No. 9 Park
9 Park Street
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
No. 9 Park
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.no9park.com/
- Phone: 617-742-9991x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Saturday 5:30 – 10:00 pm
DINNER IN THE BAR ROOM AND BAR
Sunday through Saturday 5:30 – 10:30 pm
*Our Chef's Tasting Menu will be offered until 9:30pm in both the dining room and bar room.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Barbara Lynch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 9 at Home offers unique and exclusive catering from No. 9 Park, B&G Oysters, The Butcher Shop, and Sportello. Please contact us at 617-423-4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: No. 9 Park offers both private and semi-private dining for 20 to 80 guests for a sit down dinner or 100 for a cocktail reception.
No. 9 Park is the perfect setting for celebrating a special occasion or hosting a corporate event. From twenty to seventy-five guests for a sit down dinner and up to one hundred for a cocktail reception, No. 9 Park offers extraordinary food, an intimate setting, and gracious hospitality. In addition to creating a customized menu with our talented chefs, No. 9 Park can offer the expertise of Wine Director Cat Silirie in selecting from a wine list featuring primarily limited production artisan wines. From a three-course business luncheon to an elegant seven-course Chef’s Tasting menu paired with exquisite wines, No.9 Park provides the perfect setting for a range of private events.
For information on arranging a private event, please email Marissa Swiech at email@example.com or call us at 617.742.9991.
- Private Party Contact: Marissa Swiech 617-742-9991x
- Cross Street: Beacon Street
- Public Transit: No. 9 Park is less than 1 block from Park Street Station on the Red and Green Lines, a short walk from Government Center on the Blue Line and Downtown crossing on the Orange Line.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: No. 9 Park offers valet parking as early as 5:00 pm every evening at a price of $16.00 per vehicle.
A word from No. 9 Park
Located in an elegant townhouse in historic Beacon Hill, No. 9 Park provides an intimate setting to enjoy Barbara Lynch's refined cuisine. The menu showcases an artful blend of regionally inspired Italian and French dishes with an emphasis on simplicity and flavor. The wine program focuses on regional producers whose styles reflect a taste of place. The dining room, designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz, radiates a quiet and timeless elegance in the form of a muted taupe palette and dark polished wood floors. From the carefully selected wines to the warm hospitality, No. 9 Park strives to set the standard for fine dining in Boston.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
No. 9 Park - Best Restaurants in Beacon Hill ›
No. 9 Park reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (170)fit for foodies (156)romantic (127)notable wine list (115)neighborhood gem (48)scenic view (35)hot spot (13)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Outstanding in every wayDebbieDined on 9/17/2014I dined for the first time with my husband and another couple who all had eaten here many times. No 9 did not disappoint. The whole experience was wonderful, from the friendly valet and hostess staff to the ambiance, outstanding service and scrumptious food. We ordered ala carte off of the prix fix menu. The kitchen was very accommodating and the food staggered nicely. Everything we ordered was well prepared and delicious. We had a wonderful table overlooking the public garden. can't say enough about it.Special Features:
- Worth the trip!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Great experience from start to finish. I will say that there was a bit of 'up selling' pressure in that we had arrived with interest in the prix fixe menu and the server was a bit focused on pushing us to the tasting menu. However, all in all, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- love the tasting menurhealitycheckDined on 9/14/2014Every time I've come here the tasting menu has been really fantastic and they're always accommodating of allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKF23Dined on 9/14/2014The service and hospitality was excellent. I was there celebrating my gf's birthday and it was a perfect spot for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent time!Cristian33Dined on 9/13/2014They were fantastic! The service was outstanding, well prepared staff and they had all the necessary for our night to me a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special dinner with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We had a lovely time at Number 9 park. Our server Joe was knowledgeable and welcoming - he had great suggestions on the menu and wine list. Pricey, but the service and quality of food were superb. Will be there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly hits, some missesJenni9733Dined on 9/10/2014Great service, attentive and knowledgeable staff. Had the chef's tatting menu... all the fish dishes were incredible, pasta was so-so, lamb and duck were delicious. Dessert was boring and not so good. Selection of cheeses was okay, could have a better Blue and triple cream choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prune-Stuffed GnocchiOmniverousBillVIPDined on 9/5/2014Arriving on a late Friday night into Boston from Washington DC, Barbara Lynch's "always on the menu" Prune-Stuffed Gnocchi (w/fois gras, almonds, vins) and my "chef's tasting" Lobster Salad (lobster bits with fresh yellow and green peach segments, with "vin gris") got us off to a great start, having arrived one night early for a Saturday wedding, for the sole purpose of a dinner for two at 9 Park. Followed by Colorado Lamb tenderloin (with a 9 Park "BobCat" cuvee full Sarah from CA) and a Ris de Veau left the two of us wondering: is 9 Park the top French Restaurant in the USA? Certainly, as following Guide Michelin, dinner there was indeed "worth a journey;" so if not the best, certainly worthy of those three stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Anniversary DinnerJohnBetsyVIPDined on 9/4/2014We visited No. 9 Park early on a Thursday evening in early September, and were seated in the back room. The ambiance was warm and cosy, with the tables well-spaced. The room gradually filled up but, even with everyone talking, the other conversations were non-intrusive. My wife had ricotta tortellini, crystal valley chicken and chocolate mint cake from the prix-fixe menu, while I tried the chef's tasting menu. We added the optional selection of artisanal cheeses, paired with kracher dessertwein. Every course was delicious and perfectly cooked. We will definitely return to try other dishes. The service was superb, especially our waiter Joe who was very knowledgeable about the wines & cheeses. The price was reasonable for fine dining.Special Features:
- Get ready for small portion siseMertManDined on 8/31/2014While the meal was extremely satisfying taste wise the portions were on the sparce side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealMikeFVIPDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful dinner and service at No. 9 Park. Unique dishes on the menu and very attentive service.Special Features:
- Quality Barbara Lynch restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014No. 9 Park is great place - just not quite as good as Menton. Physically, the place could use a renovation - there are some cracked paint spots, chips in the wall, uneven cooling, uneven lighting. Service is very good, just not as polished as at Menton. The food is delicious, but again not as refined as Menton. The cocktail menu is great, and the prix fixe menu has a diverse selection. Great place for dinner on a weekend evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Service Amazing CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014One of the best dining experiences we have ever had...which is a positive given the size of the check at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No. 9 never disappointsrebrivvedVIPDined on 8/29/2014Don't know what took us so long to return to what we consider to be one of the best restaurants in Boston. So glad the Tour de Gruppo caught my attention. The prix fixe menu was lovely - far superior to the usual restaurant week fare. Our server was warm, informative but never intrusive, with impeccable wine recommendations every step of the way.Special Features:
- Food amazing but I was so cold!SandicitaVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food was really amazing. The prune-stuffed gnocchi in particular were just divine. The AC was turned up so high, however, that I was freezing all night. Since it was the middle of summer, I did not think to bring a sweater. Definitely affected my enjoymentof the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favorite..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014would not come to a trip to Boston without a dinner at No.9 Park. Quality of ingredients and execution are superbe.Special Features:
- DisappointedbackbaychickDined on 8/28/2014Went here for Dine Out Biston. Maybe that means the "normal" food is below par...? I don't know but it was average at best. And average for a mid range restaurant- not a well known, high end Barbara Lynch restaurant. Food was Disappointing. Very disappointing. Service was stellar though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014We experienced a special evening as staff was attentive, knowledgable, nonintrusive, and friendly. Food was presented beautifully with a flair of different flavors. Wine list offfered excellent value and an interesting selection.Special Features:
- For special celebrationsRebeccaVIPDined on 8/26/2014We celebrated our 22nd anniversary at No. 9 Park this week and are very glad we did. The food is delicious and the service was excellent. We will look forward to returning again at some point in the future.Special Features:
- Anniversarytablepour2VIPDined on 8/24/2014Perfect choice, the food was excellent, great wine selections, wonderful service, very attentive and knowledgeable without being intrusive. Perfect night. We loved the ambiance and quiet. Great spot for romantic dinner or a dinner with friends when quiet conversation is desired.Special Features:
- Never disappointsDrJAMVIPDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten at No. 9 Park on a few occasions, and have never been disappointed. Their meals typically are of the prix fixe nature. We chose a five course option, with fluke, bluefish, foie gras, gnocchi, and flat iron steak. While the portions were small, each course was presented beautifully; we were satiated before the dessert was presented. The location is easily accessible to out of town guests and locals alike, though the view of the Common, from most of the tables, is limited. The ambience is nothing special, though the quiet nature of the setting and the exquisite care we were given by the wait staff more than made up for this truth. We will always make our way back to No. 9 Park when visiting Boston from our home in Phoenix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously perfectPhxfoodieDined on 8/21/2014Celebrated a birthday dinner at No.9 park. The chef made an incredible dessert cake on request and it was magnificent. I enjoyed the entire dinner, every dish was beautifully plated and pleasing to the palate. We had the luck of dining out during Boston's restaurant week, so we had several tasting menus to choose from. The wait staff were so attentive and knowledgeable about the cuisine. If I find myself in Boston again, I would not hesitate to dine at No. 9 park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningSpecialOccasionDined on 8/21/2014A friend and I treated ourselves to an amazing dinner: we had the tasting menu which was customized for us (pescatarians). The service was impeccable. We couldn't have asked for a better environment in which to reconnect.Special Features:
- FantasticRater2Dined on 8/19/2014Wife and I were visiting Boston and had one night for a special dinner. Went with No.9 - it did not disappoint. Was Boston's Dine Out week so there were three menu offerings. They ask that all diners at the table work off the same choice (this is something I have grumped about at other restaurants). We chose 3 course - it gave us the most flexibility in tasting around the menu. Each course was delightful and on point. Since no wine pairing was offered for the 3 course, we asked our server to pair for us. She did an EXCELLENT job. However, be aware, that can get pricey fast. If you're budget conscious, ask service to be as well, or avoid this route. Otherwise, I highly encourage if visiting (or a resident) of Boston, to plan a visit to no.9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerLuv2dineDined on 8/17/2014The food and service were both fantastic. We Ordered the chef's tasting menu and every coarse was delicious and beautiful. They accommodated My 10 yr old and he was very happy with his meal. The cheeses were so good that we decided to skip desert and have the cheese plate instead.Special Features:
- Exceeded Expectations!!Say78Dined on 8/17/2014We were visiting Boston and saw this cozy looking restaurant. It was amazing, from the time we walked in until we left!! The signature cocktail list was really hard to just pick one! I recommend the "Painkiller". Next we sat down at a great table in the corner. Our server Gregg really added to the experience. He was very knowledgable about the menu, wines and the artisan cheeses. I highly suggest doing a five course or chef's tasting menu with the wine pairing. The food was outstanding and creative. Everything was brought out in perfect time. The staff and service were professional yet very friendly. I love this restaurant and we will definitely be back on our next visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original, High End and PriceyFuscDined on 8/17/2014Well worth the expense. We chose the Tasting menu and it was over the top with great combinations or quality items blended together in an orderly fashion..Dinner for 4 was almost $700...but we would do it again...The Prix Price menue is a bit kinder to pocketbook. But overall, an excellent experience. A little noisy but not over the top.I would recommend this to a friend.
- #No.9BOSTimothyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Classy, classic cocktails accompany extraordinary cuisine, served by a highly proficient staff, in a very comfortable environment. Who could want anything more?Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Even though this restaurant has the high prices of some other restaurants they don't have that stuffy high price feel. The staff were fantastic & we felt right at home. My friend didn't care for the 1st course, she didn't complain but they noticed and brought her something else instead (I finished off her 1st course, I thought it was wonderful). Great bread - something I'm always picky about. We did the dine out Boston pre-fix and everything was delicious - just the right portions, left satisfied but not uncomfortably stuffed. I would return. They are very accommodating & friendly. I would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Lovely nightDelightedDinerDined on 8/16/2014We chose from the prix-fixe menu. We had asked in advance for pescatarian options, and they altered some of the dishes to honor our preferences. The corn agnolotti was flavorful and the hake was incredible. I found myself audibly "mmming" after each bite. I would highly recommend the black truffle supplement with homemade pasta. For dessert, the chocolate ice cream torte was the perfect blend of mint, cold cream, and chocolate to top off my full stomach. Of course, the service was attentive and thoughtful. We had a lovely time, and would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyPassion4foodDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant in general was lovely and had very good food. The main thing that stands out for me is that it was very pricey. We chose to order à la carte, and found out when we got the check, that all appetizers and main courses were the same price (except for some sepcial courses like foie gras), which meant I ended up paying around 20 dollars for a gazpacho that was pretty bland. We also brought our kids (2 and 4 years old), which went all right (thanks to our iPads and head phones :), but their pasta with butter cost 18 USD per portion! That was the most expensive pasta we have ever had! Some carrots on the side were 8 USD... All in all a great place to eat (all the other dishes were really good), but don't bring small kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/13/2014We were treated as celebrities during our anniversary dinner. The food was a fantastic as always, and the service was over the top friendly, knowledgeable, and celebratory. Simply a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No 9 ParkmerlinVIPDined on 8/9/2014A great restaurant for a special occasion. The menu was varied and everything we had was excellent.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful time. The night was a special occasion and the restaurant was nothing short of outstanding. The service was exceptional, the food was spectacular and the whole event was memorable. Because it was a special occasion, I cannot say that we will go frequently but I am certain that we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date night placeMR09VIPDined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend and I have been living in Beacon Hill for a few months and kept passing it so one night decided to try it. The food was excellent - extremely flavorful and the portions were just right. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the entire menu and wine list and helped us make some tough decisions. The entire staff was extremely attentive yet not overbearing so that we could enjoy our date night.Special Features:
- Great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food is as great as what you can find in Boston area. Our waitress was knowledgeable enough and answered all our questions. Staff were friendly and welcoming. The ambiance is quiet and romantic, great for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014We waited more than a half hour for our 8:30 reservation. The maitre de offered us a drink, so the champagne shortened the wait. But I guess Danny Meyer is the only restaurant owner who does not overbook the tables. Food was outstanding and the wine list was interesting for wine fanatics. JZulackSpecial Features:
- AwesomeJbenj09Dined on 8/6/2014This restaurant came highly reccommended so I was really excited. Walked in and was quickly taken to our table that had a great view looking out towards the Prudential tower and over the Boston Commons. Our 3 course meal was amazing, the prune stuffed gnocchi was amazing, the hake and duck were both unbelievable. The food was amazing, the service was great. Definitely a great spot for an expensive, but well worth it meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014There are certain foods that linger on in memory as 'to die for'! Such is the case with No. 9's Prune-Stuffed Gnocchi in a foie gras, almond, vin santo. The gnocchi were so tender and the contrast of the sweet prune with the foie gras glaze was a culinary delight. Not only the taste, but the presentation of each dish was outstanding. Our waiter was very professional and took care to answer our questions about the menu. With wine, dinner for two can be quite expensive. For a special occasion, dining at No. 9 is a gift in itself.Special Features:
- AmazingFGRCDined on 8/4/2014Great experience of gastronomia, excellent wine and good service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.