Nobu Los Angeles
903 N. La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90069Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
Nobu Los Angeles
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.noburestaurants.com/
- Phone: (310) 657-5711
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 10:15pm
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:15pm
BAR & LOUNGE
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - close
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Jason Benavente
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With three unique dining rooms and an elegant bar and lounge, Nobu Los Angeles is available for private and semi-private parties for partial or entire evening events. Please contact the Special Events department at (310) 657-5711 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
A word from Nobu Los Angeles
Nobu Los Angeles opened in the spring of 2008 and was designed by world renowned architect David Rockwell in the famed L'Orangerie space on La Cienega Boulevard. The menu features chef owner Nobu Matsuhisa’s signature dishes such as the Toro Tartar with Caviar, Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno, and Black Cod Miso. Nobu Los Angeles also offers local specials like Wagyu Tacos, Seabass Jalapeno Miso and Kanpachi Sashimi with Baby Artichoke and Yuzu Dressing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Nobu Los Angeles - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Nobu Los Angeles reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)hot spot (52)romantic (49)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (10)notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (8)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014Their little beef tacos are amazing. Lobster was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbBillinColoradoVIPDined on 11/10/2014My wife and I, on the recommendation of friends, dined the other night at Nobu. While it is somewhat unfair to label this as a "sushi restaurtant", it is certainly the best of that ilk I have experienced in this country (having been often entertained in Japan for business). Not only is the food exquisite, but creativity is evident in every aspect of the experience, from the quality of the proteins, the aesthetics of the presentation of the dishes, the decor, and the foodie passion of the wait staff. The chef even (a bit to my surprise), agreed to prepare my favorite sushi roll: an inside out Hamachi roll with scallions, topped with fresh masago. The wine list was good, if not extensive, but the sake list was both. Overall, a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014After hearing good things about this restaurant we decided to give it a try. The food was unbelievable! However, equally excellent was the service. Our server Kainoa in particular made our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experienceUniquePriceySavoryDined on 11/7/2014Celebrated my honeys Bday n Def special. Portions very small n pricey. So be prepared. Simple serene artistic ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingCavalieriDined on 11/4/2014Nobu is always a great choice, great ambience with amazing food!Special Features:
- Small portionsDanmexicoDined on 10/26/2014The portions, are extremelly small, you can increase price, but have bigger sizeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What is all the fuss about?Davis1234Dined on 10/25/2014Finally tried nobu after hearing about it for over a year. I took my best friend for her birthday and we were not impressed. The servers kept rushing us and kept asking to take our plates even though they still had food on them. We each had the omakase. While the food was presented artistically, it was not that delicious. I wish we had tried a different restaurant.Special Features:
- Nobu Los Angeles - DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food and ambiance at Nobu are fantastic. We had a group of 4 and we ordered numerous items and shared everything. Everything we tried was delicious. The fish is fresh and well prepared with unique sauces and finishes. The pork belly was amazing. The rolls are pretty basic - so I suggest trying some of their other unique items.Special Features:
- Amazing food!!!!!LanceDined on 10/14/2014We tried everything the waiter recommended and was thoroughly impressed with each choice. Loved it and look forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Outstanding service and amazing food. Expensive but worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Japanese cuisineAmazingDined on 10/2/2014Every single item we tried was mind blowing! Loved everything about Nobu LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant but but exceptional...ShanghaiGourmetVIPDined on 10/1/2014Had a pleasant meal at Nobu but not quite the "occasion" we expected having visited some of his overseas restaurants such as London. Fish was fresh but the flavors, esp the sauces were not as nuanced as we expected. Overall having lived several years in Japan it reminded me of eating at a good Izakaya (Japanese style pub) vs a fine dining establishment. Service was friendly and attentive as we've come to expect at Nobu. Decor is cosy but unremarkable. Overall a nice evening but "wow" factor was missing.Special Features:
- great foodjennVIPDined on 9/30/2014great food, great service. a bit loud and seats are close. overall a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Outstanding staffKappaDined on 9/30/2014Great food, knowledgeable and attentive staff who quickly attended to a disruptive and rude tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time........IndyDined on 9/27/2014Food was great, wait staff was awesome. Drink we're a little weak but no problem told waiter I need it stronger and he did with no extra charge. Expensive but I had 5 in my party I was going in with the assumption of paying a rack but only payed 660 including tip which was good for meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent but overly priced placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Undoubtedly, the food was great. You can have a bite of the most amazing fusion (Asian+America) food here. But of course, it is outrageously expensive. Guess what? A small piece of wagyu beef would cost you 130 dollars. Believe me, five pieces may be able to fill you up.Special Features:
- PositiveLpblakenDined on 9/4/2014Great food! Amazing service. Suggest three cold items and three warm items for two people to share. Skip dessert too pricey for such a small amount. Specialty drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nobu experiencelovefoodDined on 8/31/2014Our daughter selected Nobu to celebrate her 21st birthday. The food & service were excellent! I cannot even begin to describe the food, it was amazing. We will definitely be going back. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and very enthusiastic. A delightful young lady. A delightful experience and Nobu is now our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Food and enviroment was classyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We went for my sons 21st birthday drinks were excellent and waitress professional , food was elegant and the wagyu beef divine !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!ABDinerDined on 8/25/2014This was our first experience at a NOBU restaurant. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatAwesomeDined on 8/22/2014Service was outstanding. Food was great. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service anywhere!MaryVIPDined on 8/22/2014Been going to Nobu for years and the service, as well as the food is always great!!Special Features:
- Best meal in LA!jeepikeDined on 8/18/2014Our waiter advised us to try several dishes from apps to sashimi to rolls, hot dishes, and desserts. We chose a few drinks to go along and even though it was our priciest meal on our trip it was worth the most. Every selection was the absolute best of its kind and if you are ever around, you must go!Special Features:
- Fabulous foodDruhDined on 8/14/2014We truly enjoyed everything we ordered at Nobu. Appreciated the reviews about the black cod because it was the best I've ever had. We ordered 8 -10 items and enjoyed everything including the flourless chocolate cake with green tea ice cream. I was also happy that my comment regarding my son's birthday was noted by the restaurant without me reminding them when we were there. I recommend Nobu and Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceChriskkDined on 8/13/2014Great food, excellent service. The rice beer was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best sushi restaurantsJoBeyDined on 8/9/2014This was our first visit to Nobu as we are visitors here and we were looking forward to it. The food lived up to our expectation, it was fresh and delicious. We had a great waiter who gave us some great recommendations and we really enjoyed the choices we made. Definitely worth visiting, not cheap but worth the great food or if you want a special occasion. We noticed lots of families as well with younger children so it's very child friendly which was a pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- It's Nobuchedder123Dined on 8/6/2014Nobu is at the top of my food chain list. My wife and I have visited the one in Las Vegas numerous times and love it. We had some family in town and attended an event in LA. We decided to treat them to a once-in-a-lifetime dinner and were able to get reservations at Nobu. This being our first visit to the LA restaurant, we were a bit disappointed that it wasn't the same grande experience you feel at the Las Vegas one. Food was top notch. Best thing on the menu for non-fish/sushi is their Wagyu Steak. 2 of us liked fish and two of us didn't. Our waiter did a great job bringing things for us to try, as we left the whole evening up to him. All in all a great dining experience..Special Features:
- Bad serviceFoodDkDined on 8/4/2014Went here last day in la and had poor service. No tips on what to order. Whereas on the whole the food was good one dish was bad. Like chicken and gravy.
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2014My 16yr old son chose this for his special birthday dinner. We didn't think he would enjoy it (doesn't like sushi), but there was plenty for all of us to enjoy, and they gave a special acknowledgment for his birthday. Well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi!MeganVIPDined on 8/1/20144 of us went for dinner. We ordered two appetizers, 6 sushi rolls and a drink or two each. Our waiter seemed kind of annoyed that we didn't order any highly priced menu items, but his service was good nonetheless. We really enjoyed the rolls and were full after!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and funMitchDined on 7/31/2014Nobu has a stellar reputation and they don't disappoint, excellent tasting food but you do pay a premium for it. As with most sushi portions are not large and if you are really hungry, or want to keep ordering plates it can get quite expensive. Aside from the delicious preparations the service staff was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 790 reviews are from the Nobu Los Angeles reviews archive.
- Only fair. I expected much more.WhattaDragDined on 7/23/2014Very typical sushi I could've had at any corner sushi bar for 1/2 the price. I also ordered a ribeye steak for $45. I ordered it rare/charred. It came very well done. And was so tiny. A few small slices each (2 of us). I typically don't send food back. It's not how I roll. I just don't go back. The place was near empty yet they chose to seat us at a long shared table instead of a nice 4 top. (We were 2) so they left must of the center if the restaurant unseated instead if giving the few guests they had a nicer dining experience. I prefer privacy over sitting in between strangers who can hear every word and vice versa. I was definitely disappointed traveling from Miami and picking the famous NOBU as one of the two main dinners I had in LA
- Too expensiveLongMemoryDined on 7/20/2014The service is excellent. Though the food ingredient is very good, the look and feel and presentation of food is quite standard. The price is very high. May be the expectation is too high.
- CHF1230VIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was good, consistent with other Nobu restaurants. We had three different servers, which restulted in poor service inluding an item we ordered that never arrived but still made it on the bill. Restaurant was not busy but we were still sat at a very undesirable table.
- Celebratory sushi!BirthdaydinerDined on 7/19/2014I love Nobu, everything about it. Came here on a Saturday night with my boyfriend early for our reso but were able to sit at sushi bar as requested. We were the only ones there, perfect. Sushi chef was hands on, great conversation. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top restaurantalexbDined on 7/19/2014Went there Saturday nite with some friends, the food is good and the service top. I recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, attentive service!snewjerseyDined on 7/17/2014Extremely excellent service and fabulous food make Nobu LA a must do when dining in the Los Angeles and hollywood area. Calamari was superb and all else ordered was just as delicious. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NobuCwebnewsDined on 7/15/2014The service was great, the atmosphere was great. Food was good, but I did not find anything super outstanding about it to warrant the very high prices and small portions.The quality of the food is excellent, freshness and presentation. There was no wow factor here on the food. Of course we did not try everything on the menu. My ginger- cucumber martini was OK, I would not of ordered it again- nothing special about it. The manager was excellent about making our change from Sushi Bar to table. But we did notice a lot of empty tables that were never filled. Restaurants always do this as they think their A- listers may show up? But new customers can become A- listers. The manager did a real nice job of accommodating our first time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreTaniaDined on 7/14/2014There was a weird smell. I think this place is overrated!Special Features:
- Perfect NightCiganyzeneDined on 7/12/2014Amazing food, outstanding service, delicious cocktails! We had a party of 6 and never wanted for anything. Food constantly served, water and cocktails always full, plates removed before you even noticed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.