Nob Hill Bar & Grill
3128 Centaral Ave SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Nob Hill Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.upscalejoint.com/
- Phone: 5052664455x
- Hours of Operation:
Tues - Thurs: 11:00 am-10:00 pm
Fri - Sat: 11:00 am-11:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Sam Etheridge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Bryn Mawr
- Public Transit: Our restaurant is located on Central Avenue, in the heart of the Nob Hill Business District, where there are several bus stops nearby.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking, both on Central and Bryn Mawr, as well as a parking lot in back of the restaurant.
A word from Nob Hill Bar & Grill
Nob Hill Bar & Grills' cuisine is an upscale take on classic American food as well as bar food favorites in a fun, casual setting. We also feature a variety of beer, bio-friendly wines, and unique drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Nob Hill Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Nob Hill Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Good Food; Irritating musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014The restaurant ambience is nice-- nice design and comfortable seating, but the soundtrack that re-looped in the hour and a half that we were there was way too heavy on the base and unpleasant to the eating experience. The food was good, but I just wanted to leave because the music was so irritating. Not the feeling you want to have for an enjoyable, relaxing meal. I would say that the music was geared toward the younger demographic at the restaurant, except that as I looked around, most of the patrons were middle aged. Restaurant managers need to remember music is for the patrons, not the management.Special Features:
- DisappointedfoodiemvVIPDined on 9/20/2014Third visit to this restaurant and not only disappointed in the food but in the reaction of the staff when I noted my disappointment.Special Features:
- Good food & enjoyedgr8valuDined on 7/31/2014We hadn't been here in awhile, but will get back sooner. The food was good, good local beer selection. Only con: it wasn't busy yet and the waiter wasn't attentive to refill drinks, but compliments to the young helper.Special Features:
- Another great visit...pipesmokeVIPDined on 6/27/2014The waitress and the food were awesome. The specialty drinks were okay. This is due to the peach drink. Very acidic and not tasty.
- Very good as expectedGeriDined on 6/20/2014A friendly neighborhood restaurant for those of us lucky enough to be within walking distance. Great happy hour drinks made to suit, nachos appetizer with kobe beef was very good for two hungry people to share before dinner. Main courses were very good, as usual. I do wish they would switch out the menu once in a while for those of us who dine there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodAshyDined on 6/15/2014The food here is always quality, although maybe a little on the pricey side. The service is great and I have never had a bad experience here.Special Features:
- The following 207 reviews are from the Nob Hill Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- gr8abqDined on 5/31/2014Working on trying everything on the menu, so far it's been great! Chicken Picatta was our last choice and it was really good. Love that Bloody Mary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotJimBVIPDined on 5/14/2014My favorite spot in New Mexico. Great food, super location and the staff is top notch. The only negative to the experience is no Yungling beer.Special Features:
- Consistently goodMDubDined on 4/25/2014I've lived in Albuquerque for a year and a half and probably come here at least once a week. The happy hour deals are great, the food has been consistently good. I've only ever been truly disappointed with the ramen, and now there's a ramen shop on central so never order it here. (And the dessert fritters are hit or miss - sometimes burnt on the outside and raw on the inside). Everything else is delicious, when I have a mixed group of friends (some picky, some not so much, some vegetarians) this place works great. Krystle is the very best server, I try to always sit in her section. Drinks are strong. The crowd gets interesting(?) after 11 pm -mix of olds hitting on youngs, and the weeken djs play a lot of edm if that's your thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great potential - order with careBusinessDiner4OneVIPDined on 4/10/2014The menu attracted me to the trendy upscale diner. Seems to be a local fave with an upbeat vibe that cheers the solitary business traveller. The sauces we great, but the experience disappointed. My advice: Don't compromise: Pork loin entree was my choice. When the server reported "We are out of polenta," I substituted rice. Out of polenta in New Mexico? Seriously... Next time, I'll change my entree selection. Keep it simple: I chose Fritter Bomb for dessert. (Don't tell my cardiologist!). Sounded great but the fritters were underdone. The better choice was Berry Cobbler (special). Heads up: The server was working hard to keep up. Did not return my credit card. Also didn't check back as I was dining. Bottom line: next time, I'll pass.Special Features:
- It was okay..pipesmokeVIPDined on 4/4/2014We sat at the table for over ten minutes before we even knew our server. Most likely, it was vice versa. Her device was spotting. We could not tell if it was a bad day or, most likely another reason. we will reconsider this choice in the future.
- Saturday NightsGeriDined on 3/29/2014Love this place and usually love the music but for Saturday nights. The music is geared toward younger folks on the weekend and a bit loud and too energetic for a quiet meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!FoodieMomDined on 3/28/2014Everything was great, especially the service. We especially enjoyed the Waghu burger! Can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Birthday DinnerBzvickyDined on 3/13/2014The food at Nob Hill Bar & Grill is dependably very good. The menu is not large but what they serve, they do well. The wait staff is very friendly and does a good job of being there when you need them and not hovering. I recommend their steak salad.Special Features:
- Food was good but not superb.PTJPTJVIPDined on 3/6/2014Food was good but not superb. Service was slow at times. The iced tea was quite good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon of the Day--awesomeMaribethDined on 3/5/2014Great dinner as always! I had the salmon of the day and it was amazing. Pea risotto with kale and chard with grilled salmon and a lemon vodka sauce. It was absolutely amazing. My husband had the nachos which were good, but when he tasted mine, he said "You Won"...meaning I picked the best meal. As always, a great experience with good service and food. One of our go-tos particularly before games and events in the UNM Area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014With the exception of our waitress, Marisol, the entire staff was completely rude to us. I believe its because we were all of hispanic decent and the majority of the crowd was anglo. From the get go it was bad. I had requested a 6 person party reservation. We got there and they tried to cram us into one tiny booth. I then asked the hostess if I could get a bigger table and she rolled her eyes and stated that table has six people which they did but were half our size. Treated poorly by everyone except Marisol. Never again will i suggest this to my friends.Special Features:
- One of our favorite go to'sMaribethDined on 2/25/2014Interesting cocktails with great happy hour pricing. Food solid as always! I had the tenderloin salad--yummy and fresh, my husband had the fish and chips- large pieces of hot tender fish with crispy breaking served with waffle fries and homemade ketchup and my daughter got the clams with extra bread for sopping up the delicious cooking liquid. Hubby and I shared the bread pudding- hot and a mixture if textures . Not too sweet and delicious. Our daughter enjoyed the apple crisp ala mode for her dessert. As always, a great experience.Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Went with my wife for a date night. Nice scenery and food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014The pistachio crusted chicken and cobb salad we ordered was delicious. We paired it with the JKs skrumpy hard cider. I made a reservation and we got seated right away. This is my second bisit here, and I have yet to try the other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunKiki84Dined on 2/14/2014Excellent food and staff. Steak and risotto delicious. Parmesan crusted salmon and risotto so good. Very fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayGfoodandserviceDined on 2/14/2014We had great service and excellent food and ambience! A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun place to eat andSamanthaDined on 2/7/2014Great fun place to eat and the food was yummy too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My placeJimBVIPDined on 1/28/2014This is my spot to eat when in town. Normally get the same seat, order the clams( first rate) and generally check out the special. Prime rib is equal to even the Oak Room in Louisville KY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIT FOR A LADIES LUNCHabqladycopDined on 1/26/2014An excellent experience with Nob Hill Bar & Grill. I am a veteran at this restaurant. I just love it. I have been many times and you can always count on consistency with the food and drinks. If you are looking for something that is not on the menu, just ask. You might be pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A major disappointment...pipesmokeVIPDined on 1/24/2014My wife and I are usual regulars to this place. She ordered the fish special; and, the meatloaf. Both did not meet the expectations at all. we inquired if the meatloaf had any sort of spice. We were advised it did not, but it it did. My mouth was on fire. The fish dish was another complete disappointment. The server was acceptable but had occasional flashed of forgetfulness and inattentiveness. She only check in twice. When she was advised of the disappointment, she did not make any other query or attempt for satisfaction.We walked out hungry and unsated. We have decided to stay away for while until we hear positive reviews from trusted diners whom we know. My apologies.
- Nice place but if you wantDateniteDined on 1/24/2014Nice place but if you want a quiet respite do not sit near the bar area! Way to loud to enjoy the meal and the company you are with. Food very good, service great, decent prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great time was had by all!HappyDinerVIPDined on 1/18/2014This is the second time I have been to Nob Hill Bar and Grill and it was wonderful--again. Jessica, the hostess, was solicitous when I arrived and sat waiting for my friend and she didn't bat an eye when we asked to sit at the bar instead of the table I had reserved. She came over and checked on us several times, but we were in great hands with Tyson, the bartender! He poured, chatted and took our orders making us feel we had his undivided attention, but never leaving anyone else at the bar to feel he was ignoring them. The waitstaff who presented our food was equally solicitous and made for an incredible afternoon of dining. We enjoyed it so much, we went back the following day! Thanks, to all at Nob Hill Bar and Grill - see you all soon.Special Features:
- food presentation and tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/17/2014food presentation and taste surprised us as great at these reasonable prices. The service was as attentive as a five star restaurant.Special Features:
- YummyMaribethDined on 1/15/2014Our visit to Nob Hill Grill was great as usual. The daily salmon selection was delicious as were the clams. Thouroughly enjoyed our visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeting new friendsJacquioladyDined on 1/10/2014We like to bring newbies here, the food is always good and it's moderately priced Werth great ambience. My wife and I got engaged there 2 years ago, so it's special for us.Special Features:
- Great drink menuTheBigCheeseDined on 1/3/2014Food was very good, as was service except for messing up one order for our party. Seated right by the entry door on a cold evening which detracted a little from the evening.
- We enjoyed everything aboutswimjanDined on 12/21/2013We enjoyed everything about our meal except that the people on the window side of the booth were very cold. I do not recommend a window booth during the winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a great experiencepipesmokeVIPDined on 12/20/2013The server was great. The food was heart. Keep it up!
- Pre-show dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2013Very nice service. Great meal with the prime rib special which was cooked perfectly. Pleasant dinner before a show downtown.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, gorgeous presentatioJJZABQDined on 12/8/2013Fabulous food, gorgeous presentation, outstanding service. Just a cool spot in Nob Hill. Definitely worth a visit, or two, or twenty! Bravo! Everything from appetizers to dessert was sheer perfection (see if the chef has made the bread pudding!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, comfortable locationkmeadDined on 11/16/2013Nice, comfortable location to get together with friends and enjoy the evening/day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nob Hill DeclineslemonlipsDined on 11/7/2013This restaurant has been a long time favorite, however, the restaurant has changed, not up to its prior glory. Waygu 1001 burger was very good, the bun was stale, the fries over cooked & I have a real pet peeve with the owner's addition to a small basket for the fries. Let's face it, we used to get a good portion of fries and now it is pitifully small. The waygu burger with fries is $15, but what's with the stale bun? Service is spotty. Our waitress disappeared to get our beer and didn't return for a long time. upon return said that there was trouble with a keg. Our beer was flat and we weren't offered a fresh glass. I liked Nob Hill a lot but may have to look for another place for a good burger and a DECENT side of fries.Special Features:
- Yes, Go!HappyDinerVIPDined on 10/25/2013This was my first time here and I loved it. We were able to take our children and they had an equally go time. The food was excellent and the service was prompt, friendly but not intrusive. I highly recommend this eatery to others and this would be an excellent place to bring out of towners. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodTexasVisitorDined on 10/18/2013Food was outstanding!! Beer could be colder. Kind of pricey, but for a special date or anniversary? Perfect !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.