3118 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantnoca.com/
- Phone: 6029566622
- Hours of Operation:
Monday Dinner Hours 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM only from December 1 - April 30 Year Round Dinner Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM Sunday 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM nocawich Lunch Hours Tuesday - Saturday 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering information, please call 602-956-6622 to discuss your event.
- Special Events: The Sunday night format features the Simple Supper, which is a 3 course set menu with choice of entree for $35. The entree choices typically consist of a choice of meat, fish, or vegetarian option with a children's option as well (see website for menu). Follow us on Twitter @restaurantnoca and on Facebook at Restaurant noca.
A word from noca
Located in Phoenix's Biltmore area, noca utilizes the finest ingredients to present Modern American cuisine in a vibrant atmosphere without pretense and formality. noca's daily changing menu reflects the best of the season featuring; local organic produce, crudo, house-made pastas, fish and prime meats. noca has received many accolades including; by the James Beard Foundation as a Semi-finalist for "Best New Restaurant" in the US, AAA's 4 Diamond Rating, Wine Spectator Magazine's "Award of Excellence", "Best Place to Take a Foodie", "Best Contemporary American Restaurant", "Best New Restaurant", "Best Seafood Restaurant", "Best Fried Chicken", and one of "Phoenix's Best Sandwiches" for our Lobster Roll that is featured on Wednesday night as well as Thursday's Special the Wagyu Pastrami. Bon Appetit Magazine recognized Sunday's Simple Supper as having the "Best Daily Special", which is a 3 course set menu with choice of entree for $35. The Simple Supper menus are posted on our websiteContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
noca reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (13)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (7)romantic (6)hot spot (6)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Great food, very unique place, great service. the BEST donuts and milkshake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Critical ReviewersCriticalReviewersVIPDined on 6/22/2014Noca did not live up to its reputation as one of Open Table's top ten 'fit for foodies' restaurants. The food was good, but not at all exceptional. There was a lot of glare from the large windows and large wall covered with mirrors. Loud music made conversation difficult. We will not be going back.
- Great Sundey DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014Each Sunday, Noca develops a 2 or 3 course meal s their menu. It is a great pairing of dishes, and you can choose your 2 courses as appetizer and entree, or entree and desert. The lamb was great that night, esp. for Father's Day. Kids, doesn't matter the age, all got cotton candy. A great find in a rather nondescript strip center in the Biltmore area. Really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulgrtrxVIPDined on 6/6/2014Excellent extremely well thought wine list with prices reasonable even at top end. Hey 2007 L Hermitage is a surprise find so I grabbed it and had it decanted. Went with the 4 courses and was delighted. All their food fits into my "chefs having fun playing with their food" category. Duck confit starter was excellent and a not what I expected presentation. Waigu beef was extraordinary. Simple and working on all flavors and textures. Pasta course was also great. I highly recommend this place. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phoenix Restaurant Week MenuJeneatsworldVIPDined on 5/24/2014Ate here during Phoenix Restaurant Week so did not get to peruse their entire menu but can't wait to get back and see what else they have in store! We were trying it out for the first time for a special birthday dinner. The food was excellent, so tasty. The service is very attentive. Great ambiance, you'd never know you're in a strip mall once you enter the restaurant. This place is on our list of restaurants to keep attending.Special Features:
- A+ Food and Service!redheadazDined on 5/24/2014In my experience, trying a restaurant for the first time during restaurant week can yield varied results. Thankfully, our experience at Noca was phenomenal, and would warrant a return trip on another evening! Not only was the food creative, delicious, and beautifully presented, the service was spectacular all around. I'm looking forward to trying other items on their menu!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014I would have liked this place a lot better if it wasn't such SLOW service. Dinner from start to finish took about 2 hours. That's an hour too long. Food was yummy, though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in PhoenixFoodaholicDined on 5/19/2014Eliot Wexler, the owner, really gets it. The decor and ambiance is great but of course it's the food that deserves all the accolades. My wife started with a duck confit with a perfectly poached duck egg to split open and drizzle over the confit . Many places also present artwork on a plate but with skimpy portions - not so here. I had a wonderful parsnip soup with pickled cauliflower and spiced pecans. Then we both had a large pierogie stuffed with beef short rib and cipollini onions. For mains my wife had Mahi Mahi on a bed of fregola pasta while I had spicy Shriner's pork sausage on unusual Mafaldine pasta cooked al dente. For desert we had donuts with vanilla cinnamon cream. Every single dish was perfect as was the service.Special Features:
- Over friendly?PhoenixvisitorDined on 5/18/2014My waiter was excellent; I just noticed that he and another server approached us while we were in the middle of sentences to strike up a conversation with us (we were visiting from out of town). We'd already ordered and were eating. We didn't mind him talking to us; we were just surprised he cut right in. sometimes, we were literally in mid-sentence. He wasn't checking to ask whether we needed anything or how the food was (he'd done that already). The food was pretty tasty. My only concern was my poached egg with the duck confit. I don't think the whites were done all the way, and it was, well, a bit slimy. I hadn't had a poached egg before, so wasn't sure if that was how it was supposed to be, and didn't ask. The rest was tasty though.Special Features:
- Exceptional cuisine. Well done!AnitaVIPDined on 5/18/2014What a wonderful experience! Everything was perfect. And it is remarkable as the executive Chef is so very young. Went for Restaurant week, and we both loved our choices. We did add the Foie torch on and this too was divine. Had the panzanella salad and duck confit as starters, then we had the pork and pasta dishes. Very well prepared and attractively served. The dishes are lovely, the tulip on the table was color coordinated with the cotton candy. An amusing coincidence I'm sure. The server was David. Pleasant, helpful and professional. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood findPicassoDined on 5/18/2014Food very good. Service excellent. Place was surprisingly empty. Ambience very plainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks can be deceivingKatherineGDined on 5/11/2014The location in a strip mall next to a grocery store made me nervous, but step inside and it is a great surpise! Very hip and modern. The food was fresh, exciting, playful and original. The cocktails were unique and delicious. Check out the three course prix fixe on sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT THE SAME NOCASUSANDined on 5/11/2014We had frequently dined at Noca at least through the previous two chefs and I would not say it is up to par.Special Features:
- jesuiaffameDined on 5/10/2014So glad Noca has reopened. Great, special food every night. Well thought out choices, lovely presentation and, as always, LOVE the homemade cotton candy at the end!Special Features:
- The following 1044 reviews are from the noca reviews archive.
- highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014I have eaten here twice and the food is amazing. This last time I was with a party of 7 and everyone was commenting on how delicious their dish was. I would highly recommend Noca. The cookies and cotton candy at the end are icing on the cake!!!!Special Features:
- Possibly trying too hard13platesVIPDined on 4/16/2014We have dined at noca for quite a few years and it has seen many changes. This was our first experience with the current chef. The food is very good, interesting, carefully thought out and presented well. We sat at the bar by choice as I find the view of Safeway not that appealing. I wonder if just positioning the tables to view the interior of restaurant would offer a nicer experience. Sara, our bartender and server gave good suggestions on wine and described the food thoroughly. I do think she uses the phrase 'my friends' to the point of annoyance. Perhaps she was just trying too hard as it seemed staged. The staff (all new faces) is still trying to work together smoothly as our plates sat for a while and were cleared at different times.Special Features:
- a ruby in the desertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014innovative and creative food and the quality of the food was exceptional with a daily menu. wine list had a great selection. the food was an artform. they were not afraid to create and were successful trying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect food at the perfect pricenatalieDined on 3/30/2014I often stop by noca for a sandwich at lunch (the Cisco Kid is my favorite) but had never dined with them for dinner. We came during their monthly Fried Chicken Sunday Supper and enjoyed the best fried chicken I've probably ever had, an amazingly tender maple butter biscuit, whipped potatoes, and braised greens. Our waitress (Sarah? maybe) was AMAZING - so friendly and helpful, had no problems explaining menu items to us and even adjusted my cocktail for me when she noticed I wasn't drinking it and worried it may not be to my liking. At $35 for a 3-course meal, you can't beat the price for the quality of food and service. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great 1st VisitSherchapDined on 3/29/2014We visited NOCA for the 1st time last weekend and had a wonderful experience! The staff was very welcoming and our server knowledgeable. She made some great wine recommendations that we loved. Special requests were accepted and met and we felt like we were were treated with the utmost professionalism, We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014Noca is a terrific restaurant with an always changing interesting menu. They do wonderful little touches like a amuse as well as complementary desserts which make dinning here a great experience. Highly recommend, the squid ink pasta dish and the sauce it comes with is absolutely fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to Old Noca standardsLoveFOODVIPDined on 3/21/2014Noca was one of our favorite places for dinner before they closed for renovation. It is certainly not up to the old standards. The service was terrible. We made a reservation for 4 and when the 2 of us checked in we were seated at a 2 top before we objected. The other 2 settings were cleared while we talked. Still water was poured into our sparkling water so many times we gave up. Our drinks took forever to arrive and when we inquired the server said they were at the bar, then went to the hostess to chat + the chef to chat. The $16 pastrami was served cold on bland bread. There are glimmers of hope. The soup was awesome as were the hot donuts with chocolate sauce. One more try before we give up and write Noca off as a memory.
- Loved itMiloDined on 3/13/2014Service is key to my experience, they did it great. We had this raviolo to start, delicious... I had the skate wing (delicious and hard to find anywhere!), my friend had squid ink pasta, wow! Menu had that days date on it. Absolutely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New nocakcatbatDined on 3/13/2014Noca was one of our favorites before they discontinued their dinner service last year and this was our first visit since they reopened. The remodeled room seems larger and has better sight lines. The service was outstanding as has been our experience. There is a good selection of vegetarian dishes on the menu and the Panzanella salad was outstanding, large enough to be an entre. The Panisse Cake was excellent as well. The Diver Scallops were tasty and perfectly cooked, although overpriced at $11 a piece. This dish was described as including pork belly but I couldn't find any in mine. The prosciutto wrapped pork chopped sounded like a great concept, but I found it too salty and a little fatty. Overall, I expect improvement when we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014Shocked to learn the executive chef is 22 years old...all was perfect...again. The last time was also perfect, before youth took over. Service here is friendly, experienced and thoughtful. Menu items vary, but all quite creative. What a wonderful dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening experiencedorsiDined on 3/8/2014The menu is interesting and the presentations are very pretty. The dishes I ordered were just as I had expected them to be and delicious. There are little tasty surprises throughout the meal. I think the tables are a bit close but I have trouble hearing so this might not be a problem for others.Special Features:
- Top Notch Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014First time to NOCA in a couple of years. Cauliflower soup was outstanding. Pasta was excellent as well though portion was a bit on the small side. Server was unfamiliar with some of the wines but quickly summoned the sommelier and the choice was excellent; we and the server had a friendly agreement we were all on the learning curve. Definitely would return and recommend highly to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteJimMcCDined on 3/8/2014Food here is cutting edge. We are in Phoenix once a year, we always dine here once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The gem in the desertjimxfedDined on 3/6/2014I can only describe our meal at Noca's as a "gem". The waitress was super friendly and helpful in a most efficient, but not annoying way. My date and I split a wonderful salad and followed up with a shared dish of squid ink pasta infused with seafood after asking the waitress is the portion size would be sufficient to satisfy. It was not only sufficient, it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LPwhymustiaddcharactersVIPDined on 2/15/2014Went here on their second day open following redecoration. Place looks great, and the new menu is outstanding! Timing was off but that's to be expected after a re-opening. The Hamachi crudo might be the best appetizer in the Valley, and the ribeye, scallops, and pasta with pork sausage are also not to be missed. Do not miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Opening Night ImpressionLongTimeFansVIPDined on 2/14/2014We booked our reservation before realizing that it was grand re-opening night, a good surprise. Not sure what the restaurant looked like pre-remodel, but the new decor is simple, warm and comfortable. The Valentine's prix fixe menu was explained by our server to be a preview of the permanent dinner menu. Options included a deliciously velvety wild mushroom soup, squid ink pasta, prime rib, and salted caramel budino. Each dish was well prepared and plated to appeal to the eye. Our server was very good, but should have checked back on our table more frequently to ensure drinks were replaced when empty. We will go back to check out the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine fizzleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Been looking forward to eating here for years, didn't know that a tasting menu was the only option for valentines, options were few and not what we were hoping for. Additionally, a significant amount a time passed before a server greeted us. Music was too loud. Staff seemed unorganized. Will attempt another time when it's not a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2013Very good food. Would definitely go again. Great spot.Special Features:
- All about the food...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2013Small, strip-mall ho-hum decor, which is a shame, since the open kitchen prepares some very elegant, exceptional top-notch starters and entrees. We found the wait staff attentive, friendly and well-versed, much to our surprise, given current reviews we had read. Interesting wine and yummy desserts. We just loved it!! Back we'll go...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOCA & New ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/21/2013We have been fans of NOCA, since they opened, and have followed their chefs. This was our first visit, since Chef Claudio Urciuoli took the helm. Almost the entire menu was new to us, so we did a bunch of mixing and matching. Everything was great, and up to Eliot Wexler's previous standards, even if some dishes were a departure from previous chefs. I was gladdened to see that Eliot still has a great eye on his wine list, and many of my favorites were still there. He has added a handful of Italian wines, that were missing in the past, to accompany many of the dishes that Chef Urciuoli is doing. It also appears that the half-bottle selection has expanded, as well.Special Features:
- Ok but not that good.quinnyDined on 6/21/2013Six diners all opinionated & frequent dine out connoisseurs no one said anything positive. We had plenty of water & the server Jenny was bubbly, sweet & attentive. Friday 6-21-13
- Very underwhelming! Loud,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2013Very underwhelming! Loud, too many tables for such a small area, and inattentive wait staff made this a below average restaurant. Food portions were a bit small (pricing was fine). All in all we were disappointed because we had expected so much more based on some of the reviews that we had read.
- Food was very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2013Food was very disappointing on the Friday night we went; very bland. Shrimp had been frozen and the texture and taste accordingly suffered in the Insalata di mare. The appetizer also lacked fresh spices and ingredients. The Burrida was very plain and the white fish seriously overcooked. The just laid appetizer was lacking salt and other spices. The Mezzalune was also bland. We also found the waitresses, all woman, to be indifferent. The busboy was very attentive. Don't know whether there's a new owner or the chef was on vacation but Noca is not for people serious about food.Special Features:
- Nobody does it better.SteveVIPDined on 6/7/2013The perfect meal almost everytime. We had Insalada de Mare and Soft Shell Crab. Followed by two pasta dishes and King Salmon. All were fresh and delicious. Great service and a very gracious staff. You must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half a Thumbs UpGibsVIPDined on 6/5/2013Atmosphere, Drinks and Service were ferric! Food was OK, not quite what we expected. It was difficult for us to find something we wanted to eat.Special Features:
- Plain dinnerarizonians97Dined on 6/5/2013Average food quality and price for dinner... good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.