24 N. Lansdowne Ave.
Lansdowne, PA 19050Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://noblbyob.com/
- Phone: 4844612689
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday thru Saturday, 6-10pm, Sunday, 6-9pm
- Payment Options: Cash Only
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sam Jacobson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: NoBL is happy to provide food for your off-site event. Please inquire by calling.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private back room that can seat up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ellie Lyons 4844612689
A word from NoBL
NoBL is a casual restaurant serving comfort food with a Mediterranean tilt. We also feature a great Sangria mixer (provided you bring your own wine to mix in)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NoBL reviews from OpenTable diners
- NoBL is still kickin' itRickBDined on 4/19/2013Brought some friends to NoBL this past weekend. It was my first visit since they had revamped the menu. Decor is the same as before while menu has moved away from the multiple small plates approach. Still quite delicious and my friends raved about the food. Only negative was being seated to close to the jazz combo. They were great but our proximity made conversation next to impossible.Special Features:
- Food was excellent , howeverjerryDined on 4/13/2013Food was excellent , however there are hugh service issues that need to be correctedSpecial Features:
- This is such great placelekkerDined on 4/10/2013This is such great place for a cozy good meal in the neighborhood. Lansdowne has improved since this little gem has opened, The menu is very interesting and I can always find a lovely fresh fish dish.Special Features:
- NoBL is a quaint little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2013NoBL is a quaint little place that could probably attract more business with a colorful awning or signage because we passed right by the place and had to go into Sycamore to find out where it was.The trout and spinach salad were excellent. We found the kale a bit salty and the cheese on the polenta a little too strong for my taste, otherwise very good.The appetizers were quite expensive, more than the entrees; maybe they were meant to feed a table?? We didn't order any, so really don't know.Special Features:
- Great food and the wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2013Great food and the wait staff very polite. We really like the atmosphere here. This was our second trip and we will be back.Special Features:
- It was an absolutely fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2013It was an absolutely fabulous dining experience. Love how the old hardware store was redone.Special Features:
- A Reasonable Sunday Evening RespiteLansdinerVIPDined on 3/24/2013We again had an excellent meal especially when one considers value to quality. While not haute cuisine, and as designed, simpler food than its sister, Sycamore, down the street, it is an excellent meal for the cost. Started with their complemenatry plate of of nuts and dried fruits, and we had (as we usually do)the mezze plate. A very complimentary choice of bites- I particularly liked the dandelion salad with tahini dressing, the crostini, and the serrano ham. My wife had the baked haddock on sweet potato puree, and very much liked it. I had the lamb burger which I should have ordered medium in hindsight as opposed to medium rare (too juicy for the bun), and it was quite good. We finished with the beignets. Dinner with tip- $60!Special Features:
- aim for the stars so if you miss...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013The food was good, and served at a standard and price point that is hard to complain about. The sevice was not good. Salads came out without main ingredients, nothing came out for over a half an hour, starters sat under the heat lamps with out being served... it was disorganized. Yet the atmosphere and the BYO policy made the wait not a big deal, and as I said, the food was great for the price. Go in with realistic expectations for the location and you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:
- The decor is very well done.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013The decor is very well done. Our server was great. The food ehh...very small portions and everything we got tasted just ok. We will go back and give it another try:)Special Features:
- Loved the inside of the restaurant,DebbieDined on 3/9/2013Loved the inside of the restaurant, the ambiance and the atmosphere. Unfortunately the food was not as good :(. Really wanted to love this local convenient restaurant but the selection of main courses was very limited. The appetizer was much better then the main course but wouldn't go back for just that.
- Best burgers!!! Go ThursdayPhillyPhoodieVIPDined on 3/7/2013Best burgers!!! Go Thursday night for Burger Bar. Amazing burger, amazing roll, lots of add-ons.Special Features:
- This was our third time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/2/2013This was our third time eating at NoBL - have gone back due to loving the food and atmosphere. That changed Saturday night. We arrived for our 7:15 reservation and were seated immediately, and ordered pretty quickly too, then waited an hour for our salad and another 40-50 min for our entrees. Apparently the large party of 18 or 20 people in the back room threw everything off. They were out of the dish I wanted on the already small menu, and the kitchen seemed not able to keep up with the orders. Server tried to make things right but could not overcome delays. NoBL - if you are having a private event you should close the rest of the restaurant. Seems that you can't do both, and you have turned us off. Big disappointment.
- I am not good at describingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2013I am not good at describing food but I will say the dinner here was excellent and the prices pretty reasonable. The food was a little slow in coming but the servers were very personable and knowledgeable. It appears the night we were there an unexpected large party was being accommodated and that is probably why the service slowed up.Special Features:
- Especially liked the largeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Especially liked the large table in the enclosed area and the friendly reception by the staff. Price really reasonable and the portions were just right. The nibble tray was a great idea. The menu options were really attractive and makes you want to go back. The 25 cent/hr parking almost next door makes it easy to think about going back.Special Features:
- food was so good and a byobMareDined on 2/23/2013food was so good and a byob you can not bet that, loved the sangria mix, a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013I've been a long time resident of Lansdowne and am definitely not your Olive Garden kind of girl. Saw this place while driving by and it definitely looked inviting enough to give a shot. Ambience is great although or table squeaked something terrible which drove me crazy. Waiter was very informative and friendly When the food came I chuckled at the small portions for the prices but we both took home leftovers because it was quite rich. I had the vegetable polenta which was music to my mouth and the hubby got coffee glazed duck meatballs. I do not like duck but definitely enjoyed my test of these! It wont be a regular place but we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Based entirely on food itOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/16/2013Based entirely on food it was very good, perhaps even excellent. However the service was sub par. It was as if it was the first night they opened. Only 3 tables when we were there and they seemed unprepared and confused....
- It was my third time there.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013It was my third time there. Even though there were not alot of patrons in the restaurant the night that my companion and I had dinner there, the service was quite slow. What usually was a leisurely 45 minute to one hour dinner turned into a dinner that went over an hour and a half. Luckily we didn't have to been anywhere else, but if we did......Special Features:
- The waitress and cook wentlekkerDined on 2/9/2013The waitress and cook went out of their way to give me extra veggies. We love this neighborhood gem for a regular lovely dinner out!Special Features:
- Really good experienceKathyDined on 2/9/2013NoBL is the more casual sister of Sycamore. The restaurant is BYO (Lansdowne is a dry town). We went for an early Saturday dinner with 5 people, 3 of whom had lambburgers and appeared to find them delicious based on the fact that there wasn't a crumb left on the plates. Our other friend had a vegetarian polenta which I tried and found delicious. I had the skate, which I never had before. I highly recommend if you're a fish lover. Excellent slightly blackened preparation on a bed of shredded brussels sprouts. Skate has a mild taste and meaty texture. Thanks NoBL for a great experience. What the service lacked in efficiency was made up for in enthusiasm.Special Features:
- Fantastic FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013NoBl, just like her sister restaurant, Sycamore, is fantastic. The food is delicious (duck meatballs and funghi pizza are out of this world) and the atmosphere is eclectic. The prices were also incredibly reasonable for the quality.Special Features:
- The burgers were delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013The burgers were delicious! it was a fun , casual dining experience. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Service still an issuechrispyVIPDined on 1/24/2013First time back since NoBL reopened several months ago. Now instead of tapas its a regular, although very limited, menu. We were there for the burger night, either beef or lamb with a choice of 5 topings, all unusual but our selections were very good. There were about 5 other entres on the menu so don't expect a lot of choices. Back when it was a tapas place we did have problems with the service, but chaulked it up to the difficulties in serving many multiple courses. However, now with a simple, regular menu the service is still not good. Seemed to be enough servers but they were extremely disorganized. Don't know what their problem is but if we are to become regulars they need to improve the service quickly.Special Features:
- Fun and delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013The food was wonderful, and creative and delicious. We had a great table right next to the kitchen and watched the chef prepare plate after plate. We four all agreed we would be coming back soon.Special Features:
- Other than not knowing theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/19/2013Other than not knowing the menu as well as would have been helpful, the server was attentive and good. Though as mallish menu, I appreciate that everything we got was delish. The fish was outstanding. I would also like to see more side dishes - maybe a few more vegetables offered. I will def be going back to NoBL.Special Features:
- Location environmentCbeitzDined on 1/18/2013I was glad to find another option for local dining that is BYOB. park next door in the municipal lot, don't forget to pay! Walk a short half block to the restaurant. BE WARNED, as it is not posted, cash only! There are several options for ATMs within walking distance. For a Friday night the place was fairly empty. There is an open kitchen concept so if you like sitting and watching the chef, request one of two 4seat high tops. Have a larger group? Request the quasi private room, created by vintage windows, with thick block tables & benches. I was a bit put off with the storage of restaurant sundries upon walking in. There is a piano at the front door, but no one playing on the night I was there.Special Features:
- Great food. Hipster decor.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013Great food. Hipster decor. Def will return and recommend.Special Features:
- Welcome back NOBL !Amethyst3Dined on 1/13/2013This was my first time since NOBL re-opened. I was very impressed. It was nice to see some familiar dishes but fun to try some new ones. The caesar salad with huge, tender shrimp was delicious! I had the gnocci which was very good, cooked with cumin which I wasn't expecting but it was a different twist. Our waitress, Courtney (hope that's right) was amazing and attentive and recommended the donuts for dessert - do not leave the restaurant unless you tried them - so scrumptious!Special Features:
- Dinner w/the extended family.lovegoodfoodVIPDined on 1/12/2013Dinner w/the extended family. Some dishes -- mezze app; spaghetti bolognese; carni pizza; pork rib; outstanding BANANA beignets!! -- were excellent. Others, like fungi pizza, were disappointing. In all, 3 generations from teens to grandparents were happy. Sat at a big booth. Also notice the big (up to 16) table in the back -- would be a fun place for a group/party. Esp. w/the Sangria mixer to add to the BYO wine. CASH ONLY remember.Special Features:
- They found a perfect nightlekkerDined on 1/10/2013They found a perfect night out comfort food formula in this wonderful former hardware store space. We will be going here often!Special Features:
- dr wattsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013food is very good. The noise level was a little high, tables are to close togeather.
- Bit disappointed in the NoBlEarlgreyVIPDined on 12/20/2012Bit disappointed in the NoBl reboot. Still the same service issues even with the new menu. My daughters food was pipping and mine lukewarm. The time between sitting ordering and courses in a restaurant with only four other diners was much too long. Also. If you've recently switched to CASH ONLY, informing diners at the start of the meal, not as they are handing you the check and you are pulling your credit card out of your otherwise empty wallet would be a good idea. Again: yummy food, subpar service. Not sure if I can give then another chance.Special Features:
- A really enjoyable dinneranthronoraDined on 12/15/2012A really enjoyable dinner out. Service is friendly and good, the fellow diners were happy and friendly, the environment is completely not stand-off-ish, the food was very good (we had the mezzo appetizer, lamb burger and pizza). The food isn't as amazing as Sycamore, but it's not supposed to be - this is the casual, more comfort food sister. Prices are amazingly good. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- This was NoBL's first nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/15/2012This was NoBL's first night back after a hiatus. Food was very good, but probably should be labelled as "small plates" rather than entrees (no sides). Loved the mezze,and the fish was perfectly prepared; risotto was a bit salty. Service was not as smooth as it could have been(eg: server asked us-after clearing bread plates & dipping oil-if we wanted "more bread or something"). Entrees took a LONG time coming out of the kitchen; appreciated the comps to make up for the delay. Liked the sangria mixer. Hoping that things are smoother after a few weeks back in business.Special Features:
- Welcome back- its terrific!LansdinerVIPDined on 12/15/2012The newly revamped NOBL got it spot on. Simpler fare and very reasonable prices, maintaining a strong Mediterranean tone. No longer small plates, the menu is diverse enough but with something for everyone (my wife is a pescatarian and I an omnivore). Portions are large and where very well done. While not haute cuisine the dishes were excellent for what they were- peasant food. Do try the mezze plate- a real bargain and a great way to have lots of little tastes. Well done- we will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Portions very small for theMolliereDined on 12/15/2012Portions very small for the price (salads) . Servers should be a bit more attentive and kitchen an bit faster but overall a good experience. Everyone friendly and the food very good. I will go back.
- Fun time and great BYOBs.joepaDined on 12/14/2012Fun time and great BYOBs. VERY Glad they are open againSpecial Features:
- After having benn there beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2012After having benn there before they closed and again after they re-opened, I have to say that everything from the moment you walk in the door to the time that you leave was pleasant and just plain old good.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening with lovelylekkerDined on 11/16/2012Wonderful evening with lovely menu choices ending with great jazz at desert. Do it again!Special Features:
- The prix fixe Thursday nightMsBoyerVIPDined on 11/8/2012The prix fixe Thursday night dinner is a great deal.Special Features: