No. 9 Park
9 Park Street
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
No. 9 Park
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.no9park.com/
- Phone: (617) 742-9991
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Saturday 5:30 – 10:00 pm
DINNER IN THE BAR ROOM AND BAR
Sunday through Saturday 5:30 – 10:30 pm
*Our Chef's Tasting Menu will be offered until 9:30pm in both the dining room and bar room.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Barbara Lynch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 9 at Home offers unique and exclusive catering from No. 9 Park, B&G Oysters, The Butcher Shop, and Sportello. Please contact us at 617-423-4200 or email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: No. 9 Park offers both private and semi-private dining for 20 to 80 guests for a sit down dinner or 100 for a cocktail reception.
No. 9 Park is the perfect setting for celebrating a special occasion or hosting a corporate event. From twenty to seventy-five guests for a sit down dinner and up to one hundred for a cocktail reception, No. 9 Park offers extraordinary food, an intimate setting, and gracious hospitality. In addition to creating a customized menu with our talented chefs, No. 9 Park can offer the expertise of Wine Director Cat Silirie in selecting from a wine list featuring primarily limited production artisan wines. From a three-course business luncheon to an elegant seven-course Chef’s Tasting menu paired with exquisite wines, No.9 Park provides the perfect setting for a range of private events.
For information on arranging a private event, please email Marissa Swiech at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 617.742.9991.
- Private Party Contact: Marissa Swiech 617-742-9991x
- Cross Street: Beacon Street
- Public Transit: No. 9 Park is less than 1 block from Park Street Station on the Red and Green Lines, a short walk from Government Center on the Blue Line and Downtown crossing on the Orange Line.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: No. 9 Park offers valet parking as early as 5:00 pm every evening at a price of $16.00 per vehicle.
A word from No. 9 Park
Located in an elegant townhouse in historic Beacon Hill, No. 9 Park provides an intimate setting to enjoy Barbara Lynch's refined cuisine. The menu showcases an artful blend of regionally inspired Italian and French dishes with an emphasis on simplicity and flavor. The wine program focuses on regional producers whose styles reflect a taste of place. The dining room, designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz, radiates a quiet and timeless elegance in the form of a muted taupe palette and dark polished wood floors. From the carefully selected wines to the warm hospitality, No. 9 Park strives to set the standard for fine dining in Boston.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
No. 9 Park - Best Restaurants in Beacon Hill ›
No. 9 Park reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (163)fit for foodies (146)romantic (119)notable wine list (112)neighborhood gem (41)scenic view (32)hot spot (14)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- not worth the priceGoldieDined on 11/22/2014We have been to the restaurant twice before and it was great this time the bass was overcooked and the foie gras was tasteless
- Amazing servicesem21Dined on 11/14/2014No 9 Park's unobtrusive but amazing service was flawless. We pre-ordered a bottle of champagne for immediate toast upon arrival and they brought it to the table exactly as asked. The service only got better from there. The food was just as incredible as described in other reviews. We did the 3 course prix fixe, but ordered some extras off the menu for sharing which was a nice option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay not greatbostonmom53Dined on 11/14/2014Food okay - did tasting menu which was a little bit of hit or miss. Husband had wine pairing which was again some better than others. Okay to experience once but definitely will not go back. Heard every word spoken in the middle of the room by a corporate dinner and waiter staff seemed overworked. Some courses were presented by staff that stumbled over description as I guess they needed to fill in. Locals will enjoy the bar area but as a premium dinner place for foodies, this is not such a destination.
- Anniversary and Proposal handled Great!JimmyDined on 11/12/2014I took my girlfriend here for our 9th year anniversary. I informed the wait staff that I would be proposing and our server Kimberly came through in tremendous fashion. The food was exquisite, the wine was perfect, and the desert fantastic. When the time was right Kimberly was able to stealthily take photos for me as I proposed, and she even went above and beyond in that regard. The wait staff presented us with complimentary glasses of champagne. Overall everyone on the staff went above and beyond and exceeded any and all of my expectations. Thank you No. 9 Park for an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hector ValleHectorDined on 11/9/2014Probably the best restaurant ever !! Gnochi with foie amazing and foie also ! Great dessert and reasonable wine list.Special Features:
- Mixed bag:OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2014Seated promptly, water poured but then left without further attention for drink order until we hailed a wait person after 10-15 mins. Apologies and drinks comped but then drink order incorrect. Meal good but problem again with dessert when only one served. Definite communication problem for us while other tables seemed well attended so not sure what that was all about. Doubt a revisit on next trip to Boston.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner at No.9 ParkDadouss4everDined on 11/9/2014Exquisite food with highly professional service. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicefoodbabyDined on 11/8/2014Received excellent food and service here. Service was very attentive and not pretentious at all, which you sometimes find at fine dining establishments. Our server was very friendly and tailored our dining experience to exactly what we were looking for, without anything needing to be said. Food was delicious - they weren't lying about the gnocchi. Wine list extensive with many classic and interesting European wines. Had a really nice, not rushed anniversary dinner. Absolutely worth a visit for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Food was awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014Great food!! tired interior. Service was fair... They thought it was ur privilege to be there. Very pricey.Special Features:
- Good but not great.RonGDined on 11/4/2014Service was attentive. The food was good but not great. Have been to this restaurant intermittently and the food has been better.Special Features:
- A great dinner for couplesHappyEaterDined on 11/3/2014We had a great time at this restaurants. The food was great along with the ambiance. The staff was very helpful and on top of things. The food is quite overpriced for what you get. Overall it was a great experience but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOptigirlDined on 11/1/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and overall the experience was very good. We had an early reservation as we had plans later in the evening and unfortunately, they were not ready for us. We ordered a drink from the bar after about 20 minutes we were shown to a nice table. Our waiter Joe was very attentive and made some good recommendations for food and complementary wines. Because we started late my husband did not have enough time to do the tasting menu which was a bit of a disappointment for him but he did enjoy all of his meal selections. They also brought a nicely presented dessert with candle...unfortunately, it was not the dessert that he ordered :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classicArmabcgDined on 10/31/2014Service and wine lists are top notch here and the food is expertly prepared. Menu changes with the seasons but the french fare is outstanding. The cheese cart is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Very Expensive With Tiny PortionsMeg59Dined on 10/31/2014This restaurant sits on Beacon Hill next to the state house with nice views from the window table of the common. Since it's Barbara Lynch's flagship and first restaurant, it should be stellar. The top chef has branched out to open other dining establishments, and it is my opinion that No. 9 has lost its sparkle. The food portions in the Prix Fixe for $69. pp are very small; this is 3 courses. The prune-stuffed gnocchi was excellent in preparation and taste. The following entrees which were striped bass and venison loin were very small with heavy sauces we did not believe paired well with the preparations. Service is excellent, but plan to spend well over $200. for 2.
- First bad experience @ #9 out of 8baddayat9Dined on 10/30/2014Have been to this restaurant 6 to 8 times. My favorite restaurant in Boston , generally. Did not care for my meal this time. Maybe just a bad choice on my part, but I split the Steak for Two and my friend wanted it medium rare . I was reluctant but the waiter explained to me that the quality of the meat was so high, that I would enjoy it at that level and it would be the equivalent of medium ........ I could not eat it , and it took about ten minutes to get the waiter's attention to send it back. I finally hailed down another waiter for service. The place was full , even though we went at 5:30 , so I don't know if the waiter was just too busy or they were understaffed. When it came back it was great. The sides , which are always one of my favorite parts of eating at No. 9 , were marginal . Both on the hard side with very little flavor . I will go back , but it is my first real disappointment with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2014Nice ambiance, appropriately attentive service and well crafted dishes.Special Features:
- Near-perfect dining experienceBostonDinerVIPDined on 10/28/2014No. 9 Park pays attention to details and earns its reputation as a well-oiled fine dining establishment. From the cocktails to the appetizer to the Wagyu Ribeye to the Syrah to get with it, our entire dining experience was close to perfect. Our server really brought the whole experience together. His knowledge and recommendations were excellent. Absolutely delicious meal.Special Features:
- Everyday treat or special occasionSunday2dayVIPDined on 10/26/2014This was our 2nd visit. We appreciate the attentiveness of the waitstaff, the prefix format of the local sourced seasonal menue. Delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedgoshendocVIPDined on 10/22/2014rated #1 in Boston by many critics and the hotel staff. Everything was ok but nothing was memorable. Waiter sort of forgot we were there. wine bottle did not match the vintage on the menu. No need to go back.
- Great serviceRaymondDined on 10/20/2014We had a group dinner and loved every moment. Very nice wine selections, amazing food and very friendly staff. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant & NiceJAAFVIPDined on 10/19/2014Very good service. Nice environment. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Ok, for what it is.jamesVIPDined on 10/18/2014A very nice restaurant with a long-established reputation. If you're looking for an eating experience that will make you, as a person, feel special, this is a good place to go. The food, however, is perhaps over-rated. It's good, and some of what I had was truly excellent. But the lamb was not only barely there, it was not particularly good. I had no trouble picking very suitable wines, although they are on the expensive side, as might be expected. Given the superb alternatives that exist in the suburbs, I doubt I'd pick Nr. 9 again. My wife, by the way, says my review was generous.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableKathyVIPDined on 10/18/2014No. 9 Park remains one of my favorite restaurants. The food, the ambiance, the wait staff all make this place a go-to for any occasion.Special Features:
- ServicecollegeskierDined on 10/17/2014We had dinner in the bar area around 9:30 pm. Despite sitting just a few feet from the bar, it took a long time to have our drinks delivered. The service was not very well timed with our drink order, as our drinks did not arrive when our meal did. The location of the restaurant was beautiful...just down the hill from the Mass. State building. At night, with the massive building all lite up, it was very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in BostonBiggerfanVIPDined on 10/13/2014I'm visiting Boston and have eaten dinner at 7 restaurants. This was by far our best dining experience here, and among the best I've had anywhere. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Don't go if you are hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014Food is great. Staff is great. Amount of food can be meager. I ordered chicken, which was truly wonderful. I think it may have been a total of 5 bites. Maybe one third of a small breast. Great experience, but be prepared for small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Wow, what an amazing dinner at No. 9 Park. The food, service, wine and atmosphere were all incredible. Just a truly wonderful time. Highly recommended. A great place for a special occasion or just for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2014Excellent service, exquisite food. This equals or surpasses Michelin starred restaurants around the world. Not rushed, portion sizes that leave you content and not stuffed. Professional wait staff. We will definitely return, as often as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White trufflesKlatteDined on 10/9/2014I knew this restaurant had a great reputation and so I arranged a dinner here for my CEO who is from Europe. The food and wine was really incredible. It was really the best meal I have had in my entire life. The dishes were works of art and the flavors were absolutely phenomenal. The white truffles are very rare and in season; that this restaurant offered them 3 ways was impressive, as was the royal presentation of this dish. What a treat. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- ExtraordinarynomnomgirlDined on 10/8/2014This was certainly as good if not better than the many reviewers have stated. The food was outstanding, and we enjoyed sharing the wine pairing on the tasting menu. Our server Ashley was extremely knowledgeable about the food and wine and was friendly and attentive throughout the meal. It was the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary, and while expensive, was a real treat.Special Features:
- almost perfectmikeVIPDined on 10/4/2014Food and service were excellent. This is my second time (my first was not a good experience), but this restaurant has such a good rep. that we tried it again, and I was very pleasantly surprised. I had octopus salad and striper and both were perfect. Service was excellent. Timing of dishes was excellent. My only complaint was the bar. While we waited for another guest, we sat for one drink at the bar. The bar service was not very friendly and surprisingly for such a high end restaurant, there was very little in the way of scotch or whiskey. No Macallan, no Oban, no Johnny. Very surprising. We were the only ones at the bar and it seemed the bartender was more interested in talking with other staff than serving us. Still a strong recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceCesgoDined on 10/2/2014Nice and good food, good service, romantic place and good for special dinner,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Very nice, quiet place. The ambiance of the room makes it easy to forget what is going on elsewhere as it is pretty far withdrawn from the street but still has a window view, which is nice.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerRevereVIPDined on 9/30/2014No. 9 Park was simply outstanding from start to finish. The food was terrific - even better than I had remembered from my last visit. The octopus appetizer was the best octopus I have ever had. The service was friendly and they treated us very well for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too preciousmontanaguyDined on 9/28/2014The ambience is fine and the service friendly but the prix-fixe menu is limited to fussy and pretentious selections, for the most part, and the prices are outrageous. We will not go back and we will not recommend it to our friends.
- Not impressed... :(FoodieFromBostonDined on 9/27/2014Went to Park 9 for a special occasion. The waitstaff was very attentive, and accommodated a party member with allergies. We chose the Chef's Tasting Menu, and the only things that stood out were the scallop dish and the port ice-cream from the pumpkin crostata. We had a slight situation involving cleanliness, which unfortunately was not handled very well by the assistant manager, and left disappointed.Special Features:
- An Ideal Dining Experience!Gramps09VIPDined on 9/24/2014No. 9 Park was a hit in every respect: we had a hard time choosing among a variety of inviting menu items; the dishes were appropriately sized, well prepared and delicious; the service was warm and attentive, without being either obsequious or pushy; and the ambiance was conducive to conversation, with the restaurant consisting of several right-sized spaces. Definitely a place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceWomenWhoMeanBusinessVIPDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I came to No.9 Park for a special occasion and we couldn't have found a better spot. The service was amazing, and the food exquisite. And if ever there is a place to splurge on the wine pairing with each course, this is it!Special Features:
- Truly Fantastic!!11thanniversaryDined on 9/19/2014We went here for our 11th wedding anniversary and were simply spoiled with the wonderful service, view and food. My husband ordered the prix fixe dinner and I ordered the chef'so tasting menu- both were delicious, including the wines paired with each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every wayDebbieVIPDined on 9/17/2014I dined for the first time with my husband and another couple who all had eaten here many times. No 9 did not disappoint. The whole experience was wonderful, from the friendly valet and hostess staff to the ambiance, outstanding service and scrumptious food. We ordered ala carte off of the prix fix menu. The kitchen was very accommodating and the food staggered nicely. Everything we ordered was well prepared and delicious. We had a wonderful table overlooking the public garden. can't say enough about it.Special Features: