No. 9 Park
9 Park Street
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
No. 9 Park
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.no9park.com/
- Phone: 617-742-9991x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Saturday 5:30 – 10:00 pm
DINNER IN THE BAR ROOM AND BAR
Sunday through Saturday 5:30 – 10:30 pm
*Our Chef's Tasting Menu will be offered until 9:30pm in both the dining room and bar room.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Barbara Lynch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 9 at Home offers unique and exclusive catering from No. 9 Park, B&G Oysters, The Butcher Shop, and Sportello. Please contact us at 617-423-4200 or email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: No. 9 Park offers both private and semi-private dining for 20 to 80 guests for a sit down dinner or 100 for a cocktail reception.
No. 9 Park is the perfect setting for celebrating a special occasion or hosting a corporate event. From twenty to seventy-five guests for a sit down dinner and up to one hundred for a cocktail reception, No. 9 Park offers extraordinary food, an intimate setting, and gracious hospitality. In addition to creating a customized menu with our talented chefs, No. 9 Park can offer the expertise of Wine Director Cat Silirie in selecting from a wine list featuring primarily limited production artisan wines. From a three-course business luncheon to an elegant seven-course Chef’s Tasting menu paired with exquisite wines, No.9 Park provides the perfect setting for a range of private events.
For information on arranging a private event, please email Marissa Swiech at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 617.742.9991.
- Private Party Contact: Marissa Swiech 617-742-9991x
- Cross Street: Beacon Street
- Public Transit: No. 9 Park is less than 1 block from Park Street Station on the Red and Green Lines, a short walk from Government Center on the Blue Line and Downtown crossing on the Orange Line.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: No. 9 Park offers valet parking as early as 5:00 pm every evening at a price of $16.00 per vehicle.
A word from No. 9 Park
Located in an elegant townhouse in historic Beacon Hill, No. 9 Park provides an intimate setting to enjoy Barbara Lynch's refined cuisine. The menu showcases an artful blend of regionally inspired Italian and French dishes with an emphasis on simplicity and flavor. The wine program focuses on regional producers whose styles reflect a taste of place. The dining room, designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz, radiates a quiet and timeless elegance in the form of a muted taupe palette and dark polished wood floors. From the carefully selected wines to the warm hospitality, No. 9 Park strives to set the standard for fine dining in Boston.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
No. 9 Park - Best Restaurants in Beacon Hill ›
No. 9 Park reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (172)fit for foodies (154)romantic (128)notable wine list (114)neighborhood gem (46)scenic view (32)good for groups (13)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Special Service Amazing CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014One of the best dining experiences we have ever had...which is a positive given the size of the check at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No. 9 never disappointsrebrivvedVIPDined on 8/29/2014Don't know what took us so long to return to what we consider to be one of the best restaurants in Boston. So glad the Tour de Gruppo caught my attention. The prix fixe menu was lovely - far superior to the usual restaurant week fare. Our server was warm, informative but never intrusive, with impeccable wine recommendations every step of the way.Special Features:
- Food amazing but I was so cold!SandicitaVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food was really amazing. The prune-stuffed gnocchi in particular were just divine. The AC was turned up so high, however, that I was freezing all night. Since it was the middle of summer, I did not think to bring a sweater. Definitely affected my enjoymentof the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favorite..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014would not come to a trip to Boston without a dinner at No.9 Park. Quality of ingredients and execution are superbe.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Went here for Dine Out Biston. Maybe that means the "normal" food is below par...? I don't know but it was average at best. And average for a mid range restaurant- not a well known, high end Barbara Lynch restaurant. Food was Disappointing. Very disappointing. Service was stellar though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014We experienced a special evening as staff was attentive, knowledgable, nonintrusive, and friendly. Food was presented beautifully with a flair of different flavors. Wine list offfered excellent value and an interesting selection.Special Features:
- For special celebrationsRebeccaVIPDined on 8/26/2014We celebrated our 22nd anniversary at No. 9 Park this week and are very glad we did. The food is delicious and the service was excellent. We will look forward to returning again at some point in the future.Special Features:
- Anniversarytablepour2VIPDined on 8/24/2014Perfect choice, the food was excellent, great wine selections, wonderful service, very attentive and knowledgeable without being intrusive. Perfect night. We loved the ambiance and quiet. Great spot for romantic dinner or a dinner with friends when quiet conversation is desired.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten at No. 9 Park on a few occasions, and have never been disappointed. Their meals typically are of the prix fixe nature. We chose a five course option, with fluke, bluefish, foie gras, gnocchi, and flat iron steak. While the portions were small, each course was presented beautifully; we were satiated before the dessert was presented. The location is easily accessible to out of town guests and locals alike, though the view of the Common, from most of the tables, is limited. The ambience is nothing special, though the quiet nature of the setting and the exquisite care we were given by the wait staff more than made up for this truth. We will always make our way back to No. 9 Park when visiting Boston from our home in Phoenix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously perfectPhxfoodieDined on 8/21/2014Celebrated a birthday dinner at No.9 park. The chef made an incredible dessert cake on request and it was magnificent. I enjoyed the entire dinner, every dish was beautifully plated and pleasing to the palate. We had the luck of dining out during Boston's restaurant week, so we had several tasting menus to choose from. The wait staff were so attentive and knowledgeable about the cuisine. If I find myself in Boston again, I would not hesitate to dine at No. 9 park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningSpecialOccasionDined on 8/21/2014A friend and I treated ourselves to an amazing dinner: we had the tasting menu which was customized for us (pescatarians). The service was impeccable. We couldn't have asked for a better environment in which to reconnect.Special Features:
- FantasticRater2Dined on 8/19/2014Wife and I were visiting Boston and had one night for a special dinner. Went with No.9 - it did not disappoint. Was Boston's Dine Out week so there were three menu offerings. They ask that all diners at the table work off the same choice (this is something I have grumped about at other restaurants). We chose 3 course - it gave us the most flexibility in tasting around the menu. Each course was delightful and on point. Since no wine pairing was offered for the 3 course, we asked our server to pair for us. She did an EXCELLENT job. However, be aware, that can get pricey fast. If you're budget conscious, ask service to be as well, or avoid this route. Otherwise, I highly encourage if visiting (or a resident) of Boston, to plan a visit to no.9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerLuv2dineDined on 8/17/2014The food and service were both fantastic. We Ordered the chef's tasting menu and every coarse was delicious and beautiful. They accommodated My 10 yr old and he was very happy with his meal. The cheeses were so good that we decided to skip desert and have the cheese plate instead.Special Features:
- Exceeded Expectations!!Say78Dined on 8/17/2014We were visiting Boston and saw this cozy looking restaurant. It was amazing, from the time we walked in until we left!! The signature cocktail list was really hard to just pick one! I recommend the "Painkiller". Next we sat down at a great table in the corner. Our server Gregg really added to the experience. He was very knowledgable about the menu, wines and the artisan cheeses. I highly suggest doing a five course or chef's tasting menu with the wine pairing. The food was outstanding and creative. Everything was brought out in perfect time. The staff and service were professional yet very friendly. I love this restaurant and we will definitely be back on our next visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original, High End and PriceyFuscDined on 8/17/2014Well worth the expense. We chose the Tasting menu and it was over the top with great combinations or quality items blended together in an orderly fashion..Dinner for 4 was almost $700...but we would do it again...The Prix Price menue is a bit kinder to pocketbook. But overall, an excellent experience. A little noisy but not over the top.I would recommend this to a friend.
- #No.9BOSTimothyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Classy, classic cocktails accompany extraordinary cuisine, served by a highly proficient staff, in a very comfortable environment. Who could want anything more?Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Even though this restaurant has the high prices of some other restaurants they don't have that stuffy high price feel. The staff were fantastic & we felt right at home. My friend didn't care for the 1st course, she didn't complain but they noticed and brought her something else instead (I finished off her 1st course, I thought it was wonderful). Great bread - something I'm always picky about. We did the dine out Boston pre-fix and everything was delicious - just the right portions, left satisfied but not uncomfortably stuffed. I would return. They are very accommodating & friendly. I would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Lovely nightDelightedDinerDined on 8/16/2014We chose from the prix-fixe menu. We had asked in advance for pescatarian options, and they altered some of the dishes to honor our preferences. The corn agnolotti was flavorful and the hake was incredible. I found myself audibly "mmming" after each bite. I would highly recommend the black truffle supplement with homemade pasta. For dessert, the chocolate ice cream torte was the perfect blend of mint, cold cream, and chocolate to top off my full stomach. Of course, the service was attentive and thoughtful. We had a lovely time, and would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyPassion4foodDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant in general was lovely and had very good food. The main thing that stands out for me is that it was very pricey. We chose to order à la carte, and found out when we got the check, that all appetizers and main courses were the same price (except for some sepcial courses like foie gras), which meant I ended up paying around 20 dollars for a gazpacho that was pretty bland. We also brought our kids (2 and 4 years old), which went all right (thanks to our iPads and head phones :), but their pasta with butter cost 18 USD per portion! That was the most expensive pasta we have ever had! Some carrots on the side were 8 USD... All in all a great place to eat (all the other dishes were really good), but don't bring small kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/13/2014We were treated as celebrities during our anniversary dinner. The food was a fantastic as always, and the service was over the top friendly, knowledgeable, and celebratory. Simply a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No 9 ParkmerlinVIPDined on 8/9/2014A great restaurant for a special occasion. The menu was varied and everything we had was excellent.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful time. The night was a special occasion and the restaurant was nothing short of outstanding. The service was exceptional, the food was spectacular and the whole event was memorable. Because it was a special occasion, I cannot say that we will go frequently but I am certain that we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date night placeMR09VIPDined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend and I have been living in Beacon Hill for a few months and kept passing it so one night decided to try it. The food was excellent - extremely flavorful and the portions were just right. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the entire menu and wine list and helped us make some tough decisions. The entire staff was extremely attentive yet not overbearing so that we could enjoy our date night.Special Features:
- Great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food is as great as what you can find in Boston area. Our waitress was knowledgeable enough and answered all our questions. Staff were friendly and welcoming. The ambiance is quiet and romantic, great for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014We waited more than a half hour for our 8:30 reservation. The maitre de offered us a drink, so the champagne shortened the wait. But I guess Danny Meyer is the only restaurant owner who does not overbook the tables. Food was outstanding and the wine list was interesting for wine fanatics. JZulackSpecial Features:
- AwesomeJbenj09Dined on 8/6/2014This restaurant came highly reccommended so I was really excited. Walked in and was quickly taken to our table that had a great view looking out towards the Prudential tower and over the Boston Commons. Our 3 course meal was amazing, the prune stuffed gnocchi was amazing, the hake and duck were both unbelievable. The food was amazing, the service was great. Definitely a great spot for an expensive, but well worth it meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014There are certain foods that linger on in memory as 'to die for'! Such is the case with No. 9's Prune-Stuffed Gnocchi in a foie gras, almond, vin santo. The gnocchi were so tender and the contrast of the sweet prune with the foie gras glaze was a culinary delight. Not only the taste, but the presentation of each dish was outstanding. Our waiter was very professional and took care to answer our questions about the menu. With wine, dinner for two can be quite expensive. For a special occasion, dining at No. 9 is a gift in itself.Special Features:
- AmazingFGRCDined on 8/4/2014Great experience of gastronomia, excellent wine and good service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmmmDined on 8/4/2014first rate food that is difficult to find elsewhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect setting, amazing food!ZoeyeatsDined on 8/2/2014Delicious, artistically presented, surprising taste and texture combinations. Every course was perfectly prepared with fresh ingredients I hadn't experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Pleasant, relatively quiet for an early Friday evening. Too many servers/wait staff. Meat and chocolate cake excellent but food otherwise not memorable. Wine list very overpriced for quality of wine.
- Nice place.TokyoGeoDined on 7/30/2014Service and food were fine. Was it memorable ... ? Not sure. But, probably as good as it gets in Boston. if in Boston, would consider going again.Special Features:
- No. 9 ParkddnkelDined on 7/27/2014Bottom line an exceptional food experience. The pairings were amazing. We had the six course pre fixe with some additions. The flavors, pace and variety were perfect. Great service. We were there Sunday night and you would expect some drop off in service. Not so. Keith was great. Wonderful suggestions but not pushy. You really felt like it was important to him that your meal was exactly what you wanted.Special Features:
- Fantastic!CaroleeBDined on 7/26/2014My boyfriend and I came for our 26th anniversary. We did the tasting menu with the wine pairings and the food was amazing. The chef also made thoughtful accommodations for my boyfriend's dislike of tomatoes! Really love this place on all levels-it is a special treat for us and we look forward to returning next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not worth the price.DebbieNHDined on 7/26/2014The food was good but definitely not worth the price for the rather small portions. All appetizers here are $21 and all entrees are $39 dollars. If we had just ordered an entree like we usually do when dining out we would have left hungry. This was the first restaurant that we had made a reservation with open table that we had to leave our credit card number. If we did not show up for our reservation the restaurant would have charged us $25 dollars Overall we were not impressed and with so many great restaurants in Boston we won't be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014We were from Toronto visiting Boston and our hotel 15 Beacon recommended this restaurant which was fabulous! They offered a tasting menu but as our reservation was 9pm we decide to instead go for the 3 course menu. It was fabulous food and fabulous service we will definitely return next time we are in Boston.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014I was a little apprehensive coming here after some recent turnover in bartenders and chefs. Those worries were put to rest with yet another absolutely fantastic experience at No.9. The agnolotti were little pillows of enjoyment. The prune stuffed gnocchi is keeping its top appetizer spot. The entrées were astounding (I paid the extra supplement for the Wagyu, and it was buttery and amazing) and the service, as is always the case at a Barbara Lynch place, was above and beyond wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food and ambiancethetwohedonistsDined on 7/24/2014We loved our dinner at No 9 Park. The ambiance is elegant and understated, very relaxing. The food was really excellent, we had the three-course tasting menu, loved the lamb with eggplant and couscous, and the poached peach for dessert. Special thanks to the sommelier, who guided us really well. More detailed review on our website, but suffice to say we would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and couldn't have been happier. Food was great, nice wine choices and a beautiful view of Boston Commons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It never disappoints!MartaVIPDined on 7/23/2014Every time I have a family member visit me in Boston, I try to take them to No 9 Park. And they always leave this restaurant with the same comment: "Amazing!". The food is outstanding, the place is small and usually quiet, the service is always very good, the ambience is nice and not pretentious, ... And this time was no exception! I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.