380 Knollwood St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27103Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://noblesgrille.com/
- Phone: 3367778477
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Southern
- Executive Chef: Phil Barnes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: For information on catering and sales please contact Darla Kirkeeng at email@example.com or (704) 778-0078 You may also contact Spence Wilcox, banquet coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 777-8477 and John Fulp at email@example.com or at (336) 777-8477
- Private Party Contact: Spence Wilcox 3367778477
A word from Noble's Grille
The elegant open design of Noble's Grille was inspired by the restaurants of Napa Valley, where Chef Noble was first inspired to follow his dream and become a gourmet. A delicious French-Mediterranean menu features clean, light cuisine carefully cooked over a wood-fired oven, grill and rotisserie to bring out its natural flavors. That way, you can savor the taste of the food, no overly heavy sauces and crusts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Noble's Grille - Best Restaurants in Winston-Salem ›
Noble's Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)fit for foodies (48)romantic (34)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (24)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ExcellentKboyDined on 8/23/2014Good food, good service. Had not been to Noble's for a long time.....sorry I waited so long to try again. All was excellent. Will return again soon! The Tile fish was wonderful. My wife says her steak was perfect.Special Features:
- Incredibly slow serviceKellysVIPDined on 8/22/2014It took at least an hour to get a cheese plate and only got it because we asked for it. The food was delicious but we were there for two and a half hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun celebration!Hopeful13Dined on 8/22/2014My friends and I were celebrating a very special birthday for a dear friend. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- star is waningEdwardDined on 8/14/2014we have always enjoyed Noble's. but have not been there in a couple of years; decor lacking; no live flowers: all fake. bar area looks tacky with the stand up toughs. service acceptable, tables along banquette too close. salad lackluster. not sure about the heirloom tomato: ? whole foods or harris teeter ? but entrees were exceptional. excellent food will return, but overall sad to see such an exceptional restaurant decline.Special Features:
- Great for Meeting!businesslunchladyDined on 8/5/2014This is the 3rd time I have made a reservation for a business meeting at Noble's and it continues to provide outstanding food, service and very accommodating for meeting. Even though we tend to stay for 2 hours or more, they staff is always patient, very accommodating and is never in a rush to run us off. I will continue to dine at Noble's for both business and pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsStevemVIPDined on 8/2/2014when you continually drive from Greensboro to Winston Salem for a night out to dinner there must be something about the restaurant. The dining room is beautiful, the bar inviting and fun. Its tough to have a favorite on the menu because all the dishes have that very unique taste and presentation. The staff is best in class. Take a road trip…its worth it.Special Features:
- Business LunchStorkmanDined on 7/31/2014Excellent place to meet for a business lunch. It can get a little noisy at the peak of lunch but the atmosphere, food quality and service far outweigh this small inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner!FoodonecanobieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Had Dinner Saturday Night with 2 couples. Fantastic Waiter!! Innovative Menu!! Excellent and Reasonable Wine List!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightstilldiningDined on 7/22/2014From appetizers to desserts - everything was delicious! It was hard to leave a bite uneaten. Our waiter, Joe was knowledgeable and extremely courteous. Can not wait to return.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Noble'smbarbeeVIPDined on 7/12/2014I just love how Chef Bobby creates interesting and tasty dishes based on fresh, local ingredients. We had a wonderful roast cauliflower as an app along with zucchini fries - delicious. For vegetarians, the vegetable selection is numerous and all perfectly prepared to get the most natural flavor out of the vegetable. And the salmon - yummy. It was our daughter's birthday and the staff made her and her friends feel very welcome and special. Thanks to everyone at Noble's for another wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!!KiwiDined on 7/7/2014We went to Noble's to celebrate my mother's 83rd birthday! They tried to make it festive and special for her. My sister and niece from New Zealand were there too. We all loved the food, the service, and the attention to detail!! Thank you, Noble's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEatingoutVIPDined on 7/3/2014Food was very good and service was very good. The BBQ was surprisingly good, as this is certainly not a BBQ shop. The blueberry trifle for dessert was very tasty but not too heavy, which is always a concern regarding dessert. The vegetable platter was very good, except that the asparagus was stringy because not enough stalk was removedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!shinerDined on 6/30/2014As expected, even with a large party of 9, the food and service were outstanding. Particularly enjoyed the moonshine cocktails (it is moonshine country).Special Features:
- as expectedwillbebackDined on 6/28/2014there are certain places you can go time and time again that you know it will always be great food, excellent services and perfect setting, that is Nobles! we always leave so pleased with the quality of food, fresh taste and professional service personnel...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!CarmellaDined on 6/27/2014Overall pleased with everything from the service to the food, couldn't ask for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeness From UnusualSoutherntouristVIPDined on 6/26/2014There are few experiences in dining I rate a 5. It has to be something extra mile special to get my attention. Nobles did that for me. From a properly created Old Fashioned cocktail to a very good wine selection their drink menu is superb. The food is created from ingredients you don't expect like the Mock Turtle Soup made from oxtail, kidney, heart, radish and scallops. Sounds weird but delicious. The short ribs were nothing short of awesome. Fork tender and accompanied by a mushroom based vegetable medley and sweet potato puree that fit perfect as a well worn glove. The server said they specialize in foods no one else would ordinarily think to use. This place makes awesomeness from the unusual! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First disappointing mealTryagainDined on 6/23/2014We dined at Noble's in Winston-Salem in celebration of our 15th anniversary as we have done every year for 15 years. The experience has always been exceptional. This year however the food was a huge disappointment. Becky ordered the filet mignon which was marbled with sinew to a point that even the steak-knife had trouble. I've never seen a tough filet. My tilefish was seasoned nicely but cooked completely dry. I brought this to the waitresses' attention but only for the chef's benefit (if he/she wanted it). Tilefish can overcook easily if you're not paying attention. Still a great restaurant which we greatly enjoy; just that we both experiences much less than their normal quality on this evening.Special Features:
- One of my FAVS's!bizownerandmomof3Dined on 6/7/2014One of my favorites! I love the tomato bisque and anything you order is just awesome. The Sweet Tart Martini keeps me coming back - it is amazing!! We come here alot whether with friends, as a couple or with our kids. Our kids (ages 9) love it too. Serivice is always the best! Thanks for great good, great service and love the martini's!Special Features:
- Fantastic cuisineCuisineSavantVIPDined on 6/7/2014A fantastic evening and truly fantastic food is the best way to describe Noble's Grille. From brilliant service, an exhaustive and well composed wine list, and finally the exquisite cuisine, it is truly a wonderful place in which to dine. Each of us sampled different fare, and found each salad, soup, and entree to be freshly prepared, beautifully presented, and delicious. If you're passing through Winston Salem and are desirous of a fine lunch or dinner, it is truly a wonderful place to stop. While it is a bit of a drive for us, should we find ourselves anywhere near Greensboro or Winston-Salem, we make it a point to dine at Noble's. Truly an outstanding restaurant and a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Casual Friday night dinnerLaurieDined on 6/6/2014We stopped in for a relaxed Friday night dinner - just burgers and an individual pizza. And some great drinks. It 's nice that this gourmet restaurant has casual menu options when you are in the mood for that kind of food. Our meals were delicious. The atmosphere of this restaurant is upscale, relaxing and beautiful. Service was perfect.Special Features:
- OutstandingSusiQDined on 5/31/2014I have NEVER had a bad dinner experience here after many years. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightMikeDined on 5/31/2014Noble's Grille for date night never fails. It's like the staff intuitively knows that the evening is special. Thanks for making our 17th anniversary wonderful.Special Features:
- Great All AroundbiggaroniDined on 5/30/2014Knowledgeable server, good wine pairings, fresh pasta, and the best oyster salad in town. Plus I love the wood fired oven. It makes the place smell awesome. Noble's consistently delivers a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!FitFoodieVIPDined on 5/28/2014Never a bad meal! Service is wonderful and the food is even better! Great place to go for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccaissonCarolinaspiderDined on 5/24/2014Got there 10 minutes before reservation time and still did not have to wait. Waiter asked why we were there as there for my wife's birthday and immediately he made her aware of free dessert for her. We got a bottle of wine and once did we have to pour more in glass as waiter was very observant and kept our glasses filled. Atmosphere was great and never did we feel rushed. The duck was awesome.Special Features:
- Nice meal--Service could be bettercarolinacolonelVIPDined on 5/23/2014Very nice meal. Service could have been a little more attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014The food was very good. And the service was perfect. It was very noisy and difficult to carry on a conversation. (We were there 5:30-6:30 on a Friday night.) It would have been nice to have a side with every entrée. We did not realize that we really needed to order a salad or side with our meals.Special Features:
- top notch diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2014One of the top dining destinations in the Triad. Something for every palate from house made charcuterie, to NC cheeses, to a variety of cuts from NC heritage breed pork, to NC seafood to fresh salads and stone oven baked pizzas. Beef cuts are all Certified Angus Beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine dinnerKathyVIPDined on 5/20/2014We were there for a Kendall Jackson wine dinner. As usual, the food was outstanding and the service and staff well trained. I highly recommend Noble's. One of my favorites in the Triad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Food was delicious! Service was perfect! Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special mom dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Great food and service atmosphere also very good. Carmel cake was to die for you must try itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 435 reviews are from the Noble's Grille reviews archive.
- Excellent serviceEhullDined on 5/2/2014Our server was so knowledgable and excited about the menu items and features. She described the plates to where we could picture what we ordered. The entrees were delicious but the dessert she suggested was one of the best desserts I've had. My boyfriend and I went to celebrate our anniversary. We enjoyed the whole experience. The server took great care of us without hindering our conversation. She was an absolute professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but expensiveprofanneDined on 4/18/2014The food was certainly tasty and the restaurant was fine, but it was definitely pricier than the value I perceived receiving. I only went because someone had given me a gift card that paid approximately half the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my FAV's!bizownerandmomof3Dined on 4/17/2014Great food! Everytime I try something different here it is just awesome how great the food is. Love love the Sweet Tart Martini. I go to this restaurant with my husband and kids, or at times with just me and my husband or to meet friends. You can't go wrong. Just fabulous!Special Features:
- Good not greatjrchicago9Dined on 4/9/2014Visited Noble's for a birthday and it was a nice meal. Trout was excellent. Oyster salad is the original and still the best over other restaurants that have tried to copy it. Crab cake was good mix of crab and not too much bread crumbs. Desserts were excellent with the flour less chocolate torte paired with a peanut butter ice cream that just the right amount to share. We did have to flag down our server a few too many times. If you can afford the bill and enjoy an open seating where you can hear most of what's going on at the next table, Noble's remains one of the best restaurants in W-S.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeCTRobVIPDined on 4/6/2014We have been visiting our daughter at Wake for the last two years and this was simply the best restaurant that we've been to in Winston-Salem. The location in a big office complex should not turn you off. The room is large but inviting. The staff were extremely nice and helpful. The salads were among the best that we've had anywhere. (And yes, we are food snobs). The chicken was excellent as was the special pasta with shrimp. The white pizza could have used a bit more cheese however, The wine list was excellent and reasonably priced. The desserts were excellent except that there were too many to choose from! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wonderful service!THolderDined on 4/6/2014Our dinner at Noble's Grill was a very nice experience. The food was delicious and the wait staff did a fabulous job. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable and helpful as we were choosing our meal. An overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FridaykimboDined on 3/28/2014All the food was excellent . We had rib ravioli, salmon, filet, calamari, duck and risotto, scallops, salads, and bread pudding. It was all prepared perfectly and served professionally. Service was good but waitress did not manage the wine service very well. The wine selection was very good. Staff and management were friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant But.......PAMMDined on 3/25/2014I went to Noble's for the first time for my birthday. It was a very good experience. However, I was disappointed that they did not check me through Open Table. I have used Open Table many times and have never had that experience. Thanks to Open Table for making the correction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad dayStevemVIPDined on 3/22/2014This continues to be the go to spot for great food, a wonderful time and culinary creativity. No matter if you're dining outside, in the restaurant or at the bar its outstanding.Special Features: