the menu has. Alas, the offerings and preparation were only adequate, in a city where standards have been rising steadily. Service was attentive. Wine list was limited and generally overpriced in comparison to the food offerings.
- Corporate DiningCorporateDined on 8/11/2014Great food and ambiance! My co-workers and I came here for lunch. We all ordered different dishes. The sandwiches and pasta were the favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service post-entreeSusanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Delicious entrees came our right away. But if you are in a hurry to get back to work, I would think twice about dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit uneven but pretty goodDowntownerDined on 7/31/2014The beet salad was excellent and the spaghetti with lobster was also quite tasty. But my dinner arrived piping hot while my husband's chicken parmesan arrived lukewarm and dry. We will give the new team another chance because it's a convenient location for us but we do miss the wait staff at Finemondo who were generally responsive and the food was consistently good.Special Features:
- Great add to our lunch rotationrrbluncherDined on 7/28/2014We've been here twice now, both times for lunch. Quick Google searches tell me the place has just opened, and it's a welcome restaurant to add into our office's lunch rotation! It has all the charm of a new restaurant - impeccable service and great quality food at comparatively solid prices. The lunch menu is relatively small, but everything our coworkers have had thus far (maybe 6 or 7 different dishes) are all spot on. Honestly, I prefer a one page menu where all is done right over an excessively long menu where both you and your server are left to guess about the menu items. A great restaurant all around, and we look forward to coming back here regularly!Special Features:
- Quick Working LunchDCAoifeDined on 7/28/2014Three of us took a break from the work day and chose this place because it was convenient to all our offices. The food was good - my friend had the gnocchi, I had a modern take on a chicken parmesan sandwich which was delicious. We stuck to water due to the whole having to go back to work thing, but the wine list looked good. The place is new so not a lot of diners, but the service was excellent. Would be interested in going back for an evening meal.Special Features:
- feedmyfaceVIPDined on 7/26/2014Bad food, bad drinks, bad service. Just don't go.
- Ok experienceCCESDined on 7/12/2014We left with mixed feelings about Noelia. When we heard about a new modern italian restaurant in downtown DC, we expected the restaurant to have a more lively atmosphere. Instead, the restaurant was fairly quiet, except not in that intimate italian restaurant way. We loved the seared scallop risotto, but not the veal filet and ravioli. The drinks were good. If we were to go back, I think we would try to sit in front in the bar area for more of a post work drinks/appetizer/light dinner.
- outstandinghercDined on 7/11/2014Food was excellent, scallop risotto was the best I have ever eaten , romantic spot in the heart of townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply a Great Dining ExperienceIntelqubedVIPDined on 7/10/2014This restaurant was once Finemondo and is now under new ownership. It is still Italian but the food an preparation is so much more detailed. The bar seating is very comfortable as they have nice leather seating. The bartender / server was extremely friendly and attentive. They definitely take pride in ensuring that their service meets your expectations. I ordered the sauteed shrimp and chicken Caesar salad. The sauteed shrimp were extremely tender and well seasoned. The salad came out and the plating was exceptional for a salad as the chicken was grilled, sliced and fanned out across the salad. Very appealing. I will definitely be back to this establishment for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you're not in a hurry!ObjetdartDined on 7/10/2014We had a great meal, and the staff were very friendly. The restaurant was not even half full, yet lunch took an hour and a half with extremely slow service. It would have taken longer had we not sought out or waiter and explained we needed the check and our desserts wrapped to go. Just don't go when you're in a hurry or on your lunch hour and you'll have a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worthy successor to FinemondoMrMoorayVIPDined on 7/9/2014Noelia is in its opening weeks at the site of the former Finemondo. Decor has lightened, menu has improved. Looking forward to having a great Italian restaurant 1 block from the JW MarriottSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelticCelticDined on 7/8/2014The food was good. The 3 of us ordered the ñoquis and were very please with it. The desserts were great, in the small portion size to me if you are hungry and want also to share. The atmosphere was good and 2 of us had a glass of wine and shared 2 desserts. Total amount including tip was $30. However, they charged my cc twice. Trying to resolve that with my cc provider.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New downtown spot, perfect foodDCresidentVIPDined on 7/3/2014We had the bruschetta trio, scallop risotto, and cappellacci one week after Noelia opened. The staff were very attentive without being all over us, and the dishes were divine. The flavors in the cappellacci were creative but still completely accessible and delightful for this non-foodie. The poached pear dessert and almaretto cheese cake were delicious and portions were just right for one person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Restaurant, New TasteIntelqubedVIPDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant was once Finemondo and is now under new ownership. It is still Italian but the food an preparation is so much more detailed. The bar seating is very comfortable as they have leather seating. The bartender / server was extremely friendly and attentive. I ordered their calamari and gnocchi. The calamari is flash fried with a very light batter. I am much more partial to grilled calamari at this point but this was excellently prepared. The calamari was extremely tender and the breading was nice and light. The sauce preparation was nice with the dish. The gnocchi preparation was well done and the portion size was appropriate. I look forward to having dinner here in the near future.Special Features:
- Great find!GreggCDined on 7/2/2014We had no idea it had just opened a few weeks before! Great food for cost!Special Features:
- AverageMamaOVIPDined on 7/2/2014Perhaps we tried this recently opened restaurant too soon. The food was on the average side, particularly considering it is located smack dab in the middle of some of DC's best restaurants. Not sure I would go back anytime soon.
- LoveNoeliadiningoutDined on 7/2/2014From the moment we entered the door, we were made to feel right at home. We were entertaining visiting family members from Texas who had never been to D.C, including a 12- and 10-year-old, and the restaurant was a highlight of their trip. The staff at Noelia was simply wonderful, so friendly and professional. Cocktails, wine, shrimp, veal, tuna, chicken, desserts -- we tried it all, and it was exceptional. I've lived in the Washington area for 31 years, and I rate this as one of my finest dining experiences. I will be returning to Noelia, and it will be my first recommendation for business acquaintances, friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Noelia Italian Kitchen reviews archive.