NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus Topanga
6550 Topanga Canyon Blvd.
Canoga Park, CA 91313Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus Topanga
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/restaurants
- Phone: 8183167040
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 6:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joseph De Santis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: At your service. Tell us what you are looking for and we will find it for you.
- Cross Street: Victory Boulevard
- Public Transit: The Metro Bus Line 150/240 runs East and West, and stops at the corner of Victory Blvd. and Topanga Canyon Blvd.
The Metro Bus Line 244/245 runs North and South, and stops at the corner of Victory Blvd. and Topanga Canyon Blvd.
The Metro Orange Line Transitway runs East and West, and stops at the Warner Center Station.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ample free parking surrounding Neiman Marcus. Valet parking is available at Westfield Topanga at the north entrance of Neiman Marcus.
A word from NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus Topanga
NM Cafe offers California-inspired cuisine featuring fresh, composed salads, great daily soups, hot entrees, and the traditional NM favorites of chicken broth, popovers, strawberry butter and chicken salad. Introducing Go Figure Cuisine, Cuisine for a Healthier Lifestyle. Find it here. Need a respite from a day of shopping? Join us in our bar for a glass of wine and appetizers. Finish your afternoon with dessert and a hot cappuccino. Expect delectable dishes and the exceptional service that continue to be a tradition at Neiman Marcus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus Topanga reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Count on itRegaloneDined on 9/26/2014Lovely spot in a rather otherwise dull area of the Valley. The food is expensive, but quality is worth it. There were 6 of us celebrating a birthday. 2 people ordered the soup and sandwich combo. and both complained that the chicken salad was bland....so avoid that. The other 4 who got entree size salads, all loved our choices. Also, the complimentary pop overs are not to be missed. Ellla was our server and very attentive. We've been there before and we will be back.Special Features:
- babyluvzmommaDined on 8/28/2014My guest and I received excellent attentive service from the moment we approached the Hostess Desk. Our Server was warm and engaging. The food was very good and the presentation was delightful. The Lemon Ricotta cheesecake was divine and trimmed nicely with fresh plump raspberries. There was a very gracious model flowing through the cafe wearing 2 lovely gowns. Everything was exceedingly enjoyable.Special Features:
- Wish NM Cafe Would RecogonizedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Birthdays! I usually enjoy my lunches at the cafe but I brought and noted in my reservation a couple things: requested a booth back seating and when it is a birthday. Unfortunately, neither of the requested are acknowledged by NM Cafe. I must say it is very disappointing.Special Features:
- ConsistantEstelleVIPDined on 8/28/2014Food quality consistently good. Menu is changed up periodically. Service can be good or poor depending in the server. The four of us waited over a half hour before getting our order in. Avoid the server that has long grayish hair in a ponytail. Each time I've had her service was horrible. Other servers are usually ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popover was awesome.Yasu360VIPDined on 7/25/2014I went during LA dine WK. Nice ambiance. Their popover bread was awesome.Special Features:
- Everything was great!luv2eatout888VIPDined on 7/22/2014Very good foods and service. Love the Morrocan lentil soup and the crab cakes salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysEstelleVIPDined on 7/1/2014Food and service is excellent. Nice relaxing atmosphere. Enough variety on menu to keep you coming back. Everything is fresh with good quality control.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014With schools out, many children were having lunch at my last visit. All the "hard surfaces" made the noise level annoying. The food, however, was delightful as always. Our service was a little slow on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!EnjoyDiningOutDined on 6/6/2014My friend and I had lunch to celebrate her birthday and, as I knew would be the case, NM Cafe did not disappoint! We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful day with delicious food. A perfect choice for a lunchtime celebration!Special Features:
- The following 52 reviews are from the NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus Topanga reviews archive.
- Not as good as beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014Food was too salty or too bland. Service was painfully slow. Not what I expect from a pricier Valley lunch. We won't be back.
- The Best Lunch in the Valley!MattSaabVIPDined on 5/23/2014Now that they have brought back their Chicken Paillard with tomato sauce and carrots, the NM Café once again earns my vote for the best place to enjoy a fantastic lunch in the Valley. Great service, an attractive setting, hot pop overs and consume with biscuit make this neighborhood gem on par (or even better!) than the best Neiman Marcus restaurants and cafes around the country. The staff also deserves a huge accolade for going out of their way to make everyone feel special and gracing this restaurant with an atmosphere that doesn't exist in may restaurants anymore.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/14/2014This restaurant has amazing Popovers! The salads are also very good. The services is great! A bit on the pricey side.Special Features:
- SUBSTANDARDOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/7/2014It is with sadness that I have to give Neiman Marcus a substandard review. My husband and I decided to celebrate our Anniversary and have lunch at my favorite café. We were seated and I noticed that it was not quite as crowded a usual and thought we would get great service. However, that was not the case, the waitress was slow, seemed distracted and when we complained about our lunch (primarily tasteless and toast (burnt) we did not get a response. We noticed that the Manager (Michael) was on site and I motioned to him, to again complain about the burnt toast and dissatisfaction with my husband's food. The Manager seemed very dismissive and uninterested in what we had to say, making excuses as to how the (toast) is prepared.
- Bridgette is the best!ValleyFoodVIPDined on 4/18/2014We have always had adequate service at NM Cafe, but the last two times we have been lucky enough to get Bridgette as our server. She is far and away the best server NM Cafe has ever had!Special Features:
- Beautiful outside patioOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/16/2014My Wife and I loved the outside patio, which is completely secluded from the store and parking lot. There is a small waterfall which provides a great back drop to the eyes and ears. Food was fresh and tasteful as well.Special Features:
- Busy day at Neiman'sAltheaGDined on 4/12/2014We were seated right in the heart of the lunch rush, and frankly, my entire party didn't arrive on time, so that might have been why the service was so slow to start. We waited a full half hour before we even got a popover, though the one we finally got was fresh from the oven; the bouillon, which was also late, was tepid and weak--not the best I've had at NM. The filet mignon special was amazingly good, though the grilled shrimp salad got a so-so rating from my friend, though my other friend said the portobello burger was "tasty". The model was lovely and cheerful, and overall, it was a really nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NMCafe does it for meOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/14/2014I went for the specials and again was so pleased with this local spot. I would have to travel to downtown, BH, or Culver City for food crafted like what I experienced today. This is one of the only places in the Valley with consistently excellent New American cuisine. Today my Celery Root Bisque and Parsnip puree were perfect. I always look forward to having a meal here- and thanks to the great equalizer that is food- I can always afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/5/2014Neiman Marcus has always had wonderful food and great service. Great place to eat before and/or after shopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere & food, except...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014The waiter serving our table was rude. Despite that, the rest of the cafe staff are all very friendly. The cafe overall is very quiet and cozy. I particularly like the small water fountain outdoor!Special Features:
- Waterfall!karaDined on 1/18/2014White tablecloths and attentive service - and I loved the waterfall!
- Simply the best place for lunch!MattSaabVIPDined on 12/30/2013Great food and fantastic service make this the best café in the Neiman Marcus family. There are other NM cafes and Mariposa restaurants, but this one has the best food quality and best servers in the entire company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchIleneDined on 12/16/2013I took a special friend there for her Birthday. The food was excellent as was the service. We choose to sit outside on the patio which is lovely but a big mistake because of the noise level. The screeching of the chair everytime someone moves was so annoying. Also, it is hard to hear if you are near the waterfall. Unfortunately a group of about 7 women came in and sat next to us and they were very noisy. So between the waterfall, the large group and the terrible sound of the chair, it was not a good choice. I recommend the inside only. It really is a great place to have lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodEstelleVIPDined on 11/12/2013I eat here often and have had a variety of dishes all good. Patio area is preferred. Service is spotty. Usually good for a quiet lunch, however we sat inside and there was a large noisy party going on. Too cold to sit outside unfortunately. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableEstelleVIPDined on 10/1/2013Food consistently high quality, variety menu. Lovely place for lunch after an exhausting day of shopping! Is hidden away in the corner of Neiman Marcus Men's Dept. highly recommend. Favorite lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOPANGA PLAZA GEMOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/16/2013I have been coming for lunch at this wonderful restaurant/café for sometime. The food is always very good and the service is without a doubt the best. The manager is always very friendly, very professional and definitely knows the needs of every customer that walks though the door. He is without a doubt a great asset to the Neiman Marcus restaurant/café location on the Topanga Plaza/Westfield Mall.Special Features:
- Neiman's CafeshapDined on 9/8/2013Met for a lovely ladies lunch with my girlfriends prior to doing some shopping. Menu was delicious with plenty of options for everyone to find what they liked. Wait staff was very helpful and pleasant and attentive. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in The ValleyMattSaabVIPDined on 8/11/2013This valley version of the classic NM café is a gem with great food, delicious popovers and the best staff in any LA restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for ladies' lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013Lovely, reminiscent of the old Bullock's Tea Room. They serve warm popovers with strawberry butter. Heaven!Special Features:
- Great overall; wrong combolunchBunchDined on 7/25/2013LA Dine Restaurant Week Specials: Husband had the Filet Mignon special which was prepared just right, with loads of grilled fresh vegetables. I had the scallops with a wedge of iceberg lettuce, tomatoes and other salad condiments. The grilled scallops were generous and delicious but the salad w/ a vinegar dressing served on the same platter just did not go well with the scallops. My taste buds yearned for potatoes or grilled veggies instead of a cold salad. The vinegar dressing did not blend well with the taste of the scallops. Food was good, just wrong combination. Love those hooks under the table to hold shopping or hand bags.Special Features:
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2013From the complimentary cup of broth through the salmon on lentils recommended by our server, this was a delightful lunch.Special Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2013I decided to try during Dine la week and since it is actually local for me. I cannot expand enough on how pleasing this experience was. I had the best ahi tuna dish I have ever had in my life- and a lovely first course of crab salad profiteroles. This was such a delight at a great price. The chef really invests in flavors that are meaningful and sauces that have time put into them obviously. Really excited to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed another GREAT lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/22/2013Enjoyed another GREAT lunch at the NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus Topanga!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant atmosphere.Borealis65VIPDined on 6/16/2013It's always a pleasure to here if just for the proposed served when u sit down. Food is always beautifully presented and tasty.Special Features:
- Generally goodEstelleVIPDined on 6/11/2013Have been here several times and the food and service has been excellent. This time the meal was fair, nothing outstanding, however, our service was terrible. The server was never around and extremely slow. This was the exception, not the norm. Highly recommend this restaurant. Their menu is interesting, with variety and the specials are changed frequently. The outdoor patio area is nicer and usually quiter than indoors.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceEstelleVIPDined on 5/28/2013Good food, variety menu and relaxed atmosphere. Great place to wind down after shopping.Special Features:
- Excellent for CelebrationsEnjoyDiningOutDined on 5/13/2013I treated a friend to lunch for her birthday and have been to this restaurant before for similar occasions. Neiman Marcus Cafe never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a special occassionFFFFDined on 4/2/2013Birthday lunch for my girlfriend. She said if I have never been there, we should go. Easy access from the parking lot to the restaurant. The food here was very good,nice touches such as popovers and strawberry butter and the chicken broth with the mini biscuit when you sit down. I had the special of the day the Chicken and polenta. My girlfriend had the canyon salad. Prices were a little pricey for lunch 65.00 for lunch for two at a mall. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- I took a friend to lunch andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2013I took a friend to lunch and it was a beautful day. We sat outside and had a delightful lunch consisting of salmon salad; then to top it off we had a delicious bread pudding for dessert.Special Features:
- Lunch GemBrettDDined on 1/31/2013What a surprise! The food was incredible and we loved sitting next to the waterfall during lunch. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Ideal for a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2013Great for a business lunch - not too noisy - enough privacy between tables. We ate outside. The weather was gorgeous, the sound and sight of the waterfall lovely. The menu - good ! The service - very appreciated. Our server realized we were doing business, and took that into consideration. I'd not gone there for a business lunch. Am already planning the next one.Special Features: