321 Jefferson Street
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.noblefare.com/
- Phone: 9124433210x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Sunday & Monday: closed
June 21 - September 20 2014
Tuesday - Saturday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Patrick McNamara
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Jenny 9124433210x
- Special Events: Wine & Beer Dinners
Educational Wine Tastings
A word from Noble Fare
Here we are in the Beautiful Historic District tucked away in a quiet little neighborhood with a black, white and fuschia interior and an intimate 38 seats bursting with Locally Inspired Cuisine, Modern Taste & Historic Charm. Chef/Owners Patrick and Jenny are Fulfilling Foody Fantasies and bringing back "Gastronomics" = The Art of Good Eating. Come dine with us and Chef's not shy say "Hi"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Noble Fare - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Noble Fare reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (57)romantic (54)fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (33)hot spot (2)good for groups (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Needs a practice review..rthatcherVIPDined on 9/13/2014In the steps of modern and classical restaurant service, there are things like the wine order and the commanded cooking temperature for meat that should not be forgotten. In our case, both were and to our amazement only when we made a point of sending for one and sending another back did anything happen. Served in a nouvelle cuisine style of stacking artistically arranged small portions, the food was better on the second go around, but it was smaller than it was the first time. When I return to Savannah, I may return to Noble Fare in the future to see if my impression of was misguided.Special Features:
- Excellent for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is a great spot for those of you who truly enjoy great food and are ready to pay for the quality you get. The waiters are very knowledgeable and can match wines perfectly with your food. Make sure you come in hungry and are ready for a great meal.Special Features:
- Don't miss this gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Quiet and romantic. Good for that special occasion. Excellent food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineSavannahDined on 9/6/2014Both food and service were outstanding. While the menu may appear to be a bit limited, all entrée offerings were excellent. Service was very good. Our courses weren't rushed and we enjoyed the dining experience very much.Special Features:
- Traditional Savannah RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014The restaurant is small and elegant, with an older clientele. The food was hit-and-miss. Two of the dishes we had were excellent, but one we had to send back as it was overcooked, and another was just mediocre. There are better places to eat in Savannah!Special Features:
- A GemLocountrySuzDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful food and ambiance. It's nice to find a restaurant where the noise doesn't echo all over the room. Each food selection was mouth watering and our server was very knowledgable. We'll be back.Special Features:
- foodiefindfoodiefindDined on 8/16/2014This was my second visit to Noble Fare. The entrees were fine, Grouper and Scallops. My friend started with the Tomato Bisque, delicious but too large as a starter. The House Rules salad was abysmal! Certainly not tasty... limp greens, dried cranberries and small pecans with a dollop of what seemed to be cream cheese on the side. Not creative. The breads desite our server extolling their virtue as being made 'in house' were nothing unusual and served with one round scoop of butter, ancho sauce and pesto sauce. Nice try but unappealing. Sherbert between courses was out of synch for casual attire of diners in what is supposed to be a fine restaurant. Seemed to be trying too hard. Don't know if we'll go back again.Special Features:
- RomaticBnietDined on 8/14/2014Delicious food in a romantic atmosphere with great service and all the food has a neat twist on itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- E xcellentDinning4Dined on 8/12/2014This was a true food and beverage gem I would recommend this to everyone and all who enjoy excellent cuisine and wonderful service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best anniversary meal everspecialeventdiningDined on 8/2/2014My husband had the filet mignon and said be didn't need a knife to cut it, that it melted liked butter and was cooked perfectly. I had the delicious tomato bisque as a starter and the fresh catch (salmon) as my main, which was light and fresh, probably the best salmon I've ever had in my life. Had the chocolate love cake for dessert. My husband said he would only eat a bite or two but it was so good he had half of it. Chocolatey, with fresh fruits and raspberry sauce. Wish I could eat it again. At the start of the meal we were brought a complimentary champagne toast which was a wonderful gesture for our anniversary. Staff was friendly and attentive all evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Wow, this place was awesome! This was our best meal by far in Savannah. We were there 4 nights and ate at some of the highly recommended restaurants. Food was just incredible. Atmosphere was neat.Special Features:
- Best in savannahSavannahSueDined on 7/30/2014Excellent! Salads were so decadent with many flavors. I loved the house salad and tried my husband's grilled salad just to taste the superb little nuggets of deliciousness! I had the scallops which I enjoyed served over a bed of corn succotash! My husband had the strip steak which he said it was the best he ever had! Of course, we shared dessert which was crime brûlée which is always a favorite. If you haven't been to noble fare you definitely need to! As I always say, the best restaurant in savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is outstandingSavannahianDined on 7/25/2014The food at Noble Fare is wonderful and some of the best in Savannah. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014What a lovely gem! We arrived early...before the restaurant actually opened and we were invited to go up to the bar, which was a delightfully quaint room complete with a most hospitable bar tender. When taken to our table we enjoyed attentive service without being overwhelming. Our food was delicious with exquite presentations. We will return to Noble Fare for sure!Special Features:
- Fun celebrationlunchfoodieDined on 7/19/2014What a romantic place for an anniversary! Scallops for me, steak for my husband - both scallops and the filet were cooked to perfection. We look forward to returning for the chef's tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placedebbDined on 7/1/2014We dined here recently and had a great experience. We had the chefs menu, prix fixe. It was seven courses of on and off menu dishes. Each was nicely prepared and creative. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. The dining room is elegant and stately -a very pleasant dinner overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of our lives!GillispiestakesavannahDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I were visiting savannah for our wedding anniversary, and Noble Fare did not disappoint. From the complimentary champagne toast to celebrate, to the perfectly designed and flavored meals, to ambience and service, we give this restaurant a perfect 10!!!! We will be recommending this beautiful place to any and everyone we know. Absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous!sherryrobsDined on 6/27/2014I got the scallops and my husband got the Duck Duck Duck not Goose and we shared. They were both outstanding, with delicious taste and varied textures. I can't remember a better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014We had dined at Noble Fare about four years ago and remembered it fondly. It was still as good as we remembered. The interior decor is impressive and romantic. My steak was beautifully charred and seasoned and cooked to perfection and we both loved the grouper my husband ordered. We will definitely look them up again when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/19/2014outstanding service and food . chef pat and jen never disappoint. looking forward to going back. grilled salad amazing , filets were perfect can't say enough . highly recommend to anyone who wants the complete package.
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014The entire experience from start to finish is the best I've had dining at any restaurant so far. Food is absolutely amazing!!Special Features:
- Great SpotButchDined on 6/10/2014My wife and I recently celebrated her birthday with a great dinner at Noble Fare. The food was delightful and our server, Stephanie, was very attentive to all our needs as she always has been every time we've eaten there. We couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. Highly recommend a visit to Noble Fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our love affair with NF continuesDCLocalVIPDined on 6/7/2014We became fans when we lived in Savannah and we never miss an opportunity to dine here when we return to our place in the historic district. Noble Fare never disappoints. Patrick is outstanding in the kitchen and his wife Jen is the perfect "master" of the house. Creative menu well executed. Fun, interesting wine list. This is one of those places that the locals hope the tourists never learn about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply perfectssnycDined on 6/6/2014The meal was simply perfect, although it was not a simple meal. We ordered the 7 course tasting menu on a whim and we were impressed with every bite. Don't miss the scallops, the duck, or well, anything they bring to the table. In addition, they were easily able to accommodate our food allergies and still make everyone at the table very happy. Great menu, great chefs. It's a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary mealAwShucksDined on 6/4/2014Although I've lived in Savannah for years, this was my first visit to Noble Fare. My husband and I ate here for our anniversary and enjoyed every minute. I had the ahi tuna tartar appetizer, my husband had the grilled romaine salad. His salad was quite generous in size, with delicious serrano ham and cheese. He then had the filet while I opted for the "duck-duck-duck-no goose" entree. Both were delicious. Some reviewers have complained about portion size and leaving hungry. I was so full I couldn't finish my entree. But of course that didn't stop us from enjoying the chocolate love cake at the end. The service was attentive without being intrusive. Good wine recommendations from a diverse list of choices. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fabulous foodonthecoastDined on 5/31/2014Dinner at Noble Fare was an experience. Cooking is a hobby of mine, and I usually am not blown away with eating at a restaurant. Not to say that I don't enjoy the food, just that I set the bar high to be impressed. However, Noble Fare served some of the best food I have ever eaten. Lobster mashed potatoes, perfectly prepared medium-rare steak, pan-seared Halibut crusted perfectly and tender in the inside, lime sorbet palate cleanser that worked for it's intended purpose, but also reminded me of fresh-squeezed key limes, and an oozing chocolate cake and creamy custard creme brûlée for dessert. Foodie heaven....Special Features:
- Always a WinnerGrendelDined on 5/31/2014This is a special restaurant with New York prices, so unfortunately we can only afford to go on special occasions. That said, it has never disappointed. The food always meets expectations and the wait staff are excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing!Pilateslady38Dined on 5/29/2014We actually tried to get into Pink House and we are so happy we didn't. Noble Fare was hands down one of the most exquisite meals I've ever had. It's off the beaten path a bit but such a special place. I had the coffee chocolate rubbed pork tenderloin and my boyfriend had the lamb shank. The server was very knowledgeable , there are not enough adjectives to rave about the food.Special Features:
- Our Best Dinner Yet in SavannahSavannahDined on 5/29/2014We just moved to Savannah from NYC and have been working our way through the local restaurants. Our first trip to Noble Fare was fantastic. We decided to splurge on the chef's 7 course wine and food tasting. Absolutely delicious. Our only complaint was that there was too much of everything, wine included. Fois gras - outstanding. Tuna tartare delicious. The cocoa rubbed pork terrific. Grouper to die for. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive but not too attentive. We liked that the tables were far enough apart that you could talk -- great music in the background & despite high ceilings, the noise level is low. I can't say I love the gothic interior -- but that won't prevent me from coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elaborate but not too pretentiousLangweiligDined on 5/27/2014Prices seemed high, particularly for wine, but after we'd dined they didn't seem so bad. Our appetizers and main meals were terrific. Notable meal service, starting with complimentary 'amuse bouche' (tiny crackers topped with Räucherlachs) and punctuated with a small glass of lemony aperitif (also complimentary) immediately before the main meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!yummyDined on 5/24/2014The drinks were delicious. The food was delicious. The service was phenomenal. All the small personal touches throughout the meal were appreciated and wonderful! We booked this on a whim because it had good reviews...will definitely go back next time we're in town! Will recommend to everyone I know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!JimLDined on 5/23/2014We were referred to this restaurant by a waiter at another restaurant where we had lunch. We had a wonderful experience during this, our first visit, to Nobel Fare. The service was very good, the food was sensational. One of the owners came to our table several times to talk, which always enhances a restaurant experience.Special Features:
- FantasticFoodie77Dined on 5/22/2014Excellent restaurant with great service. This place is truly exceptional. My wife and I do all of our special occasions and celebrations here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 nights of fine dining in SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/22/2014While vacationing in Savannah, we enjoyed five wonderful dinners at some of the city's best restaurants - Elizabeth was the clear winner - complex flavor profiles, beautiful presentations, strong wine list, elegant surroundings, professional service (perhaps a bit rushed). Noble Fare was also excellent - intimate decor, pleasant service, but minor preparation issues (pork was dry) and very large portion sizes place it a notch behind. Alligator Soul and Local 11ten made fine showings as well. Least pleasing was The Old Pink House - while the food was good and the service professional, this is a restaurant aimed at tourist - large scale food production, stereotypical preparations, and even a roving singer seeking tips.Special Features:
- JackDined on 5/22/2014I wanted to go to this restaurant the next time I went to savannah. It was a One nite stopover to Florida. I am so glad I did The food was outstanding especially the dessert, the chocolate Love cake !!!!! Highly recommend this place. Service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 232 reviews are from the Noble Fare reviews archive.
- An unexpected gem!GreymanDined on 5/17/2014Just slightly off the main historic Savannah district grid, we followed other reviewers' recommendations and were so well rewarded. Service, thanks John, was excellent. Food, wild mushroom soup (not just any mushroom soup, this was supremely tasty) and duck,duck,duck, no goose were done to perfection, and to order. Had a wonderful time at the upstairs lounge before dining, and throughout, waitstaff were friendly and thoughtful. What a great date night. Couldn't ask for better food, a better time or a better atmosphere (unique decor). They were kind enough to send for a bike-cab to take us back to the hotel. Loved this place - our best experience in Savannah.Special Features:
- Absolutely outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014My sister and I each worked in the restaurant industry for years - we grew up in Manhattan and have both traveled in Europe. We took our mom here for dinner during her 70th birthday weekend - it was excellent! We are detail oriented and this restaurant did not miss a beat. ALL of the food was amazing - 2 appetizers, 3 entrees and dessert. We got a wine recommendation from our waitress which hit the mark perfectly. I cannot rave enough about this establishment. My sister, mom and I all noted our dinner at Noble Fare as one of the highlights of a fun filled weekend. Cudos to the husband/wife team who own it. They have done it right.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Absolutely wonderful cuisine!! One of the top 5 quality food experiences I have had. The restaurant itself was very charming, and the ladies serving as waitresses worked as a team, and we never wanted for a thing.Special Features:
- Alone, again... GOODAlabamenseDined on 5/14/2014We were the only ones in the dining room at 6:30. Too bad for people not there. Noble has that locally-sourced menu that is so popular these days, and their sources did them proud. From a rich, deeply flavored cream mushroom soup, and a well prepared grilled romaine salad to a perfectly executed braised lamb shank and exactly as requested just underdone grilled scallops, the food was expertly prepared and served. Being the only guests in the dining room can have two negatives regarding service: either you are ignored to the point of invisibility, or you are hovered over to the point of suffocation. Neither was the case with our delightful server, who let us be when not needed, but was there whenever there was a question or a request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food!BigJohnDined on 5/9/2014Had eaten there some years ago and was not impressed. However, the meal my wife and I recently enjoyed was probably the best that we have had in Savannah. Would highly recommend it for any special occasion.Special Features: