321 Jefferson Street
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.noblefare.com/
- Phone: 9124433210x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday & Monday: closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Patrick McNamara
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Hendrick 9124433210x
- Special Events: Wine & Beer Dinners
Educational Wine Tastings
A word from Noble Fare
Here we are in the Beautiful Historic District tucked away in a quiet little neighborhood with a black, white and fuschia interior and an intimate 38 seats bursting with Locally Inspired Cuisine, Modern Taste & Historic Charm. Chef/Owners Patrick and Jenny are Fulfilling Foody Fantasies and bringing back "Gastronomics" = The Art of Good Eating. Come dine with us and Chef's not shy say "Hi"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Noble Fare - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Noble Fare reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (40)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (24)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Perfectly romanticlilyandivysmomDined on 10/25/2014We celebrated our 25th wedding Anniversary at this beautiful romantic gem! We loved the quiet ambience with soft music. We were able to enjoy our conversation with each other rather then compete with a loud crowd noise level. The food was absolutely delicious and would highly recommend!!Special Features:
- One of Savannah's Top RestaurantsChrisDined on 10/18/2014The location is a little off the beaten track (not a bad thing), it's a small place (about 38-39 guests can be accommodated at a time), the decor is, in my opinion, very pleasing, giving off a "Gilded Age" vibe, the service is quite attentive, and the food is superior! We've dined in most of Savannah's top restaurants, and this is definitely in the top five, maybe even top 2 or 3. We recommend it highly.Special Features:
- ExcellentcrosswaveVIPDined on 10/18/2014Best in Savannah. No contest. All other places "ranked" have benefitted by bought commercial PR hype or dumb experts with phones claimed expertise. This restaurant us the real deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misspicky2014Dined on 10/18/2014Very small menu. Nice personal touches/freebies to try, which made the place feel more special. It's so quiet in there, which means you can hear all of the waitresses same the exact same thing to all of the customers; not very personal. Food was standard/good, nothing spectacular/over the top yummy about it. I suspected that going in, and really just wanted to see the decor, which was definitely a highlight. Thumbs down that the bar upstairs wasn't open after dinner (and @730 on a Saturday night). Even when they knew we were up there with the intention to drink, they never sent someone as they said they were going to. We left after about 30mins of waiting.Special Features:
- johnDined on 10/17/2014attention to service details needed food was outstanding but served with an unwelcome chill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!SnowbirdVIPDined on 10/17/2014Our first night in Savannah! What a treat. We were tired and hungry after a long travel day. The setting is beautiful - a lovely intimate dining room! The staff was wonderful - gracious and accommodating. The menu, while not huge, has ample choices to please everyone's palate. All items are prepared to order by the chef, so even though the dish I wanted contained shellfish sauce (I'm allergic to shellfish), the chef found a way to prepare it using other ingredients and it was PERFECT! My friend had scallops and raved about them. The service was smooth but not rushed! A real gem of a placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnersjr13Dined on 10/15/2014We were in from the Boston area and this place came recommended. My husband had the filet, which was good but the mashed potatoes it came with were excellent! I had the scallops. There were 4 or 5 scallops in the dish and one was cooked just right and the others were just slightly over done (although not offensively so), but the other favors in the dish were very tasty. The waitress recommended the cheesecake for dessert and it was the star of the meal. All in all a very relaxed dinner, in a lovely restaurant. I felt comfortable dressed in a nice top with white jeans for a mid-week dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poolgalOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/14/2014This was a wonderful restaurant. We ordered the cheese plate; wedge salad; tuna tartar; swordfish. All were fantastic! The wine list was expansive. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EileenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014This little restaurant is a real "find"! We love the small, intimate atmosphere and the food is superb!! Thank you to the chef and the staff for a great meal!Special Features:
- Great PlaceButchDined on 10/11/2014Wife and I had dinner Saturday night and the food, service and overall dining experience was as wonderful as it always has been every time we go. If you haven't been yet then you need to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noble Fares wellTinkerbelleDined on 10/4/2014A small, well-decorated dining space (sans bar) of about 15 tables tucked away in the southeastern corner of Savannah's Historic District, Noble Fare is a welcome change from the many tourist-focused eateries in this Victorian city. A knowledgeable and engaging wait staff enhances the experience and manages the timing of courses well. The kitchen turns out some imaginative and well-prepared dishes, and with lots of attention to detail you won't be disappointed. What keeps the restaurant from earning 5 stars is the limitations of its menu, which tends to be red meat-centric in a fish eating town. Non-carnivores will be challenged to find something of interest; otherwise Noble Fare is a treat not to be missed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/2/2014The servers are very well informed. They're also very professional yet down to earth. I felt like everyone I spoke with talked about the restaurant as if it were theirs. A sign of a good restaurant is if the employees care about it as if it were their own.Special Features:
- Anniversary diningSouthpawDined on 9/27/2014I chose Noble Fare to celebrate our 32nd anniversary from a co-worker's recommendation. We were very pleased with the food and service. My lamb shank was tender and tasty. My wife ordered the filet and said it was the best she's ever tasted. Delightful dining.Special Features:
- Unbelieveable!ekarl2Dined on 9/27/2014The food is amazing. The service impeccable. The decor is awesome. DO NOT miss going to this gem!Special Features:
- Needs a practice review..rthatcherVIPDined on 9/13/2014In the steps of modern and classical restaurant service, there are things like the wine order and the commanded cooking temperature for meat that should not be forgotten. In our case, both were and to our amazement only when we made a point of sending for one and sending another back did anything happen. Served in a nouvelle cuisine style of stacking artistically arranged small portions, the food was better on the second go around, but it was smaller than it was the first time. When I return to Savannah, I may return to Noble Fare in the future to see if my impression of was misguided.Special Features:
- Excellent for FoodiessarahshungryDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is a great spot for those of you who truly enjoy great food and are ready to pay for the quality you get. The waiters are very knowledgeable and can match wines perfectly with your food. Make sure you come in hungry and are ready for a great meal.Special Features:
- Don't miss this gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Quiet and romantic. Good for that special occasion. Excellent food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineSavannahDined on 9/6/2014Both food and service were outstanding. While the menu may appear to be a bit limited, all entrée offerings were excellent. Service was very good. Our courses weren't rushed and we enjoyed the dining experience very much.Special Features:
- Traditional Savannah RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014The restaurant is small and elegant, with an older clientele. The food was hit-and-miss. Two of the dishes we had were excellent, but one we had to send back as it was overcooked, and another was just mediocre. There are better places to eat in Savannah!Special Features:
- A GemLocountrySuzDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful food and ambiance. It's nice to find a restaurant where the noise doesn't echo all over the room. Each food selection was mouth watering and our server was very knowledgable. We'll be back.Special Features:
- foodiefindfoodiefindDined on 8/16/2014This was my second visit to Noble Fare. The entrees were fine, Grouper and Scallops. My friend started with the Tomato Bisque, delicious but too large as a starter. The House Rules salad was abysmal! Certainly not tasty... limp greens, dried cranberries and small pecans with a dollop of what seemed to be cream cheese on the side. Not creative. The breads desite our server extolling their virtue as being made 'in house' were nothing unusual and served with one round scoop of butter, ancho sauce and pesto sauce. Nice try but unappealing. Sherbert between courses was out of synch for casual attire of diners in what is supposed to be a fine restaurant. Seemed to be trying too hard. Don't know if we'll go back again.Special Features:
- RomaticBnietDined on 8/14/2014Delicious food in a romantic atmosphere with great service and all the food has a neat twist on itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- E xcellentDinning4Dined on 8/12/2014This was a true food and beverage gem I would recommend this to everyone and all who enjoy excellent cuisine and wonderful service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best anniversary meal everspecialeventdiningDined on 8/2/2014My husband had the filet mignon and said be didn't need a knife to cut it, that it melted liked butter and was cooked perfectly. I had the delicious tomato bisque as a starter and the fresh catch (salmon) as my main, which was light and fresh, probably the best salmon I've ever had in my life. Had the chocolate love cake for dessert. My husband said he would only eat a bite or two but it was so good he had half of it. Chocolatey, with fresh fruits and raspberry sauce. Wish I could eat it again. At the start of the meal we were brought a complimentary champagne toast which was a wonderful gesture for our anniversary. Staff was friendly and attentive all evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Wow, this place was awesome! This was our best meal by far in Savannah. We were there 4 nights and ate at some of the highly recommended restaurants. Food was just incredible. Atmosphere was neat.Special Features:
- Best in savannahSavannahSueDined on 7/30/2014Excellent! Salads were so decadent with many flavors. I loved the house salad and tried my husband's grilled salad just to taste the superb little nuggets of deliciousness! I had the scallops which I enjoyed served over a bed of corn succotash! My husband had the strip steak which he said it was the best he ever had! Of course, we shared dessert which was crime brûlée which is always a favorite. If you haven't been to noble fare you definitely need to! As I always say, the best restaurant in savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is outstandingSavannahianDined on 7/25/2014The food at Noble Fare is wonderful and some of the best in Savannah. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014What a lovely gem! We arrived early...before the restaurant actually opened and we were invited to go up to the bar, which was a delightfully quaint room complete with a most hospitable bar tender. When taken to our table we enjoyed attentive service without being overwhelming. Our food was delicious with exquite presentations. We will return to Noble Fare for sure!Special Features:
- Fun celebrationlunchfoodieDined on 7/19/2014What a romantic place for an anniversary! Scallops for me, steak for my husband - both scallops and the filet were cooked to perfection. We look forward to returning for the chef's tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 252 reviews are from the Noble Fare reviews archive.
- Great placedebbDined on 7/1/2014We dined here recently and had a great experience. We had the chefs menu, prix fixe. It was seven courses of on and off menu dishes. Each was nicely prepared and creative. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. The dining room is elegant and stately -a very pleasant dinner overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of our lives!GillispiestakesavannahDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I were visiting savannah for our wedding anniversary, and Noble Fare did not disappoint. From the complimentary champagne toast to celebrate, to the perfectly designed and flavored meals, to ambience and service, we give this restaurant a perfect 10!!!! We will be recommending this beautiful place to any and everyone we know. Absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous!sherryrobsDined on 6/27/2014I got the scallops and my husband got the Duck Duck Duck not Goose and we shared. They were both outstanding, with delicious taste and varied textures. I can't remember a better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014We had dined at Noble Fare about four years ago and remembered it fondly. It was still as good as we remembered. The interior decor is impressive and romantic. My steak was beautifully charred and seasoned and cooked to perfection and we both loved the grouper my husband ordered. We will definitely look them up again when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/19/2014outstanding service and food . chef pat and jen never disappoint. looking forward to going back. grilled salad amazing , filets were perfect can't say enough . highly recommend to anyone who wants the complete package.
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014The entire experience from start to finish is the best I've had dining at any restaurant so far. Food is absolutely amazing!!Special Features:
- Great SpotButchDined on 6/10/2014My wife and I recently celebrated her birthday with a great dinner at Noble Fare. The food was delightful and our server, Stephanie, was very attentive to all our needs as she always has been every time we've eaten there. We couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. Highly recommend a visit to Noble Fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our love affair with NF continuesDCLocalVIPDined on 6/7/2014We became fans when we lived in Savannah and we never miss an opportunity to dine here when we return to our place in the historic district. Noble Fare never disappoints. Patrick is outstanding in the kitchen and his wife Jen is the perfect "master" of the house. Creative menu well executed. Fun, interesting wine list. This is one of those places that the locals hope the tourists never learn about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply perfectssnycVIPDined on 6/6/2014The meal was simply perfect, although it was not a simple meal. We ordered the 7 course tasting menu on a whim and we were impressed with every bite. Don't miss the scallops, the duck, or well, anything they bring to the table. In addition, they were easily able to accommodate our food allergies and still make everyone at the table very happy. Great menu, great chefs. It's a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary mealAwShucksDined on 6/4/2014Although I've lived in Savannah for years, this was my first visit to Noble Fare. My husband and I ate here for our anniversary and enjoyed every minute. I had the ahi tuna tartar appetizer, my husband had the grilled romaine salad. His salad was quite generous in size, with delicious serrano ham and cheese. He then had the filet while I opted for the "duck-duck-duck-no goose" entree. Both were delicious. Some reviewers have complained about portion size and leaving hungry. I was so full I couldn't finish my entree. But of course that didn't stop us from enjoying the chocolate love cake at the end. The service was attentive without being intrusive. Good wine recommendations from a diverse list of choices. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fabulous foodonthecoastDined on 5/31/2014Dinner at Noble Fare was an experience. Cooking is a hobby of mine, and I usually am not blown away with eating at a restaurant. Not to say that I don't enjoy the food, just that I set the bar high to be impressed. However, Noble Fare served some of the best food I have ever eaten. Lobster mashed potatoes, perfectly prepared medium-rare steak, pan-seared Halibut crusted perfectly and tender in the inside, lime sorbet palate cleanser that worked for it's intended purpose, but also reminded me of fresh-squeezed key limes, and an oozing chocolate cake and creamy custard creme brûlée for dessert. Foodie heaven....Special Features: