53 Main Street
Millerton, NY 12546Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.number9millerton.com/
- Phone: 5185921299
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Austrian, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Timothy Cocheo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering and event planning for intimate dinner parties for 6, up to large events and weddings of 250. Please call to inquire.
- Entertainment: Please check our website for information.
- Cross Street: Dutchess Avenue
- Public Transit: The Metro North Train Station to Wassaic Stop is 20 minutes from restaurant. Taxi service arrangements from the train station can be made. Call to inquire: 518-592-1299.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking is available in our private lot on the side of the building as well as on the street behind the restaurant.
A word from No.9 Restaurant
Number 9 restaurant is situated in the historic Simmons Way Village Inn in the quaint town of Millerton, NY. The restaurant is highly rated with a 27 Zagat food rating. Organic local farms provide the food to Chef Timothy Cocheo who puts it together with dynamic and unique results drawing on his NYC experience. The atmosphere is “relaxed yet elegant", the wine list is eclectic and the bar serves local spirits and beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
No.9 Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Millerton ›
No.9 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (12)romantic (7)notable wine list (3)good for groups (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- God food and ambiance. Slow kitchenket4Dined on 10/17/2014Waitstaff was excellent, but our order took over an hour to be served. Once food arrived it was quite good. Enjoyed the pretty location. SPinack salad was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Millerton NY GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2014ALways fun to dine at #9. Friendly service with excellent dining with an Austrian touch. Perfect for those who prefer smaller portions than those served at typical restaurants but of outstanding quality and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/11/2014Have been here many times - consistently fabulous food. Great menu, takes advantage of fresh ingredients. Every dish I have ever ordered has been superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Number 1 restaurant!SunnyDined on 10/11/2014We absolutely love No. 9. Since we first started coming up to Millerton for our weekend place, we discovered this gem of a restaurant quickly and have eaten there often. If there is one regret it is that they no longer do brunch on the weekends (or at least not as far as I can tell). It is a very special place, and a place to come back to many more times!Special Features:
- A country gemOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/4/2014Food, service and ambiance are beyond compare. We sat in the back dining room which we prefer to the larger rooms up front. They kitchen split our appetizer which is the mushroom spaetzle (divine). The steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We had a very pleasant meal. The food was terrific and the staff friendly and attentive.
- wonderful local restaurantimagekdDined on 9/26/2014We live in Millerton and are thrilled to have No. 9 in our town. They use all local produce, always have creative and delicious food. We highly recommend them.Special Features:
- great restaurantjoannahsDined on 9/5/2014We loved Number 9. It is located in a lovely inn. the food was very good and the wine and dessert pairring inspired!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We had a lovely dining experience at No 9..The food was excellent, the staff was very very nice....Will be back for visit..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu ...always a treatWestchesterWomanVIPDined on 8/15/2014A welcoming atmosphere..casual but classy. The ingredients used are fresh and locally sourced when possible. Each dish is a blend of various tastes that always work...appetizers and main courses alike. There were interesting specialty drinks and nice assortment of wines by the glass that went beyond the usual mix. Only complaint was that the front rooms were hot (maybe the A/C wasn't working) and that the main dining room could have been ventilated better. But the delicious food and attentive service made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UWSDinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Number nine has Terrific and creative food . We always Love the quark spatzle. It is located in a Lovely and charming inn in the cemter of the town of millerton.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprise-great price fixedDianeDreyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Went here for the first time for the three course mid-week priced fixed... one of the best bargains around... the setting is lovely, the food delicious (not just looking good but tasting good as well) and the $30 three course price fixed beat restaurant week offerings in Manhattan. We had a delicious cold summer soup and the spaetzie for our appetizer - both very tasty, and hanger steak as a main. Portions are decent, not overwhelming, and all is served with care. We found the staff very down to earth and pleasant - attentive without being overbearing. We will definitely be back to try the regular menus which sounded great but quite a bit more pricey... a bonus is it is a close drive from the Wassaic train station.Special Features:
- Not worth a tripOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant is not ready for prime time. Perhaps is was a very off night. Two tables that arrived after us were served well in advance of us. The wine advice was uninformed and misguided. Some of the food was well prepared, some of it poorly presented and lacking flavor. The cappuccino had no foam and the molten cakes very overdone. I think they forgot our order. If I lived nearby I might give it a second try but not worth another trip.
- Exquisite Home MealcaryngDined on 7/25/2014Since I was staying at the Inn, I decided to feel right at home by having dinner downstairs at the Inn, and what a delightful surprise. I started with the Foie Gras au Torchon with local cherries, and then enjoyed the Sauteed Sea Scallops which were tender, delicate, and tasty with the carrot ginger emulsion. I dined alone but enjoyed the art on the walls. Wait staff was very personable.Special Features:
- Innovative FoodLekkerDined on 7/16/2014Food was superb - very innovative; not the usual. Service was a bit slow, but that was fine for us. Prix fixe two and three course dinners were excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local ResturantGylfiDined on 7/1/2014Been to the place a number of times foods is always very good. A great place to go in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the No.9 Restaurant reviews archive.
- Just a good eatMarVicDined on 6/14/2014We have become steady customers by now. This is probably best place to have a reliably good meal in the Salisbury/Millerton area. The service is friendly, not rushed. The place has a quiet relaxed feel to it. The menu has what it takes for any mood and when it arrives, it shows delicious simplicity with a hit of a German accent. This place also deserves a stop for an after dinner dessert - these here are also among the best for the area.. The place also has a small, cozy bar, but the bar table itself is a bit tricky to sit at with stools that are too low relative to the bar surface. Good for a quick snack and a drink but having a meal at the bar is not a good idea for people under 6' tall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tbirdDined on 6/13/2014service always spotty - need more waitstaff or someone directing traffic better in the kitchen. Food phenomenalSpecial Features:
- Definitely a Five Star restaruantAndyPandaDined on 6/7/2014It was our first time at No. 9. We were with friends that recommended that we dine there. It was a memorable evening. The food, service and ambiance were all excellent. It will be our "go to" restaurant for all special occassions. We cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!jpat2798Dined on 5/30/2014No. 9 is rarely full (it was half full on a Saturday night) but the food is great and service is outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2014One of my favorites - the chef is unbelievable. Everything is delicious, from the bread to the dessert and everything in between. Fresh fish was cooked to perfection. Great menu - so many tempting choices, it is hard to choose. On this particular visit, a few gliches in the service, but that is not the norm. Will be back!Special Features:
- EaterDined on 5/24/2014We had a wonderful meal. The menu is creative and each item that each diner had was delicious - from appetizers to entress to desserts. Great pasta, salmon, fabulous strawberry/rhubarb pastry. As good as it gets.Special Features:
- Okay but not my favoritewe8hereDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I go out for dinner every other Friday as a general rule to the same lovely restaurant We enjoy good food with reasonable sized cocktails beforehand and a good selection of red wines to have while eating dinner. We were given a gift certificate to No.9 and used it for our 41st wedding anniversary celebration. All went well with the exception of the chairs. They were most uncomfortable. Also a little more consideration should be taken with the ladies room. It was similar to ones in Esso stations along the road. Not that it wasn't clean but could have been buffed up a bit. Nice towels, fresh flowers. You are charging prices one is willing to pay if given something in return.Special Features:
- Food You Can TrustLocavoreDined on 5/13/2014I love finding restaurants where I can trust the quality and integrity of the food. I usually do not order meat dishes when I eat out. At No. 9, with their a wide variety of locally sourced, humanely-raised meats, I can order freely. So far (I have only eaten there twice), everything has been exceptional.Special Features:
- excellent dinnerAAAADined on 5/10/2014original dishes, beautifully cooked and presented. A lovely occasion.Special Features:
- DelicioussklcopakeDined on 5/7/2014If you are anywhere in the Millerton vicinity, 9 Restaurant should be your spot for dinner. If you happen to be there mid-week, a 2 or 3 course menu, at an extremely reasonable price is available. I loved the fact that you can omit dessert course although that didn't stop me from ordering an amzing rhubarb souffle. We wil be back...with house guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Naples Fl reviewbobcDined on 4/26/2014The ambience is very nice, good menu for food and wine, service was great and food excellent.Special Features:
- Gastronomique!!RacergirlDined on 4/25/2014Having been to many of the gems in the greater Lime Rock Park area, this is my favorite. The food is a true culinary delight. Careful attention is given to all dishes. They feature farm to table offerings and are very particular with their exceptional sources. Their foie gras rivals the best restaurants in NYC. I have been there 4 times and will continue to go back as often as possible.Special Features:
- disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014Waited an hour and twenty minutes for our main course which turned out to be the size of an appetizer. The quality of the food was good, but a very disappointing dining experience.Special Features:
- delicious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2014The evening my husband and I dined at No. 9, the dining room was empty aside from us being there. The waitress was friendly and cooperative. There were a few misteps that I wouldn't have expected at these prices. The pepper shaker was in the salt shaker and the salt shaker was empty. We had to ask for salt and pepper. Noone ever refilled our water glasses. An error was made on our bill overcharching us by $8. That being said we both enjoyed our meals and the chief was accomodating when we asked for a variation on one of the entrees. We would return for another meal because appetizer thru dessert was very,very good. Give it a try,youll be pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food but slow deliverysfhphVIPDined on 4/11/2014Delicious food but slow delivery of food. The same thing happened the last time we were there
- I would give Nine a ten!cocoggDined on 4/11/2014First of all, a great menu. Lots to choose from, with the exception of dessert, which I found uninspired. But apps and main courses were hard to choose! Loved the weinerschnitzel, pork chop, and lamb. Beet app was fabulous. Creamed brussel sprouts divine. VG margaritas, too. Service was a bit slow, but we were in no hurry. Seemed like there was only one wait person for the entire bar area? Anyway, we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening in every wayFromoverthelineDined on 4/4/2014We live near the restaurant but had not been there for some time. Primarily because we are fortunate to have two or three great choices a little bit nearer...and because we forget how great the food is at No. 9. Our evening was wonderful in all ways. Food was superb: three of us had different entrees and each was wonderfully prepared and presented. The service was personable and friendly which made us feel very welcome. The chef owner has now also taken over the adjacent inn and improved it markedly. All in all, a great evening in every way. It is a sure fire choice.Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014I am a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America and thrive on excellent dining experiences. This was one of the top dinners I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Great food, long wait timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/8/2014Be prepared for a leisurely meal and you will enjoy No 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winter dinnerfbj21Dined on 1/31/2014nice evening, service, food, and drink...all very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect settingFeasterVIPDined on 1/3/2014No 9 is at then at the back of a charming Inn so the welcome is inviting. The food is wonderful- fresh and delicious and beautifully prepared. We had an incredible meal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This chef consistently servesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2013This chef consistently serves fabulous food. Went for prix fixed new year's eve dinner. Had chestnut soup that was unbelievable. Brisket was absolutely perfect. The chocolate fondue dessert was by far the best I've ever had. Service on new year's eve was friendly but not up to par as it normally is - had to wait for silverware after the courses were served, forgot to serve our amuse bouche, also felt a bit rushed. But as always at this place, the food was phenomenal and I could eat there every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off niteMarkDined on 12/28/2013Dinner on Saturday night 12/28 did not include the usual hanger track or any beef other than hamburg. I was left to order hamburg with green side salad instead of fries. The green salad was PATHETIC -- only a few greens from a mesculun bag from Grand Union. No cukes/tomatoes/radecchio or anything but greens. Side salad needs a lot of work.Special Features:
- A rising starzmanDined on 9/27/2013The food is the attraction to this wonderful spot. Do not miss it if nearby.Special Features: