3 Appleton Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.noche-boston.com/
- Phone: 6174820117
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Sunday, 5pm-2am. Closed on Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Scott Robertson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Noche Restaurant
Noche serves Modern Latin cuisine with ethnic twists, in a sophisticated bistro/lounge setting in the South End. The menu changes seasonally, using the freshest New England sourced ingredients when creating new dishes. Our full bar, value wine list and signature cocktails provide the finishing touches on a perfect night for our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Noche Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- seems better for drinks nowadaysDunwichVIPDined on 9/7/2012Our experience was disappointing compared to our earlier visits. The cocktails are still good. The Flower Blossom cocktail, while still delicious, this time did not have the hibiscus flower promised on the menu. Several other small plates were OK but below the previous standard. The fried paella was unusual and good; one person liked the beef carpaccio but it should have been sliced much thinner for carpaccio. The beets in the beet salad were good but there were not enough of them. We tried dessert this time, and the goat cheese cheesecake was good except the pistachios really did not go well with it. The churros were so sweet that we could not taste the caramel sauce, but the sauce was good when we swapped it onto the cheesecake.Special Features:
- So much potential wasted!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2012This should be a hot spot in Boston! Great decor, cool music,... this reminded me of a hip NYC restaurant. We went there on a Wednesday, but it was just about empty... As for food, steak was burned and the duck was, well, not very tasty. So, overall, it is ok, but I will not return there...
- Overall I liked Noche...theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2012Overall I liked Noche...the atmosphere is modern, hip and tastefully decorated. The bar is large and inviting. The upper seating area lighting is off..could be softer, more localized vs all over light. The food was interesting. I attended for restaurant week and the menu was diverse enough. The scallop entree was good but not great. The scallops were luke warm, a bit too salty and just a touch underdone. The almond gazpacho was a nice compliment. The grapes were lost. The short rib entree was excellent (I tried a friend's)but you only got ONE rib...way too small a portion. The lava cake was great...chocolatey, not too sweet and very rich. I would definitely go back and perhaps sit at the bar. It's worth a second chance.Special Features:
- noche temprano es mejorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2012I wish I could write an unequivocally positive review of Noche. We were greeted with a smile and immediately seated; a food runner brought tasty, crispy plaintain slices; the waiter was pleasant and took our drink and food orders in a timely fashion; and then, well, it all sorta fell apart. Thanks to the runners, courses arrived in a timely manner, but the manager ended up comping our second round of drinks (thanks!), and when dessert came, the waiter asked if we wanted anything else, and, before we could respond, turned and walked away. Bottom line: We'd go back because the food really was outstanding, but earlier before they dim the lights, crank up the music, and the late night crowd arrives (10pm).Special Features:
- Visited for Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2012Visited for Restaurant Week and the menu was wonderful as was the food and service. This restaurant never lets me down.
- I would definitely go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2012I would definitely go back. The food said it all. Nice job - very delicious, inventive and good service :)Special Features:
- One of restaurant weeks gemsMrGeeVIPDined on 8/29/2012We really enjoyed this place for restaurant week. But felt that the dessert we had of the Churro's and Caramel sauce was just okay. But the starter and entree were very nice and tasty. If I were not there for restaurant week I would hope the portion on the sea bass would be a little larger.Special Features:
- good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012Great food but service was horrible. We went in a group of four and altough the hostess was very pleasant our server was very slow. She barely came back to our table even when the restaurant was not busy at all.
- Wonderful experience can beAnskiDined on 8/28/2012Wonderful experience can be found at Noche. The service and food combined, created a highly satisfactory evening. The braised short rib was unbelievable tender, and the shrimp ceviche was extremely fresh and light. Highly recommend others to try Noche.Special Features:
- Sad to see it go.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2012I had such a good experience and then when I went to go back, it was closed! so sad!Special Features:
- Great food and a great bar/restauraL02118VIPDined on 8/23/2012Great food and a great bar/restaurant. The atmosphere was really fun and happening. Great drinks. They had a nice private room if you needed that for a larger group event. Energetic enough atmosphere to feel like you're out, but quiet enough to have a conversation.Special Features:
- We went for Restaurant Week.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012We went for Restaurant Week. The meal was great from beginning to end! Everyone raved about every course. The smell of the food alone was awesome. One of my companions put her nose right down to the dish to get the full experience. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- First & Lasting ImpressionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2012I arrived a little early and was waiting for my BF. I decided to have a seat at he fabulous bar and the bartender immediately greeted me and offered the menu. He was so energetic, warm, and helpful. I ordered the refreshing Sparkling White Sangria and it was a great start to my dinner. When my party arrived we were seated and was told we can sit where we felt comfortable (the restaurant was slow at this time). I had the snapper w/coconut rice which was flavorful and delicious. All in all, the staff, ambiance and food was impressive. I like the simplicity of the dining experience. I can see myself going to Noche for a night with the girls or a romantic dinner with the BF. I will go back!Special Features:
- Why refuse to put us in quiet area?JayceVIPDined on 8/9/2012We went there Thursday night and was expecting a quiet evening. But we were so wrong! There was a noisy birthday party. But the worst part was they refused to seat us in the quiet area. Instead, they put us next to the noisy crowd. What a disappointment! Everything else was great, except that part. Thank you.
- Delicious foodNeedhamMomDined on 8/4/2012The food was amazing. We had the filet mignon and snapper and both dishes were delicious. The wait staff was extremely attentive and they had a fun cocktail menu as well. I noticed there was a private glass room that looked fun for a group.Special Features:
- August in the South End isGoodDougBostonVIPDined on 8/2/2012August in the South End is admittedly quiet but Noche was empty. Too bad, otherwise it was great. Fall will be better I'm sure.
- Hubby & I came here for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2012Hubby & I came here for our weekly date night. It was very quiet but we were alright with that. We had 4 tapas as our meal: The Fried Paella was creative and lived up to its expectations; The Shrimp ceviche in a watermelon gazpacho was so good I drank all of it!; The Steak tacos were smoky and cooked well (hubby loved them)!; and the peach and Ham salad to get our veggies in! We finished with the churros & caramel sauce. The flavors were absolutely finger licking good (although I prefer my churros a little more cooked.) Great place! I plan to go back. Hope they get more business and can stay open til then :-(Special Features:
- It was a bit of a quiet nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2012It was a bit of a quiet night at Noche but the food was great and the waitress was very gracious removing our drinks from the tab because they took a little extra time to bring them to our table. Very nice!Special Features:
- Nice Pan Latin Experience!XavierVIPDined on 7/19/2012Great surprise: found fried green plantain chips and the rest of the food had flavors from many places in Latin America to capture the attention of all customers. Can't wait to go back again...by the way their cocktails aren't bad either.Special Features:
- A great findNacoDined on 7/14/2012The food was fantastic and wait staff was very attentive. I definitely recommend Noche!Special Features:
- This was my second time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2012This was my second time eating here. My first time, the food was simply amazing. This time around the menu has changed; much more limited than the previous menu. While food was good, I feel they lost a step and lost some quality.Special Features:
- A fantastic find. DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2012A fantastic find. Delicious Latin fare. We had an arepa with farmers cheese and brisket that reminded us our our trip to Columbia. The scallops and short-ribs were also amazing. Instead of bread, we were served lightly fried plantains with aoili. We thought we had no room for dessert, but were so intrigued by the cheesecake made with goat cheese. If you like goat cheese, this dessert is a must-eat. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- The service was very good--OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012The service was very good-- the staff was attentive. The food was a little salty, both the appetizers and the entrees, but overall was good food. I had the steak and the bed of spinach was salty. The shrimp in the appetizer was salty, too, as if it had too much garlic salt. My partner forgot what his appetizer was, but said it was salty. His entree was the salmon and he said the sauce was salty.Special Features:
- The restaurant and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2012The restaurant and service was nice, and the lighting was cozy. I felt the meal prices were a bit high for what you get. The "large" meals are not so large. So, expect to spend over $100 for two people.
- That was by far one of theStephVIPDined on 6/22/2012That was by far one of the best meals we've eaten in a very long time. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Food was good, although expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2012Food was good, although expensive for what was served. Cocktails were delicious. Service was poor.
- We had an early pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/16/2012We had an early pre-theater dinner there and it was pretty quiet. A very pleasant dining experience. I am not sure how it gets later.
- Excellent Food and Wine ValueJuneVIPDined on 6/14/2012Great value both in the food and the wine. A must return.
- the food was actually quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/14/2012the food was actually quite good but the restaurant was so QUIET. especially for a thursday evening ... it really threw me off. bright lighting, not a lot of other people in there ... but again, food was very tasty.
- Always like coming here butOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/10/2012Always like coming here but this past visit must've caught the chef on an extra good night - I had the absolute best piece of salmon ever! Perfectly cooked! Thank you!Special Features:
- Great Date Night LocationNatn99Dined on 6/9/2012Noche is very sleek and fresh. The fried plantains are addictive. The drinks are also potent so be careful. The food is great and save room for the churros for dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent attentive waitstaff.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/2/2012Excellent attentive waitstaff. They even provided dessert for a recent birthday celebrant.Special Features:
- I don't drink so never sawOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2012I don't drink so never saw the wine list. It was a quiet night there,not alot of people. It looked like a very nice bar ,but not many people sitting there. It's a beautiful look inside and I hope the lack of patrons was just because it was a Tuesday and right after Memorial Day.There were 4 of us and everyone loved their choices.Special Features:
- The food was AMAZING. EveryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/26/2012The food was AMAZING. Every dish was unique, intricately prepared and plated, and tasted as such. I was very impressed and have not been this happy with a restaurant in a long time (that's saying a lot!) :)Special Features:
- A mixed bag food-wise...YuriyGVIPDined on 5/22/2012We had a nice meal here! Came with a Gilt City voucher. The food was, while interesting, a mixed bag - the plantains and aoli you get with the meal: addictive and awesome! Appetizers - the tuna crudo was amazing, flavorful and beautiful; the stuffed calamari not so much - artichoke stuffing was rubber-like and even found a piece of plastic wrapping in it. Dinner - Scallops were too salty and not very flavorful, but the accompanying grains were great. The pork loin was delicious though! And dessert (molten chocolate cake with raspberry coulis) was just perfect. Add to that a nice wine list and great potential for creative dishes, and I have to optimistically give it 4 stars for food despite the issues. Beautiful setting and friendly servers!Special Features:
- Excellent service, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2012Excellent service, excellent food, excellent drinks and excellent ambiance for a romantic laid back evening.
- Excellent Service, Great Food,andreaDined on 5/16/2012Excellent Service, Great Food, Energetic and fun. Loved all!Special Features:
- The waitress disappeared form4c4g4VIPDined on 5/4/2012The waitress disappeared for long periods of time and when the food was brought to the table some dishes were cold. It gave the strong impression that the entrees were waiting for a long time in the kitchen. I also was not happy with the stuffed calamari dish. They were stuffed with artichokes that were as tough as a piece of plastic. The management did a fantastic job of service recovery though. Usually I have a better experience there.
- Great South End spot!BayouBostonVIPDined on 5/4/2012Wonderful.. went for a birthday celebration and we loved it!Special Features:
- Good food...Extremely poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012Good food. Horrible service. If you want to wait forever for good food, Noche is your restaurant. Front of the house needs some serious work, but the food delivered was very good.