No. 9 Park
9 Park Street
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
No. 9 Park
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.no9park.com/
- Phone: 617-742-9991x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Saturday 5:30 – 10:00 pm
DINNER IN THE BAR ROOM AND BAR
Sunday through Saturday 5:30 – 10:30 pm
*Our Chef's Tasting Menu will be offered until 9:30pm in both the dining room and bar room.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Barbara Lynch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 9 at Home offers unique and exclusive catering from No. 9 Park, B&G Oysters, The Butcher Shop, and Sportello. Please contact us at 617-423-4200 or email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: No. 9 Park offers both private and semi-private dining for 20 to 80 guests for a sit down dinner or 100 for a cocktail reception.
No. 9 Park is the perfect setting for celebrating a special occasion or hosting a corporate event. From twenty to seventy-five guests for a sit down dinner and up to one hundred for a cocktail reception, No. 9 Park offers extraordinary food, an intimate setting, and gracious hospitality. In addition to creating a customized menu with our talented chefs, No. 9 Park can offer the expertise of Wine Director Cat Silirie in selecting from a wine list featuring primarily limited production artisan wines. From a three-course business luncheon to an elegant seven-course Chef’s Tasting menu paired with exquisite wines, No.9 Park provides the perfect setting for a range of private events.
For information on arranging a private event, please email Marissa Swiech at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 617.742.9991.
- Private Party Contact: Marissa Swiech 617-742-9991x
- Cross Street: Beacon Street
- Public Transit: No. 9 Park is less than 1 block from Park Street Station on the Red and Green Lines, a short walk from Government Center on the Blue Line and Downtown crossing on the Orange Line.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: No. 9 Park offers valet parking as early as 5:00 pm every evening at a price of $16.00 per vehicle.
A word from No. 9 Park
Located in an elegant townhouse in historic Beacon Hill, No. 9 Park provides an intimate setting to enjoy Barbara Lynch's refined cuisine. The menu showcases an artful blend of regionally inspired Italian and French dishes with an emphasis on simplicity and flavor. The wine program focuses on regional producers whose styles reflect a taste of place. The dining room, designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz, radiates a quiet and timeless elegance in the form of a muted taupe palette and dark polished wood floors. From the carefully selected wines to the warm hospitality, No. 9 Park strives to set the standard for fine dining in Boston.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
No. 9 Park - Best Restaurants in Beacon Hill ›
No. 9 Park reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (157)fit for foodies (143)romantic (123)notable wine list (110)neighborhood gem (48)scenic view (33)hot spot (14)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Elegant & NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/19/2014Very good service. Nice environment. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Ok, for what it is.jamesVIPDined on 10/18/2014A very nice restaurant with a long-established reputation. If you're looking for an eating experience that will make you, as a person, feel special, this is a good place to go. The food, however, is perhaps over-rated. It's good, and some of what I had was truly excellent. But the lamb was not only barely there, it was not particularly good. I had no trouble picking very suitable wines, although they are on the expensive side, as might be expected. Given the superb alternatives that exist in the suburbs, I doubt I'd pick Nr. 9 again. My wife, by the way, says my review was generous.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableKathyVIPDined on 10/18/2014No. 9 Park remains one of my favorite restaurants. The food, the ambiance, the wait staff all make this place a go-to for any occasion.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014We had dinner in the bar area around 9:30 pm. Despite sitting just a few feet from the bar, it took a long time to have our drinks delivered. The service was not very well timed with our drink order, as our drinks did not arrive when our meal did. The location of the restaurant was beautiful...just down the hill from the Mass. State building. At night, with the massive building all lite up, it was very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in BostonBiggerfanVIPDined on 10/13/2014I'm visiting Boston and have eaten dinner at 7 restaurants. This was by far our best dining experience here, and among the best I've had anywhere. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Don't go if you are hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014Food is great. Staff is great. Amount of food can be meager. I ordered chicken, which was truly wonderful. I think it may have been a total of 5 bites. Maybe one third of a small breast. Great experience, but be prepared for small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Wow, what an amazing dinner at No. 9 Park. The food, service, wine and atmosphere were all incredible. Just a truly wonderful time. Highly recommended. A great place for a special occasion or just for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent service, exquisite food. This equals or surpasses Michelin starred restaurants around the world. Not rushed, portion sizes that leave you content and not stuffed. Professional wait staff. We will definitely return, as often as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White trufflesKlatteDined on 10/9/2014I knew this restaurant had a great reputation and so I arranged a dinner here for my CEO who is from Europe. The food and wine was really incredible. It was really the best meal I have had in my entire life. The dishes were works of art and the flavors were absolutely phenomenal. The white truffles are very rare and in season; that this restaurant offered them 3 ways was impressive, as was the royal presentation of this dish. What a treat. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- ExtraordinarynomnomgirlDined on 10/8/2014This was certainly as good if not better than the many reviewers have stated. The food was outstanding, and we enjoyed sharing the wine pairing on the tasting menu. Our server Ashley was extremely knowledgeable about the food and wine and was friendly and attentive throughout the meal. It was the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary, and while expensive, was a real treat.Special Features:
- almost perfectmikeVIPDined on 10/4/2014Food and service were excellent. This is my second time (my first was not a good experience), but this restaurant has such a good rep. that we tried it again, and I was very pleasantly surprised. I had octopus salad and striper and both were perfect. Service was excellent. Timing of dishes was excellent. My only complaint was the bar. While we waited for another guest, we sat for one drink at the bar. The bar service was not very friendly and surprisingly for such a high end restaurant, there was very little in the way of scotch or whiskey. No Macallan, no Oban, no Johnny. Very surprising. We were the only ones at the bar and it seemed the bartender was more interested in talking with other staff than serving us. Still a strong recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceCesgoDined on 10/2/2014Nice and good food, good service, romantic place and good for special dinner,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Very nice, quiet place. The ambiance of the room makes it easy to forget what is going on elsewhere as it is pretty far withdrawn from the street but still has a window view, which is nice.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerRevereVIPDined on 9/30/2014No. 9 Park was simply outstanding from start to finish. The food was terrific - even better than I had remembered from my last visit. The octopus appetizer was the best octopus I have ever had. The service was friendly and they treated us very well for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too preciousmontanaguyDined on 9/28/2014The ambience is fine and the service friendly but the prix-fixe menu is limited to fussy and pretentious selections, for the most part, and the prices are outrageous. We will not go back and we will not recommend it to our friends.
- Not impressed... :(FoodieFromBostonDined on 9/27/2014Went to Park 9 for a special occasion. The waitstaff was very attentive, and accommodated a party member with allergies. We chose the Chef's Tasting Menu, and the only things that stood out were the scallop dish and the port ice-cream from the pumpkin crostata. We had a slight situation involving cleanliness, which unfortunately was not handled very well by the assistant manager, and left disappointed.Special Features:
- An Ideal Dining Experience!Gramps09VIPDined on 9/24/2014No. 9 Park was a hit in every respect: we had a hard time choosing among a variety of inviting menu items; the dishes were appropriately sized, well prepared and delicious; the service was warm and attentive, without being either obsequious or pushy; and the ambiance was conducive to conversation, with the restaurant consisting of several right-sized spaces. Definitely a place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceWomenWhoMeanBusinessVIPDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I came to No.9 Park for a special occasion and we couldn't have found a better spot. The service was amazing, and the food exquisite. And if ever there is a place to splurge on the wine pairing with each course, this is it!Special Features:
- Truly Fantastic!!11thanniversaryDined on 9/19/2014We went here for our 11th wedding anniversary and were simply spoiled with the wonderful service, view and food. My husband ordered the prix fixe dinner and I ordered the chef'so tasting menu- both were delicious, including the wines paired with each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every wayDebbieDined on 9/17/2014I dined for the first time with my husband and another couple who all had eaten here many times. No 9 did not disappoint. The whole experience was wonderful, from the friendly valet and hostess staff to the ambiance, outstanding service and scrumptious food. We ordered ala carte off of the prix fix menu. The kitchen was very accommodating and the food staggered nicely. Everything we ordered was well prepared and delicious. We had a wonderful table overlooking the public garden. can't say enough about it.Special Features:
- Worth the trip!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Great experience from start to finish. I will say that there was a bit of 'up selling' pressure in that we had arrived with interest in the prix fixe menu and the server was a bit focused on pushing us to the tasting menu. However, all in all, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- love the tasting menurhealitycheckDined on 9/14/2014Every time I've come here the tasting menu has been really fantastic and they're always accommodating of allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKF23Dined on 9/14/2014The service and hospitality was excellent. I was there celebrating my gf's birthday and it was a perfect spot for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Worth The WaitJasonVIPDined on 9/13/2014We ended up waiting 45 minutes after our reservation time for our table, however the staff was very apologetic and comped all our drinks while we waited. I am glad we stayed however as the food was excellent and an incredible journey. We came for my mothers birthday and she had never done a tasting menu at a restaurant before. She was blown away and had one of the best birthdays ever. Our waiter was great and food incredible.Special Features:
- Excellent time!Cristian33Dined on 9/13/2014They were fantastic! The service was outstanding, well prepared staff and they had all the necessary for our night to me a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special dinner with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We had a lovely time at Number 9 park. Our server Joe was knowledgeable and welcoming - he had great suggestions on the menu and wine list. Pricey, but the service and quality of food were superb. Will be there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly hits, some missesJenni9733Dined on 9/10/2014Great service, attentive and knowledgeable staff. Had the chef's tatting menu... all the fish dishes were incredible, pasta was so-so, lamb and duck were delicious. Dessert was boring and not so good. Selection of cheeses was okay, could have a better Blue and triple cream choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prune-Stuffed GnocchiOmniverousBillVIPDined on 9/5/2014Arriving on a late Friday night into Boston from Washington DC, Barbara Lynch's "always on the menu" Prune-Stuffed Gnocchi (w/fois gras, almonds, vins) and my "chef's tasting" Lobster Salad (lobster bits with fresh yellow and green peach segments, with "vin gris") got us off to a great start, having arrived one night early for a Saturday wedding, for the sole purpose of a dinner for two at 9 Park. Followed by Colorado Lamb tenderloin (with a 9 Park "BobCat" cuvee full Sarah from CA) and a Ris de Veau left the two of us wondering: is 9 Park the top French Restaurant in the USA? Certainly, as following Guide Michelin, dinner there was indeed "worth a journey;" so if not the best, certainly worthy of those three stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Anniversary DinnerJohnBetsyVIPDined on 9/4/2014We visited No. 9 Park early on a Thursday evening in early September, and were seated in the back room. The ambiance was warm and cosy, with the tables well-spaced. The room gradually filled up but, even with everyone talking, the other conversations were non-intrusive. My wife had ricotta tortellini, crystal valley chicken and chocolate mint cake from the prix-fixe menu, while I tried the chef's tasting menu. We added the optional selection of artisanal cheeses, paired with kracher dessertwein. Every course was delicious and perfectly cooked. We will definitely return to try other dishes. The service was superb, especially our waiter Joe who was very knowledgeable about the wines & cheeses. The price was reasonable for fine dining.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBrooklynPhilistineDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I came here to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Since we are both relatively poor graduate students, we opted for the prix-fix menu instead of the chef's tasting menu. Everything was delightful. Would definitely return once I have an income derived from sources other than student loans.Special Features:
- Get ready for small portion siseMertManDined on 8/31/2014While the meal was extremely satisfying taste wise the portions were on the sparce side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealMikeFVIPDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful dinner and service at No. 9 Park. Unique dishes on the menu and very attentive service.Special Features:
- Quality Barbara Lynch restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014No. 9 Park is great place - just not quite as good as Menton. Physically, the place could use a renovation - there are some cracked paint spots, chips in the wall, uneven cooling, uneven lighting. Service is very good, just not as polished as at Menton. The food is delicious, but again not as refined as Menton. The cocktail menu is great, and the prix fixe menu has a diverse selection. Great place for dinner on a weekend evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Service Amazing CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014One of the best dining experiences we have ever had...which is a positive given the size of the check at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No. 9 never disappointsrebrivvedVIPDined on 8/29/2014Don't know what took us so long to return to what we consider to be one of the best restaurants in Boston. So glad the Tour de Gruppo caught my attention. The prix fixe menu was lovely - far superior to the usual restaurant week fare. Our server was warm, informative but never intrusive, with impeccable wine recommendations every step of the way.Special Features:
- Food amazing but I was so cold!SandicitaVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food was really amazing. The prune-stuffed gnocchi in particular were just divine. The AC was turned up so high, however, that I was freezing all night. Since it was the middle of summer, I did not think to bring a sweater. Definitely affected my enjoymentof the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favorite..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014would not come to a trip to Boston without a dinner at No.9 Park. Quality of ingredients and execution are superbe.Special Features:
- DisappointedbackbaychickVIPDined on 8/28/2014Went here for Dine Out Biston. Maybe that means the "normal" food is below par...? I don't know but it was average at best. And average for a mid range restaurant- not a well known, high end Barbara Lynch restaurant. Food was Disappointing. Very disappointing. Service was stellar though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014We experienced a special evening as staff was attentive, knowledgable, nonintrusive, and friendly. Food was presented beautifully with a flair of different flavors. Wine list offfered excellent value and an interesting selection.Special Features:
- For special celebrationsRebeccaVIPDined on 8/26/2014We celebrated our 22nd anniversary at No. 9 Park this week and are very glad we did. The food is delicious and the service was excellent. We will look forward to returning again at some point in the future.Special Features: