380 Knollwood St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27103Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://noblesgrille.com/
- Phone: (336) 777-8477
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Southern
- Executive Chef: Phil Barnes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: For information on catering and sales please contact Darla Kirkeeng at email@example.com or (704) 778-0078 You may also contact Spence Wilcox, banquet coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 777-8477 and John Fulp at email@example.com or at (336) 777-8477
- Private Party Contact: Spence Wilcox 3367778477
A word from Noble's Grille
The elegant open design of Noble's Grille was inspired by the restaurants of Napa Valley, where Chef Noble was first inspired to follow his dream and become a gourmet. A delicious French-Mediterranean menu features clean, light cuisine carefully cooked over a wood-fired oven, grill and rotisserie to bring out its natural flavors. That way, you can savor the taste of the food, no overly heavy sauces and crusts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Noble's Grille - Best Restaurants in Winston-Salem ›
Noble's Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)fit for foodies (29)romantic (19)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (16)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Ok food and inattentive serviceSuzanneDined on 11/22/2014We were disappointed by our recent visit to Nobles. While our server was knowledgeable, he hardly ever came around and we had to keep asking for someone to find him. On top of that 2 of our 4 main courses were either prepared incorrectly or were plain bad. Lamb was really tough to chew and it was almost and appetizer portion anyway. Not worth the $28.
- Always A PleasureShareTheJoyDined on 11/21/2014We always enjoy Noble's when in town on business, and this time was no exception. On this occasion our table was right next to the open kitchen so it was pretty noisy, but to be fair they accommodated both a time change (earlier) and change in group size (larger) on very short notice (thank you!). They have some very nice wines which are not on the wine list and won't break the bank (consider asking for the Meiomi pinot noir), and our server was quite helpful on that count. Several folks had the crab cakes and loved them. It is worth noting that their basis for comparison is the Chesapeake Bay environment (Baltimore, Newport News/Norfolk, and the DelMarVa Peninsula), so that is high praise indeed. My filet mignon arrived medium well instead of rare (!), but that was quickly corrected under the server's watchful eye and it turned out to be delicious. For dessert, the creme brulee was a real hit. My caramel cake was on the dry side, but the butter pecan ice cream and scattered pecans were very good (and might have made up for the cake if there had been less cake and more ice cream). We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently one of the bestMDKempDined on 11/20/2014Noble's Grille is consistently one of the best restaurants in the Winston Salem area. The menu is always interesting and the food is prepared spot on. They also have a great private room you can book for a larger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding As Always1foodieDined on 11/1/2014We go to Noble's for a night out with friends and for special occasions. The food is consistently good. For starters, the tomato bisque is the best in town! One of us had the filet which was excellent. The other had flounder which tasted very fresh and the preparation was exceptional. It is also nice that you can order the side dishes which at least two can share and there is a good selection to choose from. Last, but not least, Noble's offers a good variety of desserts and we have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is upbeat and the servers are always friendly and attentive. Noble's is one of our favorite Winston-Salem restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AjacobsDeaconmomDined on 10/25/2014Everything was perfect. The food and service were excellent. It was a busy parents weekend at wake and the place was very crowded, but they managed everything well. We arrived and were seated immediately. I even called half hour before to add to our res and they were able to accommodate our request. I will recommend to friends, and will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch for business colleaguesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Provides a great atmosphere for discussion. The food, service and atmosphere all provide an environment conducive to conduct business.Special Features:
- not the same....JobibVIPDined on 10/19/2014I've eaten at Noble's for years and moved away from WS a few years ago. I was excited to be back and eat there for dinner, and left completely disappointed. First, the menu has changed and completely lost its unique sensibility. They brought a beautifully wrapped presentation of bread before dinner, and it was ice-cold. We asked for warm bread; which didn't arrive until after our dinner. The food came quickly, but other than that the service was just terrible. They need to do some serious training with their staff. Our waitress was extremely unprofessional, didn't know how to properly place or remove plates, and acted more like she was working at Applebee's than Nobles. It did not at all feel like a fine dining experience.
- dependablesilkyDined on 10/19/2014Always try to make it to nobles during furniture market. You can count on a comfortable relaxing delicious evening after a hectic day. Worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We had out of town guests and this is a place that we can take them that they don't have at home. And the service and food are always predictably excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Had the Cast Iron Filet Mignon and it might be the best steak I've ever had. Also mentioned it was our anniversary and got a discount!!Special Features:
- 8titupDined on 10/10/2014Good food. Great service. It was my first time since moving to Winston Salem seven years ago. I would and hope to eat there again soon.Special Features:
- Winston-Salem Find!FirstIceQueenDined on 10/4/2014Great place. Excellent menu selections with service to match. Server very knowledgeable regarding any of our parties questions with perfect recommendations based on our dining preferences and palate. Dessert was the only disappoint for one of the two of us. Slightly pricey but you get what you pay for. No question would make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VolHeelsDined on 10/4/2014By recommendation, I brought my wife here for your birthday and we TRULY enjoyed ourselves! The food was excellent, the server were attentive and the atmosphere was great. I would highly recommend Noble's!Special Features:
- Nobles Grill has gone downhillsearchingforperfectionVIPDined on 9/20/2014Very disappointing experience. It has been two years since our last visit and the difference is shocking. Food was uneven, with some excellent dishes but other poor ones. Desserts disappointing. Service deplorable. Some dishes, such as roasted half-chicken were stingy. Restaurant needs a refresh. To top it off, we both had upset stomachs and bowel trouble the next morning! Jazz music was excellent, but the space is so noisy with hard surfaces that even though we were a couple of tables away from the band we could barely hear the music.
- So-so.HighstandardsVIPDined on 9/15/2014I was underwhelmed by my meal here and wouldn't normally take the time to comment but the food seemed overpriced for what it was. The dishes I had were classic American dishes that tasted just plain and I expect restaurants of this caliber to be using ingredients and flavors that really set their version of a classic aside from what I can cook myself at home. It was not a bad experience just mediocre and with that in consideration, overpriced.
- Germ sharing when pouring water!reservationspleaseDined on 9/13/2014Every one of the gentlemen who poured us water touched the pitchers edge to our glass which is such a germ spreader. It is amazing that based on everything else being classy at this restaurant somehow they missed the mark on this problem.Special Features:
- Great AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014It was a great atmosphere and the service was great even for 9pm on a weekday. Th food was just as great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, little privacyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We have loved the food each time we have dined at Nobles Grill. The open seating. Unfortunately the open seating can give you some noisy neighbors which can distract from your mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKboyDined on 8/23/2014Good food, good service. Had not been to Noble's for a long time.....sorry I waited so long to try again. All was excellent. Will return again soon! The Tile fish was wonderful. My wife says her steak was perfect.Special Features:
- Incredibly slow serviceKellysVIPDined on 8/22/2014It took at least an hour to get a cheese plate and only got it because we asked for it. The food was delicious but we were there for two and a half hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun celebration!Hopeful13Dined on 8/22/2014My friends and I were celebrating a very special birthday for a dear friend. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- star is waningEdwardDined on 8/14/2014we have always enjoyed Noble's. but have not been there in a couple of years; decor lacking; no live flowers: all fake. bar area looks tacky with the stand up toughs. service acceptable, tables along banquette too close. salad lackluster. not sure about the heirloom tomato: ? whole foods or harris teeter ? but entrees were exceptional. excellent food will return, but overall sad to see such an exceptional restaurant decline.Special Features:
- Great for Meeting!businesslunchladyDined on 8/5/2014This is the 3rd time I have made a reservation for a business meeting at Noble's and it continues to provide outstanding food, service and very accommodating for meeting. Even though we tend to stay for 2 hours or more, they staff is always patient, very accommodating and is never in a rush to run us off. I will continue to dine at Noble's for both business and pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsStevemVIPDined on 8/2/2014when you continually drive from Greensboro to Winston Salem for a night out to dinner there must be something about the restaurant. The dining room is beautiful, the bar inviting and fun. Its tough to have a favorite on the menu because all the dishes have that very unique taste and presentation. The staff is best in class. Take a road trip…its worth it.Special Features:
- The following 461 reviews are from the Noble's Grille reviews archive.
- Business LunchStorkmanDined on 7/31/2014Excellent place to meet for a business lunch. It can get a little noisy at the peak of lunch but the atmosphere, food quality and service far outweigh this small inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner!FoodonecanobieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Had Dinner Saturday Night with 2 couples. Fantastic Waiter!! Innovative Menu!! Excellent and Reasonable Wine List!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightstilldiningDined on 7/22/2014From appetizers to desserts - everything was delicious! It was hard to leave a bite uneaten. Our waiter, Joe was knowledgeable and extremely courteous. Can not wait to return.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Noble'smbarbeeVIPDined on 7/12/2014I just love how Chef Bobby creates interesting and tasty dishes based on fresh, local ingredients. We had a wonderful roast cauliflower as an app along with zucchini fries - delicious. For vegetarians, the vegetable selection is numerous and all perfectly prepared to get the most natural flavor out of the vegetable. And the salmon - yummy. It was our daughter's birthday and the staff made her and her friends feel very welcome and special. Thanks to everyone at Noble's for another wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!!KiwiDined on 7/7/2014We went to Noble's to celebrate my mother's 83rd birthday! They tried to make it festive and special for her. My sister and niece from New Zealand were there too. We all loved the food, the service, and the attention to detail!! Thank you, Noble's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEatingoutVIPDined on 7/3/2014Food was very good and service was very good. The BBQ was surprisingly good, as this is certainly not a BBQ shop. The blueberry trifle for dessert was very tasty but not too heavy, which is always a concern regarding dessert. The vegetable platter was very good, except that the asparagus was stringy because not enough stalk was removedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!shinerDined on 6/30/2014As expected, even with a large party of 9, the food and service were outstanding. Particularly enjoyed the moonshine cocktails (it is moonshine country).Special Features:
- as expectedwillbebackDined on 6/28/2014there are certain places you can go time and time again that you know it will always be great food, excellent services and perfect setting, that is Nobles! we always leave so pleased with the quality of food, fresh taste and professional service personnel...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!CarmellaDined on 6/27/2014Overall pleased with everything from the service to the food, couldn't ask for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeness From UnusualSoutherntouristVIPDined on 6/26/2014There are few experiences in dining I rate a 5. It has to be something extra mile special to get my attention. Nobles did that for me. From a properly created Old Fashioned cocktail to a very good wine selection their drink menu is superb. The food is created from ingredients you don't expect like the Mock Turtle Soup made from oxtail, kidney, heart, radish and scallops. Sounds weird but delicious. The short ribs were nothing short of awesome. Fork tender and accompanied by a mushroom based vegetable medley and sweet potato puree that fit perfect as a well worn glove. The server said they specialize in foods no one else would ordinarily think to use. This place makes awesomeness from the unusual! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First disappointing mealTryagainDined on 6/23/2014We dined at Noble's in Winston-Salem in celebration of our 15th anniversary as we have done every year for 15 years. The experience has always been exceptional. This year however the food was a huge disappointment. Becky ordered the filet mignon which was marbled with sinew to a point that even the steak-knife had trouble. I've never seen a tough filet. My tilefish was seasoned nicely but cooked completely dry. I brought this to the waitresses' attention but only for the chef's benefit (if he/she wanted it). Tilefish can overcook easily if you're not paying attention. Still a great restaurant which we greatly enjoy; just that we both experiences much less than their normal quality on this evening.Special Features:
- One of my FAVS's!bizownerandmomof3VIPDined on 6/7/2014One of my favorites! I love the tomato bisque and anything you order is just awesome. The Sweet Tart Martini keeps me coming back - it is amazing!! We come here alot whether with friends, as a couple or with our kids. Our kids (ages 9) love it too. Serivice is always the best! Thanks for great good, great service and love the martini's!Special Features:
- Fantastic cuisineCuisineSavantVIPDined on 6/7/2014A fantastic evening and truly fantastic food is the best way to describe Noble's Grille. From brilliant service, an exhaustive and well composed wine list, and finally the exquisite cuisine, it is truly a wonderful place in which to dine. Each of us sampled different fare, and found each salad, soup, and entree to be freshly prepared, beautifully presented, and delicious. If you're passing through Winston Salem and are desirous of a fine lunch or dinner, it is truly a wonderful place to stop. While it is a bit of a drive for us, should we find ourselves anywhere near Greensboro or Winston-Salem, we make it a point to dine at Noble's. Truly an outstanding restaurant and a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Casual Friday night dinnerLaurieDined on 6/6/2014We stopped in for a relaxed Friday night dinner - just burgers and an individual pizza. And some great drinks. It 's nice that this gourmet restaurant has casual menu options when you are in the mood for that kind of food. Our meals were delicious. The atmosphere of this restaurant is upscale, relaxing and beautiful. Service was perfect.Special Features:
- OutstandingSusiQDined on 5/31/2014I have NEVER had a bad dinner experience here after many years. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightMikeDined on 5/31/2014Noble's Grille for date night never fails. It's like the staff intuitively knows that the evening is special. Thanks for making our 17th anniversary wonderful.Special Features: